It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Anti-Christ

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Marijuana is a peaceful plant...

Don't bring it into a discussion like this...

Sorry i had to say something

IAMIAM brought it up, and I wasn't about to let him tell me things that aren't in the bible. Sorry but when it comes to biblical writings I got to be truthful.

Marijuana does make an awesome cup of tea with honey though, gives you a really well rested sleep, good for stomach ailments, gets rid of stomach flu, and all this without getting high. You wake up feeling very refreshed too.
Also works really well for people that are going through Chemotherapy. But there are other better more natural treatments for cancer.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
IAMIAM brought it up, and I wasn't about to let him tell me things that aren't in the bible. Sorry but when it comes to biblical writings I got to be truthful.

I showed you the scripture and still you call me untruthful. Show me scripture which contradicts what I have said.

Other wise it is you who are being untruthful.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

This is what I mean, you distort and make excuses for what is truth.

More judgements, more condemnation, are you SURE you are willing to follow Christs teachings?

How about explain where in my interpretation of the "Sermon on the Mount" I had erred in what Christ was saying.

With Love,

Your Brother

You erred when you add or take away from scripture. Now if you ask me where you did this, than it is plain to see that your not reading my whole post or that you can not argue the points that I made and your just side stepping and drawing attention away from the main points. This is typical to those that do not preach the true Word of God.
You remind me very much of what the Roman Catholic church does, also the Freemasons. There is two levels in both, one for the peasants and one for the hierarchy. For the peasants they give one version while the hierarchy practice evil beliefs. They do this to fool the peasants to hide what their true agenda is, which is world domination.

Check this out if you care to.
The Secret Behind Secret Societies
amazingdiscoveries.tv...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You erred when you add or take away from scripture. Now if you ask me where you did this, than it is plain to see that your not reading my whole post or that you can not argue the points that I made and your just side stepping and drawing attention away from the main points. This is typical to those that do not preach the true Word of God.
You remind me very much of what the Roman Catholic church does, also the Freemasons. There is two levels in both, one for the peasants and one for the hierarchy. For the peasants they give one version while the hierarchy practice evil beliefs. They do this to fool the peasants to hide what their true agenda is, which is world domination.

Very well my friend. Tear others down if that is what it takes for you to feel secure in yourself. I'll be your whipping post if you need one.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I showed you the scripture and still you call me untruthful. Show me scripture which contradicts what I have said.

Other wise it is you who are being untruthful.

You didn't show me anything.

Genesis 1:11-12 (New American Standard Bible)

11Then God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so.

12The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good.

There's nothing here that speaks of what your saying.

Now it was requested that, and I quote: Don't bring it into a discussion like this...
Are you trying to use this to your benefit, to sway some one to your side?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
my my what Religion does to good men. If beer was good enough for the Egyptians and Israelites its good enough for me....I gave reference to both the high and low classes....Pot became illeagal in 1938. You dont suppose they started growing it in 1937...as old as beer I guess, now how do I tie this post in to the thread? hummmm
edit on 15-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: I misspelled a word

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Very well my friend. Tear others down if that is what it takes for you to feel secure in yourself. I'll be your whipping post if you need one.

With Love,

Your Brother

Now come on, I thought you'd do better than that, are you trying to be a martyr? Do you want a bottle of warm milk with that?
I don't fall for your kind of rhetoric especially when your now trying to get the sympathy of others is what I see here happening.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
my my what Religion does to good men. If beer was good enough for the Egyptians and Israelites its good enough for me....I gave reference to both the high and low classes....Pot became illeagal in 1938. You dont suppose they started growind it in 1937...as old as beer I guess, now how do I tie this post in to the thread? hummmm

Thanks, I needed a good laugh just about now, and I'm not being sarcastic, it's funny what you just said and you made me laugh in a good way.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Now come on, I thought you'd do better than that, are you trying to be a martyr? Do you want a bottle of warm milk with that?
I don't fall for your kind of rhetoric especially when your now trying to get the sympathy of others is what I see here happening.

I do not need anyone's sympathy my friend. I have nothing to sympathise over. The point was that if you are only here to stand in opposition to someone who is actually teaching what Christ taught, simply for oppositions sake, then I will do as Christ taught and let you cast your stones, make your mocking remarks, turn the cheek and offer you the other one.

So, have at it if you must. We all teach Christ's lessons one way or another. Some will teach them from the Mount, some will teach them from the Pharasee's perspective, and still others will stand as Pilate did and wash their hands.

The question that you must answer for yourself is from which position you want to teach.

I have made my choice.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 15-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

hey Chief, you are encroaching the boundries of wearing the cloth of Christ for your own vanity...maybe just practice what you preach...just back off a little and so will he and everybody can get along

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I do not need anyone's sympathy my friend. I have nothing to sympathise over. The point was that if you are only here to stand in opposition to someone who is actually teaching what Christ taught, simply for oppositions sake, then I will do as Christ taught and let you cast your stones, make your mocking remarks, turn the cheek and offer you the other one.

So, have at it if you must. We all teach Christ's lessons one way or another. Some will teach them from the Mount, some will teach them from the Pharasee's perspective, and still others will stand as Pilate did and wash their hands.

