It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Are you people not reading my posts. Phenylalanine is in almost any food that has protein in it!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Caffiene will kill you way before aspartame will. I dont claim to know everything but i have been a personal trainer and dietitian for 9 years now. If anybody has better credentials then that please let me know. Doesn't really matter because it seems doctors are telling you its all in your head and you don't listen to them, why should you listen to a trainer, dietitian or doctor. Just keep listening to yourselves guys, and all the other quacks online. You'll get really far in life

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Please forgive if you've already covered this -
A popular, mainstream magazine called 'The Ecologist' did a piece on Aspartame on August 30th 2005. Pat Thomas wrote:-
(that) "...aspartame was listed by the Pentagon as a biochemical warfare agent".
We haven't touched it, wittingly, for years and our kids know to avoid it. They can always tell if something contains the stuff...
www.theecologist.org

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gilgamesh12

If I recall correctly both Caffeine and Aspartame effect (increase) the insulin levels in the blood. The level of insulin tells the body whether or not to store fat. It also encourages our bodies to convert the excess sugar to fat. The other problem is the "low fat" craze. Fat is an absolute necessity. (NOT the artificial margarine/fast food kind) My Mom almost died from eating too little fat. It is called rabbit starvation.

Fat sedates the appetite. Sugar/carbohydrate stimulates the appetite. So do artificial sweeteners When the body breaks down fat, ketones are formed and the appetite is naturally suppressed. Fat is also retained in the gut longer leading to the feeling of fullness and sedation. Further, your body can't use stored fat as fuel when insulin is present.

Stevia is a herb whose juice contains no calories, contains the import chromium mineral that helps regulate insulin, and is very sweet.

Personally I just quit using almost ALL sugar/sweeteners and salt (Na/Cl not KCl). I try to keep my carbs to a minimum also. My nightly reflux went away and my blood pressure dropped from 170/140 to 115/70 with no medication. My Doctor was shocked at how good my Cholesterol/triglycerides were especially given my weight and age.

The establishment of course is still, despite fifty years of evidence, pushing the food pyramid with lots of cheap carbohydrates. USA carb consumption went from about 15 carbs before the twentieth century to thirty carbs to the present day consumption of 300 carbs. Lets face it Junk food and food laced with salt and sugar to MAKE you eat more is a recent invention of the Food/Pharma Cartel that RUNS the FDA and the USDA.

If you do not believe the cartel exist see the research papers by Purdue University: www.agecon.purdue.edu...

A Partial listing of the papers available:

THE FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL GLOBAL CARTELS OF THE 1990s:

THE GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME: FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS OF THE 1990s - March 1, 2003

The Great Global Vitamins Conspiracy

A Critique of Leniency for Cartels by the U.S. Department of Justice

How High Do Cartels Raise Prices? Implications for Reform of the Antitrust Sentencing Guidelines

INTERNATIONAL PRICE FIXING: RESURGENCE AND DETERRENCE

Review of Global Price Fixing 21: 325–327, 2002.

Private International Cartels

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Guess what: too much of anything is bad for you!

At high enough levels, every single substance that exists is toxic. Does that mean that everything is a poison? Only if we choose the egregiously oversimplified position that the situation is black and white; things either are or aren't poison, or they are simply "good" or "bad." Stop thinking like that, it's wrong! In order to understand the reality, we have to accept that it is nuanced. Things aren't just good or bad; certain amount of things are necessary or beneficial or neutral, while deficiencies or overconsumption of these same things are toxic.

We all need trace amounts of heavy metals (iron is in every red blood cell) yet we're all aware that heavy metals are poisonous at higher levels; we all need cholesteral (it's fundamental to the structure of every cell in your body) but we know too much will harm our cardiovascular system; and we all need salt (the ions that it turns into in your body are necessary for your nervous system to function at all), but we know too much will lower our life expectancy. Even water can be toxic at high enough levels; it can cause imbalances in electrolytes and even swell your brain.

I sympathize with you and your wife, but there is no conspiracy going on here. For the vast majority of people consuming aspartame at low levels it is perfectly safe. As far as I can tell - and I've taken my fair share graduate level biochemisty and biology courses - the danger of aspartame is two fold. Both of these dangers come from the metabolic products of the compound. One danger only applies to a small portion of the population who have to limit their intake of the amino acid phenylalanine because of a genetic condition. Aspartame is broken down in a number of substances including phenylalanine, and this is harmless to people without the genetic condition. The other danger comes from methanol, which is another substance that aspartame is broken down into. Methanol is relatively toxic (it is broken down further into compounds which are directly toxic). However, consumption of aspartame in "normal" quantities (a diet soft-drink here and there, or a packet or two in coffee) posses almost no danger because the potentially dangerous metabolic products are broken down and excreted faster than they are formed.

