It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Now every time I take a bite of the succulent, tortured till its tenderized just right, fatty breaded and deep fried in non-peanut oil goodness chicken breakfast biscuit I'll be satisfied not only by a full stomach, but by the thought that people waste time getting angry over something that can be so easily fixed by...

Are you ready?

Just not doing business with the Chick-Fil-A company.

Really! Just THAT easy, no gimmicks, no running around the bush, no hidden fees.

And perhaps forget about the whole thing because I've got a strange feeling that Chick-Fil-A is not the only company you should be boycotting over something so petty as them supplying a lunch to an organization that recognizes the need for marriage couple stability in a socially backwards era.

Anyone up for some Burger Person or Dairy Person?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Aren't their any gay chicken places the protesters can eat at?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

They should open a restaurant that sells only gay meat.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So Annee if a restauraunt chain catered to an organization that had an anti-christian stance would you also boycott them?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Me thinks, the OP has a bit of bias towards Christians. In fact, I'm quite sure of it when THE OP NOTES:

"To add to the Chik-fil-A controversy I'd like to point out the fact that they use factory farming as part of their business model. Not only does this go against their principles, and is horrible for the environment, and animals, but it creates unhealthy food that poisons their Christian bretheren who apparently eat this toxic stuff everyday because they have so many coupons for it"

Really? Isn't it sweet how the OP is so concerned for the "Christian breathern"? NOT. The OP claims he knows a "Christian co-worker" who gets his nourishment there 60% of the time. OMG, his co-worker is probably cackling by now and growing tastey plump wings!

Do you really think they have a faulty model as a business? Think about this. How many fast food chains could thrive and grow, as Chick-fil-A has, whithout being open on Sunday 52 weeks a year. They have a very prosperous past and will continue on in the future as well. The OP's obviously non-genuine concern for their well being as a viable entity is mis-placed.

If they want to support Christian groups that don't include gays, so be it! They are not publicly held, and may do so. Conversly, gays are welcome to start their very own chicken shack anytime. Maybe they could call it Sweet-Tweet-fil-A

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Hahaha

Gay chickens, they'd run out of business, no procreation, the chickens would have to adopt or get artificially inseminated.

non-factory raised gay chickens, the life and death factory raised straight chickens wish they had.

Back on topic, So the Chick-fil-A donated to an anti gay rights organisation, so what, if they donated to an anti long haired metalhead organisation, I wouldn't cry about it because I could go to KFC, popeyes or churchs for my chicken fix. Although I would like to try Chick-fil-A, if their food is out of this world then I would say they can continue their Christian campaign against long haired metalheads all they want, and I would still eat at their joint, because it is my choice to choose where I eat regardless of what views they had against my Heavy metal lifestyle, which is a choice and preference.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Chick-Fil-A has the right to donate food to any group they want to, no matter how irrational said group's beliefs may be. Same applies to the gay groups protesting it.

Originally posted by manna2
civil unions are secular rights.
Marriage is a religious institution based on a covenant made between a man and a woman and God.
So, why is it a gay right to impose their beliefs onto religious institutions?
Me personally I am very libertarian in my political beliefs and it simply confuses me why heterosexual ideals and institutions are wrong by default but homosexual ideals are sacrosanct. But I am old fashioned too.
I think having a mom and a dad in a functional household is a cool environment to raise healthy children.
They aren't imposing their beliefs onto religious institutions. All they want is their marriages to recoginized by state just like everyone elses. Stop being ignorant.

Originally posted by daggyz
Ha. There are busnesses that contribute money to homosexual groups where those groups are discriminatory themselves in not allowing people to disagree with their lifestyle. Most homosexuals (but not all) are hypocrites. They call people bigots and yet calling someone a bigot by definition makes you a bigot because you don't agree with them either.

They make a mockery of what already is a mockery.
When people disagree with your sexual orientation, writing it off as a mental disorder, demonic possession, or other things just as stupid, it makes sense that you're going to hate that group and not be tolerant of their views; However, it is not reasonable to hate a group based on their sexual orientation, no matter what mythological being you believe in.

edit on 7-2-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

OH NOES, a private company did something the liberals do not like.

BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!

