It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

No can do, as long as the freedom fighters keep protecting Al Qaeda, then its not possible. Oh sorry no such thing as freedom fighters or Mujahadeen. They don't exist cause its all CIA created. There is no such terrorists of any kind. No Muslims hate America.
All CIA creation.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Just see SKL's post above yours. That pretty much says it all and in my world is pretty much common knowledge by now.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Yea right , and CNN reporter and other reporters can interview Osama Bin Laden but FBI,CIA ,NSA,Penthagon, DEA can't find him ?
....you still live in a corporate dream war world where everybody should be scared of Al Qaeda

edit on 7-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Just see SKL's post above yours. That pretty much says it all and in my world is pretty much common knowledge by now.

I like SKL
but I would take those links with a grain of salt...
Notice that all the link$ are for book$ for $ALE on the topic? Can you $ay they may have an Agenda relying on the Tinfoil hat brigade with money in their pocket$ to burn...?

However what doesn't lie is the very real history now stored online for your viewing pleasure. Regarding Osama Bin laden and his Al Qaeda connection goes way way back...

Many think he was a made up bad guy to take the fall after 9/11 the problem with that is [ And is always over looked and or ignored ] that he has been around for a long time beforehand but unless you have been following the story for say longer than 10 years one just wouldn't know.

You know how to catch the elusive Crawfish?
By turning over rocks, stones and logs and in many bad neighborhoods it means kicking in doors and knocking chairs and tables over.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f85c79cdeba6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef06383b788b.jpg[/atsimg]
BIN LADEN JUST ONE OF MANY U.S. OVERESTIMATES INDICTED TERRORIST'S

Nov 8, 1998

In the hours after powerful explosions tore into two U.S. Embassies in Africa last August, there was little doubt within the FBI about a prime suspect. Just two months earlier, a federal grand jury in New York had returned a secret set of charges accusing Osama bin Laden, a Saudi millionaire turned Mideast militant, of building a terrorist network targeting U.S. interests. The sealed indictment charged that Bin Laden and his network, known as Al Qaeda....

Afghanistan Rulers Accused Of Giving Terrorist Refuge; Clinton BansTrading With Taliban Militia

Jul 7, 1999

U.S. officials said the measure is intended to put pressure on the Taliban to surrender bin Laden, who is accused of masterminding the Aug. 7 bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya, that killed 12 Americans and nearly 300 Africans and wounded thousands more. Days after the attack, the United States launched cruise missiles at targets inside Afghanistan that officials described as bases used by bin Laden and his group of armed Islamic extremists, al Qaeda.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c590affa7683.jpg[/atsimg]
Cole Blast Probe Drawing Closer To Bin Laden

Oct 26, 2000

Bin Laden has been indicted for the terrorist bombings of U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania that killed 224 in 1998. He recently was televised delivering a threat against the United States while wearing traditional Yemeni clothing. He also recently married a woman from Yemen and has longtime family ties to the country, [Clinton] administration officials said. U.S. military forces in the Persian Gulf are on heightened alert because of the threat of new attacks. U.S. law enforcement and intelligence officials also are taking steps to thwart an attack by bin Laden and his al Qaeda terrorist network, who want to drive the U.S. military out of the region.

Also the Taliban feel Al Qaeda is real because they refused to give them up after 9/11.
Some light reading for the uninformed...

Taliban refuse to turn over Osama Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Nov 15, 1999

Taliban refuse to turn over Osama Reading Eagle - Oct 3, 2001

edit on 7-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

An excellent and very well presented post my friend, as always.

Yes it is all a con, but since we as a nation are still more or less buying it, it really is something that discussing becomes warranted.

Not everyone has the wisdom or presence of mind of a Spartan King.

Thanks for joining in my friend.

I never see an issue in discussing something of this magnitude.

Especially not when it is a many leveled con game run by politicians.

What in essence strikes me as fraud on so many levels, with so many people heading it, and so many dupes.

Wisdom for this Spartan King came through thorough research mixed with knowledge of how to spot the con.

What irritates me is too few people actually do something with that knowledge.

They write threads, complaining, whining, and bitching about it, and nothing more than that.

While it is great to discuss it, it is great to educate others, something more needs to be done.

And no, the actions of the idiot in Arizona are not what I am calling for, nor revolution.

The days where that was acceptable and or possible are long, long gone, especially in light of terrorism.

Politicians can far too easily point to revolution as a terrorist plot because of their corruption.

As well through societies malfeasance of education towards understanding these happenings.

We as a community, the conspiracy theory community, have long sat idle, on our hands and done nothing.

It is time for decisive, legal, and non-violent actions towards shining the light on these horrendous actions.

I say decisive, because indecision only gets us killed, I say legal, because illegal crosses into the boundaries where criminals go, I say non-violent, because Government is prepared for violence meting out more violence, and we need to shine the light on the horrendous actions so as to expose the darkness this corruption breeds so it cannot foul this planet anymore.

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Great post mate ...apparently here some soldiers still believe in war of terror and great empire America

Are you sure you read that correctly?

