It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You don't seem to understand. I posted a video that explains this on a previous page.

Basically livestock that is to be used for food can live a normal live, and be slaughtered humanely.

A factory farm is a lifetime of torture every second for years, and then possibly a horrible death.

Do i need to back this up with video evidence?

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Jesus would feed the masses with five loaves and two fishes.

And again, I dare you to find any substantial amount of meat that is not "factory."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 6-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I support your freedom of expression, however I feel you are wasting your potential with trivial issues.

For example, if you were to boycott an establishment because it wanted to fund laws that were in direct opposition to your lifestyle, that would be more worthwhile....

If you don't want to support a company for their activities and practices, then don't. That is your right, just as it is their right to do what they do. Everybody has values, and lots of times they will not coincide with yours. If you wish to only patronize businesses that are fully on the GLBT bandwagon, then I wish you the best of luck! But don't try to point at one company for things lots of other companies are doing as well without also pointing at them. Then you just sound hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

For one, you KNOW that their farming practices has NOTHING to do with this OP, your using it as a platform to attack them, because the basic premise of the thread wasnt strong enough to support an all out war on chick fil a

Its a classic tactic......dig up anything you can on a certain organization and/or person and try to dismantle and/or destroy them in name or reputation.........all because you dont agree on what they do with THEIR money...

Who cares if they are a christian company, the dont serve only christians.......they serve anyone who wants to eat there.......people pay their money, they get a service........

If they have such an issue with christians that it controls the place they chose to eat at.........seems to me thats their own damn problem, and makes it even more apparent that THEY are the ones who have the issues with being biased/bigoted/intolerant.....not the company offering them food.........

This whole thing is such a non issue it shouldnt even be news...........but i suppose activists have to have SOMETHING to do, besides effecting a real change in anything important
edit on 6-2-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ha. There are busnesses that contribute money to homosexual groups where those groups are discriminatory themselves in not allowing people to disagree with their lifestyle. Most homosexuals (but not all) are hypocrites. They call people bigots and yet calling someone a bigot by definition makes you a bigot because you don't agree with them either.

They make a mockery of what already is a mockery.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Chicken biscuits is where it is at them and the honey butter chicken biscuits from Whataburger dribbles down chin a bit. Oh and on topic, the way I feel about it being closed on Sunday's is a violation of my right to worship the almighty chicken biscuit as I see fit!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I know this probably doesn't do much to help the argument either way, but the debate sparked my memory of an incident that occurred several years ago not too far from where I live. This might be an extreme example of a factory farm, but who knows?

Also, this factory provided chicken to KFC and not Chick-fil-a, but this type of thing sickens me, and if a company is doing this then they need to stop operating, or made to change ASAP.
edit on 6-2-2011 by nwdogg1982 because: fixed video

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You are correct MBTM, it's a bit off topic, however I was merely explaining my point of view based on previous comments.

I'm not digging anything up. I could easily make a seperate thread about factory farming that encompasses all fast food chains and retailers. I'm very well educated in this practice from reading books, and watching documentaries on the topic.

It seems to me the torture of animals goes against christian values, or maybe I'm wrong?

MBTM, I seem to have pushed your button. Do you have a vested interest in chick-fil-a somehow?

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

For one, you KNOW that their farming practices has NOTHING to do with this OP, your using it as a platform to attack them, because the basic premise of the thread wasnt strong enough to support an all out war on chick fil a

Its a classic tactic......dig up anything you can on a certain organization and/or person and try to dismantle and/or destroy them in name or reputation.........all because you dont agree on what they do with THEIR money...

Who cares if they are a christian company, the dont serve only christians.......they serve anyone who wants to eat there.......people pay their money, they get a service........

If they have such an issue with christians that it controls the place they chose to eat at.........seems to me thats their own damn problem, and makes it even more apparent that THEY are the ones who have the issues with being biased/bigoted/intolerant.....not the company offering them food.........

This whole thing is such a non issue it shouldnt even be news...........but i suppose activists have to have SOMETHING to do, besides effecting a real change in anything important

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Well, actually, if I was gonna die anyway, i would prefer a high-powered round to the back of the skull to a slow painful, albeit 'natural', death. But yeah, it's for another thread. Feel free to u2u me about it if you start one.

I also have to mention that chickens are some of the dumbest animals you have ever seen... they can live for extended periods without a head!

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

They use factory farming as part of their business model. Want to debate the dangers and ethics of that? Let's go!

I'm wondering whether you are, or whether you prefer your animals tortured and killed in the ''humane'' way ?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
Personally, I know that there is no real "humane" way of killing.

I would have to disagree with you. The enlightened way is as follows:

1. Convince the animals they are free to roam around the farm as they please.
2. Slowly coral them into smaller areas due to the farm re-purposing it's land.
3. Simultaneously alter their food with weedkiller genes and other poisons.
4. Create skirmishes about the pen, blaming it on certain other animals.
5. Fly remote controlled airplanes into their feed trough, knocking it down and blaming it on the notorious wolf the has been spotted outside the pen.
6. Drastically limit feed.
7. Let the gate "accidentally" open one night, so the neighbors dog can get it, kill a few animals and then blame it on the wolf.
8. For their safety, tag the animals to keep count.
9. From the roof of the barn, send focused electromagnetic waves in and around the pen to confuse and disturb the animals.

While this may sound silly, this has been proven to work. The yield is not the most efficient, but the animals don't really know why they are dying and thus, no morality to debate. Seems humane to me.

edit on 7-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

They have the right to donate their money to who they want, LIKEWISE I have the right to disagree with it. See how it works?

