It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Polar Shifts causing massive superstorms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ShirakIf the poles truly are going to completely shift in a months time there should be a measurable change one can record from any Magnetic North starting point. What am i missing here?

Perhaps I am not getting the question but the moement of the magnetic pole has been tracked. When it will flip and how fast no one knows because no one has lived through it. But we can see them on the sun... and those flip very quickly when they do

The movement of Earth's north magnetic pole across the Canadian arctic, 1831--2001. Credit: Geological Survey of Canada.

So on that map... if you lived due south of that path, your compass would not change much, nor would the direction on an airport runway but if you lived due east or west of that, your compass would have moved quite a lot

edit on 7-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Ah thank you I understand your point now- I think The the total measurable shift would only be measurable relative to 2 distant reference points? (As per the diagram) Also I noticed the direction seemed to oscillate over time or am I misreading this?

Modification of the experiment would require 2 ATS members at distant points to record their results over time and compare to get the correct shift over time model. If there is indeed a natural magnetic shift of 40 feet per year which is compensated for then how would this cause a total shift?

I have noticed several references to the sun11 year pole shift cycle. We see a "spontaneous or fast shift in this point of reference however we must also consider its known composition (really we dont know whats at the centre) But really isn't this a big ball of catalyzed kinetic energy?

Therefore does this not make its behavior different to the mass contained on our planet? Pole shift speaking.

Sorry about all the questions Im just trying to get my head around the logic behind the postulation that Earths pole shift will follow the Suns behavior.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I carved a compass into my desk 14/15 years ago, I'm still at the same house, but moved into the attached bachelour pad. The desk is still at the correct angle to read from it, and I'm sure the walls are straight enough.

Since the age of twelve I've read about possible pole shifts, and freaked out about the traveling north pole. Whenever I get freaked out I place my little compass over the carving and sigh 'Shoo!' in relief..

Honestly, I've never done research with intent towards pole shifts. As with anything, I take what interests as it arrives.
Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am please help me out, but surely if the pole shift was that bad even my crappy method would show a change?

So on that map... if you lived due south of that path, your compass would not change much, nor would the direction on an airport runway but if you lived due east or west of that, your compass would have moved quite a lot

It might be interesting to see if there's any corellation between sun activity (and/or geological activity*) and the line projected on the map you posted..

*seeing as the indonesian tsunami displaced enough mass to shorten the length of the day and shift the rotation of the axis.

This link is about a Chilean earthquake in 2010, it mentions the Indonesian/Sumatran Tsunami.

This is a wikipedia article on the Indonesian Tsunami. Its well laid out with a lot of info.

This is an excellent source. Thank you for that.
Wow, just read more of that article before posting, and had to look up Paleomagnetism. Scroll down to the only image they have on the page. After seeing that, it looks like we're a li'l' over-due.... eish

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
I dunno folks but I am getting very concerned, wish we truely knew what effects a pole shift is going to have with regards to our survival

This for one.].

Are the poles like that during the shift ,I mean multiple north and south poles?I knew they popped up in different places but not all at once..If this goes down will defiantly Not be something you could ignore, can you say super sunburn as we will be unprotected for an extended period of time ]

edit on 8-2-2011 by paradiselost333 because: whats with this reply box ...going wacky!!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
reply to post by glowsticks

Please search ATS BEFORE posting. This exact article has been posted many times under nearly the exact thread topic. I wish there was an anti-star/flag button because you did not add anything valuable to this discussion. Mods, please close this thread. P.S, sorry for being rough on the OP but this type of post has to stop

Wow,
Been here about two weeks and already running the joint.
Way to go Yosemite Sam. Good thing you're here to keep everybody straight.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually it's not 40 feet, it's forty miles a year towards Siberia.
Seems to correlate with the bird and fish deaths being that they use the earths magnetic field to navigate

Magnetic poles rapid increase in movement...
Earthquakes...
Extreme weather...
Animal deaths worldwide...
Heliosphere collapsing...

I dunno folks but I am getting very concerned, wish we truely knew what effects a pole shift is going to have with regards to our survival

Greetings:

And along those lines of thinking, we are attempting to map "earthquake lights." Is it possible that there is some connection to the pole shift/magnetic field shift?

How about assisting in this project which will correlate earthquake lights, strange sounds and rumblings - before, during, after - and earthquakes? The information collected could possibly lead to some sort of earthquake prediction system here within ATS if the data can be analyzed for some sort of predictive pattern. (Phage, CLP are you out there?) The idea is to collect the correct data from the start - and as soon as possible IMHO.

I, personally, would welcome any advice/help/suggestions/interested parties to make this idea better and a reality sooner.

It might be interesting to see if any of these sounds have "Earthquake Lights" associated with them before/during/after the sounds and an earthquake? Or were there sounds/lights and the EQ hasn't happened as yet - we really do not have enough data to make an informed decision as to the amount of time between events...?

Please help to spread the word to as many people as possible to quickly build the database as this information and map may prove to be quite timely - especially to people in the Yellowstone/New Madrid/West Coast/Alaska areas.

Earthquake Lights Map Live Update

Thank you for your time and consideration.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

tfw

American Red Cross

Dodged a Solar Bullet

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

<< 1  2   >>

join