It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TODAY, FEB 7, 2011 - Clinton's Short Notice All Hands Meeting of the 270 Ambassadors and Consulars

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Fall of Babylon
18:1 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was made bright with his glory. 2 And he called out with a mighty voice,

“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great!
She has become a dwelling place for demons,
a haunt for every unclean spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.
3 For all nations have drunk [1]
the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality,
and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her,
and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living.”

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,

“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;
5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities.
6 Pay her back as she herself has paid back others,
and repay her double for her deeds;
mix a double portion for her in the cup she mixed.
7 As she glorified herself and lived in luxury,
so give her a like measure of torment and mourning,
since in her heart she says,
‘I sit as a queen,
I am no widow,
and mourning I shall never see.’
8 For this reason her plagues will come in a single day,
death and mourning and famine,
and she will be burned up with fire;
for mighty is the Lord God who has judged her.”

9 And the kings of the earth, who committed sexual immorality and lived in luxury with her, will weep and wail over her when they see the smoke of her burning. 10 They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say,

“Alas! Alas! You great city,
you mighty city, Babylon!
For in a single hour your judgment has come.”

11 And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo anymore, 12 cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble, 13 cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human souls. [2]

14 “The fruit for which your soul longed
has gone from you,
and all your delicacies and your splendors
are lost to you,
never to be found again!”

15 The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud,

16 “Alas, alas, for the great city
that was clothed in fine linen,
in purple and scarlet,
adorned with gold,
with jewels, and with pearls!
17 For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste.”

And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off 18 and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning,

“What city was like the great city?”

19 And they threw dust on their heads as they wept and mourned, crying out,

“Alas, alas, for the great city
where all who had ships at sea
grew rich by her wealth!
For in a single hour she has been laid waste.
20 Rejoice over her, O heaven,
and you saints and apostles and prophets,
for God has given judgment for you against her!”

21 Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying,

“So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence,
and will be found no more;
22 and the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters,
will be heard in you no more,
and a craftsman of any craft
will be found in you no more,
and the sound of the mill
23 and the light of a lamp
will shine in you no more,
and the voice of bridegroom and bride
for your merchants were the great ones of the earth,
and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints,
and of all who have been slain on earth.”

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
FWIW:

I had a dream on January 26th 2011.

----
I don't remember much of the detail but I was talking to Hillary Clinton and was rattling off to her a whole bunch of stuff that they were keeping secret and protecting, exposing it to her. She said nothing and wouldn't deny any of it. I think we were walking somewhere when I was talking to her.

I was rattling off things like CIA drug running, etc., and telling her that this stuff is coming out into the open soon.
------

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Interesting that you raise the point of the "disappearance" of those tampons and how they'd be needed in underground bunkers. It's not the tampon part that got me thinking but the underground bunker reference.

Seems to me that many people are of the opinion that bunkers have been prepared and perhaps just need stocking (or restocking). Frankly that's not an unreasonable point of view.

Okay, forgive my long-windedness, but the point I'm making is that if you have bunkers, one thing you have to be sure of is air quality. Without good air, all the other stuff is useless, after all. So, modern bunker-builders would want to have some way of monitoring air quality under all circumstances, including possible nuclear, chemical or biological attack of a region.

Well it turns out that back on Dec 28, 2010, Dept of Homeland Security put out an RFI (Request for Information) for interested, qualified vendors who could supply:

Commercial-Off-The-Shelf stationary point chemical detection equipment that can be integrated into an underground transit system environment. The equipment identified by potential sources may be Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products or mature emerging technologies/prototypes. The chemical detection equipment identified must have the potential to be incorporated into an underground transit system infrastructure and Ethernet based network.

The source for the above is the FBO.gov website.

Among other things, the desired capability of this equipment includes (as the first item listed):

Desired Capability:

• Rapid, autonomous detection and identification of multiple targets for a broad range of toxic industrial chemicals (TIC's) and/or chemical warfare agents (CWA's).

There are other capabilties also listed but that one is pretty telling.

Granted, it could be for possible future integegration into public transport systems, but all we know for now is that it's required for an "underground transit system environment".

How'd I find this RFI? The title doesn't give away anything. Well, I like to snoop govt websites so I knew what keywords to search.
But whatever... I'd be interested in the thoughts of other members. Could this RFI be connected in any way to what's going on now (meaning Clinton and the thread's main subject)?

Mike

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

For the most part, I've been pretty blase about this whole thing with a possible massive event happening that could explain some weird occurrences, but after your post, I'm getting little skiddish.

I thought nothing of the MREs. The tampon thing made me wonder some more (this is very weird). You pointing out that they were looking for air quality measurement equipment has thrown me over the edge. I still am on the fences but leaning heavily on the side of "Holy crap! What is going on?!"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

"Just throwing my two cents in here, and this may have been mentioned, but I have a hunch this meeting concerns Wikileaks somehow. Possibly a "new" way of communicating through cables that will not be intercepted by wannabe whistle-blowers. "

I think it is as simple as the wire leaks and cutting aid. When ever something rare like this occurs we always jump on it and claim extreme conspiracy possabilities like global disasters and the NWO or PTB taking over, when in reality it is just a meeting dealing with the matter at hand with much smaller possible additional conspiracies. They may take this time while addressing a new way of communicating and possible aid cuts, to pass on vital information to a few.

