It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Polar Shifts causing massive superstorms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Greenland ice cores or even antarctic ones, should contain a record of the last pole shift at least....Its possible even more than one.....
cant we go to the ice cores for an earthly climate review during pole shift?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
reply to post by glowsticks

Please search ATS BEFORE posting. This exact article has been posted many times under nearly the exact thread topic. I wish there was an anti-star/flag button because you did not add anything valuable to this discussion. Mods, please close this thread. P.S, sorry for being rough on the OP but this type of post has to stop

wow now thats confidence for being registered only on 28-1-2011

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

What are you the ATS police? If its not interesting to you move on. Sounds like a teachers pet here.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

Its not suprising if you think about it. How many articles have we seen about Airports needing to redo runways because of magnetic shifts (theyhave to change their numbering system). The Magnetic polce has been shifting about 40 feet a year, so its not like we did not see it coming.

Ignorance is bliss apprently..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually it's not 40 feet, it's forty miles a year towards Siberia.
Seems to correlate with the bird and fish deaths being that they use the earths magnetic field to navigate

Magnetic poles rapid increase in movement...
Earthquakes...
Extreme weather...
Animal deaths worldwide...
Heliosphere collapsing...

I dunno folks but I am getting very concerned, wish we truely knew what effects a pole shift is going to have with regards to our survival

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Who made you a moderator?

That's right. NO ONE.

This topic is important enough that a re-post can be forgiven.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Hmm. I have seen articles that said 40 feet. When I went to look I found a mix, stating 40 feet and 40 miles.. Do we know for sure which one is accurate?

Also, I agree about the animals die offs and the magnetic pole. It seems to be built into all animals. I saw an article talking about some British researcher looking at satellite information for gelogical studies. He noticed that cows in all the satellite images were facing Nroth.

MSNBC - No bull, they face north

A study of Google Earth satellite images has revealed that herds of cattle tend to face in the north-south direction of Earth's magnetic lines.

Staring at cows may not equal the thrill of spotting celebrities in public or rubbernecking at car accidents, but the researchers found nonetheless that our bovine friends display this strange sixth sense for direction.

Their field observations of red and roe deer also showed those animals facing toward magnetic north or south.

So much we dont know about our planet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

haha thats good to know @Xcathdra if we have a MCI from the sun that knocks out all the power in the world, & cannot find a compass. Just stare at a field full of cows

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
I dunno folks but I am getting very concerned, wish we truely knew what effects a pole shift is going to have with regards to our survival

This for one..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G

haha thats good to know @Xcathdra if we have a MCI from the sun that knocks out all the power in the world, & cannot find a compass. Just stare at a field full of cows

Apparently it was good enough for our ancestors back into antiquity and they seemed to have done alright.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Hmm. I have seen articles that said 40 feet. When I went to look I found a mix, stating 40 feet and 40 miles.. Do we know for sure which one is accurate?

Well problem with the internet is confusion...it is actually 40 kilometers a year up from 10-12 km a year, so about 4 times as fast

The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating to 40 km per year," says Newitt. At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades.

Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field NASA
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 7-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShirakIf the poles truly are going to completely shift in a months time there should be a measurable change one can record from any Magnetic North starting point. What am i missing here?

Perhaps I am not getting the question but the moement of the magnetic pole has been tracked. When it will flip and how fast no one knows because no one has lived through it. But we can see them on the sun... and those flip very quickly when they do

The movement of Earth's north magnetic pole across the Canadian arctic, 1831--2001. Credit: Geological Survey of Canada.

So on that map... if you lived due south of that path, your compass would not change much, nor would the direction on an airport runway but if you lived due east or west of that, your compass would have moved quite a lot

edit on 7-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Mythkiller

This for one..

Thanks Zorgon.
Is there any chance you could give us laymen a brief run down of what we are seeing here? And when / if this happens what we could expect?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

I need sleep

But this page is about as simple and thorough as it gets

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
There was a report recently on a different site about some fishermen off the coast of Florida watching a huge swarm of bumble bees flying out to sea. Apparently, the rapid change in the earth's magnetic field is affecting their navigation, causing their populations to collapse.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by glowsticks

My thoughts are not only a polar shift. What if this coincides with solar flares? Wouldnt we all be more than F#$KED then?.

edit on 7-2-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by meathed because: Lost of mistakes, Im alittle bit drunk

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Have you all seen this? Credible? Nonetheless interesting....

Broadcast on Coast to Coast You Tube Link
Magnetic Anomalies in the Bermuda Triangle - David B. Sereda PT 1

During the third hour, scientist David Sereda discussed pole shifts (illustration) and a recent FAA advisory regarding magnetic anomalies in the Bermuda Triangle. Sereda said he believes the FAA advisory, which indicates GPS will be unreliable in the area due to Department of Defense testing, is merely a cover story. According to Sereda, a ham radio operator has discovered the magnetic field anomalies in that region are not manmade, thus could not be military-related. Recent events, including an evenly-distributed vibration that struck the whole planet and the massive bird die-offs, may indicate Earth is getting ready to find its new magnetic north and south positions, he explained. Such a polar shift would cause devestating earth changes, Sereda warned.

edit on 7-2-2011 by flyingviolet because: forgot link title

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
my first double post, woo hoo!! sorry...
edit on 7-2-2011 by flyingviolet because: ...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Looking more and more like that movie "Knowing". I dont like the looks of things.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I caught your post.
The 11 year Sun pole reversals.
I had heard of some sun cycle perhaps the 11 year you spoke of.
Did not research further though.

This popped up on the net:
Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms

However the sun being the controlling weather factor it is out of our control.
So are we listening to liars with their carbon tax.

Noted by Bill Lyne there is a Danish study detailing the sun and planet
magnetic fields and solar activity as determining factors of our weather.
Did not look for any study.

I still go with Velikovsky for the flip -1500AD at Exodus that sent water
to the poles. Ice age done the easy way.
The Sun will just put green Aurora at the South Pole with its pulsing
electrostatic forces.
That might be interesting although Eric Lerner say currents go into the
Sun at its Equator.
That is the most cosmic news I'd heard since Tesla and his number on
the Sun voltage and its 50x the speed of light particles it sends out
our way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join