It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

www.military.com

February 07, 2011
Agence France-Presse
U.S. scholars believe Afghanistan's Taliban has been wrongly perceived as ideological allies of al-Qaida, The New York Times reported late Sunday.

Citing a report to be published Monday by New York University, the newspaper said authors of the study think the guerrilla group could be persuaded to renounce al-Qaida.

NATO plans to begin this year handing Afghan forces the security lead in the battle against Taliban rebels, province by province, with
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, it’s only taken 10 years of occupation for the Coalition Forces and Governments to move towards adopting a position that many of us have long suspected to be true, that the Taliban and El Qaeda are not aligned or even ideologically similar forces.

This report set to be released later on today, is believed to herald a new policy shift in Afghanistan towards seeking partnership with Senior Taliban Leaders to create a more stable and presumably less expensive and risky to govern Afghanistan by in essence doing the thing we claimed we were most against when entering Afghanistan, allowing the Taliban to be an active part of it’s government.

The report goes on to state that even before September 11, 2001; there were significant frictions between the Taliban and El Qaeda.

In a war that many conspiracy minded and critical thinkers believe to be primarily about opium, copper deposits and a vital oil pipeline, the wide spread civilian casualties and economic cost of the war has been primarily sold to main stream America as ridding a civilian body, of a fundamentalist religious group, that wishes to impose stricter religious based laws than the civilians would prefer.

Yet over the course of ten years of warfare two things have emerged as hard to get around, the Taliban continues to receive a tremendous amount of support outside of Kabul’s Green Zone where the Karzai Government can only survive with all it’s corruption and cronyism by being propped up and protected by U.S. and Coalition Troops, and that Afghanistan likely can not ever self govern itself without a government that includes ‘moderate’ Taliban elements in it.

Like the nonexistent weapons of mass destruction, the invasion pretext myths of Afghanistan are now being discarded to as Karzai first and now the Coalition look to formalize a peaceful and permanent relationship with the Taliban.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm still not sure if Al-Quaeda is even a real thing. I heard it meant, The list, or the toilet in arabic.

Anyways off topic.

How do you become a gold, silver and bronze contributor? You have lots of flags and stars.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah, right. Whatever. Next, you'll tell us Taliban has had no real interest in harming Americans and Al-Qaeda was the creation of the CIA and hyped by the media. What's next, TSA doesn't need to grope and molest people because there are major holes in airport security? Laughable!!! La-la-la-la-la-la.....

Sarcasm off.

edit on 7-2-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Well, it’s only taken 10 years of occupation for the Coalition Forces and Governments to move towards adopting a position that many of us have long suspected to be true, that the Taliban and El Qaeda are not aligned or even ideologically similar forces.

i reckon the report was in the works before the Muslim Brotherhood began inserting its'
presence into Egypt and other North African states that are in turmoil (as of: jan-feb 2011)

my take is that MB, AQ, Taliban are pretty much like the difference between Republican-Democrats
on one-hand.... and Libertatians or Communists on the other... it can be stated their goals
are diverse as much as those three Islamic groups are 'Ideologically' seperate...
~according to the "Report"~

what a crock.... all three want the decadent West off Muslim soil !
and that makes them equals...the 'Report' is attempting to instill the propaganda that
Islam is a genteel & peaceful people...

Wonder what think-tank made that Report, it sure wasn't PNAC or the NeoCon core

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well it's very interesting now. . . once again, a once sworn enemy of ours is all of a sudden, not so bad. Or, as some people have forgotten, the US is known for funding and quietly aiding the taliban from the get-go.

Taliban: Made by the USA
How the US Funds the Taliban
Who is funding Afghan Taliban? You don't want to know.
US Military Contracts Funding Taliban

Now it seems we will probably see a new boogie-man created to take the place of the Taliban.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Al quaeda will not be defeated , why because there not supposed to be defeated . This is the Al Quaeda that you created and trained to combat the Russians , and now their the enemy hmm nice job there !
It gives America the time And Excuse to fully pillage the resources of the countries they are invading .
We are chasing an enemy that is not there to be stopped .
Dont you remember your puppet politicians telling you it may take decades to "win " this war right before you invaded ? They need time to get the gold oil ,drugs and ancient knowledge to hoard for themselves .
edit on 7-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

and that makes them equals...the 'Report' is attempting to instill the propaganda that
Islam is a genteel & peaceful people...

