It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Someone made a comment about just sticking to water, wonderin what's in it. I have to say it. Flouride. Also, aluminum is being found more and more.

To the guy who said he's allergic to mint and brought up peanut allergies.
The mint allergy sounds psychosemantic, like you drank too many mojitos when you were younger, got real sick and can't take the smell anymore. Just an example.
As far as nuts are concerned, manufacturers are required to list nuts on labels and put warnings on labels of things that are made around nuts. Aspartame can be listed as natual flavoring.

My own experience. I used to not like mountain dew, then I had a girlfriend who drank almost nothing else, and forced me to drink it. After a few days I was hooked on the way it made me feel even though I still didn't like the taste. Not too long ago I tried the md throw back and I couldn't take more than a few sps. I'm going to try myself to stop drinking soda now. Tomorrow I'm going to go half the day without to see how I feel, then I'm going to drink a dew and see how I feel. After that no more pop.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well it's only been a few days of not drinking anything but water, and a few glasses of natural juice here and there.

I usually wake up a few times throughout the night, and take quite a long time go get to sleep in the first place. Last couple nights I've been sleeping great, and I woke up about an hour earlier than I usually do, and wasn't groggy for the first half of the day.

The better sleep could just be from not drinking the caffeine that's in the soda, as I would usually drink nothing but diet dr pepper. Overall just after a few days my sleep quality has improved, whether from the lack of caffeine or Aspartame doesn't really matter to me, I feel better already.

I feel a bit better in general, and my appetite for sweets and fatty foods seems lower than usual.

Not sure if this is all in my head or what, but if things continue to improve I think I'm definitely off soda for life.

Many thanks go to the OP, and many apologies for being so skeptical in the first place. I'd urge anyone on the fence to just give it a try, can't hurt ya, and you might be surprised!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I agree with you that this is something to really watch out for, Its better to drink normal soda rather that diet due to this,

As a diabetic I was shocked when my doctor said if I absolutely had to drink soda drink reg soda and take my read readings soon after rather than drink diet. I was doubly affected because my diet soda of choice was canfields diet chocolate soda which has twice as much aspartame as other sodas.

For the past 6 weeks I have had 4 days if that where I haven't woken up to spend the first 4 hrs of the day vomiting heavily and wondering if this was it for me. I threw away the 2 cases of coke zero that I had in the cupboard for the week and tossed all the splenda for my coffee in favor of natural honey.. It may be a case of finding out too late but for today it is all I can do.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

This is great news. No issues with the skepticism, if I hadn't of seen it first hand; I would probably have reacted the same way. Sleep is so important, glad to see you getting some positive results. Check back in a couple of more days and let us all know how you are doing.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

Another post right above this the poster has gone two days and slept through the night. He had some good things to say about it. Please check back here and let us know how you are doing. I imagine there some folks on the fence awaiting replies.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The Newest Dangerous Sweetener to Hit Your Food Shelves... Posted By Dr. Mercola | February 08 2011 |

articles.mercola.com...

Since 2002 an artificial sweetener called neotame has been approved for use in food and drink products around the world, although so far its use appears to be very limited. Neotame is a chemical derivative of aspartame, and judging by the chemicals used in its manufacturing, it appears even more toxic than aspartame, although the proponents of neotame claim that increased toxicity is not a concern, because less of it is needed to achieve the desired effect.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I RESEARCHED THE EFFECTS OF ASPARTAME A FEW YEARS AGO. ITS NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD WILLINGLY TAKE. IVE BAND ANYTHING THAT CONTAINS THE 'A' FROM MY CUPBOARDS, TRIED TO TEACH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY OF ITS POISONESS EFFECTS. TROUBLE IS IS THAT IT IS IN ALL KINDS OF FOOD AND DRINKS. MOST DRINKS THAT ARE SUGER FREE CONTAIN THE 'A' . EVEN CHRISPS (POTATO CHIPS) CONTAIN IT AND CIDER DRINKS. ITS VERY HARD TO MONITOR WHAT CONTAINS IT. IF YOUR CHILD HAS SCHOOL MEALS THEN THEY ARE DEFINATLY TAKING IT IN DAILY.
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BAND IN THE 80'S , BUT IT HAS MADE 'SEARS PHARMACUTICALS BILLIONS OF DOLLERS, WHICH KEEPS THEM AND THERE SHARE HOLDERS VERY VERY HAPPY , AND ALSO MAKES ALL 'ILL' ,WHICH IS WHAT PHARMACUTICAL GIANTS WANT--SO WE BUY THERE PRODUCTS TO GET BETTER. ITS JUST GOOD OL BUSINESS FOR THEM.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunkasshole
aspartame is the chemical that will secretly kill us all. its in our drinks, our foods, its even federal law that ALL municipal water supplies have to add it to drinking water. it has NO health benefits, or cleansing agents, its only harmful to the human body. so why is it mandatory?

BILDERBERG GROUP

"THE OBAMA DECEPTION"
watch it.

show some proof in print,,,, alex jones is a fearmonger and constantly overstates and stretches truth to arrive at a conclusion that is sensational,,,,
i googled it,,,, and there is no proof,,,,,,, except for 2 thread on godlike productions,,, which only one was credible,,,, a study that concluded using aspartame pills could reduce appetite and food intake,,,,, and they may do further small studies on it,,,, which would of course be voluntary

there is no one adding it to water supplies,,,,, totally false

now it is showing up in water supplies as a result of used water,,, recycled thru wastewater,,,, ie pee,,,,, like medicines are,,,,,,, and on that point ,,,,, the one's hyping this fact are companies, webpages trying to sell 2 stage filtration systems...... and have no documents, percentages, frequencies of it occuring,,, factual statements

so as a result of food ingestion, and waste eliminination,,, and our circular city water systems ,,,, yes aspartame may be in water,,,,,

but no one anywhere is purposely adding it

show me proof
edit on 16-2-2011 by shortywarn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

Someone made a comment about just sticking to water, wonderin what's in it. I have to say it. Flouride. Also, aluminum is being found more and more.