It sounds as if you believe I support the War on Terror when in fact I do not.

I see both sides of the conflict and support neither side.

While I am not anti-Government neither am I pro-terrorist.

I am anti-corruption and and I stand against lies on any side and expose both sides flaws.

Government is nothing more than a functionary unit meant to serve a purpose.

It is the men and women who drives it which corrupt that purpose through their own ignorant beliefs.

Whether it is World Government, the United States Government, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, you name it.

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

If only that were true on a much larger scale.

Too few know these actions our Government commits in our name.

Daily I speak to people in the real world who have no clue whatsoever.

And I give them a list double that size of books to research.

reply to post by SLAYER69

And those books are only suggestions as well as some of my sourcing and I am not selling them.

I own each and every one of them and only mention them as something people should read.

I never suggested they had all of the knowledge necessary to come to the same conclusions I have.

And each and every one of them can be found for free in the library.

As well I've been digging for decades to delve into topics such at this thread are about.
edit on 2/7/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

So somehow the fact that some of this information has been consolidated into books that are for sale in some way invalidates or discredits it? The fact that someone took the time to compile information that came over many years and many sources to show patterns is suspect? My simple point was that what he summarized in his post covers an angle many people neither see nor think about. There's a lot more to this game that what's presented to us and we're supposed to accept at face value.

Anyone who follows this knows that bin Laden was around as an actor in this arena well before 9/11 (if that's what your reference to ten years means). In fact he was implanted into the collective psyche to such a degree that his name was the first most people uttered on that fateful morning. Please.
edit on 2/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am not sure to what extent most people believe in a all powerful Al Qaeda. We in the U.K were peddled the same lies, but i think over time it has become clear that in truth the intelligence services didn't have a clue what AL Qaeda was. Here in the U.K some people managed to brainwash a few naive, lost men, provide them with some training and send them out to kill. All it probably took was the Internet and a couple of true believers to do this and the end result is death on the streets of London.
Al Qaeda is nothing more than a small group of people who hijack legitimate causes like Palestine. Hiding behind peoples rights to fight for their own freedom, feeding of the vulnerable, and exploiting what look like the ever waining sympathy's of archaic tribal cultures. In Iraq the people turned against them, seeing them for what they truly are. I think the sooner we the people of the west understand what gives these evil people what power they have, and help redress the injustices and causes of genuine anger felt by many in the Muslim world these few men will have no power!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

S+F! Nice thread as usual Proto.Hahaha,
seriously! I love how it's now just becoming a mainstream possibility.
You're a great contribution here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by gladtobehere

No can do, as long as the freedom fighters keep protecting Al Qaeda, then its not possible. Oh sorry no such thing as freedom fighters or Mujahadeen. They don't exist cause its all CIA created. There is no such terrorists of any kind. No Muslims hate America.
All CIA creation.

Well, its not ALL CIA created, but Al-Caeda is. And oh yeah, Saddam was installed by the CIA and armed by the US government. And so was Osama. And so was the Shah of Iran via Operation Ajax. Mubarak, the dictator that the Egyptian people are trying to overthrow, hes been funded by the US government for 30 years as was the dictator in Tunisia. And while the US was arming Saddam, they were making back door arms deals with Iran so they could fund the overthrow of yet another government, it was revealed as the Iran-Contra affair.

So, not ALL of it is CIA created. Wait, yah I think it is.

As far as "Muslims hating America", the US has been waging war in the Middle East since 1953 with the overthrow of the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mohammed Mossadegh. So I'd say some hate is in order. Wouldn't you?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
As far as "Muslims hating America", the US has been waging war in the Middle East since 1953 with the overthrow of the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mohammed Mossadegh. So I'd say some hate is in order. Wouldn't you?

The "Democratically elected" part of the story get's a fair amount of play with regards to discussing Operation Ajax. However it needs to be represented in it's proper historical context. It wasn't a general/popular election as many have envisioned he was appointed by the Shaw.

It's interesting to note TPTB in Iran during that period thought that Mossadegh could be controlled. [Another Puppet] His popularity grew after he was elected by Parliament and appointed by the dreaded Shaw he demonstrated his desire for a stronger Iran with less influence from the West as well as keeping his eye on Iran's Northern Border.

Mohammad Mosaddegh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06fc9f402126.jpg[/atsimg]
Election as prime minister

On 28 April 1951, the Majlis (Parliament of Iran) named Mosaddegh as new prime minister by a vote of 79–12. Aware of Mosaddegh's rising popularity and political power, the young Shah appointed Mosaddegh to the Premiership.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0402488d3dcb.jpg[/atsimg]
Mosaddegh shaking hands with Mohammad-Reza Shah in their first meeting after Mossadegh's election as Prime Minister

Source

In 1951, after the assassination of prime minister Ali Razmara, Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh was elected prime minister by a parliamentary vote which was then ratified by the Shah. As prime minister, Mossadegh became enormously popular in Iran after he nationalized Iran's petroleum industry and oil reserves

edit on 8-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
In the days following the "re-taking" of Kabul, the nightly news shows an interview of an rural leader who proclaims the immediate halt of poppy production in favor of food crops...its now or never.
A few days later, the nightly news reports he has been shot.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well, the first election is similar to the way in which the UK or Canada's Prime Minister is elected, by a vote in Parliament, which is accepted as a "democratic process".

