It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Launches Total Media Takeover System

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Obama Launches Total Media Takeover System

www.prisonplanet.com

Commissioners voted last week to require television and radio stations, cable systems and satellite TV providers to participate in a test that would have them receive and transmit a live code that includes an alert message issued by the president. No date has been set for the test, according to the Post.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
voices.washingtonpost.com

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, here we go...

The Obama administration seems determined to be able to interupt radio & TV at will.

This article should be read by everyone in full.

Freedom is at peril.

We could see this start out as general info on terror alerts and then go to interuption of programming BigGov would prefer you not see.

Be sure to view the short video included in the article.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2011 by romanmel because: info on video

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Are there any other sources other than prisonplanet?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
very strange, because we already have the Emergency broadcast system....which is constantly interrupting my trance like drooling state whilst staring at the tube

seems like it is something else all together

no, not good

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I say we all get plane tickets to D.C and protest this.

...Who's down!

.... [crickets]

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Yes, The Washington Post

voices.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You mean the government doesn't already control the media????

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
very strange, because we already have the Emergency broadcast system....which is constantly interrupting my trance like drooling state whilst staring at the tube

seems like it is something else all together

no, not good

It is an expansion of the EBS. Authority to do this was in an Exec Ordered issued by Pres Clinton in 1976.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Perhaps I need to read Richard Clarke's latest book cause his books accurately depict the future.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
You mean the government doesn't already control the media????

Of course they do.

Now though, they'll control it real time, any time they wish.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow. Bad times!

imagine an orwellian state, kids growing up with seeing the president everywhr, even at shops, on huge monitors. Is that Fiction?

i doubt it

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
It is an expansion of the EBS. Authority to do this was in an Exec Ordered issued by Pres Clinton in 1976.
Monica Lewinsky must’ve had one hell of a gift alright... she even made Clinton go back in time and issue an Executive Order in 1976!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Learningman
Wow. Bad times!

imagine an orwellian state, kids growing up with seeing the president everywhr, even at shops, on huge monitors. Is that Fiction?

i doubt it

Now we will be forced to listen to Obama drone on and on.

And, changing the channel is not an option!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

www.federalnewsradio.com...

As I said in the following thread yesterday about this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...This may well go hand in hand with the "internet kill switch", and using some concerning language of "leveraging broadband" in conjunction with FEMA is definitely worth making a note of. Too many things to be coincidental imho...

S & F romanmel

edit on 8-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

link   

Clinton in 1976 ? OK im not that up on presidential history but I seem to remember Clinton getting a bj in the whitehouse more recently than that

link   

Originally posted by Learningman
Wow. Bad times!

i doubt it

Ever been to N. Korea bro? That is basically what it is like there.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Monica Lewinsky must’ve had one hell of a gift alright... she even made Clinton go back in time and issue an Executive Order in 1976!

The Exec Order was issued in 1976 and the equipment was secretly installed on all broadcast towers. The implementation of the system was never made untill now.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
didnt they learn from egypt? shutting down and media is a BAD idea, you dont want us coming out of our houses, trust me.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.federalnewsradio.com...

As I said in the following thread yesterday about this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...This may well go hand in hand with the "internet kill switch", and using some concerning language of "leveraging broadband" in conjunction with FEMA is definitely worth making a note of. Too many things to be coincidental imho...

S & F romanmel

edit on 8-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

You are sooo right, DD

Things are a 'poppin.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I can only think that you folks who say these things about Obama are not very old. There have been planned actions like this for a very long time. For the first 8 or 9 years right after ww2, every Monday at noon air raid sirens all over San Diego (my home city) would blast away for 30 seconds. That was the accepted means of alerting citizens to a threat then. A short while later a radio system was set up and the sirens were taken away (literally). Soon both TV and radio got into the act and it's been going on in one form or another ever since (ww2).

So now it is tested and you guys act like it has some dark, ominous purpose having to do with men in black coats and barbed wire and all sorts of government caused mayhem. C'mon people. It's ain't like that at all. Stop listening to that idiot Beck.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join