Consider that aspartame is used as an alternative to sugar, and that diabetes and obesity are epidemic in this country. The caloric content of aspartame at conventional doses is negligible, meaning that it doesn't contribute to weight gain to nearly the extent that real sugar does. It also doesn't affect blood sugar, so it's an acceptable sugar substitute for diabetics. Considering that aspartame can contribute greatly to a reduction in these two major health problems, there is a strong incentive to promote its use. Aspartame related health problems occur at a vastly lower rate than obesity or diabetes, so the idea that aspartame is the lesser of two evils (the other "evil" being real sugar) should be taken seriously.

I don't think the government is out to kill anyone with aspartame. I think they set out to approve and promote a substance which can replace and reduce real sugar, which we know contributes immensly to two of the most significant diseases afflicting the population. I think it's almost certain that aspartame is doing more good in reducing sugar consumption than harm in its potential toxicity at high levels. It's not a miracle cure, and it's certainly not perfect, but used reasonably it can be beneficial overall.

Remember, everything in moderation. If you consume 20 or more of anything on a daily basis, it's probably not good for you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Aspartame is just another reason you KNOW our mainstream media is a complete FRAUD as well as our government. This stuff is a DEADLY poison and only through pure evil did it get passed AFTER it was denied the first time they tried. Hell has a nice warm spot waiting for Rumsfield for his direct involvement in the killing of millions worldwide with Aspartame.

Spread the truth about Aspartame to everybody you can. If they don't stop using the stuff, they will suffer horrible health and eventual death. If they continue to use it after you show them the research then at least you did all you could to save them.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gilgamesh12
Caffiene will kill you way before aspartame will. I dont claim to know everything but i have been a personal trainer and dietitian for 9 years now. If anybody has better credentials then that please let me know. Doesn't really matter because it seems doctors are telling you its all in your head and you don't listen to them, why should you listen to a trainer, dietitian or doctor. Just keep listening to yourselves guys, and all the other quacks online. You'll get really far in life

I have learned to listen to my body. Not a doctor who told me it was ok to take dangerous meds for depression while pregnant, whan it was NOT depression. If it's in a package, I don't eat it. And I have taught my 6 year old how to grow vegetables and care for them without pesticides. I had no choice but to change her eating habits and her way of thinking, she's almost 80lbs. As a trainer, would you mind helping me out a bit for her sake? Is real sugar THAT bad? I give her "clean" food. For example, her dinner may be baked salmon, steamed vegs, and 1% milk. I know what artificial crap does to you, and I know my doc probably doesn't know any better....or hers. Or maybe they don't give a hoot.
I should add, she is very active
edit on 7-2-2011 by irishiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i don't doubt or disagree with anyone on dangers

but the problem i see,,,,,,

unless,,, as in this story of 20 packets a day,,,, most will never see a huge dibilitating affect from this toxin.... we take in just enuff to not notice drastic change,,, and will only see a cumulative effect down the line and never piece it together back to the cause aspartame

just like flouride,,,, just enuff to cause suttle unnoticeable damage,,,, which to me, is the truly evil plot behind this stuff

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
Guess what: too much of anything is bad for you!

At high enough levels, every single substance that exists is toxic. Does that mean that everything is a poison? Only if we choose the egregiously oversimplified position that the situation is black and white; things either are or aren't poison, or they are simply "good" or "bad." Stop thinking like that, it's wrong! In order to understand the reality, we have to accept that it is nuanced. Things aren't just good or bad; certain amount of things are necessary or beneficial or neutral, while deficiencies or overconsumption of these same things are toxic.

We all need trace amounts of heavy metals (iron is in every red blood cell) yet we're all aware that heavy metals are poisonous at higher levels; we all need cholesteral (it's fundamental to the structure of every cell in your body) but we know too much will harm our cardiovascular system; and we all need salt (the ions that it turns into in your body are necessary for your nervous system to function at all), but we know too much will lower our life expectancy. Even water can be toxic at high enough levels; it can cause imbalances in electrolytes and even swell your brain.

