It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Polar Shifts causing massive superstorms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Magnetic Polar Shifts causing massive superstorms

www.salem-news.com

Superstorms can also cause certain societies, cultures or whole countries to collapse. Others may go to war with each other.

Courtesy: Weather Snob

(CHICAGO) - NASA has been warning about it…scientific papers have been written about it…geologists have seen its traces in rock strata and ice core samples…

Now "it" is here: an unstoppable magnetic pole shift that has sped up and is causing life-threatening havoc with the world's weather.

Forget about global warming—man-made or natural—what drives planetary weather patterns is the climate and what drives the climate
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well we've been talking about it on ATS for sometime. Now this is featured on Drudgereport...

Are the poles flipping? Are they really causing this weather?

I find it interesting to see that it is claimed that the Magnetic field of the Earth may disappear for a short while - I'd never heard this. Also that the pole has shifted East towards Russia for the past couple of decades - but recently sped up to 40 miles annually!

Thoughts?

www.salem-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by glowsticks

Please search ATS BEFORE posting. This exact article has been posted many times under nearly the exact thread topic. I wish there was an anti-star/flag button because you did not add anything valuable to this discussion. Mods, please close this thread. P.S, sorry for being rough on the OP but this type of post has to stop

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i see the link up on drudge report....but it appears as though the article its self no longer exists...

hmm

p.s.....i can't stand egomaniacal mini-mods
edit on 6-2-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

You've been here for a matter of days, and you already run the place?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm pretty shocked that this is making it's way into the mainstream--although to Drudge's credit, he is not shy about posting stories that the corporate media ignores or downplays. This topic has been talked about for some time now in the "conspiracy media", and always seemed to me to be credible. Many scientists and other weather experts have written about this topic, but again--are totally ignored by mainstream publications. Anyway, this topic needs to be made mainstream. the whole man made global warming scheme has been nothing but a pack of lies to enrich a few and heavily tax the many.

This is a perfect example of why I stay connected to the alternative, and the alternative alternative media and blogosphere--often times among the ridiculous and absurd, you find the truth well before it surfaces elsewhere.

Here is the link to the original story, as the link Drudge gave has broken for whatever reason.

www.helium.com...
edit on 6-2-2011 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
i see the link up on drudge report....but it appears as though the article its self no longer exists...

hmm

p.s.....i can't stand egomaniacal mini-mods
edit on 6-2-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

AHAHAHA me either. Mods it has to stop, modsss modsss! WAH. Change your diaper, don't click on the topic if you don't like it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB

Please search ATS BEFORE posting. This exact article has been posted many times under nearly the exact thread topic. I wish there was an anti-star/flag button because you did not add anything valuable to this discussion. Mods, please close this thread. P.S, sorry for being rough on the OP but this type of post has to stop

You may wish to read THIS thread before you come off like a tyrant. There is a level of civility and decorum expected.

On the topic however.... This has been coming, it is not new news, the new part of it is it hasn't happened during a time of extreme reliance on technology or GPS or satellites, etc, and so we really don't know what the implications are. It iwll be interesting to watch and see in the end, what, if anything really happens.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My sincere apologies Kevin I didn't mean to upset nor hurt your feelings in any manner....

Sorry if this is posted - I did take a check. Been browsing ATS for years but this is my first post, one of the "anons" coming out lately so to speak.

I think its great Matt Drudge has placed this though - it pushes news that should be mainstream further out than most news sites could achieve!

I think this is very important!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well Glowsticks welcome to ATS, I certianly hope you will enjoy yourself here.

As for your article very interesting indeed. ts about high time this was brought into main stream media, maybe now Governments will take stock of what is really going on, rather than sitting on thier backsides pretending nothing is happening at all.

Flagged and Starred!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs
You've been here for a matter of days, and you already run the place?