Mossadegh then called for elections in the later part of 1951 after being elected and approved by the then Monarch, the Shah. The Shah later fled the country for fear of being implicated with the CIA. Using your source:

Still enormously popular in late 1951, Mosaddegh called elections. His base of support was in urban areas and not in the provinces.[26] This fact was reflected in the rejection of Mosaddegh's bill for electoral reform (which no longer disqualified illiterates from electoral participation) by the conservative bloc, on the grounds that it would "unjustly discriminate patriots who had been voting for the last forty years".

en.wikipedia.org...[27]

Hence the reason its regarded as the overthrow of a "democratically elected leader". Though I would agree with you that in the US, the election process for the POTUS is more direct.

Using your source:

Mohammad Mossadegh (19 May 1882 – 5 March 1967), was the democratically elected[1][2][3] Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 to 1953 when he was overthrown in a coup d'état backed by the United States Central Intelligence Agency.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mossadegh is again referred to as a democratically elected representative in the original piece which provided a basic summary of the declassified documents on Operation Ajax:

Written in 1954 by one of the coup's chief planners, the history details how United States and British officials plotted the military coup that returned the shah of Iran to power and toppled Iran's elected prime minister, an ardent nationalist.

www.nytimes.com...

I think its safe to say that Operation Ajax entailed the overthrow of a democratically elected leader.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What gets me is the fact that these men in caves, have put up a better fight than the nazis. How long have the USA/Uk been after these guys? 10yrs? hahaha We had a cold war with the Russians and all that money was wasted. If only the Russians had of realised what some box cutters could do, then they wouldnt have wasted so much money on nukes ect. A guy in a cave was able to take out the pentagon?
hahaha What a joke....
the 7/7 bombings in London were also dubious. On the day of the attacks all the emergency servises were in place for a mock attack,at the very same stations. Once they were in place the mock attack was canceled. How ever,its a good job that they were already in place. For lo and behold those very same stations were attaked. Not by the taliban or a quaida. But by home based british muslims.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If al Quaeda is such a threat , why don't you put your money where your mouth is ? Why are you behind a computer screen ? Get out there and enlist ! Protect us from these fiends!
Your achieving Nothing right now .
If their such an evil force go join your comrades and fight on the front line !

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So how Usama Bin Laden is interviewed several times by journalists and most sofisticated inteligence agencies can't find him so many years

The Independent, 1996 and 1997 Bin Laden gave an interview to the Independent newspaper's Robert Fisk on December 6, 1996. This was the first he had ever given to a Western journalist.[3] Fisk again interviewed Bin Laden on March 20, 1997; Bin Laden said of his operations at the time "We are still at the beginning of our military action against the American forces."[4][5] [edit]

CNN: 1997 Peter Arnett of CNN interviewed bin Laden in March 1997.[6][7] [edit]

ABC: 1998 A recorded interview in May 1998, a little over two months before the U.S. embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, shows bin Laden answering questions posed by some of his followers at a mountaintop camp in southern Afghanistan. In the latter part of the interview, ABC reporter John Miller asks further questions.[8] [edit]

Time: 1999 Rahimullah Yusufzai, a journalist for Pakistan's The News, TIME, and ABC News, in 1999 secured a four-hour interview with bin Laden in Afghanistan's Helmand province. During Yusufzai's late-night conversation, bin Laden appeared to be in good health, though he admitted to a sore throat and a bad back. He continually sipped water from a cup, and Yusufzai caught him on videotape walking with the aid of a stick. This latter footage was erased by bin Laden's bodyguards.[9] The interview appeared in the January 11, 1999 issue of Time Asia. [edit]

2001: Ummat The Daily Ummat is said to have interviewed Osama bin Laden weeks after the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States. In the interview bin Laden is said to deny his involvement in the attacks; the interviewer, however, has never been identified, so there is no proof of the interview's authenticity.[10] [edit]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This isn't news here in Sweden. We've known they weren't allied for years. However, we were always amazed at how the American media painted them to be. So much disinformation over there.
Sweden has some troops in Afghanistan as well. We have been pissed off about this for years.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It's as if they wait this long so they can see the peoples' perspectives on things. That way they can come up with the most believable lie possible!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

It may exist, but it has nothing to do with Islam. It does not exist in the way we think it does. It is just a political device created by our government to favour the cause of capitalism for the sake of just a small elite group of capitalists. That's what I mean by "fabrication".

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
I think its safe to say that Operation Ajax entailed the overthrow of a democratically elected leader.

Well since you have agreed to use the source provided what say ye about the fact that the Shaw was actually in power before the election and Mosaddegh was appointment by the Shaw himself in the first place?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
AH so you encouraged your son to be a soldier ? Ah that explains a lot !
Carry on soldier !
I suggest you read silent weapons for silent wars , it goes into detail about people like you.
I guess life means NOTHING to you .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join