It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TODAY, FEB 7, 2011 - Clinton's Short Notice All Hands Meeting of the 270 Ambassadors and Consulars

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Go To Meeting declined service, the credit card was declined -- what is Clinton to do...? why not hire private jets to collect all the dipolmats and fly them to Washington for Lunch. sounds normal to me.....~!
Ok, now down to business -- Why would you call a major game change locker room call....???
remember a few years ago - they made all the embassy's exchange US$ for Local Currency,,,, >?
that was about 2 years ago - and they wanted 24 months of local reserves - this might be a unwinding..?
Iran is still on the Elites Hit List..... but have you noticed the rhetoric is all but gone.....?
Russia and China are teaming up behind the scenes to elimenate purchasing American anything.
The China Product Watch remains unchanged 24 out of 24 available products made in slave land China.
(these products are common everyday items Non-Consumable, Non-Perishable)

On the Economy - as long as you continue to see improvement frm TECHNOLOGY SECTOR, we are
coming out of this crap, Albiet slower than anyone can imagine. we need now, but options require you
to use borrowed money to meet that meager increase in demand. causing more money to come into
existance - with all that cash floating around a few years ago -- people did the unthinkable 00hhh Noooo~~!
they paid off their debts - and then lost their jobs..... because they did so.....
you see no money is created unless it is borrowed then it comes into existance and can be used as
legal tender for all debts except to IRS (a non-government for profit enterprise you thought was legit)
So go out there and borrow - borrow - borrow .... lets get the economy going again... just dont go crazy
with the spending.... if you exceed 40% of gross income -- your in trouble. so dont do it....
but if you are one of those who sold a home and paid off Debt .... your guilty of causing this nightmare.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What really bothers me about this is that apparently all US embassies -- or at least the main ones -- have specialized, secure rooms for sending and receiving sensitive information. You know, the classic "guarded room in the basement" sort of thing. Ambassadors are used to sending highly-sensitive information and receiving info/instructions in this way; so we have to wonder what is so important and so secret that it can't even be communicated through the usual, very secure channels.

Whatever Secretary Clinton wants to tell all these ambassadors has to be so big and so vitally important that it can't even be entrusted to any form of electronic transmission or even a diplomatic bag. It's face-to-face only.

I have never heard of such a mass meeting of ambassadors happening before, certainly not in modern times with all the above-metioned secure methods of transmitting info that the US has at its disposal. The fact that almost no-one in the MSM or opposing factions is saying a thing (in any detail) about it also is very disturbing.

And yes, it's scary. Especially because I doubt there's any way we'll find out very much. Put it this way, not even the best hackers in the world can access data that never gets transmitted.

Mike

edit on 8/2/11 by JustMike because: Minor correction to hopefully improve clarity.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

This might simply be a meeting to set homogeneous policy. To make certain everyone "gets it" especially in light of the middle-east fiasco. The most important part of this affair is not so much that they're all coming home but if they all go back to their posts. If there is something big, a known disaster or disclosure in the offing, this might be the OK to stand down. And so will they all go back and how can we know?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
On the Economy - as long as you continue to see improvement frm TECHNOLOGY SECTOR, we are
coming out of this crap, Albiet slower than anyone can imagine.

Not a very good market indicator at all. No, we're not coming out of it. Your logic = Flawed.

we need now, but options require you
to use borrowed money to meet that meager increase in demand. causing more money to come into
existance - with all that cash floating around a few years ago -- people did the unthinkable 00hhh Noooo~~!
they paid off their debts - and then lost their jobs..... because they did so.....

Flawed.

you see no money is created unless it is borrowed then it comes into existance and can be used as
legal tender for all debts except to IRS (a non-government for profit enterprise you thought was legit)
So go out there and borrow - borrow - borrow .... lets get the economy going again... just dont go crazy
with the spending.... if you exceed 40% of gross income -- your in trouble. so dont do it....
but if you are one of those who sold a home and paid off Debt .... your guilty of causing this nightmare.

Still Flawed. Too sleepy & early to formulate a "why" for you. With a post like that, I see it would prolly fall on deaf ears anyway. Not insulting, just stating facts.

Pz.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Intrigueing, and my opinion is based not on what may be said by Clinton to those who attend, but by how they react to whetever she says.

If youve got bad news its best to give it face to face so you can support the different reactions from the recipients.

There have been other examples through history of foreign personel being called back, usually based on a declaration of war so maybe its Iran time and this is to prepare the diplomats for the backlash.

Who knows?, but its as good a reason as any.