And you have been here long enough to know that the real mods close threads because there are too many duplicates. So about that decorum? Chewing out a new member for being correct? :shk:

Here is one good one... the weather lady from the mainstream media even entered the thread

Magnetic Mayhem by Weatherwoman (video)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Problem with duplicate threads is all that good info covered before is lost

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Sun's poles must be shifting then.
Did the Mayans follow the Sun and Venus.
Not sure how far back the Mayans go but Venus' wild activity
and errant buy clearly viable path of destruction with Earth
around -1500AD during the Exodus clearly upset them.

Definite pole shift then if the whole planet tumbles South Pole
to North making ancient Egyptian sky maps quite obsolete.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

thank you for the post and welcome to ats, the article seems vague in places and very unscientific. i am not saying a pole shif is not happening, will just have to wait and see.
kx

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have been reading threads like this for a while and while the rumors and reports are running like wild fire I tried to consider what i could do to test this supposition.

1.Magnetic North is different to true North.
2.Find a structure that directs to Magnetic North. (usually found at a maritime museum sculptures. Sundials (old one)
3. Trusty compass. Look at your compass and compare the reading with that of the structure. Is it varying? Is it off?
4. If it ok or not work out the variance record this go home and align/fasten a marker facing magnetic North.
5.For the next few days weeks look at your compass against the reference point. Does it move? Does it oscillate or return a slight shift? Either way record if normal or oscillating/shifting. If so by how many degrees.
6.Graph your results.
7.Analyze your results. Was there anything in your data to indicate that something is happening to the earths magnetic field?
8.If so please share your results with your fellow ATS peers so that we can revue and analyze the data.

This is a relatively simple experiment to undertake and would only take simple discipline to undertake. If you really believe the poles are shifting have some courage for your convictions and test this supposition.

Please do post any intelligent flaws you may see with this experiment and if so why.
Thank you for reading,
Shirak

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Please do post any intelligent flaws you may see with this experiment and if so why.
Shirak

Allow me...

Naval charts already have a factor built in to them for magnetic declination

Magnetic declination

Magnetic declination is the angle between magnetic north (the direction the north end of a compass needle points) and true north. The declination is positive when the magnetic north is east of true north. T

en.wikipedia.org...

Magnetic deviation

Magnetic deviation is the error induced in a compass by local magnetic fields, which must be allowed for, along with magnetic declination, if accurate bearings are to be calculated.

en.wikipedia.org...

Poles moving is nothing new... only the fact that the SPEED has increased is new and significant

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
The Sun's poles must be shifting then.

The Sun's magnetic poles switch approximately 11 years

The Sun Does a Flip

February 15, 2001 -- You can't tell by looking, but scientists say the Sun has just undergone an important change. Our star's magnetic field has flipped.

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one.

"This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle. In fact, it's a good indication that Solar Max is really here."

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

science.nasa.gov...

If the Sun can do it, I don't see why it is so hard to accept that the Earth can do it

Imagine that... what timing

edit on 6-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Shirak
Shirak

Allow me...

Naval charts already have a factor built in to them for magnetic declination

Magnetic declination

Magnetic declination is the angle between magnetic north (the direction the north end of a compass needle points) and true north. The declination is positive when the magnetic north is east of true north. T

en.wikipedia.org...

Magnetic deviation

Magnetic deviation is the error induced in a compass by local magnetic fields, which must be allowed for, along with magnetic declination, if accurate bearings are to be calculated.

en.wikipedia.org...

Poles moving is nothing new... only the fact that the SPEED has increased is new and significant

Ok I was trying to reference True North at the start of the experiment. Magnetic deviation based on location is something else I had not thought of. You have described magnetic deviation however have not indicated how this would affect the experiment.

The Simple experiment I suggests takes a base measurement and looks for deviation change over time. If the poles truly are going to completely shift in a months time there should be a measurable change one can record from any Magnetic North starting point. What am i missing here?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is my favorite part of the article.

When the field shifts, when it fluctuates, when it goes into flux and begins to become unstable anything can happen. And what normally happens is that all hell breaks loose.

Normally???

I didn't know that we had established a "what normally happens" during a pole shift.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

MindSpin!

Kinda makes one wish for a paranoid smilie face.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sounds like tabloid journalism to me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join