Their food is not healthy. It's fast food after all. If you want to debate that I'm more than game.

They use factory farming as part of their business model. Want to debate the dangers and ethics of that? Let's go!

edit on 6-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

My debate lies not in their food's level of health. I thought the main thing on this subject was that they donated money to a group, that some don't like because of it's views against gay rights etc...

I stated the following:
"As far as the restaurant in question, all that would matter to me is the deliciousness of the food, and the sanitation practices of their facilities."

Santitation practises of their facilities, well I was talking about how clean they keep their restaurants.

You are barking up the wrong tree. I am an omnivore, delicious animals have to die, People have to be fed, so they make assembly lines....well dis-assembly lines for processing animals. I recently found out that in my City, Chicago at least it is apparently illegal to slaughter an animal if you do not have a butchers license. So, raising and pampering my own food and then giving them a humane lethal injection is out of the question for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

As a heterosexual male why should I care? Haven't Gay rights activist's and gay's in academia gone out of their way to make life difficult for my demo-graph? Didn't gay writers in the 90's demonize my demo-graph?

Personally I view homosexuality as a mostly benign mental illness, nothing major, to each their own. But the acts of violence and hatred by gay's towards heterosexual males cannot be ignored. From the bottom of my heart I detest gay's for their actions towards my demo-graph and if such an establishment existed in the locale I live in I would gladly be a patron knowing the money I spent went to anti-gay organizations.

Why try and drum up an "outcry" when no one cares? The most you will do is increase Chick-fil-A's business. This doesn't even classify as a "controversy". Maybe if it happened in Sweden or California, but in America it would be a REAL controversy if a business was giving money to violent homosexual terrorist's.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
They are not just a private innocent ncompany serving chicken. They have entered the political arena.

This isn’t the first time the restaurant chain has been taken to task for its support of antigay groups. In 2009, Change.org reported Chick-fil-A had supported Focus on the Family.

That group, founded by the Reverend James Dobson, supports reparative therapy programs and has donated hundreds of thousand of dollars to passing antigay legislation.

www.advocate.com...

wow, you are so bigoted and biased I gotta wonder if you can hear me when I tell you your info and sources are also bigited and biased and FLAWED, lol
Can I start by saying nothing here is gay bashing.
I, unlike you, actually read it and watched the videos.
And you info on focus on the family is like alot of sensationalist words and "focus on the family" and thats your thesis.
Can I just simply inform you that Dr. James Dobson is not a reverand????
Would that surprise you that your source is that skewed?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Gay Rights are Human rights.

Factory Farming is a horrible practice:

reply to post by macman

civil unions are secular rights.
Marriage is a religious institution based on a covenant made between a man and a woman and God.
So, why is it a gay right to impose their beliefs onto religious institutions?
Me personally I am very libertarian in my political beliefs and it simply confuses me why heterosexual ideals and institutions are wrong by default but homosexual ideals are sacrosanct. But I am old fashioned too.
I think having a mom and a dad in a functional household is a cool environment to raise healthy children.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You have to take into account the issue of equal rights and also the financial perspective when debating gay rights, specifically same sex marriages. The act of marrying someone is not the same a "forming a civil union." Denying this right is a human rights issue. Furthermore things like inheritance of property, and SS, are treated differently from a legal perspective when you're married.

reply to post by manna2

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

lol not at all my friend just my opinions!

2nd line

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You have to take into account the issue of equal rights and also the financial perspective when debating gay rights, specifically same sex marriages. The act of marrying someone is not the same a "forming a civil union." Denying this right is a human rights issue. Furthermore things like inheritance of property, and SS, are treated differently from a legal perspective when you're married.

reply to post by manna2

then address the secular issues with the secular authorities and make up a name if you do not like the term civil unions.
Marriage is a religious institution. I guess it is nothing more or less in these topics as a name given to a target used by anti-religious bogots? Or is it a religious instituion.
I personally claim it is not a secular institution and therefor not a fair target unless you dance around using duplicitous meanings to serve presupposed outcomes

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

This isn't controversy, I hate to sound like a "hateful bigot" or whatever, but it's their money. If they have built a company that holds to their religious beliefs rather than kowtowing to the "fairness" demanded by the loud minority, then more power to them. Yeah, maybe the process by which they get their meat sucks, I bet they have people trying to find something better, and if not DON'T EAT IT. They earned their money and are going to use it however they feel like, even if that means donating to a group that supports their beliefs. If this is really a problem for you, then you should go out and show them how you think it should be done. If you think that a family based business is doing something bad, wake up! There are a lot of worse corporations and organizations out there who want your money, your life, and your soul. Boo hoo, You didn't get any coupons, life's not fair. Life's not gonna be fair for a while longer man.
But, that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hold on let me go find my violin so I can play a sad tune for all those "offended" customers. Sack up and stop crying like a baby about your personal agenda..don't like where Chik-fil-A donates their money? Then please use your buying power and get food elsewhere. I don't care what the agenda..I am sick to death of hearing about some offended group of people getting their panties in a bunch over yet another inane thing. I'm not going to stop shopping somewhere unless they are guilty of blatant human rights violations in which someone is REALLY suffering..and by suffering I mean they are like working for 5 cents a day for the corporation, not sniveling because someone is donating money to another group they don't like. This world is insane.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Mmm! Chicken Biscuits in the morning!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
I think we saw in Iran what happens when the situation changes up.

Gives folks an opportunity to settle old scores, such as from rubbing things in people's noses all the time.

Not that I would be a proponent of such behavior.

Ya not at all

Nothing like a bunch of self righteous, fundi conservative traditionalists teaching moral lessons with violence and terror!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join