Did you read the Bible ? Did you read the Qur'an ? Do you realise both books carry the exact same message ?

Do you realise that most of the muslims are peaceful and that 1% of rotten apples doesn't mean you have to cut the whole tree ?

You're arguing everywhere around this website, saying that the government is lying to us, that they want to use us and harm us, that every media is lying and yet you buy the whole "every muslim wants a djihad" crap spread by the same government and the same medias.
Looks like while you were trying to fight the wrong windmills all along and now you are spinning.
edit on 7-2-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, both titles "The Taliban" and "Al Queda" are over-reaching and over-simplifying.

The political situation in Afghanistan is one of regional, tribal loyalties. There was (and is) effectively no central government, in fact, the Afghan people do not even consider themselves Afghans, they have regional and tribal loyalties exclusively. Some regional tribes find a strategic and/or ideological reason to band together, and, as is always the case, those with the most guns will claim "rulership", whether it is tangible or not.

The same can be said for "Al Queda". Almost every non-state, mulsim organization is lumped into the infamous "Al Queda" as if, somehow, there is centralized control and leadership over these radically different groups.

We must remember that most of Afghanistan does not have electricity or indoor plumbing, let alone a sophisticated communications network. Village to village communications consists of horse-back messengers traveling through mountainous terrain. I'm sure some people (the lucky ones) do not know that there is a war going on, and those that are being bombarded, probably don't know by whom, or why.

Then again, we don't seem to quite know why either.

Here is a very enlightening series of discussions on the realities of Afghanistan.
Link to videos

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

I'm still not sure if Al-Quaeda is even a real thing. I heard it meant, The list, or the toilet in arabic.

Anyways off topic.

How do you become a gold, silver and bronze contributor? You have lots of flags and stars.

The words Al-Queda themselves mean Network and the popular story is that it's a network of various religious fundamentalists, militants and mercenaries that are at Bin Laden and the Leadership of Al-Queda's disposal. They know how to get a hold of them all, give them jobs, direct them and plan with them.

Many in conspiracy circles believe that it's actually a CIA list of various non-aligned operatives who for the right price, will pretty much do or say anything to sell a politically inspired story through carrying out acts of violence and sabatoge for money.

Certainly the CIA has had ties with Bin Laden and many of the other high ranking Al Queda operatives so there is some truth to that.

As far as contribution levels here on ATS flags are about publishing threads. Many of mine have come from authoring some popular conspiracy theories that I have been fortunate to recieve a fair amount of attention from and stars and flags too. Though I don't actually write anything or post any news story unless it's because I feel there is a real value to the community.

Stars come from individual posts, so you can pick up a lot by focusing on making high quality posts. You will definately pick up more stars by posting as often as you can on the front page of a thread when it first starts. Many members read the front page and the last page and skip over everything in between.

Post what you honestly think and feel on the topics you are honestly concerned about and passionate about, and I personally believe that level of passion and integrity will shine through and other members will recognize it and reward it with stars and flags.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So , let me get this utterly straight in my head. The CIA creation, that they put together to oust the communist Russians from Afghanistan, is not an ally of the completely ficticious creation that the CIA put together to give them and the rest of the west, an excuse to invade two nations at least, and blow the living crap out of hundreds of thousands of people, most of whom werent firing back at the time?
That what we are talking about? So basicaly the whole problem is, America and greed? Just wanted to understand the subject matter, so if Im missing something key, please enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Al Qaeda - the base, or "database" was a creation of the US because it needed to prove that OBL was part of a terrorist organisation, before it could charge him with terrorism after the first unsuccessfull attempt to bomb the WTC. He was tried "in absentia" and al qaeda was born.

The Taliban were the ruling Islamic government of Afghanistan on 9/11 - the US demanded that OBL (in Afghanistan at the time) be extradited to the US to face charges over 9/11.
The Taliban agreed provided, the US disclosed the evidence linking OBL to 9/11 - the US refused to do this (because there was NO evidence) so the Taliban refused extradition.

This in turn led to the US propaganda war, "The War On Terror" which was used as justification for the invasion of 2 countries.