The question that you must answer for yourself is from which position you want to teach.

I have made my choice.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 15-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

No, instead you know what, I'll do as Christ did, I will shake the dust off of my feet from this place that we speak, for you are not worth it, and I will move on.
And as for what we have spoken about here, it is over, but it is left for others to read and they can decide for themselves.

And don't think for one second that you proved anything, because you haven't proved a thing except maybe you have a bigger ego than you'd like to admit.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
hey Chief, you are encroaching the boundries of wearing the cloth of Christ for your own vanity...maybe just practice what you preach...just back off a little and so will he and everybody can get along

I am sorry if you see it this way my friend. I do not do anything for my own vanity. What I do is speak the truth that Christ spoke. Not out of vanity, but because it is truth.

Where have I asked to be exalted? Where have I asked to take credit for what I have said? Have I not given all the credit to Christ and to the father?

Where have I not practised what I preach? You ask me to back off when all I have done is spoken the truth. Are you suggesting that the truth should be left without a voice rather than make someone uncomfortable?

No my friend, I will not back down. I will continue to speak the truth, and if it makes them feel uncomfortable, then they can continue to condemn me. In condemning me they condemn the truth, for it is Christ's own words on which I have built my testimony.

Thank you for your concern though.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The Kingdom of Greatness

1At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. 6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

The innocence of a child is the way of Christ. Children take no offence to anything. Everything is new to them and life is just an experience of discovery. The majority of our disagreeements with others in this life is due to what we perceive as "Offensive" behavior or "Offensive" words. Children do not know these offences, it is something they are taught as they grow older. To enter the Kingdom of Heaven, one must rid themselves of their biases which cause them to see others as offensive. It is no man's place to judge what is offensive. He that does only creates the division which separates himself from seeing the Kingdom of Heaven.

8Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Therefore, it is better to cut off an offending limb, than to live life perceiving it as offensive. This is the cutting away of your own bias and prejudices. Failing to do so results in seeing the world as an ugly place full of offence, hell and torment.

10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Little ones are the Children of God, who Christ came to reunite with the father. They are all of us. The way back into Heaven is to see the face of God in everything.

12How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Such is the rejoicing of God when one of his Children remembers his ever-presence. God is always looking for you. He may be watching you through the eyes of your child, your wife, maybe even your dog. He is always watching, waiting for you to see him in everything that is. Waiting for you to see the love through which he created everything.

15Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

As God is always in everything, so if one harms you, let them know. Work towards making amends. If they refuse to hear your words, then love them anyway and let them be. They do not know God and it is up to God to awaken them. He is within them and they know it not. All things that happen on earth happen in Heaven.

19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

When two or more agree one earth in the spirit of Love, Christ's name, what they ask shall be done. If you are with a friend and there is love between you, what ever you ask of one another you will do for one another, just as Christ would do for those who would gather with him.

21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Forgive one another always. The power of forgiveness is in your hands. If someone has harmed you and they come for forgiveness, give it to them. You would likewise want to be forgiven for the things you have done to others.

23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. 24And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. 25But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. 28But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. 29And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. 31So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. 32Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 33Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 34And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 35So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

God forgives us all and we are expected to forgive one another in return. Those who know they have been forgiven, but cannot forgive themselves are tormented. To not forgive is to be filled with bitterness and despair. Forgiveness may be difficult for some, as they have had the worst of cruelties visited upon them. They suffer the torment of their own injustices. Forgive them for the coldness of their heart, offer comfort, and hope that they become strong enough to forgive those things which happened to them.

Forgiveness is the strongest weapon one has against any Anti-Christ. Forgiveness is love in it's purest form and all are born with the ability to use it.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 16-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

I believe that there will be no such thing as an anti-christ. Their will be just a lot of cloak and dagger strategy. A lot of the book that was re-writen (old and new testament) do not contain exactly the original material. A lot of the researchers found out that religion and time had changed it so that it contained exactly what they needed to keep power and control.

You will see a lot of unrest in the few years, but more because of the lies of every single governement more then the fact that one single person will take place as its total ruller...

I could be wrong...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You Sir are spot on! Thank God that there are other people out there that are not spiritually blind! The word "Anti-Christ" is only mentioned 4 times in the bible. You would think it would be easy for people to identify this entity, but many still believe it is ONE person, but this is not biblically sound doctrine! John says that there are many "Anti-Christ" in the world at HIS time of writing his book! Anyone who denies that Jesus Christ is the messiah, savior and Son of God is Anti-Christ; period.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think people here generally misunderstand the meaning of the word 'antichrist'. To be honest, I think alot of people here misunderstand the bible. We are talking about a collection of 66 books written over a period of (approximately 2,000) years from a culture and mindset that is COMPLETELY alien to ours. Okay, maybe the greek is somewhat akin to our philosophy, but the Hebraic/Jewish/middle eastern mind is totally different. When the writers of the old testament wrote down the things that they did, they didn't know that someone 2,000 years later from a different world, time and culture were going to be reading it! They assume that you (the reader) know what they are saying, understand the idioms and grammatical inferences made. They assume you understand the poetry of the psalms and expressions found in (for example) Song of Solomon. I mean hey, what do you think the writer of Song of Solomon is saying when he writes 'Your belly is as a heap of wheat'.
Don't make sense does it? That's because he wasn't writing it to you, the western reader. You'll read all kinds of things into it that aren't there.
(For the record, in the example I just gave, the writer is describing a woman as being fertile).

