It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You can call them chicken soup, a bacon sandwich, for all I care.

Taliban.
Al Queda.
People that shoot at me.
People that want to bomb other people who don't act the same way they do.
People that want to hurt people because they don't have the same faith.

Whatever.

Be nice to the ones that don't want to kill us and be angry with the ones that do.

Is that so fracking hard to understand?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
You can call them chicken soup, a bacon sandwich, for all I care.

Taliban.
Al Queda.
People that shoot at me.
People that want to bomb other people who don't act the same way they do.
People that want to hurt people because they don't have the same faith.

Whatever.

Be nice to the ones that don't want to kill us and be angry with the ones that do.

Is that so fracking hard to understand?

Indeed, "What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

The real question to be asked is why do they shoot at us?

Is it because they hate our freedom, or because they hate that we take away theirs?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Well said. And the answer is well above my pay-grade. I can only speculate.
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I dunnoooo........
It's all Bush's/neocons fault...

U.S. missiles pound targets in Afghanistan..

Clinton: 'Our target was terror'

August 21, 1998
Web posted at: 5:10 a.m. EDT (0910 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- American cruise missiles pounded sites in Afghanistan and Sudan Thursday in retaliation for the deadly bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania on August 7.

"Let our actions today send this message loud and clear -- there are no expendable American targets," U.S. President Clinton said in a televised address to the American people Thursday evening. "There will be no sanctuary for terrorists. We will defend our people, our interests and our values."

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I dunnoooo........
It's all Bush's/neocons fault...

U.S. missiles pound targets in Afghanistan..

August 21, 1998
Web posted at: 5:10 a.m. EDT (0910 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- American cruise missiles pounded sites in Afghanistan and Sudan Thursday in retaliation for the deadly bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania on August 7.

"Let our actions today send this message loud and clear -- there are no expendable American targets," U.S. President Clinton said in a televised address to the American people Thursday evening. "There will be no sanctuary for terrorists. We will defend our people, our interests and our values."

I'm not sure whether you are implying that my post somehow came to this conclusion.

To be very clear, it did not.

It is not partisan nor is it exclusively an American situation either. The roots are in post WWI colonialism, and the protection of private interests of influential actors, that have persisted to this day.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I took this opportunity to dispel a well entrenched misconception that it was the Neocons who pushed the whole Afghanistan conflict agenda. If you'll notice the date and which President actually indicated years before 9/11 the direction we were headed...

August 21, 1998

edit on 7-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You know whats funny? We split hairs with al queda and taliban, but label "neocons" with a broad brush.

Does that only bother me? Because it smacks of hypocracy.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Al qaida means the toilet seat, Only an american could think up a name like that up. The toilet seat gang are causing chit in the world. Al quaida arms for heroin. Tim osman aka laden bin of crap. Was bushs heroin dealer in the afghan. Guess bush didnt like it when he was cut out of the deal. Maybe thats why he blamed bin ladin for 911.
Taliban and al quaida. the students or omar and the toilet seat gang. What a team....
edit on 7-2-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I took this opportunity to dispel a well entrenched misconception that it was the Neocons who pushed the whole Afghanistan conflict agenda. If you'll notice the date and which President actually indicated years before 9/11 the direction we were headed...

August 21, 1998

Yes, and the interest for this section of the globe goes much further back than that...

Check out this thread: The Great Game

There is obviously something of great strategic importance hiding in them hills.

edit on 7-2-2011 by Billmeister because: fix quote

edit on 7-2-2011 by Billmeister because: better wording

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Im glad you have researched and not been brainwashed to be distracted from the bigger picture by fabled enemies .
Star ed your post

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
Yes, and the interest for this section of the globe goes much further back than that...

There is obviously something of great strategic importance hiding in them hills.

You might want to look a bit closer at this thread as well....
The New Great Game

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Al Qaeda does not exist.

CIA Admits Al Qaeda Is A Complete Fabrication

An amusing story and link. Riddle me this: If al Quaida doesn't exist, and was entirely a fabrication of the Bushies in order to justify a war - as is claimed by your link, WHY did Clinton fling a few ineffectual Tomahawks at them before Bush's tenure?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Slayer's Great Game threads are fascinating glimpses into global strategy, yet the truth is the great game afoot is a little simpler than the armchair warriors and strategists who often disect and rehash the battles percieve.

