It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TODAY, FEB 7, 2011 - Clinton's Short Notice All Hands Meeting of the 270 Ambassadors and Consulars

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So...still no news about this meeting in the biggest non-news news thread ever?

Not a word, eh?

Is this meeting even really taking place?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It looks like its starting to hit the msm.

Huffington Post - Ambassador meeting at State Department

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is convening an unprecedented mass meeting of U.S. ambassadors.

The top envoys from nearly all of America's 260 embassies, consulates and other posts in more than 180 countries will be gathering at the State Department beginning on Monday. Officials say it's the first such global conference.

The gathering comes at a time of crisis in Egypt that could reshape dynamics in the Middle East, fallout from leaked diplomatic documents and congressional calls for sweeping cuts in foreign aid.

Although the meeting has been called to discuss U.S. foreign policy priorities for 2011, officials say Clinton plans to meet personally with ambassadors from front-line states to hear about developments on the ground. Officials also expect that specific concerns about the WikiLeaks revelations will be raised.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

That is very odd. It also shows how short a memory most of us have! What if it is just a cruel marketing gimmick???

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have heard a rumor that each of the Ambassadors and Consulars while attending will be receiving a highly sophisticated communication device. This device will transmit without connection to the power grid but the effective broadcast range is however limited. The device can be seen here:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
I have heard a rumor that each of the Ambassadors and Consulars while attending will be receiving a highly sophisticated communication device. This device will transmit without connection to the power grid but the effective broadcast range is however limited. The device can be seen here:

I read that, but also noticed in case of catastrophic failure of that device (As it has been know to be vulnerable to hacking, they have gone back to older technology in the hopes that they will be able to encrypt meeting data for EYES ONLY information

www.fast-autos.net...
edit on 8-2-2011 by lesisgod because: Link messed up....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lesisgod

That only works with people who have glass eyes

Ambassadors have implanted glass eyes

The things they are doing these days to keep information tight eh

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm Sorry, I just do not believe that Clinton called an Emergency meeting for an UNPRECEDENTED MASS MEETING of Ambassadors from all the world to discuss - U.S. foreign policy priorities for 2011. No, They would have a planned event with that regardless of what is happening in Egypt and WikiLeaks is older news. This is a smoke screen folks! IMHO.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That's from January 31, when they first announced it. There was a thread, and I believe the original report was on Fox. Nary a word since. I really am beginning to think it never happened.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Since the meeting is today, the original thread deserves new life. www.abovetopsecret.com...

What hits me as very strange is there has not been a peep by anyone on the Right, politicians or pundits about this and they usually will find a way to call any trip by Obama overseas a scandalous waste (remember the India trip or the trip by Michelle Obama to Spain?). Here we have 250+ ambassadors and presumably their key staff ALL flying back to DC on short notice and not a peep about waste? Not a peep about poor, short term planning driving up meeting costs, whatever? This is a big red flag for me because it says even the Right does not want to draw attention to this. Not a peep from FOX. Nothing from Limbaugh or Palin. What could be so big even they'd pass up an opportunity to make political hay. Heck, this is a chance to scewer BOTH Obama and Clinton in one fell swoop and they are not taking shots??!! Keep an eye on the movements of the rich and powerful these next few weeks.

Do you remember when Wikileaks leaked all those cables? As a result of the leaked documents, the United States can no longer function without some serious changes. Now, secrecy will be upheld. Once your world counterparts learn how you do business, you have to change the tactics you use to obtain information.

Everyone who hates this can pound sand.

edit on 8-2-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

If that's the case, there will be even more outrage on the part of both the people and the fourth estate. Clearly the people have decided that more transparency, not less, is needed. This would be a bonehead move on their parts.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Do you expect them to take a bus? Waste, just like the deficit. We have a 12 trillion dollar deficit and yes Obama has contributed to it, 2 trillion of it. The rest of the waste goes to the big W Bush. W for waste!!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
I'm Sorry, I just do not believe that Clinton called an Emergency meeting for an UNPRECEDENTED MASS MEETING of Ambassadors from all the world to discuss - U.S. foreign policy priorities for 2011. No, They would have a planned event with that regardless of what is happening in Egypt and WikiLeaks is older news. This is a smoke screen folks! IMHO.

