It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Youtube UFO Cover-Up Going On

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Yes all these things are true, but why? It is clever, but not for selling whatever they are selling, if anything I would think the majority of folks would be repelled by such annoyance in advertising.

Now why was the user renanestime's video made invisible in the recent search? That happened within minutes of my post on here last night. His channel states it's unavailable also. Would he really set his channel to stealth if he wants to expose something like this? Just doesn't sit right with me at the moment.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i'm going with someone trying to go viral for promotional purposes. It would be very easy to write a spammer that could read text from a source and encode it into the same template video and set it off to constantly spam 3 diff accounts. That's most likely why they're being deleted automatically.

Personally I hope when someone does start leaking ufo information, they use a better font and soundtrack!

edit on 8-2-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
All sound like excellent explanations so far, but there are still anomalies like, 2 of the accounts were created June 2010 and sat dormant? His video and channel going invisible? The excessive spamming at a time period when UFO activity has been so promoted and viral, it kind of wreaks of trying to hide fresh postings, then making them invisible before they are found? That's what you guys are here for, to answer the tough questions. I came to the right place.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Looks like a case of spamming, there are tons of spam videos that want to re route you to websites. Websites that want you to donate money for something. In this instance that seems to be the same case rather then UFO cover up. IF yt wanted to or the ptb they would just delete videos with some lame excuse such as copyright infringement. Because i have for myself witnessed yt censor and delete videos without reason that are self made with no audio infringement either, that are legitimate and do not violate Viacom's rules of agreement.

So in this case I would not just assume that it is a cover up rather spamming with multiple accounts. Because UFO videos are still there. But I will agree that censorship and cover up does happen on yt. There is a never ending sea of disinfo on yt as well, endless hoaxing and propaganda to boot. So you really have to pick and choose what you want to watch on yt any more. There are a lot of paranoid wackos that ride the coat tails of ufology and contaminate it with ignorance as well. They usually are attention wh**** and arm chair experts because lets face it... every tom dick and hank thinks they are a "ufologist" in 2011. YT has become a cesspool

edit on 8-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by cabuki

Yes all these things are true, but why? It is clever, but not for selling whatever they are selling, if anything I would think the majority of folks would be repelled by such annoyance in advertising.

Now why was the user renanestime's video made invisible in the recent search? That happened within minutes of my post on here last night. His channel states it's unavailable also. Would he really set his channel to stealth if he wants to expose something like this? Just doesn't sit right with me at the moment.

The way they are targeting users suggest they really dont care how they promote, rather they are just trying to get their link out there by placing it on as many videos as possible. Their channel probably went down because they were flagged for spamming. Since they are scraping content from that site, The videos have a unique feel to them since the text is different. Youtube will eventually catch on and smack them with the ban stick. I give these accounts a week or so max. The titles of the videos will also help them rank in the search engines, Which will give them link juice for their google link inside the description. It really is just a hit and run tactic to gain some hits to their site, which probably has made them a few sales and allowed them to profit from these UFO vids. I dont see anything else going on other then that...Ill do some more digging, but im starting to think it may be pointless.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

All sound like excellent explanations so far, but there are still anomalies like, 2 of the accounts were created June 2010 and sat dormant? His video and channel going invisible? The excessive spamming at a time period when UFO activity has been so promoted and viral, it kind of wreaks of trying to hide fresh postings, then making them invisible before they are found? That's what you guys are here for, to answer the tough questions. I came to the right place.

The reason those accounts sat dormant is so he could probably age them. Aged accounts allow you to have more perks then newly created accounts, it also gives them more "up" time since they aren't new. A brand new account with spamming flags would be deleted instantly, while an aged account requires youtube to investigate a little further, buying them time to promote their site and try to clog the search engines while they can.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cabuki

The reason those accounts sat dormant is so he could probably age them. Aged accounts allow you to have more perks then newly created accounts, it also gives them more "up" time since they aren't new. A brand new account with spamming flags would be deleted instantly, while an aged account requires youtube to investigate a little further, buying them time to promote their site and try to clog the search engines while they can.

Well I agree with that logic, but they all have been spammed from the get go, repeatedly, the new ones especially, and they still remain. Youtube must be slacking because of the Google links? I wasn't the only one out there doing the UFO search by upload date almost daily and began flagging these videos, I even left comments in some saying, "Keep it up, we'll flag them all."
When I found the other guy's video talking about it, things clicked and I dug further. YT would just delete sensitive info or national security stuff immediately, so this tactic for them doesn't make sense, but when do they do anything that makes sense... to people like us that is?
The user that posted his exposing hasn't yet responded to any comments yet, still waiting there.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OK, new stuff... 9 hours worth of UFO uploads seem to be missing when you do "UFO" search by upload date. The spammer is still firing them out, but renanestime's video was posted about 14-15hrs ago, the search jumps from 10 hours ago to 19 hours ago. Even all the spammers uploads are gone from that time period, all UFO uploads aren't there for that time period.
I do this almost every day and I've not seen a jump like this before, especially with a spammer going wild. There are UFO uploads every few minutes, does anyone know if this is a regular glitch or not?

