It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts about the book: The Day After Roswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
almost finished reading it here, ITS BY: Philip Corso, some army guy that says he personally worked on items retrieved by the crash
('
')

[edit on 14-7-2004 by whos_out_there]

[edit on 15-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i read this book- i believe him ! there are alot of facts and look at his military record.- it is true!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can we find a link to this book?

thanks Asala

[edit on 15-7-2004 by asala]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The wording of your post isn't exactly discussion-provoking IMO.

Haven't read ther book myself, but dug up some reviews. Most said the book was an enjoyable read, whether it be fact or fiction.

The author was seem ingly in his 80's when he wrote it. Msybe that exp[lains the many anomalies it contains - my memory ain't as good as it used to be either.

Some glaring anomalies here
www.findarticles.com...

and here
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Corso was an old guy when he wrote it. He has been criticized for a number in inaccuracies in his book, but this can very well be because of faulty memory. He was also displeased at the manner in which his co-author Birnes, I believe, rushed out the book without his approving all aspects.
While he may be overplaying the role he played (according to Stanton Friedman and others), Friedman believes it is essentially true. More important, astronaut Edgar Mitchell said this about him (see his website):

I talked to Corso, briefly, by phone several years ago. However, Hal Puthoff and other members of our team at NIDS interviewed him extensively in person. They believe he was basically honest and credible, although perhaps in error on some points of technolology. Also, it appears that his book got severely compromised in the editing and printing process, reducing its overall credibility. Basically, his testimony seems well corroborated in most respects by others of the period with somewhat similar stories.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not only have I read it (many times)...I've owned it pretty much since it came out, hehe...

Here's my summary of opinions...

1. He is telling the truth as best as he can remember it. The inaccuracies are minute, and easily explained by the fact that he's recalling things ages ago.

2. He is who he says he is, more than enough proof of that for even the most ardent skeptic, and his boss, Trudeau, is well known as an MJ-12 candidate...

3. If what we suspect about Roswell is true, he WOULD have been in the perfect position to do exactly what he claimed to do.

4. His accounts fit the folklore as we know it (or think we know it) pretty damned well.

5. It just plain "feels" right.

6. Abundant "new" information, and that's priceless

Now, there's only one issue I have with the book...

1. Like any grandpa telling his story to junior, he embellishes his own role in the saga, and kind of builds up his own importance too much...but I'll indulge the guy (he's deceased btw, if you didn't know)...

I'd HIGHLY recommend this book to ANY UFO buff....

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That's a fair enough explanation for me. H'mm yes, I've been known to improve some experiences of my own with a few embellishments, now I come to think of it - one of the few advantages of age.

As the book's out in paperback, I'll certainly order it.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have read the book and I liked it very much. I also have some books that that try to poke holes in his story. As stated before the inaccuraies are small and could be chalked up to years that passed between the book and the events. I love the part in the book that gets into how the tech was taken from the crash and was seeded into US technology.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Fantastic read,one of my all time favorites.His explainations of how ET tech were integrated into US technology through the microchip and IR nightvision were captivating,for sure.Not to mention his detailed account on the actual Roswell events and aliens surrounding it.I could not put that book down.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have this book and enjoyed reading it, although you can get bogged down in all the details. I believe that Corso is telling the truth as he lived it.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
the whole moon section, even though they never did start that project up, do you guys think it was possible to really achieve what they wanted to do up there??? ('
')

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, if you look into it, this was simply on the drawing board when Corso left, and he says as much, that he's merely speculating that they actually went through with it...

He simply points out that at the time he left, it was a key idea of the defense plan, so he ASSUMED it had gone through... Personally, I don't think there is much evidence to support that...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You may want to read up on Brad C. Sparks .

"The Day After Roswell" - A Hoax?

and

Re: Korff & Sparks - Roswell Book 'Exposed'

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I read 'The Day After Roswell' and, to be honest, I got the impression that what had actually happened was:

Col Corso had written his original military memoirs which he got the endorsements from Senator Thurmond and others for.

He was then told by his publisher that he would probably sell 3 copies, all to his family. When Corso mentioned he was involved with the foreign technology desk his publisher asked if he had heard anything about the "Roswell Crash". I suspect his reply was "What Roswell Crash," to which the publisher replied "Shame, if you had any involvement with that, that would have been a best seller."

Then the revised Corso memoirs containing all this recovered alien material nonsense appeared, endorsements were withdrawn etc. I think this book is so full of holes you could use it as a colander. We "are fighting a skirmish war with extraterrestrials", bull#! Anyone with an IQ score greater than their shoe size is smart enough to know that if we were fighting ANY kind of war with extraterrestrials we would get creamed. No contest.

It becomes obvious very quickly that Corso has a very poor understanding of physics, bending gravity around the craft with an electro-magnetic field, bull#! Fiber optic cables that are hollow could never work, not as fiber optic cables anyway, more bull#.

As for his adopted motto "Be sure you're right, then go ahead" I can only assume this relates to generating book sales, change the content so that when you tell your family and friends it will sell, it does, and if you claim you were involved with Roswell and/or alien technology, you'll be right.

I would drop this Roswell time machine nonsense in the same basket, bull#! Money making exercise, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This book is a great read and Corso was and did all he said and then some. While this book has alot of information it is nothing like listening to him talk openly about the roswell crash and all that came of it.
Like when he told of the bodies that were human found miles from the crash which were cut open and displayed like frogs from a biology lesson. This information is still highly classified to this day.
Or how time travel has been developed and how he will return again, you see he was after all one of the bodies left on display that day...

2037-1947

Oh ya they also nuked alot of cultures mostly muslim some as far back as 12000 BC

Hey I am only repeating things I have been told, funny thing is there is so much evidence for all of it... Do your own digging... I am all dirty already...
edit on 27-2-2012 by 5StarOracle because: add

top topics

join