Yeah, something new here. /s

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's spelled fillet. Not 'fil-a' lmao

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I'll avoid them just on the basis that they support factory farming and selling unhealthy garbage to people who might otherwise believe that it's Jesus-approved.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think everyone minds everyone else's business way too much. Why is it anyone's business how Chick fil A spends their money or gives their food away? Why is it anyone's business if people want to eat themselves fat? Why is it anyone's business who is gay and who is not? Why is it anyone's business what others are doing and why, oh why do we need government regulations and impositions in people's personal affairs? You don't like Chick fil a's stance... don't eat there. You don't like your gay neighbor, don't associate with them! Stop trying to tell others how to live their life and run their business.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The 'Gaystapo' once again trying to atone anyone who goes against their wishes.
They are just as bad as religion, it's getting like that anyway.
So what if they donated money to a christian marriage organization, is it illegal?
You dont like it? Dont eat there. That's what normal pèople do.
Everyone is free to do as they please as long as it's legal.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I wouldn't be overly concerned about it, considering the US has the most obese population on the planet, another peddler of crap in a bap is merely helping population control.

Gay people should be the ones having the last laugh if they have any sense, if the bigoted xtians are shoveling free junk food down their throats then their population is going to get thinned out (been waiting weeks to fit that pun in somewhere lol) so the gays may have something to rejoice after all.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I'll avoid them just on the basis that they support factory farming and selling unhealthy garbage to people who might otherwise believe that it's Jesus-approved.

When a chrsitian buys 7 buns and gets 5000 free, a cheap toy and a clown will never again appeal to his tiny mind with such magnitude .

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Chick fil a has a very successful business model and clearly a certain segment of this country feels threatened by success.

Chick fil a offers superb customer service that rivals its peers in the fast food realm. It also rivals the service of many traditional sit down restaurants. Come for the service and stay for th excellent food. Furthermore, they are also actively involved in the community in which they operate. In my area they even offer a family fun night once a week, they sponsor local athletics and school groups for fundraisers, they offer free meals, discounts on special days etc etc.

They have focused on some basic principals that I think we could all learn something from. Plenty of success for them and they are even closed on Sundays. Probably why these boycott groups are bent out of shape. Can't get the chicken on Sundays.

When I was a kid practically every local business was closed on Sundays. Downtown was quiet and families were actually spending time TOGETHER.

Keep up the good work Chick-fil-A!!! If people hate you, you must be doing something right and by judging from the full parking lots at my local Chick-fil-As you certainly are.
edit on 7-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

edit on 7-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: meant to quote post.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by FarArcher
I commend Chick-Fil-A on their decision.

Before Sam Walton died, Wal-Mart did the same thing.

Then they started opening short hours on Sunday.

Then the SuperCenters started them 24/7.

Causing OTHERS to remain open on Sunday to compete.

Oh well, the good guys can't get a break. Unless they stick to their guns, provide a good product at a good price.

Not everybody worships or worships on Sunday.

I live near a military base. Walmart being open 24/7 is a blessing to those who do not have 9-5 jobs.

I'm from a time when businesses closed on Sunday - - and many on Saturday - - and banks were only open to 3 weekdays.

You have no idea what you take for granted today.

Be that as it may, a 65 year old person should be wise enough to understand the perils of vanity. How much vanity is there in holding a grudge against someone else for giving something to somebody? Jealousy is unbecoming of one who should have learned by now... people will be people - worry about yourself. Overcome and adapt.

You are taking life for granted if you hold a grudge against someone for giving meals to some people.

Is it discrimination if I give food to my family and not to you? As a private citizen, is that not my own business? Are you truly jealous about that?

And you ain't the only one who has suffered discrimination. You're alive, ma'am. Please move on.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

If you don't like Chicks business model don't eat there. And go sodomize somebody and kill an unborn baby while you're at it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I think the public has a right to know - - and decide if they want to support that business or not.

The public has known all along that Chick Fil-A follows a family values way of business. Every store has signs that say so .. and explain why they are closed on Sundays. It's not a secret. And the public has already decided they don't care that the owners are Christians and promote Christian values. The food is good and the business is rock solid.

Like was said previously ... it's business envy and people are trying to take them down anyway they can. Even by inventing a problem where there is none.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

How EXACTLY is factory farming [ to paraphrase ] " a violation of christian principles " ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join