It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's not exactly a conspiracy, there are many chemicals that are harmful to man and companies knowingly include them in products, often to cut costs.

Our lifespans are still growing. And many people protest these chemicals, if there is enough pressure - those companies knowingly using them will submit.

Don't really see much of a "conspiracy" but hey, someone show me otherwise. Tired of hearing all these depopulation conspiracy theories.
edit on 7/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Macabees

It's good to hear her health has improved. 20 packs per day of anything is a huge number.

I hope everyone here will try for as natural a diet as possible. Aspartame is not a natural substance and it causes much more problems than just this issue. It will also make you gain weight and it is PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE.

Think of it this way. EVERYTHING you put into your mouth is a drug. All food is a drug. It is all down to chemistry once in the mouth. Be very careful when you are dealing with excess. The body has a miraculous ability to take loads of punishment but there is an overload. When the body reaches it's maximum ability to filter out these harmful substances then you are really in for it.

Most substances found in nature and the natural diet is by far the healthiest way to go. Instead of sweet coffee drink black. Sugar in any form is a huge no no for people with weight issues, diabetes, thyroid problems, liver problems...etc...There is no good time for adding sugar to the diet it just adds too many problems. And artificial sugar is even worse believe it or not.

You can also switch to tea instead of soda. Many people drink soda because water is too boring for them. Tea adds flavor and is not horrible for you. The other MAJOR mistake is when eating fast food people drink soda which makes you absorb 300% more fat from that same meal if you had been drinking tea instead. The sugar in the soda causes an insulin response and the high fat meal cannot be dealt with at that point.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
S&F my friend!

However, I did want to point something out:

You mentioned cutting out all tap water. There is no reason to stop drinking tap water. As a matter of fact, time and time again tap water has been shown to be more pure and safe to drink than bottled water. (Source)

I suppose you may be worried about TPTB putting something in Municipal water sources, but why couldn't they be putting the same stuff in bottled water? Personally, I don't worry about it. Tap water tastes good where I live in Texas, and so I buy a couple of cases of bottled water, drink them, and then refill them with tap water. (I like the convenience of the bottles - grab & go!)

My sister drinks Diet Coke (with Aspartame) in large quantities. None of my family likes it, but she just won't quit. Personally, I do my best to avoid caffeine, MSG and aspartame. I try and use common sense when it comes to my food - if God didn't make it, then I don't want to eat it! Now, of course that is a general rule - God also made cyanide and I don't eat that either. One just has to use good judgment and eat as wisely as is possible with whatever knowledge is available.

For a good documentary on this stuff you can check out "Food Inc."

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defenestrator

Originally posted by ghaleon12
....don't people already know this? I suppose with new members and aspartame still being consumed it accounts for all the flags. Try stevia perhaps, as far as all current opinion it seems like there are no ill effects.

But it tastes like ass, Blue Agave tastes better, but the calorie content is astronomical. I just use good cane sugar for cooking and baking.

It doesn't "taste like ass"
If I make hot chocolate, and use all stevia...tried that once, it tastes pretty weird. But you can easily reduce the sugar by half and replace the rest with stevia...actually tastes better than using all sugar.

Xylitol I've heard about as well, but never have tried it. Anyone tried Xylitol before?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm very glad your wife got better! This also hits very close to home for me. When I was still in my single digits, my mother was on her death bed. The symptoms sounded identical to your wife's and, when she quite drinking Diet Pepsi, she got better within weeks. She was seriously told she was dying and nothing could be done.

Aspertame (Nutrasweet) and its continued existence is a testament to capitalism and the beautiful system of letting money determine what is safe for consumption.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't believe that the discovery of it was intended to harm people.

That said, I recently completed a herbal cleanse. Of which aspartame AND refined sugars were cut out, unless natural. (IE fruit, etc..) Unrefined sugar cane was alright, but we decided to follow the cleanse to the letter.

For the first few days, I felt awful. Worse than when I had my first cigarette, first hangover, and withdrawals from when I quit smoking 4 years ago...all wrapped into a couple of days.

I didn't think I was going to make it through, I thought I was having a reaction to the drops, and pills...etc. But I persevered, as most of the side effects were mentioned, and that it meant that I was being cleansed.

After a few more days, I started to feel better. A lot better. Better than I have felt in years. I was operating under my own energy, and had more of it. I now wake up a minute before my alarm, feeling refreshed, less aches and pains in the mornings.

I am, I mean I should say, I was a chronic migraine sufferer. Always carried a bottle of advil migraine liquigels. And if I didn't pre medicate on time, when I could tell I was getting one, I was down for the count for a few days.

It has been over three months for the cleanse, I've decided to eat similarly, I've re introduced small amounts of local whole dairy, wheat products (bread) and coffee was always allowed, even during the cleanse...but only one or two cups a day. But I have cut out the aspartame completely. We buy the brown unrefined sugar as well.

About a week ago, I had half a glass of diet soda. The next day, I felt completely drained, "hungover", shaky, and weird. It lasted most of the day. The next day was better. I truly believe that it was the aspartame.