It is my own well water and has been tested. It helps to have been a chemist who ran a lab with all that nice high tech equipment when the well was drilled.

Believe me after spending several years responsible for the care and feeding of DI water systems for chemical plants, I DO NOT drink city water. You would not believe the crap that is in that water! In one case the water was SO bad we could not treat it successfully and I ended up getting fired.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
another additive in soft drinks, this time ''caramel colour'', deemed unsafe:

www.mydaily.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Thanks for that advice on Mexican super markets. As a matter of fact I bought a coke products in a real glass bottle from a food vendor at a local auto recycle yard not to long ago. The coke-a cola- tasted very good too, it did have cane sugar, it was from Mexico too. I never thought to going to a Mexican super market. I think I'll pay some stores where I live a visit and see what else they have.

I only drink coke once in a great while, but it was different than what is sold in the U.S. Chain stores and did not make me sick. Now i know why my friend go's to the Mexican super markets, My friend is also diabetic.

Thanks Again.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Sometimes I notice words that look funny or unnatural and then i pick the word apart, to try and see what it means, and where it came from. It's an interesting habit i've recently developed and even though i'm not sure if what i'm on to is important or 100% valid, it's still interesting and i'll share.

Aspartame. First you gotta split the word aspar-tame. Now we have two distinct words but what do they mean, to our version of language aspar and tame don't necessarily form much of anything.

Aspar, via wiktionary, is plural of asp; asp, a venomous viper. (poison)
Tame, something that's not wild. Things that aren't very wild are usually quiet.
aspartmae = quiet poison.

Some one also mentioned neotame, this one is easy. neo-tame, neo is simply new; it's a new quiet.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well I am now on week 2 (or so) of my "fast"

Still definitely sleeping better. I don't think I have awoken in the middle of the night at all, which I usually do several times. In the morning I can get up and going a lot faster.

I had a headache almost every other day for a little while, not sure if it was some sort of withdrawals or something, I've been drinking plenty of water and some juice so I shouldn't be dehydrated. Perhaps my tap water isn't too great either. Haven't had a headache in several days now though, so I'm just leaning towards something unrelated, or withdrawals.

It seems like I have put on a few pounds and want to eat more for some reason. I read side effects can be weight loss or weight gain, so maybe I was lucky and lost weight while drinking it, and now that I'm not I'm just going back to where I would have been.

Another theory is that the carbonation of soda made me feel fuller, so I would eat less.

Overall still feeling "better" but it seems I need to start improving my diet, I'm sure I'll feel even better then.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i have a story aabout aspartame, first off id like to say that aspartame should not be aloud in anything that people consume or even use.

about 4 years ago while i was still in highschool i use to drink alot of diet soft drinks whether they were coca-cola or pepse products after a while i started to get really bad migraines. they would start off with an aura in both of my eyes that were diablitiating for anyone who suffers from migraines they know what im taking about, after about 20 minutes the migraine would be in full force and would last for hours sounds and even light made the situation worse. i consulted a neurological doctor after i got my 3rd migraine and he asked me if i consume anything with aspartame in it like diet soda's. he told my parents and myself that aspartame is and artificial sweetener that has been known to cause many health problems. since i have stopped drinking diet soda and anything with aspartame in it i have had no further episodes with migraines.

id figrure i would share this with everyone......stay away from this # its poison

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Since we're sharing anecdotes...

I can have a coke and rum or crown and coke with regular coke just fine. I just don't do sugar. So everytime I switch to diet coke I end up with a headache. Only when I mix with alcohol.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macabees
Hello ATS,

And then a couple of months ago after reading an article on a conspiracy site we agreed to stop the Equal in the coffee. She loves equal, to the tune of 20 packs a day in her coffee. We swapped that for sugar and she told me last night that the problems are gone after a couple of weeks, and she is starting to lose weight.

This was month one:

At month two, we cutout all sodas, tap water, and she is 100 percent back to her old self. If you drink Aspartame; you should be aware that when reheated, it turns to formaldehyde. If you continue the course you can get full blown MS, including tiny holes in your brain.

Thank you.. For this post

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have found this thread very eyeopening! I will admit, I am one of those women who has heard of the dangers of aspartame and other sweetners but I have chose to ignore the warnings because it seems that everything is bad for you in one way or another. I read through the thread a few days ago and since then, I have not been able to stop thinking about my situation and how I am not being true to myself by trying everything I can to get well.

A long story short, I have been sick for awhile now with symptoms of fatigue, stomach issues and general malaise. Blood work has shown nothing and I don't feel my doctor is taking me seriously. I have managed to lose almost 100 pounds over a year and a half while improving my diet, getting off blood pressure and diabetes meds and even quitting smoking last year. You would think I would feel much better but I feel ill most days. I felt better as a fat person, something is not quite right. During my weight loss journey, I substituted all sugar for Splenda and I used Crystal Light with aspartame to drink. I have drank 2-4 aspartame drinks every day for a year and a half, as well as 2-8 packets of Splenda for tea. This isn't even including the sweetners in foods, although I do try to avoid a lot of processed things.
I am happy to report that I have decided to eliminate sweetners from my diet for two weeks to see if my health improves at all. I will admit that has been hard since I started yesterday because my only options are plain water with lemon and stevia for my tea, which I find bitter. I don't drink real sugar drinks at all. I will report back if I have good results with this. For my sake, I sincerely hope I have good news
I am glad to see others are trying this as well. There is power in numbers and I know I can do this!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join