I remember not to long ago during W Bush's presidency he got pretty pissy about information being leaked (not the CIA thing)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, I have a friend who just said watch out they're getting ready to ban weapons ... say what? Yeah, gun control is coming.

That was before I surfed over to the dept of state website to find a link
www.state.gov...
edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Bump for this intriguing tidbit of information.....

They don't just bring all embassy staff in from around the world for nothing...

Whats going on???

Well actually Tony Blair did something similar in the UK when he summoned all the Foreign Embassy heads back to London....on the eve (not literally eve but perhaps days before) of the Iraq invasion.

Everyone thought that Blair was going to announce or talk about the invasion.......

Instead it turn out that Blair had called them altogether at the meeting to talk about administrative reforms happening in the Foreign Office departments !

So yes this Clinton meeting may be because something major is going on........but it could also be something more mundane, like Blair's meeting.

My guess is that it probably won't be anything that has great global significance for the world's population, but it could be to do with getting Embassy staff prepared in dealing with any Wikileaks disclosure which might impact them......or it could be a terrorism status update , or the Impact the Egyptian crisis might have.......who knows........equally though I wouldn't panic........I am fairly confident that Clinton is not about to announce an imminent comet impact, or a 24 hour pole shift as some on this board have speculated.

edit on 8-2-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I believe that a recall of ambassadors of this magnitude is unprecedented.I can't remember ever hearing of all the ambassadors being recalled at the same time before in our history.This is really odd and should raise red flags.I don't buy the link about ambassidorial economics.There is much more here than meets the eye.Why have them all recalled to tell them something that could be covered in a phone call by a low level state department official.It doesn't ring true.Then the media blackout on it........somethings fishy here.No comments by the hillary and obama haters or the right wing media This is much more than any of us think it is.Check this link here are some thoughts on what it might be modernsurvivalblog.com... There is this link on that site to the state department www.state.gov... I suggest we all take a really close look at this.I don't buy this explaination,why not deliver this info by courrier or let them get it off the net?
edit on 2/7/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

Well since WIkileaks perhaps Clinton has some information to impart that whilst not globally important, is something she would rather keep In house as opposed to plastered all over the internet

An imminent global catastrophe.....I some how doubt it.......besides if it was THAT urgent it wouldn't be Clinton fronting the meeting......It would be the big cheese himself.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I noticed a couple others mentioning coup d'etat, so I'll throw in my comments.

It is something very possible in the US, depending upon how things really work at the top.

What I mean by that is that Obama may not actually be the highest recognized authority, and he would know it too. Just as in the old Soviet Union, there was an "official" public pecking order, and then there was the real thing. Their "President", or Premier looked like he was on top, but in fact it was the General Secretary of the Communist Party.

In the US, this "real" authority has been speculated upon as well, with the usual "top" actually being the Secretary of State, although this is said to shift around (keeping us on our toes).

Anyway, regardless of real power structures, it is generally agreed that there is only one "separate" power structure that remains intact, and potent enough to threaten a real coup, and that is the US Navy.

Long a bastion of Masonic power, the Navy even maintains it's own intelligence service, as most know.

Over the years, there have been occasional rumors of coup attempts, with the most recent being the supposed attempt by Admiral Jeremy Boorda, ostensibly against Clinton, in 1996. After Clinton was found to have directly handed over top secret info to the Chinese (the way the story goes), Boorda got 24 other admirals, and generals to back his plan to arrest Clinton, based on the UMC (Uniform Military Code), which certainly applies to the Commander in Chief.

While I don't necessarily buy the story (Boorda was actually the patsy I think), he was by all appearances "suicided" in May that year, under circumstances every bit as suspicious as Vince Foster's termination.

Whatever is going on, I would guess that the Clintons have "been there, done that". But if this meeting was called because of something like a coup, in progress, suspected, etc., then we probably won't have to wait too long before something else manifests.

JR

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by coastalite
[more

You would think this would be huge news!

Bilderberg meeting

bokomaru.wordpress.com...

get the picture...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone im a new member as far as having an account goes, but i have been reading ATS for about 4 years now. Anywho i thought it was strange that Fox news finally mentioned something about this asteroid hanging out somewhere close to earth's orbi.t Whether or not its 1 mile away or 3 million miles away, I just thought it odd sense there have been post about it on numerous sights the last week or so. So my question is could this be linked to this Hillary meeting, FEMA, Emergency Broadcast? Sorry if this is off topic or the wrong forum i still new to actually being a member.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
reply to post by coastalite
[more

You would think this would be huge news!

Bilderberg meeting

bokomaru.wordpress.com...

get the picture...

What does the 2009 attendee list have to do with this?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard

Another post on another thread theorized that the phrase "pole shift" could be code for something else. I think yes it could be.