My wife can drink a case of diet soda in a week...but she is also constantly training for her running. Maybe the extreme exercise helps with getting rid of the aspartame. She also gets migraines sometimes...but only to the tune of once a month or so.

I believe it can be harmful to you, but anything in large amounts can be.

I read in the posts somewhere that someone said aspartame kills laboratory rats. We aren't rats. Chocolate kills dogs. We eat that. But again...eat too much..and yeah, we can die from that too. I believe aspartame to be a bit more sinister than chocolate, just based on how it was discovered.

I think your body works pretty hard to fight the effects of aspartame. I think repeated use is like anything else, it can wear on you, and eventually kill you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Tea,Water,Black Coffee, And the occasional guiness
you'll be fine.
edit on 7-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

This is fine advice. I'll skip the Guinness and stick with homebrew.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
this is mass insanity - the fact that we are poisioning our own food!

ok, I have to admit to not knowing about Aspartame, so having read this and then realising I had just ate a packet of Doritos, I thought for fun I would look up the chemicals online that i had not heard of.

Of the 5 chemicals i didn't know of, 4 have either come under scrutiny or have been actually linked to some disease. This all came from wiki as well.

The one that got me was the last one - potassium chloride. Little did I know, its so lethal, that it is used ''as the third and final drug delivered in the lethal injection process.''

WTF!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My throat always used to tighten after drinking robinsons orange squash along with other side effects and now I know, Aspartame.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Ya know they have caught on that some people are realizing Aspartame is poison , so now they are using NEOTAME. It is pretty much the same thing, but without the warning, and it is being included in many processed/ packaged foods with out being listed as an ingredient. Can we ever win?

They answer is no.

The slammed the last door shut in our faces when they passed the fraudulent Food Safety law in Dec 2010

The Festering Fraud Behind Food Safety Reform.

The Tester "Small Farm" Exemption to S.510 Exposed as a Scam:

A misguided bill, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, may shut down farmer’s markets and “drive out of business local farmers and artisanal, small-scale producers of berries, herbs, cheese, and countless other wares, even when there is in fact nothing unsafe in their methods of production,” warns Walter Olson at Overlawyered.

Ignorance about the law’s broad reach (and how it will be construed by the courts) has thwarted opposition to the bill, which will likely pass Congress. For example, a newspaper claims the bill “doesn’t regulate home gardens.” The newspaper probably assumed that was true because the bill, like most federal laws, only purports to reach activities that affect “interstate commerce.” To an uninformed layperson or journalist, that “sounds as if it might not reach local and mom-and-pop operators at all.” (The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Rosa DeLauro, has sought to forestall opposition to her bill by falsely claiming that that “the Constitution’s commerce clause prevents the federal government from regulating commerce that doesn’t cross state lines.”)

But lawyers familiar with our capricious legal system know better. The Supreme Court ruled in Wickard v. Filburn (1942) that even home gardens (in that case, a farmer’s growing wheat for his own consumption) are subject to federal laws that regulate interstate commerce. Economists and scholars have criticized this decision, but it continues to be cited and followed in Supreme Court rulings, such as those applying federal anti-drug laws to consumption of even home-grown medical marijuana. Indeed, many court decisions allow Congress to define as “interstate commerce” even non-commercial conduct that doesn’t cross state lines...

Lori Robertson of FactCheck.org, who is not a lawyer (she has a B.A. in advertising), claims the bill doesn’t apply to “that tomato plant in your backyard.” As a lawyer, I am skeptical of this claim. (I co-represented the prevailing defendant in the last successful constitutional challenge to federal regulation under the interstate commerce clause, United States v. Morrison (2000) — one of only two cases since the 1930s where the Supreme Court limited, rather than rubberstamped, regulation in the name of “interstate commerce”). And it appears that that the proposed law CAN apply to that tomato plant in your backyard (or Michelle Obama’s garden), since Congress’s power under the Commerce Clause is almost unlimited in the eyes of the courts.

This so-called “food safety” bill may actually make food less safe. Federal regulation often backfires or reduces competition. A classic example is the 2007 child-safety law, the CPSIA, which was based on junk science. It shut down countless thrift stores and entire industries, resulting in children’s books being thrown out and pulled from library shelves by the thousands. It harmed poor people and special-needs kids. It rendered many ordinary bicycles illegal and made motorcycles more dangerous to children.... www.openmarket.org...

The FDA and EPA have already been targeting the Amish for dawn raids on their farms. See Amish Internet blog for a listing of government raids.