The FBI, when asked why OBL wasn't wanted in connection with 9/11 stated "because we have absolutely no evidence to link him to the crime"

All available in the public arena, all easily verifiable.

Make of these facts what you will, but remember that you have been LIED to since day one.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i reckon the report was in the works before the Muslim Brotherhood began inserting its'
presence into Egypt and other North African states that are in turmoil (as of: jan-feb 2011)

Not feeling the Muslim Boogie Man threat here, and whether it's a Masonic/Christian, Judean/Christian, Britanic/U.S. aliance, they are all basically about establishing majorities on the ground in a democratic process of majority rules.

So what should we go with, a Masonic/Christian/Judean world that imposes itslef through force of arms through superior force of arms in areas of the world it does not enjoy a majority in order to control vital resources or allowing people to live along idealogical lines they see fit.

When it comes to blood on hands, and the indiscriminate use of violence against unarmed civilians no group has more on it's hands than the Masonic/Christian/Judean aliances.

So it would seem to me if someone finds that attractive, then what you would have against the Muslim Brotherhood is it's inability to inflict as much carnage and as much death as the former.

Of course your whole argument is based on your desire to have your majority in one environment, force it's ways as a minority on a majority in another environment simply because it benefits your group economically and politically, so since the Masonic/Christian/Judean aliance has been engaged in that for millenia, you are likely prone to believe that any other group wants to do the same and simply lacks the means.

Yet obviously it's not about means, it's about will.

Where willingness is concerned no one is more willing to shed blood than the Masonic/Christian/Judean alliance and no one is prepared to be more ignorant or dishonest about doing just that than the Masonic/Christian/Judean alliance, hence your 'frearful' posts.

I am not worried about the Muslims taking over my little neck of the woods, I don't live in fear, I don't support expoting war, a one world government, a new world order, or being manipulated through fear.

Some people seem to enjoy it, I am not one of them.

The Afghanis like the Iraqis did nothing to us as Americans to deserve or warrant the carnage or bloodshed visited on them and in fact it's so against Christian principles I don't know how anyone could even pretend to be a Christian that supports it.

Which if you don't understand your own religion and it's been turned into a dishonest murdering pretext for resources and controls, yeah you are likely to be worried about anyone not in that religion.

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This report set to be released later on today, is believed to herald a new policy shift in Afghanistan towards seeking partnership with Senior Taliban Leaders to create a more stable and presumably less expensive and risky to govern Afghanistan by in essence doing the thing we claimed we were most against when entering Afghanistan, allowing the Taliban to be an active part of it’s government.

S & F

This isn't exactly really NEW news though. Some of us have been posting and hinting on this very possibility for quite some time and comes as no surprise...

Taliban ready to negotiate, says Kabul minister

posted on 26-1-2010
Afghanistan's finance minister has raised the prospect of involving the Taliban across all strata of government, at both district and national level, as part of a plan for their reintegration and brokering peace. "Negotiations could begin as early as tomorrow if we have international backing," he said. Before tomorrow's opening of an international conference on Afghanistan in London that will address plans for an exit strategy for western forces, Omar Zakhilwal told the Financial Times he believed that the Taliban was ready to negotiate.

Taliban deny high-level contact with Afghan government

posted on 29-9-2010
Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- The Taliban rejected Wednesday claims made by the top U.S. military commander in Afghanistan that high level militant leaders have been in contact with the Afghan government.

"Contrary to the claims by the morale-sagging General Petraeus," a Taliban spokesman wrote in a statement...

The report goes on to state that even before September 11, 2001; there were significant frictions between the Taliban and El Qaeda.

AND....

A civil war amongst the Afghans themselves between the Internationally recognized legitimate Government of Afghanistan The [Northern Alliance] and the mostly foreign non-Afghan Taliban, Let's not forget that the majority of Afghans do not want the Taliban back in complete power with their twisted view of Islam.

However, having said that there is a smaller percentage than the whole of Pashtun [ Whose home territory straddles an area between Afghanistan and Pakistan ] Discussed here [Taliban try to spread fighting in Pakistani tribal belt and here Pakistan urges Taliban to lay down arms]who do support the Taliban. So any Government in Afghanistan would naturally have to have a percentage of Taliban supporters in it if it were to truly be a inclusive Government of the people as a whole...