I sympathize with you and your wife, but there is no conspiracy going on here. For the vast majority of people consuming aspartame at low levels it is perfectly safe. As far as I can tell - and I've taken my fair share graduate level biochemisty and biology courses - the danger of aspartame is two fold. Both of these dangers come from the metabolic products of the compound. One danger only applies to a small portion of the population who have to limit their intake of the amino acid phenylalanine because of a genetic condition. Aspartame is broken down in a number of substances including phenylalanine, and this is harmless to people without the genetic condition. The other danger comes from methanol, which is another substance that aspartame is broken down into. Methanol is relatively toxic (it is broken down further into compounds which are directly toxic). However, consumption of aspartame in "normal" quantities (a diet soft-drink here and there, or a packet or two in coffee) posses almost no danger because the potentially dangerous metabolic products are broken down and excreted faster than they are formed.

Consider that aspartame is used as an alternative to sugar, and that diabetes and obesity are epidemic in this country. The caloric content of aspartame at conventional doses is negligible, meaning that it doesn't contribute to weight gain to nearly the extent that real sugar does. It also doesn't affect blood sugar, so it's an acceptable sugar substitute for diabetics. Considering that aspartame can contribute greatly to a reduction in these two major health problems, there is a strong incentive to promote its use. Aspartame related health problems occur at a vastly lower rate than obesity or diabetes, so the idea that aspartame is the lesser of two evils (the other "evil" being real sugar) should be taken seriously.

I don't think the government is out to kill anyone with aspartame. I think they set out to approve and promote a substance which can replace and reduce real sugar, which we know contributes immensly to two of the most significant diseases afflicting the population. I think it's almost certain that aspartame is doing more good in reducing sugar consumption than harm in its potential toxicity at high levels. It's not a miracle cure, and it's certainly not perfect, but used reasonably it can be beneficial overall.

Remember, everything in moderation. If you consume 20 or more of anything on a daily basis, it's probably not good for you.

What utter crap! Aspartame is one of the main reasons that diabetes is at an all time high and I should know as up until 5 years ago, I used so much of the stuff due to weight problems, I bought diet drinks, diet food and suger free products, not only did I suffer from regular headaches, various health issues but i was diagnosed with diabetes, Don't tell me it's ok in small quantities, ITS NOT! It's poison and its profitable, do you understand?

If governments and food corporations cared about us as human beings they would be using Stevia or Xylotol in their products and eliminate this deadly poison.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I heard on the news last night that a new study showed that 64% of kids identified as ADD in fact where suffering from a food or food additive allergy and the #1 culprit was Aspartane. The doctor was able to "cure" those 64% of the kids with a simple change in diet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gilgamesh12

so listen to a trainer,,, with what a year or two of training,,,come on,,,, wonder if i'd be skeptical

of course doctors get little to no training in nutrition either

and i'm not saying your uninformed,,, but many trainers are people who couldn't finish more advanced education,,, nutritionists as well. and you'll get different asnswers to the same questions

but with the internet,,, and info, studies and such at your fingertips,,,,, everyone can inform themselves and make a wise decision on there own

everyone always wants someone else to tell them,,,,,, inform yourself

i thought corn syrup was so bad,,,, but when i got really into it,,,, it's still half glucose, sucrose,,,,, sugar is just as bad or maybe less,,,,,,, but the process for hetting corn syrup adds to it's negative properties

but it made me rethink i was a little startled to learn HFCS wasn't as bad as many say

i through reading ,researching all sides gained important knowledge

edit on 7-2-2011 by shortywarn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How does anybody accidentally lick their finger??????

Anyways. I certainly don't think aspartame is a healthy substitute (no benefit). And I tend to avoid consuming it. However, there is one major determining factor that denotes the toxicity of any chemical: DOSE!!!!

Please remember just how very sweet aspartame per gram than is sucrose, fructose and other sweeteners. It doesn't take much. And at extremely low dosage, aspartame has shown to have no negative effects on the body in the short term, according to most well designed studies.

Most of the animal studies, using rats and such, use very large doses. The OP's anecdote would also count as a large dose. There aren't any reliable long term studies on the effects of low-dose consumption of aspartame.

What we do know: In large amounts, aspartame can be detrimental to one's health when consumed frequently. Short term studies suggest that low-dose intake can be consumed safely by most individuals. The effects of low-dose consumption of aspartame in the long-term are unknown.

edit on 7-2-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Aspartame is simply a "poison" and I had the first hand experience with it's side effect.

For year or two I pretty much drank a 2L pop on a weekly bases.. I enjoy carbonated drinks... don't know why but I do
Any who I started drinking the diet pop and what not because the regular drinks were just too sweet. Knowing that Aspartame is bad for you, I disregarded it's effect, assuming I had to drink every day to actually get sick from it.... I realized within a years time...

