It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Thank you for sharing this.

Interesting because my grandmother drank a lemon lime soda pop every day of her life. One in the morning time or at evening because she loved the taste. The rest of her day she drank water. She lived to be 92 and was in good health most of her life. People that I know drinking diet are sickly, overweight, and have all kinds of complaints on their health and vitality.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Apologies if this has already been done, below is a list of food products containing aspartame:

supersweetblog.wordpress.com... ame/

Aspartame List (Sodas)

Aspartame Symptoms List

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have one question ...is aspartame in one of these ?

edit on 7-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I keep telling people that aspartame is bad for you and to stay away from it, unfortunately I have a hard time listening to my own advice as I just opened my first diet Pepsi of the day, I will seriously try to make this my only one. I recently quit drinking (beer/alcohol) cold turkey, it's been 15 days now and I do feel better but I realized a few days ago that I'm drinking upwards of 5 sodas a day. I'm wondering if my body is missing something without all of the beer and that's why I suddenly crave soda like never before. Thank you op for making this thread I will try my best this week to cut out soda completely.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Thanks Buddy, I agree with you on some of the posts regarding vaccinations How can people when its even stamped on your forehead still be so ignorant? Then again what we are talking about is designed to do just that to the human mind, slow down thinking! as we can see it works on the many.

this is a bit freaky though. I was continuing a thread on here when my partner and the little chef came home (last 10 minutes) The nurse was unable to attend the clinic today and as we live in a rural area the appointment has had to be re arranged. As of yet he has not had them maybe its a sign! I dont feel so bad now that is for sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i used to drink 15-20 red bulls a day, then i switched to sugar free red bull.

same amount for about a year.

i'm ok, cost a fortune but nooooottthhhhiiinng wrong wiiiiirttthrhh meeem!

did you hear that?

sounded like purple?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It sucks that I started reading this thread just as I started on my 44oz. Diet Mt. Dew.

Dang. I guess I should dump it.

Can man live by beer and water alone?

I guess there's always tea.

Fine.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by harry ashburn

It's not just in diet soda anymore. It's in all you'r favorite normal soda too. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: wrong link

That thread was focusing on DIET mountain dew.

I'm looking at my 2-liter of cherry pepsi right now: Carbonated water, High Fructose corn syrup, caramel color, SUGAR, Phosphoric acid, "natural flavor", caffeine, citric acid.

From a can of coke, not diet: Same thing, minus sugar(wtf, didnt know that) and citric acid. Well now...I suppose this raises a valid question: how does coke taste so great without having sugar added to it?

No mention of aspartame.
Definitely still not good for you.
But not as bad as poison.

I'm going to get a bottle of regular dew today and check it for myself though, i was always under the impression that artificial sweeteners were in diet things..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Macabees

Yeah, your right. There was another thread which posted a link about some testing it out by mixing it with honey to try and attract ants and guess what? The ants actually covered up the mixture with bits of leaves and twigs to warn other ants! Can you believe this? Ants working together but us humans....

-Naeem

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i used to drink 15-20 red bulls a day

I'm amazed your heart didn't explode. Way to go, champ.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
OP, I'm sorry your wife suffered for so long. And I am glad she did not give up on seeking the answer.

My sister, a nurse, had a range of ailments that were baffling doctors. One even had her go to a psychiatrist, thinking it was a psychosomatic ailment.

She knew there was something wrong, and she knew it wasn't in her head.

The 21st doctor YES, DOCTOR #21 my sister went to was a young doctor, pretty much fresh out of school. He immediately recognized the ailments as being relative to a tick bite.

Sure enough, it was hard to find, but the doctor located the tick and tick marks. With medication my sister was right as rain again.

So - don't give up! Doctors are only people, they are not perfect.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I don't drink soft drinks in general, and keep a close watch on the juices and teas that are advertised as "anti-oxidant".

why? Is it because they may contain aspartame or is there something wrong with antioxdants? Serious question because I've been drinking Lipton's green tea that says it contains anti-oxidants. (I know what an antioxidant is and it's just another product money-making scheme. Lots, if not all, fresh fruits and veggies and a ton of other things have them naturally.) I just don't want to drink this tea if there is a potential health issue with it. I like it but not that much.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
....don't people already know this? I suppose with new members and aspartame still being consumed it accounts for all the flags. Try stevia perhaps, as far as all current opinion it seems like there are no ill effects.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigern
I keep telling people that aspartame is bad for you and to stay away from it, unfortunately I have a hard time listening to my own advice as I just opened my first diet Pepsi of the day, I will seriously try to make this my only one. I recently quit drinking (beer/alcohol) cold turkey, it's been 15 days now and I do feel better but I realized a few days ago that I'm drinking upwards of 5 sodas a day. I'm wondering if my body is missing something without all of the beer and that's why I suddenly crave soda like never before. Thank you op for making this thread I will try my best this week to cut out soda completely.

I too am a sober alcoholic. Coca-Cola was my favorite replacement, still is. I think its a substitute. You still get liquid refreshment, carbonation, and flavor from soda. I drink an insane amount of Cokes daily. My weight ballooned and I don't have many teeth left. But I don't miss the hang-overs, dehydration, headaches, painful bowel movements, constant urination and empty wallet.
I also don't miss the stupid things I would do that seemed like such great ideas when I was drunk. Alcohol is just one more way of controlling the masses IMHO. Beating the drink was the hardest thing I've ever done, and I'm so thankful to be back in control of myself. Best of luck to you my friend.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
....don't people already know this? I suppose with new members and aspartame still being consumed it accounts for all the flags. Try stevia perhaps, as far as all current opinion it seems like there are no ill effects.

But it tastes like ass, Blue Agave tastes better, but the calorie content is astronomical. I just use good cane sugar for cooking and baking.
Eat whole foods, people, buy local and non-GMO, and COOK!!! Grow a dang garden, if you're drinking 32oz of any type of soda that's too damn much!
I'm just saying.
You don't have to go vegan or join a commune, just eat smart, and know TPTB are actively trying to poison us.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This makes me glad that I never consume anything that says "diet" on it.

And I'm also glad that your wife is doing much better after cutting Aspartame out of her diet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm glad things are better for her. I can definitely say I had some serious issues with products that contain aspartame. I drank diet Mountain Dew for years. Don't know why I started drinking it, I was a sweet tea person. I never felt good, I was always drained and very sick. I gained a ton of weight, I'm 5'3 and was always small, never over 120lbs. I go to my wonderful doc to talk to her about how I felt and about losing weight, I'd gotten up to 180. She tells me I have depression (bull), puts me on Paxil and tells me just to watch my calories, but I could drink anything I wanted but that I really should stick with diet soda if I were to drink sodas. So, that's what I did. Never lost weight and was always "puffy" looking, and had pretty bad GI problems. I wound up pregnant in 2003, and didn't want to keep taking the meds, but the doc tells me, no problem, take them, won't harm the baby. I took myself off of them, and let me tell you, if you have ever gone through withdrawal from an antidepressant, you know what kind of hell that is. I stopped drinking the Dew too. I actually lost weight while I was pregnant, and was still healthy. I stuck with water and lemon or tea with sugar or honey. And man am I glad I listened to my gut about the Paxil while pregnant. Anyways, I felt entirely different, and I'm positive the way I felt was because of the diet drinks.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Tea,Water,Black Coffee, And the occasional guiness
you'll be fine.
edit on 7-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

you'll be fine.

mmmm...now I want a Guinness.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

you'll be fine.

You never said a truer word, chief!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join