To have a one world government, you have to have one entity that controls everything in the world.

You have to eliminate any independent chains of commands, individuals and resources to win the game.

Afghanistan is arguably one of the world's last untamed and unconquered places.

What is really hiding in those hills is a fierce independence to live a life that centers around just living in those hills.

Not the kind of global marketplace and thinking that the one world government crowd is pushing for.

Sure it's a vital source of opium, copper, and a transhipment center for oil, that gives it a great value too, but even in States like North Korea and Cuba that have nothing of any real value to the rest of the world, living independently outside of the control of the International Banking Cartel and Military Industrial Complex is a real no, no.

The Great Game is about establishing ONE control over EVERYTHING, following parts of that game along, Slayer does do an exceptional job at presenting them and creating an environment where people can discuss them.

Too bad that will have to go to in time!

Ultimately a One World System is going to require just One Opinion to go along with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm still not sure if Al-Quaeda is even a real thing. I heard it meant, The list, or the toilet in arabic.

It means "the Base" in Arabic, as in "the base of operations", "the Camp".

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister

You might want to look a bit closer at this thread as well....
The New Great Game

Thank you for the heads-up, I will definitely spend some time studying the material posted.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
This is the Al Quaeda that you created and trained to combat the Russians , and now their the enemy hmm nice job there !

Never happened.

They need time to get the gold oil ,drugs and ancient knowledge to hoard for themselves .

What "ancient knowledge" are you postulating even exists in Afghanistan to be "stolen"?

Where is the "gold and oil" to be found in Afghanistan?

Won't the Taliban get all out of sorts if "the west" tried to horn in on THEIR drug trade?

Yeah, THAT will teach 'em!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"Persuaded to renounce...."

That's rich. So this is news to someone? Seriously? Glad another someone finally saw some light and put it to paper.

Al Qaeda is at best a core bunch of mercenaries available to the highest bidder and at worst, as many have already pretty much theorized and said, black or covert ops using local talent. In either case opportunists abound. That anyone ever drew conclusions otherwise bespeaks more to their own motives, fears, or simple and total lack of willingness to see than to any real progress on some illusory war front.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Doomzilla
This is the Al Quaeda that you created and trained to combat the Russians , and now their the enemy hmm nice job there !

Never happened.

They need time to get the gold oil ,drugs and ancient knowledge to hoard for themselves .

What "ancient knowledge" are you postulating even exists in Afghanistan to be "stolen"?

Where is the "gold and oil" to be found in Afghanistan?

Won't the Taliban get all out of sorts if "the west" tried to horn in on THEIR drug trade?

Yeah, THAT will teach 'em!

Good luck finding al Quaeda ! Ive realised by your post that its pointless conversing with you further , may your search be successful !

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Afghanistan is arguably one of the world's last untamed and unconquered places.

What is really hiding in those hills is a fierce independence to live a life that centers around just living in those hills.

I'm sure that is part of the equation, but interest in the region "The Great Game" episode 1 as it were, began in the 1800's, so I am led to believe that something of real strategic importance exists there. Of course, this may be a changing resource, going from the opium necessary to British conquest of China in the 1800's to the obvious oil and mineral wealth today.

Living independently outside of the control of the International Banking Cartel and Military Industrial Complex is a real no, no.

Yes, and that is why I am watching the recent situation in Iceland intently. Perhaps they are of little interest having nothing much in the way of exportable natural resources, but they did just give a big middle finger to the Banking Cartel.

The Great Game is about establishing ONE control over EVERYTHING, following parts of that game along, Slayer does do an exceptional job at presenting them and creating an environment where people can discuss them.

Perhaps it is all smoke and mirrors, but the "Game" has historically been played by "opponents" who seem to have differing views as to how this "ONE control" should be enacted.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Al Qaeda is at best a core bunch of mercenaries available to the highest bidder and at worst, as many have already pretty much theorized and said, black or covert ops using local talent. In either case opportunists abound. That anyone ever drew conclusions otherwise bespeaks more to their own motives, fears, or simple and total lack of willingness to see than to any real progress on some illusory war front.

"Mercenaries"? You say that like it's a BAD thing or something!

If they're "mercenaries", tell me how are they to collect their pay if they blow themselves up? Seems a bit-counterproductive to me....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join