It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Anti-Christ

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Once any discourse degenerates into a slavish recital of scripture then it is effectively over.

Have fun.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
deleted duplicate post
edit on 14-2-2011 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible
Once any discourse degenerates into a slavish recital of scripture then it is effectively over.

Have fun.

Yes it's hard to argue with words that cut deep.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
Hey my friend,
Do you think we wil be forced to take the mark of the beast ie microchip .
Or will the nwo be destroyed beforehand ?

I apologise for the delay in getting to your message. I was off line over the weekend. As far as the Prophecies in the Bible, I do not spend any time worrying about them. When they come to pass, I watch. Mostly I prefer to just do what I know Christ taught to do. I spread his life's work, and I do not concern myself with what will come. I believe the Mark of the Beast to be Money. You already have it. It is on your mind and in your hand and it rules your life.

What is the difference between one form of money and another?

I do not use money now, and I won't be using any later. I already gave Caesar back everything he has given me. The rest is my Kingdom and I answer to no man, nor do I expect any man to answer to me. All we can do is love one another. All else is material.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello ,
The reason i'm concerned is because im thinking of having kids soon . I want to be prepared .
many choices to be made such as whether to take vaccines , whether to home school etc etc .
I am not scared of the future but i have to be cautious for their sake .
Peace.
ps can you tell me some ways of not using money? I d like to hear how you managed it .

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiianyydayiii
Originally posted by trekwebmaster
I beg to disagree, Jesus was asked and he answered the question of "How to Pray."

It is written in Luke 11:

Ok my friend, you disagree.

I am not here to change your mind.

With Love,

Your Brother

I'd like to understand your stance on this matter better. This poster states that Jesus did indeed instruct us on how to pray and then goes to back it up with scripture. How is it you can disagree? Do you disagree with the bible? Do you contest that the bible is the uncorrupted Word of God? I have agreed with your statements up until this point so I'm curious about your response.

Let me clarify my friend. First, here is my point that the poster was disagreeing with.

You attribute much to Christ that he never said. He never told anyone how to worship the father. He said that when you pray, do so privately that no man will see you do it. He said the Kingdom of God is within you. Find God how you wish, know him as he reveals himself to you. You are his child. Nothing stands between you and the father. Christ said he was the way to the father, no one comes to the father except through him. Do you think that is his body? Do you think he meant his name? I knew a Jesus once. He certainly wasn't the way to the father. What Christ was telling you is that you go to the father with humility, innocence, purity of thought.

You do not pray for your own vanity. How are you going to get to something as spectacular as the being within all things known and unknown if you are not willing to be humble in your approach?

You are a Child of God. You can talk to the father any time you wish. To hear him, you must be humble like Christ. Otherwise all you hear is your own ego.

Ok, and here is the scripture he used to diagree with me

Luke 11
1And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3Give us day by day our daily bread.
4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
5And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Now I personally think that the scripture provided only supports my comments. If he disagrees, that is his choice, but all I see is agreement between the scripture and what I said.

And, if that scripture does not clearly back up my position, here is one that is more obviously in support of what I posted.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread.

12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. 14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

So you see, I felt it best to just agree to disagree. I comprehend the scripture differently than the other poster and it isn't a debate over who is right or wrong. He has his interpretation and I have mine.

Now everyone knows both perspectives and can make up there own mind.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 14-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hello ,
The reason i'm concerned is because im thinking of having kids soon . I want to be prepared .
many choices to be made such as whether to take vaccines , whether to home school etc etc .
I am not scared of the future but i have to be cautious for their sake .

All I can say on the future is to not worry. You may never even see it. What can you do right now to improve your life and those around you? Times are getting tough for everyone. Are you drawing in a circle of friends and family that you can lean on and who can lean on you? Are you spreading love and comforting others? You may need people or people may need you. What are you doing today to prepare for that? Are you loved and trusted? There is too much to do today, to worry about the work load of tomorrow.

Peace.
ps can you tell me some ways of not using money? I d like to hear how you managed it .

Here you have to be creative my friend. I have recently returned home to live with my dad. I sleep in the basement and help out around the house with odd jobs. I do odd jobs for others to bring in items like food. Some people have things they need done, but they do not have the money to pay someone. They do have services and goods for trade though. So that is what I do. I sacrifice a fancy living to do it, but I am free. The first step was loosing my attachments to the material things of life. I live simply with only a couple sets of clothes which fit in a sea bag. I have a roof over my head and food to eat, and that is enough.

Until I no longer have Brothers and Sisters going hungry, sleeping on the streets, or dying senselessly from wars, and disease, I do not need anything more.

This doesn't mean I have become a hermit. I had one hell of time this weekend. A friend of mine from high school took me out to a local karaoke bar and we brought the house down. In exchange I helped him with some car work.

It is simple and it brings people together. There is no reason we cannot live so simply on a global scale. Where someone needs something, we help them get it, in exchange, they help us. Everyone's labor is equal. There is no iniquity.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

You fool! Do you know that the Word of God is a light unto our feet? It is faithful and true? It gives wisdom to the foolish. "the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. "

I challenge you to challenge your entire perspective and read one Proverb everyday from the Book of Proverbs, for 30 days; the Word speaks for itself. Once you are convinced of that try the Gospels.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Have fun.