That would be me. I think "pole shift" indicates a power shift. The obvious grid system is a power structure carried by lines attached to poles. So "pole shift" would be the perfect metaphor to represent a change in structure of powers.

For many years there has been plans for a "continuity of government" in the event of emergency. Many exercises have been staged to familiarize those involved with this program as to how they are to carry out their duties. Already some have started threads about the "civilian" implementation.

Why would this be needed?

"...in that day, the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth...and they shall be gathered together as prisoners are gathered in the pit and shall be shut up in the prison (and after many days they shall be visited)" Isaiah 24:21-22

We are also informed that they will call on the rocks and mountains to hide them; that's in Revelation.

So, when they go to their underground bunkers to hide from the chaos and fall-out, they will need to leave operatives in place so things appear to be "running as usual" while they make their escape.

There is also another meaning of the pole which refers to the oBELisks, which represent the Ashera Pole. These obelisks are found in strategic locations all over the planet. This is the mark representing Ba'al's territory and authority. This world is under Ba'al rule.(pronounced as "bail", "bell" and sometimes "ball") "Ba'al" means "Master, Lord, Owner". This is the one they all answer to. Almost everyone in this country is pledged in body, soul, and labor to Ba'al under the fine print in all contracts termed as "bailment".

This representation of this "pole" or oBELisk will also undergo a power shift as Babylon truly crumbles and falls. The very word "Babylon" is also a derivative of the etymological construct of the word Ba'al.

ETA:
Some other strange associations with the word "Baal"...

For those interested in pursuing further info...the Baal Shem, the founder of Hasidic Judaism was believed to come from the Davidic line.

Also the Baal Shem of London was reputed to be a Kabbalist, had a reputation of miracles and magic powers and ran a secret occult group.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by copernicus2012
Hello everyone im a new member as far as having an account goes, but i have been reading ATS for about 4 years now. Anywho i thought it was strange that Fox news finally mentioned something about this asteroid hanging out somewhere close to earth's orbi.t Whether or not its 1 mile away or 3 million miles away, I just thought it odd sense there have been post about it on numerous sights the last week or so. So my question is could this be linked to this Hillary meeting, FEMA, Emergency Broadcast? Sorry if this is off topic or the wrong forum i still new to actually being a member.

Now who's been watching Deep Impact!

But seriously......I very much doubt the meeting is about an imminent asteroid impact!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

I was stating a point, pick your Bilderberg meeting, it really doesn't matter. Point is this meeting takes place every year to a near "media blackout". If they don't want you to know about a meeting then they have the connections to make sure "their" media doesn't cover it. And yes this should be HUGE news and yet much like Bilderberg of the past - we hear almost nothing aside from the very inquisitive alternative media.

Good works are done in the light, Dark works are done behind closed doors...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wasn't implying it was coming for us i was just saying with all this other hoopla going on with the pole shift talk i found it interesting since ATS and multiple other sites have been talking about it for the last week that a major network just happen to mention it today. Im not one of those doomsdayers but i found it interesting that it took that long...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Perhaps i should stick to Facebook its a lot less hassle to poke someone

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by copernicus2012
Perhaps i should stick to Facebook its a lot less hassle to poke someone

Don't you dare. Stay the course. If you speak your mind expect someone to challenge your position. We can all learn a lot from each other this way, and sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. You are in good company.

Sorry to derail.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think it's really a lot simpler than people are making it out to be. There's currently a fair bit of debate going on about reducing the amount of US foreign aid by up to $10B. How appropriate is it then that the title of the meeting is the QDDR? Looks to me like it's a CYA for all those out in the field on how to deal with the blow back from reducing the flow of foreign aid.

US Department of State

The First Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR): Leading Through Civilian Power

bold emphasis is mine

The QDDR provides a blueprint for elevating American "civilian power" to better advance our national interests and to be a better partner to the U.S. military. Leading through civilian power means directing and coordinating the resources of all America's civilian agencies to prevent and resolve conflicts; help countries lift themselves out of poverty into prosperous, stable, and democratic states; and build global coalitions to address global problems.

Will Obama’s FY2012 Budget Lead to a Development-Lover’s Quarrel?

The foreign affairs budget is all but guaranteed to shrink in FY2012. No surprise given the federal fiscal cuts across the board. House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers (R-KY) proposed capping FY2011 foreign affairs spending at $46.95 billion, roughly $10 billion less than FY2011 president’s request. We can expect similar proposals for FY2012, if not worse.

I know it's not as exciting as a comet wreaking havoc, the internet kill switch, the New Madrid Fault, underground bunkers, Yellowstone, FEMA camps, etc., etc., adnausium, but that's my take on it all.

edit on 2/8/11 by surfinguru because: bolding

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

And also in response to the post by switching yard...

For the hell of it, I went to Google and typed in "tampon shortage". To my amazement... there are news articles ALSO from January of 2010 about them from ALSO OB. Is it any surprise that they gave the same reason then, as they are now?!?!?

I just find this highly peculiar.

Tampons Shortage - January 2010 - ABC News

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join