In a war that many conspiracy minded and critical thinkers believe to be primarily about opium, copper deposits and a vital oil pipeline, the wide spread civilian casualties and economic cost of the war has been primarily sold to main stream America as ridding a civilian body, of a fundamentalist religious group, that wishes to impose stricter religious based laws than the civilians would prefer.

Which we have a very real history of them doing that very thing, Not only in terms of the human costs but do we remember them blowing up ancient monuments simply because it didn't fit in with their version of Islam?

Yet over the course of ten years of warfare two things have emerged as hard to get around, the Taliban continues to receive a tremendous amount of support outside of Kabul’s Green Zone

Which was and has been supported by that very opium they have been credited with of destroying yet they themselves have been the ones cultivating and supplying the markets with that very same crop. Anybody who has followed the situation closely over the past 8 or 9 years knows what really has gone on. Ever since the [Internationally Recognized] Afghan Northern alliance kicked them to the street back in 2001 with Western Special Forces and Air support know the opium has been flowing almost freely through Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan ever since.

With regards to the CIA angle which gets thrown around these boards like popcorn is that many fail to look at the real situation in Afghanistan. Look at the following maps. The biggest heroin producing regions of Afghanistan over the past 8 or 9 years have been under Taliban control. Not US/NATO. The Karzai Government on the other hand have been for years playing footsy with the Taliban already, so this comes as no real surprise...

Taliban controlled provinces

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c10b4b032c3a.jpg[/atsimg]

Largest Opium producing provinces

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c9de0e46600.gif[/atsimg]

I know it's a popular stance about how the Taliban almost stopped production during their control of Afghanistan. The real reason was they were in business and they reduced production in locations that weren't controlled by them to raise the profit margin by lowering the supply for the Decades old Russian demand. They have been selling it for years.

Notice how they did a 180 when they had to finance their war against the West they turned to the very crop they were supposedly against?

Bit of historical reality Golden Crescent

The Golden Crescent is the name given to one of Asia's two principal areas of illicit opium production, located at the crossroads of Central, South, and Western Asia. This space overlaps three nations, Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan, whose mountainous peripheries define the crescent, though only Afghanistan and Pakistan produce opium, with Iran being a consumer and trans-shipment route for the smuggled opiates.[1]

where the Karzai Government can only survive with all it’s corruption and cronyism by being propped up and protected by U.S. and Coalition Troops, and that Afghanistan likely can not ever self govern itself without a government that includes ‘moderate’ Taliban elements in it.

I whole heartily agree that the Karzi Government is overtly corrupt and should be replaced hopefully a newer all inclusive Government will oust him and his cronies and we should recognize those [Moderate] elements in the Taliban. The war was never really against them only Al Qaeda.

the invasion pretext myths of Afghanistan are now being discarded to as Karzai first and now the Coalition look to formalize a peaceful and permanent relationship with the Taliban.

Actually there is plenty of evidence to the contrary, the Taliban as a whole are not nor were they ever just a bunch of misunderstood warm and fuzzy kind of guys, but that is the a topic for another thread IMHO.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think anyone who looked into it when the war first broke out, like I did, knew this.......

However, I believe NATO came to a behind closed doors agreement with the Taliban, most likely financial, and they want to disassociate the publics opinion of the two so they can start an exit of Afghanistan...

possibly????

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I find any pull out of significant size highly unlikely for the foreseeable future. There are whole towns that havent been strip mined yet out there! Cant be leaving perfectly good resources untapped and in the hands of the Taliban after all !

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Do any of you have relatives in the army ?. Please inform them of whats really going on , even if they don't want to hear it hopefully with time theyll see for themselves and come back home to be with the people that really matter family and friends .we dont owe the government anything , dont fight for Their benefit .

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Are there really people who believe that these two organizations are in cahoots.You have got to be kidding me.They are so far apart idealogically I'm suprised they aren't fighting each other.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh that post makes me feel ill.

I do have a question:

Do they grow for big pharmaceutics? To use the opium for pain control meds and if so what percentage goes to those legitimate places verses the streets? And what is the bottom dollar amount of the legitimate sales verses street values?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join