Anyway. 'Christ' is the greek word for the Hebrew 'Moshiach', or 'Messiah'. The word means 'Anointed'. It refers to the one GOD has anointed as the deliverer of Israel, the redeemer of mankind. A Christian will have a different understanding to the Jew with regard to what the criteria of the Messiah is and his purpose.
Anyway, people often have this misunderstanding that 'anti-christ' means one who is against christ, or the sworn enemy. Fair enough, to some degree that is true, but only in the correct context of the phrase. 'Anti' actually means 'In place of'. What this is referring to is someone who is taking on or assuming the role of the Messiah. The Jewish people are still awaiting and expecting their Messiah to come and restore the kingdom of Israel and instill righteousness. Obviously, Christians believe that this was fulfilled in the ministry of Jesus, but on a different level to the understanding of the Jews.
Anti christ is an impersonator. One who stands in the place of the Messiah and claims to be the anointed one of GOD. He is one who leads the people and the world astray from the one true GOD and from the saviour of mankind.

This is probably the best starting point for me to come into this discussion before adding anything else

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

That is an interesting view my friend, but I am not so sure the scripture backs it up. Lets look:

1 John 2:18-19 "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us."

Here the antichrist are christians who broke from the flock to teach their own doctrine.

1 John 2:22-23 "Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also."

Here the antichrist is one who denies Jesus is the Christ, one who denies the father and the Son.

1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world."

Here the antichrist is anyone who denies Jesus Christ came from God.

2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist."

Here again, the antichrist is one who does not acknowledge Christ came in the flesh.

It would seem pretty consistent with scripture that according to the first and second epistle of John, that it is one who denies that Christ came in the flesh, and not just the spirit. This was written at a time when the early church was fracturing between those who believed Christ came in the flesh and those who claimed he only came in the spirit.

My OP is a statement that it does not matter. An antichrist is one who does not do what Christ said. It makes more sense to follow the teachings of the teacher than worry about who the teacher was if you find the teachings to be truth.

I do not bother with church politics. It does not matter to me what politic a church has when they do not follow the teachings of the teacher. Their politics are irrelevant.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 21-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You said: My OP is a statement that it does not matter. An antichrist is one who does not do what Christ said. It makes more sense to follow the teachings of the teacher than worry about who the teacher was if you find the teachings to be truth.

It is arguable (unfortunately) and it is evident as we can see in the world and on tv today that there are people out there who are following the teachings of the teacher (regardless of who he is) and stand by it because their teacher defines in their eyes what is 'truth'. Pilate said to jesus 'what is truth'?
We live in a world where truth has become relative rather than absolute. If truth is relative then there is no teacher, because there is no truth. We think there is a political fire burning all across the arab world right now because we believe that they desire democracy. That, friend, is our western view of the world. The arab mindset does not know what the 'western understanding' of democracy is, neither does it care for it or want to know it. It is irrelavent, immaterial. The middle east desires to subject itself to the constraints od shariah law. It believes this is the will of GOD and the way of GOD. As far as it is concerned, this is democracy (the will of the people). We (in our ignorance) think the arab mindset for democracy is the right to wear denim jeans and eat mcdonalds, etc, etc.

There are teachers out there saying what is appealing to the masses, and therefore is 'truth' to them (the masses) because it's what they desire. That doesn't make it truth. Gaza was given democratic elections and voted to go backwards in terms of 'western progressiveness'. Please feel free to look up the prefix 'anti' somewhere. I chose www.blueletterbible.org as it happens to be a great resource.
As the writer pointed out, 'They went out from us', because they were never truthfully 'of us'. If they were, they would've remained in the truth. But they found something 'in place' of christ.
The fact is that the concept of Christ or Messiah is a jewish one. It has no bearing or validity in our world unless taken in the context of the bible (be it old or new testament/covenant). Outside of this preposition, it has no real meaning and is open to perversion of meaning and contextualisation. The Jews are still awaiting their Messiah/Anointed one/Christ. Whether you believe it or not, one person is coming in this context to deceive the Jewish people and the world, as the saviour of all ills and redeemer of mankind that the whole earth has secretly been yearning for (but on their won terms). Hence, they will reap the fruit of the tree they have desired to eat from.
PS
I am not convinced we are brothers but I respect your thoughts and pursuit of truth.
Lucius

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Very well my friend. It appears we have a different view of things regarding "antichrist". No worries, the world is moving forward despite our differences of opinion on the word. In truth, I am not too concerned about the "antichrist". Christ is my Master and that is where I base my doctrine.

All else is but a reflection of the light.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Christ is my Master and that is where I base my doctrine.

How incredibly silly. No one is my master. I am ANTI-slavery physical or spiritual.

Guess that makes me an anti-christ *shrug*

Words are dangerous weapons when used carelessly.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join