It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Launches Total Media Takeover System

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Shows you what this world is coming to. Read the article, was reminded about when I visited Germany in Dec of 2002. Radio station was interrupted while traveling the Audubon. A serious crash had occurred and was a local message from city government. My Uncle explained, he had to change his car's radio when they moved there to the required technology which meant being able to be interrupted by local state and country media reports. It would even override CDs playing. I don't remember if it turned on automatically if radio was off or not. I tried researching what they called it and didn't come up with any reliable info, if anyone else could verify their system I would appreciate it.

But think about it, we are just now getting this in to place, wouldn't you want to know? I was an hour late learning about the World Trade Centers because I was teaching a class without outside media at the time, just us and the books. When classes changed we learned about it and all ran to our next classes to get to media information.

Personally I would like to know if our government wants us to know there is an imminent threat, and not necessarily on heresay.
edit on 8-2-2011 by limbomumbojumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

You mean the government doesn't already control the media????

No of Course not it is JP Morgan who controls the media.

But then I heard that Obama is terrified of the bankers!

“It’s almost like they’ve got — they’ve got a bomb strapped to them and they’ve got their hand on the trigger,” President Obama said on Thursday of the banks he’s chosen to bail out. “You don’t want them to blow up. But you’ve got to kind of talk [to] them, ease that finger off the trigger.”

SO I guess this is Obama's retaliation. Snicker.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
The Exec Order was issued in 1976 and the equipment was secretly installed on all broadcast towers. The implementation of the system was never made untill now.
Okay... but you are still overlooking the major discrepancy I was alluding to: you said President Clinton issued the Executive Order in 1976. Clinton was obviously not President in 1976.

None of the links you provided mentions Clinton, Executive Order, or 1976. More, a simple wikipedia search lists the implementation of the EBS system as early as 1963.

So what did you get wrong? And what Executive Order are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Yes I just saw this article. How long will it take for Americans to realize that this is the same textbook tyranny we have seen throughout history?

Some people just won't believe they are underwater until their last drowning breath

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And, changing the channel is not an option!

Turning off the TV is.

Originally posted by trailertrash
I can only think that you folks who say these things about Obama are not very old. There have been planned actions like this for a very long time.

I know... It's really funny to listen to all these "sky is falling" scenarios that Obama is responsible for!
It's amazing how just about EVERYTHING that happens these days can be spun to be a horrible event for freedom-loving Americans and also spun to be completely Obama's fault!
Seriously.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

The Exec Order was issued in 1976 and the equipment was secretly installed on all broadcast towers. The implementation of the system was never made untill now.
Okay... but you are still overlooking the major discrepancy I was alluding to: you said President Clinton issued the Executive Order in 1976. Clinton was obviously not President in 1976.

None of the links you provided mentions Clinton, Executive Order, or 1976. More, a simple wikipedia search lists the implementation of the EBS system as early as 1963.

So what did you get wrong? And what Executive Order are you talking about?

Sorry, my mis-type...

Exec Order was issued in 1996, not '76.

Will get Exec Order number and post.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Of course it's not Obama's fault, he is but a pawn on the Illuminati chessboard. He works for the international banksters and corporations. It is THEY that must be stopped. The pawns are merely a distraction.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato

Yes I just saw this article. How long will it take for Americans to realize that this is the same textbook tyranny we have seen throughout history?

Some people just won't believe they are underwater until their last drowning breath

Amen.

In a few of the remarks already on this post some are happy to welcome further intrusion into their lives. They seem to think when BigGov says, ""It's for your own good." that we should roll over and believe them. I don't want my President telling me every move I make each day. God gave me reason and I fully intend to use it till I die.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

In a few of the remarks already on this post some are happy to welcome further intrusion into their lives.

How on earth is this an intrusion into your life??? You buy a TV and set it up in your house to BRING into your house what's out there in the airwaves. YOU do that. How is that an intrusion?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah government worship has become a religion in this country because it's been 200 years since we've had a full revolution. We just don't recognize tyranny as other countries who have had experience with it for decades

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Of course it's not Obama's fault, he is but a pawn on the Illuminati chessboard. He works for the international banksters and corporations. It is THEY that must be stopped. The pawns are merely a distraction.

Well said.

One other thing. It is not about Democrat and Republican presidents. ALL OF THEM, of recent times, have been mere puppets of TPTB. They no more control anything important that happens than does the White House janitor.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yeah government worship has become a religion in this country because it's been 200 years since we've had a full revolution. We just don't recognize tyranny as other countries who have had experience with it for decades
Yeah man! The United States was the last free country in the world until that damn Obama came along!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is very important and, of course, acceptable.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Right.

Reminds me of two chants at anti-war rallies in the early 70's...

The Hard Hats: "America, love it or leave it!"

The demonstrators: "America, change it or screw it!"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is just one more reason to add to my ever growing list of why I do not watch television. Thankfully no one forces me to watch it I just occasionally dust it when it looks like its turning into a fire hazard. Now if my Internet gets switched off....I'd be one of the first protesters walking down the street.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me the problem in transmitting a warning to the country in case of emergency? Can you tell me how that equates to "a total media takeover"???

According to the Press Release:

The national test will help determine the reliability of the EAS system and its effectiveness in notifying the
public of emergencies and potential danger nationwide and regionally.

Can someone explain why I should be concerned? And I mean a real explanation, not a bunch of hyperbole about worshiping governments, intrusion into my life and how our freedom is in peril?

Can someone please explain in plain English?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Because that's how it starts. First it's something sensible, like taking over our TVs for broadcasts about disasters. Soon it's not only disasters but something else. And so on. Until it's nothing but government propaganda over and over...
Oh wait... mainstream media beat them to it -_-

It's taking small steps, incrementally, that are not felt. But after 5 years, it's a huge leap when compared to what it was.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Because that's how it starts.

That's how WHAT starts?

First it's something sensible, like taking over our TVs for broadcasts about disasters. Soon it's not only disasters but something else. And so on. Until it's nothing but government propaganda over and over...

And where has this happened before?

So, there is NO PROBLEM with this system being set up and tested. This is all about fear of something that hasn't happened, but you think is going to. I see. Well, that sounds like paranoia to me.
Thanks for answering though.
edit on 2/8/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Can someone explain to me the problem in transmitting a warning to the country in case of emergency? Can you tell me how that equates to "a total media takeover"???

According to the Press Release:

The national test will help determine the reliability of the EAS system and its effectiveness in notifying the
public of emergencies and potential danger nationwide and regionally.

Can someone explain why I should be concerned? And I mean a real explanation, not a bunch of hyperbole about worshiping governments, intrusion into my life and how our freedom is in peril?

Can someone please explain in plain English?

Perhaps if you would take the time to read the article, you too could be enlightened.:

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I read the article. If you can't answer why bother posting. You didn't answer about Clinton's exec order either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join