Respects
edit on 8-2-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
There have been other examples through history of foreign personnel being called back, usually based on a declaration of war so maybe its Iran time and this is to prepare the diplomats for the backlash.

and since when has the US needed a declaration
of war to wage one ??? Not since WW2 !!!
Me thinks this logic is flawed

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't think that the government can trust the security of it's own international communication system. Due largely in part to the wikileaks cables being exposed as often as they are. So as a result, there needs to be some face time among the ambassadors so everyone can regroup.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by captiva
There have been other examples through history of foreign personnel being called back, usually based on a declaration of war so maybe its Iran time and this is to prepare the diplomats for the backlash.

and since when has the US needed a declaration
of war to wage one ??? Not since WW2 !!!
Me thinks this logic is flawed

Im not saying they need a declaration of war to wage one nowadays. Im saying they would still let their foreign diplomats know to expect a backlash, especially where Iran is concerned. Thats not flawed, thats my opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Everyone's throwing in theories so here's another.....Julian Assange has his Extradition hearing this week, if he looses he will drop the big one, "The Insurance Policy". Just thought I'd add another to the list............
Honestly though calling back all key diplomatic staff.........it definitely isn't anything minor....I'll air on the side of Major!

"The exits are here, here and here, please assume your position".

I jumped to the end of the thread (after having the Assange theory)I'm now going to read the rest.

edit on 8-2-2011 by DreamerOracle because: errors

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's easier to manipulate people in the flesh rather than just the echo of the flesh as in email/teleconferencing. Not saying Hillary Clinton wants to manipulate diplomats for something special, just the usual trying to impress people, having them associate intangible power with a tangible person, getting them on your side, consolidating power.
edit on 8/2/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Wikileaks is a valuable way of TPTB letting the public know 'secrets' they want leaked (like 'everyone hates Iran'), whether Wikileaks is a party to their usefulness or not. Perhaps this wasn't the case in the first instance, but how can Assange be certain that anything they hack now hasn't been planted their for them to find?

I'd say the circumstances of this meeting certainly represent TPTB's fears of a 'Wikileak'. It's probably a stopgap to cover a range of sensitive topics until new ways to communicate are secure (doubtful, so expect the diplomats to toll up a lot of air mile for some time. Thus, the main thing we can learn from this meeting is that anything we get from Wikileaks henceforth can't be all that sensitive.

Edit to add: Apart from Assange's insurance policy, which he must have acquired before the first leak.

edit on 8-2-2011 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

I still don't get your point because you clearly do not understand mine. Nothing in my posts suggests I think the real powers are not aligned together, nor do I say any where that either political party is much different from the other. Nor do I say those in political power are necessarily the real power brokers (they are not in my opinion). You are reading words that are not there.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Hmm interesting ,

I think the best way to get anything out of assange and wikileaks is to pretend to be the CIA and take him hostage so that he can release the insurance file to the world !
For all of us who cant be bothered to wait , why not some ats members portray the CIA and take him hostage tell him your going to torture him just to get the release of the insurance file

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I get that, always have. The FOX boys get their orders from Murdoch, who is a globalist first (owns a major share in an Arab network too). None of that is the point here to me. I am still wanting to understand exactly WHAT is actively in play that keeps them muzzled right now. I tried to make clear in an earlier post the right question is not "WHY" the Right is not taking the opportunity to pounce, but rather "WHAT" exactly is occuring or will occur that in this case they are not pouncing. I know much of the attacks are farcical and for consumption of a gullible population (Limbaugh and Elton John are good friends, as are Soros and Murdoch, as you noted).

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Since the meeting is today, the original thread deserves new life. www.abovetopsecret.com...

What hits me as very strange is there has not been a peep by anyone on the Right, politicians or pundits about this and they usually will find a way to call any trip by Obama overseas a scandalous waste (remember the India trip or the trip by Michelle Obama to Spain?). Here we have 250+ ambassadors and presumably their key staff ALL flying back to DC on short notice and not a peep about waste? Not a peep about poor, short term planning driving up meeting costs, whatever? This is a big red flag for me because it says even the Right does not want to draw attention to this. Not a peep from FOX. Nothing from Limbaugh or Palin. What could be so big even they'd pass up an opportunity to make political hay. Heck, this is a chance to scewer BOTH Obama and Clinton in one fell swoop and they are not taking shots??!! Keep an eye on the movements of the rich and powerful these next few weeks.
edit on 7-2-2011 by pajoly because: typo

edit on 7-2-2011 by pajoly because: added emphasis

edit on 7-2-2011 by pajoly because: typo

Letting all pertinent foreign dignitaries know that the US is about to go in and secure the Egypt Israeli pipeline if Egyptian security forces cannot do the job, I would think.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

My own gut agrees with many who are theorizing on the dollar collapse:

1. The meeting is called DIRECTLY after the Chinese state visit to DC.
2. The first trip Clinto makes after Obama tells her to call in all the ambassadors is to Munich, where she meets in private at least with the UK PM, the Russian Foriegn Minister and the German Foreign Minister.
3. At the same time, the Canadian PM makes an unscheduled quick trip to DC to meet with the Pres.
4. Reviewing the State department schedules, top under secretaries are meeting with foreign ambassadors in wall to wall meetings, like uber Undersec William Burns (here is a look at his Feb 5 schedule):