Edit: after I posted this, now they are all back, LMAO... I give up!
edit on 8-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Edit 2 - now renanestime's video is back in the recent search terms at 16 hours ago. HAHA what is going on with Youtube? His video has been invisible since 1am last night, now it's showing up again... maintenance glitches?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Why not search for something using a more specific header, rather than a simple keyword?

This will come up right away on a search-engine,
"mcminnville ufo youtube"
edit on 8-2-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Why not search for something using a more specific header, rather than a simple keyword?

I use only UFO as a search term because it should encompass all videos involving a UFO, which includes 95+% garbage but that term should be in any UFO upload.

Someone tell me why they are using UFO and not Justin Beiber, Kardashians, Super Bowl, ipod, iphone, xbox, call of duty, etc, etc, to maximize their advertising reach? UFO's are for such a minority of people on Youtube, it makes no sense to flood "UFO" and not those others. If I was selling popsicle sticks or broken glass, those would be the terms I tag to get the hits.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Hi,
I was adding to my post, as you wrote

Another way is, ufo+youtube.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Hi,
I was adding to my post, as you wrote

Another way is, ufo+youtube.

That does eliminate most of the spammers videos, but it's a little generic for pulling up all UFO uploads, you'd miss the titles like - ufo, ufo MN, ufo russia, ufo bright, ufo 'can't spell correct english', ufo 'another language', etc.
I just prefer to do the leg work and sort through all UFO uploads just to be sure I don't miss anything good.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
wow!!

i just googles the user name dueaccordingtoagreem and look what i found........ def something is up here...

wn.com...

watchsport.org...

www.seaflog.com...

and thats only the first three links... there is more just didn copy to here, google it for your self and the other names. must be some type of spam thing

wn.com...

video.moglik.com...

edit on 8-2-2011 by scoobyrob because: more google searches for different usernames

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

So this isn't just a Youtube spammer, it's global in scope and using video upload sites. Again, why are text videos flooding UFO search terms to sell music? Who loves music more than the teenie boppers who could care less about UFOs or aliens or conspiracies? The join dates for some of those sites appear to be the same dates as Youtube, does 'aging' your account apply to all these sites too? I doubt it to be honest. Very unusual and such a large scale spam attack at such a strange search term.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Found a software that make the process so easy
www.articletoswf.com...

It's like a spammer found a new toy

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
Found a software that make the process so easy
www.articletoswf.com...

It's like a spammer found a new toy

I should have named the thread "Spammers Going Global Using UFO Tags To Sell Music To People Who Dislike Music In Their UFO Videos"

Whoever is doing this and why isn't as strange as the subject area being used to sell this to that kind of crowd, seems ineffective to maximize your traffic using that spammer toy program.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
what is interesting tho is why youtube wont stop it or delet the account... maybe it needs to be brought to their attention?? tought they would be able to figure it out tho...

edit to add: what a waste of $150!!!
edit on 8-2-2011 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob
what is interesting tho is why youtube wont stop it or delet the account... maybe it needs to be brought to their attention?? tought they would be able to figure it out tho...

Exactly, I got some red flags about this, spammers are good at what they do but this is ridiculous and going on week 3 soon. Someone pointed out to me last night that there was another account doing this with the word Russia in it but is no longer there. So it's more than just the 4 accounts going around globally using video upload sites. Why also aren't these other less traffic ridden sites not deleting it as spam? They have allegiance to Google base links too so they are getting by their flag systems?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I believe this is truth! There is definitely something going on. GodlikeProductions site has been shut down and pretty much cleaned out! I search every day for sightings from the previous day, and 10 days to a week ago, suddenly - NOTHING! Everything seemed to stop. Further, as trivial as this may seem, on my FB page, while attempting to post about a sighting, last Tuesday (1 wk ago today) every time I typed the word "sighting" it would change to "seeking" - I tried it over and over and the same thing would happen. Then, I did one of those stupid, top friend type applications, and two "friends", number 9 and number 17 came up "anonymous" and no photo appeared in the corresponding spaces when the collage was created. This is very odd considering I have over 350 friends, and the data is collected from folks who visit your page the most. The majority of my FB friends are FB friends because I post what I find each day. Has anyone else had problems with FB? I don't think this is just YouTube - I believe it is across the entire net!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It does seem odd. People do name individual pages on their websites with high profile keywords to get high up on search engines, that sort of makes sense, although it may be frowned upon. As for search engines themselves I often use I-x quick, it's very useful and will highlight a specific term. Saves a lot of scrolling, especially in pdf files.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join