- I felt tired and had a hard time focusing
- It actually made me more hungry... (weird behind "diet")
- and the worse of all, I started getting very bad stomach cramps in the morning, it got so bad that I used to wake up everyday because of the stomach pain.

I thought it was allergy to some food, or the type of food I was eating. I went to the clinic did all the testing possible and result was normal. The pain got worse and worse, to a point that I felt like I was becoming disabled. I then read an online document saying that Aspartame used on mice in lab has shown that the inner stomach lining was melting... I was shocked to hear this. So I stopped drinking pop all together to see if I was actually causing some serious damage to my stomach tissue. I was shocked to see a pain I had for years now went away within 2 weeks of NOT drinking pop.

Sadly no doctors were able to point that out to me, even though I told them my daily diet. I have not drink pop since, and the occasionally when I do (once every six month if, even that) I drink the regular stuff. I don't even enjoy the taste of pop anymore... I think i was addicted to pop for a while... instead I bought a Water Carbonated so I still get to drink my carbonated drink... but instead water, which is just great!

Anyhow... Aspartame is beyond just poison it should be illegal. If i didn't connect the dots I would be in hospital right now, or died form stomach cancer!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I myself have suffered from the ill effects of over indulgence in Diet Coke (Aspartame's favorite delivery service). I have been through the ringer health-wise... and no docs had been able to find the source. Joint pain, muscle twitching, chronic fatigue, hair loss, etc etc etc... Finally, after doing some research, I cut out the Diet Coke. After a few weeks, my body began to repair itself, and I am feeling better than I have in years.

I wrote something about Aspartame on my website, just prior to cutting it out. I hope no one minds if I share the link.

Aspartame: A Sweet and Deadly Tale

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Consider your signature:
"Condemnation without research is the height of ignorance!" - Einstein

The American Diabetes Association, among the many other reputable scientific organizations that have examined the issue, disagree with you.

A number peer reviewed papers addressing aspartame and diabetes and weight:
care.diabetesjournals.org...
www.ajcn.org...
www.ajcn.org...
www.ajcn.org...

Keeping in mind your quote, I believe the research fails to justify your condemnation.

Why do you suppose the aspartame is responsible for your diabetes? You consumed it along with countless other compounds in addition to struggling with weight, how can you rule out other potential causes? If aspartame causes diabetes, why isn't that connection born out in the extensive research that has been done?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Aspartame-sweetened products have warnings saying: "phenylketonurics" and "contains "Phenylalanine."

One of the SNEAKIEST things so far is what the gum industry has done. Almost every large brand of gum is now artificially sweetened with aspartame. I say "almost every large brand" when in reality, in the dozen convenience stores I've visited (classic mainstream ones), ALL gum had aspartame. I did find one tiny gas station that sold CHICKLETS, which still uses sugar. I challenge you to go investigate. It's scary. Especially since all of those gums have bold new dazzling packaging and looks and styles... snazzy, saavy styling. "New Flavor!" "Great New Taste!" "Better Than Ever!" Yeah... poisoned.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
the only reason it is possible for the population to be poisoning themselves with this crap is through the complicity of the msm in the conspiracy...people think we could never take back the government from the fascists because they are too powerful, but we dont need to do that for change to come...what we need to do is overthrow the media, for if the media reported the truth, the national outcry would be incredible...and just imagine if the population was told about the federal reserve conspiracy...without an educated populace, nothing is possible; if the people are educated, anything could happen...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Macabees

Kind of sounds like she just put on some weight and there's something wrong with her body that doesn't like the new weight. I had problems after just getting some love handles and a belly, turned out I have an enlarged heart. This causes my slight increase in weight to near cripple me. I moved from juice to water and cut my salt in half, and I'm better now.

I don't see your post as proof of "Aspartame Poisoning", but rather the benefit of water + a balanced diet, natural foods and substances.
edit on 7-2-2011 by sstark because: Added last line.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Macabees

I think this thread should be renamed to 'do over do any artificial additives'. Anyone who takes that much in their coffee a day must be asking to be ill.

Everything in moderation.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid, sore joints, flu like symtoms etc. I use to chew gum all the time until I found out about aspartame. I quit chewing it immediately. I no longer have those symtoms and feel soooo much better. I now check everything. So I was also poisoned. I really felt like crap! Thanks, maybe more people with be woke up.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join