UNDER SECRETARY FOR POLITICAL AFFAIRS WILLIAM BURNS

9:15 a.m. Under Secretary Burns meets with Ambassador to Russia John Beyrle, at the Department of State.
(CLOSED PRESS COVERAGE)

11:15 a.m. Under Secretary Burns meets with Ambassador to Oman Richard Schmierer, at the Department of State.
(CLOSED PRESS COVERAGE)

12:00 p.m. Under Secretary Burns meets with Ambassador to Azerbaijan Matthew Bryza, at the Department of State.
(CLOSED PRESS COVERAGE)

1:00 p.m. Under Secretary Burns meets with Ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire Philip Carter, at the Department of State.
(CLOSED PRESS COVERAGE)

2:10 p.m. Under Secretary Burns participates in President Obama’s meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, at the White House.
(MEDIA DETERMINED BY WHITE HOUSE)

PM Under Secretary Burns attends a reception for the Global Chiefs of Mission Conference, at the White House.
(MEDIA DETERMINED BY WHITE HOUSE)

5. Then Clinton comes home to address the entire ambassador corps on Feb 9 (and meets in person with key groiups).

All this just has a "getting our ducks in a row" feel and the only global thing that makes sense to me considering it started with the China meeting is the dollar.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
coming out of this crap, Albiet slower than anyone can imagine.

Not a very good market indicator at all. No, we're not coming out of it. Your logic = Flawed.

we need now, but options require you

Flawed.

Still Flawed. Too sleepy & early to formulate a "why" for you. With a post like that, I see it would prolly fall on deaf ears anyway. Not insulting, just stating facts.

Pz.

Actually he is correct on some points, the money being created/borrowed. Unfortunately, borrowing money at a debt only inreases debt - there is not enough money in all the world to pay off all the debts, so bankrupsy is a given.
edit on 8-2-2011 by kcoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
If there hasn't been a peep from anyone then how did you know about this?
-second line.

...allow me to re-phrase, "there has not been a CRITICAL peep"... I would have thought when I mentioned there not being any peep from the Right bashing Obama and Clinton for the meeting that the meaning of that was self-explanatory.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I really dont know why everyone is worked up and scared. You should be worked up and scared if everything is to remain the same as it is now.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've been reading this thread and just like everyone else, I've been trying to decide what to think of all this. I've been a news junkie for decades and I can't recall any other instance of this happening.

The QDDR info on the state dept site could be just a smoke screen to give a cover reason for why they're meeting.

I've also been reading the pole shift threads, but I'm not convinced the incoming comet is going to have any dangerous affect on Earth, nor am I convinced that we're in for a massive Earth crust displacement that could cause another biblical worldwide flood event or whatever extinction event the pole shifters are so afraid of, but of course I could be wrong, I'm not a scientist.

But when you look at the following events, it seems like some kind of big thing (whatever it is) might be going on behind-the-scenes...

all ambassadors flown into D.C. for unprecedented meeting --- press blackout in effect

FEMA taking bids on millions of MREs

secret "national security" payload launched from Vandenberg A.F.B.

o.b. tampons disappeared off store shelves --- manufacturer Johnson & Johnson have no comment
(yes, these would be a necessity in large underground FEMA bunkers) see link commonhealth.wbur.org...

top U.S. diplomat envoy to China resigns

widespread talk about worldwide food prices going way up

revolution in Egypt and possibly several more copycat muslim countries in region

FEMA announces yesterday that they're going to start testing the presidential address feature of the emergency broadcast system (why? why now?)

Mass animal die offs that the 'authorities' explain away with goofy B.S. like "it was only New Year's Eve fireworks that scared them all to death, that's all" --- yeah, total B.S. cover stories about these animal die offs

---------------------------

While I'm not sold on the comet Elenin disaster theories or the pole shift thing, I do think that they're gearing up for something big and they seem to be readying the emergency underground shelters.

If it's about the crash of the dollar, I don't think they would have this much of a hunker down in shelters thing going on. Same thing with UFO disclosure. But I could see them readying underground bunkers for the possibility of all out nuclear war or if they think the Yellowstone caldera is about to blow, something like that. The animal die offs I think could very well be linked to all this hush-hush activity.

We need to continue to gather the suspicious news events into this thread and maybe they will all add up to something soon.

Oh, and another thing: all you historians --- remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? All the excom (top U.S. leaders) meeting secretly at the White House and the press knew something was up but press was muzzled until JFK came on TV and explained the whole deal.
edit on 8-2-2011 by switching yard because: edit to add

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join