Why not?...... Tony Blair did it, right before the Iraq invasion........to talk about the world shattering implications of...............Admin reforms amongst the Foreign Office departments!

edit on 8-2-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Right on, I think it is definitely a smokescreen and Hilary wants to meet with these people in private one-on-one behind closed doors to let them know that some kind of # is going to hit the fan soon and what to do about it.

"Unprecedented" is what they called the EXCOM meetings in the JFK/RFK White House that turned out to be pretty near all out nuke war with the Soviets over their planting nuke armed offensive missiles with launchers in Cuba. JFK had the cahones to call their bluff and he went on TV to tell the public we are blockading the Soviets out of Cuba and if they try to run the blockade there will be all out nuke war. What happened secretly is that JFK made a deal with the Soviets that he would pull our tactical nuke sites out of short range locations where we could strike Soviet Russia on extremely short notice, so it was a give and take. But he did have the "man up" to publicly play chicken with them and the whole thing came perilously close to nuke annihilation of the planet

This "unprecedented" meeting Hilary and of course OBAMA have called the ambassadors in for is very reminiscent of the Cuban Missile Crisis in my book.
edit on 8-2-2011 by switching yard because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The information is out there and even posted in other threads

Meeting was held last week - Known as: Global Chiefs of Mission Conference at the Department of State

Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) was launched last week at the Global Cheifs of Misson Conference

Google wikipedia "Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review " for instant background information

Check out the USAID website, check state department website or try here

www.abovetopsecret.com... to grab revelent links and get click happy once inside the government websites for more reading ... inform yourselves lolol

OR carry on and continue ignorance is bliss fest nonesense

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Anyone see Egypt as a test for what happens when TPTB take down the internet??? I sure do... and it looks like the same will be happening elsewere too.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Are you one of Them? We know They (You) lurk here? Thanks for calming my concern again (yeah right). Funny you know - you joined ATS just a short while ago, know how to use just about every feature and provide data to "debunk" -- hmmmm

I will skip my second thought.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Just heard that the Suez canal workers have gone on strike..and that Hamas are going to do more attacks on Israel after doing the Gas station the other day..could be the start of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think Hillary is just arranging a giant orgy to get back at Bill.

JK

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't have time right now to completely read through this thread. If this has already been posted, I apologize. This topic was discussed a few days ago at another site. I had found the following (linked at a different site than the one on which the topic was being discussed):

Update, found this link from the U.S. Department of State website ‘Notice to the Press’ on February 1. This meeting was ‘officially’ about something named QDDR.

www.state.gov...

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton convened the first ever Global Chiefs of Mission Conference. This will be the first time U.S. Ambassadors will gather from around the world simultaneously. A principal aim of the conference will be to prepare for the implementation of the recommendations in the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR)

“The QDDR provides a blueprint for ELEVATING AMERICAN “CIVILIAN POWER” TO BETTER ADVANCE OUR NATIONAL INTERESTS AND TO BE A BETTER PARTNER TO THE U.S. MILITARY.”

Some of the objectives of the QDDR

* Creating an Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy and the Environment
* Establishing a new Bureau for Energy Resources
* Creating an Under Secretary for Civilian Security
* Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security Affairs
* Establish a Bureau for Counterterrorism
* Establishing a Coordinator for Cyber Issues

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

You missed the whole point some of us have been making which is that we do not buy the official line that this is mundane business as usual and to learn more just go to the state dept website.

As some of us have made clear, we believe the official story is a cover story for what is really going down. We are speculating as to what that might be.

This is a conspiracy website. Go poke around "to learn more" on the state dept website if that's your depth, but don't expect everyone to just give up speculating and probing for what is real. Some of us have been around long enough to know that what the gov puts out there in public access and the press is not necessarily the whole story. We're not that gullible.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join