It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

how do you know if a peice of fried meat actually came from a gay chicken ?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I dont get it...
If it was a atheist based resturant and only gave to athiest cause's...would we be here right now?

It's there resturant i fell it's there right to give to who every THEY WANT...

This is what's wrong with america right now.
You can;t eccept peopel have a right to give there service's to who they want.

They think once they banned smokign in resturant's they now have the right to tell resturant's who they can and and cannot donnate food to lol
WHEN WILL IT STOP?

edit on 7-2-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

What does your friend eating there have to do with the topic. Who is giving him all of these coupons? You make it sound like the "Christian Community" is one or two people that speak for all Christians and hand out petty rewards for supporting their agends.

The "Christian Community" is tens of millions of Americans working in different ways for different things. You have Catholics, Methodist, Baptist, Unitarians, Seventh Day Adventist, and dozens of other denominations. Then you have dozens or hundreds of groups under that working on different things. Many just try to get through life survivning their own problems.

As a teenager I worked with a church group to deliver clothes to flood victims in Georgia. I don't remember some represenitive of the "Christian Community" showing up to hand out Chick-Fil-A coupons. To act like every Christian is some how linked to this situation or company is fallacious at best. Of course there is a large contingent here on ATS that loves to attack anything that resembles religion or is even minutely related to religon.

Chick-Fil-A serves food to, and employees, people regardless of race, creed, or sexual orientation. Also each Chick Fil A is actually a franchise. So, where is the evidence that this was a corporate move and not a franchise holder's decision?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I take it the OP is either a homosexual or got bad service at this fast food giant. Either way, troll this mess else wheres, this is a conspiracy web site, not a minority activist out reach blog.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Do these gays not know the meaning of tolerance?Tolerance doesn't mean that you like everyones views it means that you put up with them i.e. to tolerate.It seems that to them tolerance means that everyone has their views,amazing double standards.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wel, as a corporation, they are free to donate to those that they wish to. Of course the people not donated to feel offended that it went to those opposed to them, and as such they will play the victim card as usual.............nothing to see here, judst a person running his business the way he wants to, while people try and tell him to do otherwise because they are offended.

The only victim here are homosexuals that chic-fil-a stands against.

I will not eat here ever again

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

If those hypothetical atheist causes were aimed at stopping the civil rights of a section of society, then yes we would.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I read the article and I think these people may have been overly offended. The donation in question does not seem to warrant great insult.

However, in general there are few points that people over look - businesses that *do* actively support hate groups should be called on it.

The Liberal ideas of tolerance and equality, to me anyway, mean tolerance for ALL - these things ARE important because it could just as soon be the Christian Right Wing crowd who gets discriminated against.

In any case - regarding 'factory farming' - forget the animals - what about PEOPLE? Esp in the Southern US - these factory farms - well - there's an awful lot of POO there - where do you think that goes? Alot goes up in the air and makes people SICK.

Is there a difference between 'humane' farms or 'factory farms'? Well again, not to argue the animal rights - but if we all simply ATE LESS - there would not be so much filth around.

I agree with those who said that if you don't like a company's practices - don't go there. Yep. That is one thing you can do.

And serious issues should be brought to light. Yes, private businesses can operate as they please - but keep in mind - many private businesses - I would venture to guess even ALL - DO get TAX BREAKS. So, that is in effect "welfare money" going TO them FROM YOU - so - they should be held accountable to some degree.

Additionally, factory farmers are accountable to ALL because they are utilizing the air and water which we ALL share.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow what a bunch of hatemongers.

2nd Line

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

2nd Line

What are they hating?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

2nd Line

What are they hating?

You hating companies because those companies don't follow your beliefs.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm so tired of this endless bs. If you have a problem with a Christian based food chain DON'T EAT THERE. This is just typical stupidity and what now they say the animals may be gay. Wow now I really have seen everything.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

2nd Line

What are they hating?

You hating companies because those companies don't follow your beliefs.

Equal Rights for all is a belief?

A company that throws thousands of dollars into the political arena to fight against a minorities Equal Rights is not about Hating?

I state that I personally - - will boycott known businesses that intentionally and deliberately finance political agendas (other) - - with purpose to deny Equal Rights of a minority.

Who? Again are the haters?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If a company's "values" meant ANYTHING to a hungry customer, NO ONE would be eating at McDonalds.

If Capitalism has taught us anything it's that consumers only know what they want ... they really don't care about the story behind it. They might act like they do, but when it comes down to getting their hands on a PS3, no one really cares if it was developed in rogue state Syria, manufactured in Communist North Korea and assembled by 10 year old workers in Bangladesh. They just want to play the damned thing.

Chic-fil-a is rabidly popular where I live. And I don't think it'd matter much if they flip-flopped and named Ba'al himself as their new mascot. People love the food. They are going to buy it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

This blog is pretty true: stuffwhitepeoplelike.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
If Capitalism has taught us anything it's that consumers only know what they want ... they really don't care about the story behind it. They might act like they do, but when it comes down to getting their hands on a PS3, no one really cares if it was developed in rogue state Syria, manufactured in Communist North Korea and assembled by 10 year old workers in Bangladesh. They just want to play the damned thing.

Actually - - I do care.

And NO - I don't eat at Mc Donalds - - because I think the food is terrible. However - I did work at a meat processing plant - - becoming friends with the USDA inspector - - who had worked for many years in Mc Donald's facilities. He had only high regards with the high quality and state of the art equipment in those facilities. They also try to use locally grown potatoes - lettuce - etc (and meat) when ever possible.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This, once again, points out to me that the groups that preach tolerance, don't tolerate any deviation from their values.

So, we are supposed to be "tolerent" of various lifestyles but people practicing alternative lifestyles are not tolerant of a christian lifestyle.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Personally, I do try to be tolerant and I hope that others will as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
This, once again, points out to me that the groups that preach tolerance, don't tolerate any deviation from their values.

So, we are supposed to be "tolerent" of various lifestyles but people practicing alternative lifestyles are not tolerant of a christian lifestyle.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Personally, I do try to be tolerant and I hope that others will as well.

Tolerant of a minority and their right to the same Equalities as everyone else.

Lifestyle? Let's just not even go to this ignorance again.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I agree, but I think the first step should always be to preach (no pun intended) awareness.

Now that I have done that, the next step as you've suggested would be to boycott the establishment, depending of course on how strongly one feels about their business practices.

Thanks for the advice.

Originally posted by Beach Bum
If you have a problem with a Christian based food chain DON'T EAT THERE.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Everyone has to be tolerant of eachother for this idea to work.

Originally posted by Wildbob77

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join