Other food legislation related articles:
amishinternet.com...
amishinternet.com...
amishinternet.com...
edit on 7-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but anything that needs to be synthesized in a lab has no place on the dinner table as a flavor additive.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
The list of 599 additives approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes is something every smoker should see. Submitted by the five major American cigarette companies to the Dept. of Health and Human Services in April of 1994, this list of ingredients had long been kept a secret.Tobacco companies reporting this information were:American Tobacco CompanyBrown and WilliamsonLiggett Group, Inc.Philip Morris Inc.R.J. Reynolds Tobacco CompanyWhile these ingredients are approved as additives for foods, they were not tested by burning them, and it is the burningof many of these substances which changes their properties, often for the worse. Over 4000 chemical compounds are created by burning a cigarette, many of which are toxic and/or carcinogenic. Carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrogen cyanide and ammonia are all present in cigarette smoke. Forty-three known carcinogens are in mainstream smoke, sidestream smoke, or both.It's chilling to think about not only how smokers poison themselves, but what others are exposed to by breathing in the secondhand smoke. The next time you're missing your old buddy, the cigarette, take a good long look at this list and see them for what they are: a delivery system for toxic chemicals and carcinogens.Cigarettes offer people only a multitude of smoking-related diseases and ultimately death.
The List of 599 Additives in CigarettesAcetanisoleAcetic AcidAcetoinAcetophenone6-Acetoxydihydrotheaspirane2-Acetyl-3- Ethylpyrazine2-Acetyl-5-MethylfuranAcetylpyrazine2-Acetylpyridine3-Acetylpyridine2-AcetylthiazoleAconitic Aciddl-AlanineAlfalfa ExtractAllspice Extract,Oleoresin, and OilAllyl HexanoateAllyl IononeAlmond Bitter OilAmbergris TinctureAmmoniaAmmonium BicarbonateAmmonium HydroxideAmmonium Phosphate DibasicAmmonium SulfideAmyl AlcoholAmyl ButyrateAmyl FormateAmyl Octanoatealpha-AmylcinnamaldehydeAmyris Oiltrans-AnetholeAngelica Root Extract, Oil and Seed OilAniseAnise Star, Extract and OilsAnisyl AcetateAnisyl AlcoholAnisyl FormateAnisyl PhenylacetateApple Juice

Legalised murder !
A friend of my fathers was a tobacco farmer and he told me that if I knew what was on and in the tobacco I wouldn't be smoking I definitely got the message and quit smoking.You can tell smokers these things until your blue in the face and it won't faze them in the least,these are die hard addicts I believe its worse than heroine addiction.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I had a terrible experience with the artificial sweetener Sucralose (Splenda). I started using it to help me lose some weight. I was using Splenda in my coffee instead of sugar. After a while I started using Splenda to replace sugar in everything.

After several months I started to develope severe pain in my joints. I would wake up and my knee or elbow would be swollen and I couldn't move it. It was like I sprained my joint but I know I didn't do anything physically to it.
It would go away after a day or two only to return in another joint. My neck and back would hurt, it was painful to walk because my knees ached. One day I woke up and my lower back hurt so much that I could not even stand up straight. I had to crawl to the bathroom. I really thought I had some horrible disease. I went to my doctor and he couldn't find anything wrong. I started researching my symtoms and found some information on Sucralose. It's made with Chlorine. The chlorine builds up in your joints and causes severe pain and swelling after using it for a while.

I stopped using Splenda and my joints pains went away and never returned. I stopped using it back in 2007 and I have had no problems ever since. Stick to natural sugar, just use less of it. These artifical sweeteners are poison.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I umderstand that aspartame is an excitotoxin, but could somebody explain how it makes you lose weight. I believe aspartame mostly effects people who are sensitive to phenalalynine. Sorry for the bad spelling. I mean, aspartame drinks are usually zero calories and calories are units of heat or energy that help us gain or loss weight. Unless its effecting hormone levels of some kind i dont believe the weight loss part. Also, apartame drinks have caffiene, and caffiene makes your body burn more calories. I know at millions and millions of people use aspartame and we sure dont have millions and millions of people with MS

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Nononono...gentleman jack all the way. Mmmmmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
When diet sodas first started using aspartame, I noticed right away that drinking one would give me a mild migraine. Obviously I avoid these artificial sweeteners. It wouldn't surprise me if they cause more serious medical issues when consumed regularly long term.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh, in case you didnt know phenylalanine is in beer, alcohol, cocoa powder, teas, wheat starch, wheat bran, white bread, cheese cakes, cornflakes, custard,doughnuts, milk pudding, pizza, scones, pancakes, rice, cheese, eggs, pasta, butter, cod, crab, salmon, tuna, avacado, apricots, beef, bacon, chicken, duck, nuts... The list goes on and on. Virtually any food that has protein has phenylanine.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I can relate a personal story on aspartame, someone I know was getting major symptoms of all kind of illness, the worst being severe stomach pains, doctors told him it was his imagination, lucky for him that a friend of his who knew he was addicted to diet coke told me to stop drinking it and within two weeks all the symptoms went away. He also stopped eating anything that contained aspartame.

I think many people are ill from aspartame and have no idea why they are sick, their doctors are not asking the question.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Lots of you posting about headaches might be phenylketonuric. Caffiene is a vasoconstrictor and can easily lead to headaches.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I avoid all artificial sweeteners, especially aspartame. When I drink anything with it, I know immediately. I will get a strange feeling in my throat, then my head will begin aching at the top and at the rear base of my skull. I will also have a slightly upset stomach as well as a short time later 'hot flashes' and a light sweat.

I ONLY drink Water and occasionally soy milk. A lot of the problems I had previously vanished once I did so.

Stevia is also a good replacement for sugar and has actually been shown to be highly beneficial to health, so your wife could try that, plus it doesn't have the calories.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join