No it is pointless to attempt rational discourse with trolls for jesus.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Have fun.

No it is pointless to attempt rational discourse with trolls for jesus.

What about trolls that are wanders wandering in the dark? Show me your doctrine rather than your opinions.
The words from the bible to you are just words, I see more than just words, I see common sense and direction with love. The words from the bible also speak straight to the soul and to the heart, not riddles or philosophy.
The new testament is the best manual to living.
What do you think happens to you after you die? Do you believe that you have a soul?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrphilosophias
reply to post by Noncompatible

You fool! Do you know that the Word of God is a light unto our feet? It is faithful and true? It gives wisdom to the foolish. "the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. "

I challenge you to challenge your entire perspective and read one Proverb everyday from the Book of Proverbs, for 30 days; the Word speaks for itself. Once you are convinced of that try the Gospels.

Yes you are right I forgot to mention Proverbs, thank you for being on this thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

So are you a Jehovah's witness? And please answer with a simple yes or no.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I told you before my friend, you cannot contain me in a label.

I am not a Jehovah Witness.

I AM.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for your reply my friend.
I see what you mean about cash now , it takes sacrifice but ultimately means freedom , its a more old skool way of living like before man became enslaved by cash .
I expect you feel happier in life now as a result .
You remember your teapot thread ? gone been deleted before i could read it .
Have you ever been to England my friend or Spain ?
Peace to you .

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

I told you before my friend, you cannot contain me in a label.

I am not a Jehovah Witness.

I AM.

With Love,

Your Brother

Thanks for answering my question.

I have another question if you don't mind me asking.

Have you ever had a family, wife, and children?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Thanks for answering my question.

I have another question if you don't mind me asking.

Have you ever had a family, wife, and children?

Yes I have. I was married twice and have a daughter with my first wife.

I am single now and will never re-marry, as I do not believe it is beneficial to anyone.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply my friend.
I see what you mean about cash now , it takes sacrifice but ultimately means freedom , its a more old skool way of living like before man became enslaved by cash .
I expect you feel happier in life now as a result .
You remember your teapot thread ? gone been deleted before i could read it .
Have you ever been to England my friend or Spain ?
Peace to you .

It is a much happier existence in my opinion. I feel as though my priorities are straight for once. I am focused on living and loving instead of trying to live and forgetting about love.

I was in Madrid, Spain for a two week layover on my return from Djibouti. I did not get to leave he base, but I learned a little about the place while I was there. I haven't been to England, but I wouldn't pass teh chance up if it came my way.

The teapot party thread was interpreted as recruiting, which is against the T&C. I am a member of my local group, but we do not have the numbers as yet to brag much. People are still afraid to be a public supporter of marijuana because of the stigma attached, or because of potential harassment by law enforcement.

I doubt it will become a serious movement, and it isn't one which I dedicate a lot of time to. I am a bit more radical than just attacking our senseless drug war. I am one for revamping our entire world wide system and starting over again from scratch, leaving each man and woman a sovereign unto themselves, sharing this world and it's resources as one family.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

has anybody seen this:
www.youtube.com...

Ideas and beliefs are not tangible objects. So with that its every mans belief to himself.
Nobody can say this or that for sure. But this vid make my eyes stand wide open

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by IAMIAM

has anybody seen this:
www.youtube.com...

Ideas and beliefs are not tangible objects. So with that its every mans belief to himself.
Nobody can say this or that for sure. But this vid make my eyes stand wide open

Thats an interesting video my friend. It seems only to hint at a possible scenario without providing any evidence for it's claims, and it is created as nothing more than a marketing ploy for "Messiahinternational", a self glorifying "occult" messiah. I do not know this messiah figure supposedly pictured in the sun and moon, but I do know I will always be ware of someone who claims to look at all mankind as equals, while at the same time he dons titles of self aggrandizement such as "His Holiness", "Honorable", "Esteemed", etc.

Those things tend to be the habits of one who sees all mankind as equals UNDER themselves. Otherwise, why need the title??

Be cautious my friend. In this day and age, there are many competing for hearts and minds, mostly to take advantage of the stressful situation life will be shortly. Trust no man, they are liars. Look within for the truth of things. You have your own connection with God within you. Search your heart, and find it there.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Now I personally think that the scripture provided only supports my comments. If he disagrees, that is his choice, but all I see is agreement between the scripture and what I said. And, if that scripture does not clearly back up my position, here is one that is more obviously in support of what I posted.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. 9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11Give us this day our daily bread. 12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. 14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

So you see, I felt it best to just agree to disagree. I comprehend the scripture differently than the other poster and it isn't a debate over who is right or wrong. He has his interpretation and I have mine. Now everyone knows both perspectives and can make up there own mind.

Thanks for your reply and thread IAMIAM.
Ok, it looks like a simple misunderstanding between you and the other poster. You seem to agree that Christ tells us how to pray but He doesn't tell us exactly what to pray. We are to pray personally with God as He were someone we knew well, respected, and were comfortable with -like the parent He is. He's happy to give us what we need if we'd just ask with the proper frame of mind and heart.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join