It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Eyewitness Account of Media Lies & Distortions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
We need to see what's really going on in Egypt. What's happening there is not about "freedom!"

I received this today. This squares with my observations while I was in Egypt four months ago. While the people are ready for Mubarak to go and joke that he's a pharaoh, they did not consider him a "dictator." The media are completely anti-Mubarak and are not reporting what's really happening there.

February 5, 2011

This was sent to us this morning from our friends at Generals.org. I felt that this report has more truth in it than anything I've heard on the news to date. This account is one of several we have received, yet we cannot independently verify this report. Please pray daily or more for the crisis in Egypt and also write your local newspapers, and share with them this eye-witness account (below). It can go in the "letters to the editor" page. Let's get this word out to bring balance into this event, and especially let's stand in faith for Egypt and its future.

Eye-Witness Account From Egypt

Dear Friends,

Egypt is finding its way towards more freedom, but please don't believe what the international media is saying!

There is a plot to topple the president, and Egyptians do not want that. I have been on the streets with many hundreds of thousands, probably even millions, who want stability, dialogue, and change with Mubarak until the elections in September. There are forces taking advantage of the situation and twisting facts and figures to portray to the international community a distorted image to topple the government.

The vast majority of people in the streets in peaceful demonstrations (I speak as an eyewitness because I took to the streets myself) are carrying banners saying things like:

- yes to stability, yes to Mubarak

- give change a chance

- we are sorry Mr. president

- we accept dialogue, we trust you

- no to El-Baradei, no to the muslim brotherhood (many like this one)

- we are the Egyptians, where is Al-Jazeera, let them come and see

- no to corruption, no to vandalism

- we got what we asked the president for, so why are people still in Tahrir? Who are they? What do they want? etc., etc., etc.

We met with people who were in the original protest in Tahrir square who decided to join us saying: we got what we asked for, and now we accept Mubarak's changes and proposals.

I left the street with my wife around 4:15 pm, and the numbers in the neighbourhood of Mohandessin where the crowds were gathered had swelled to easily over a million. As we drove home we saw the same slogans on banners all over the city, on cars, on walls, on shop windows. We learned that similar demonstrations are taking place all over the country, in many different cities. This is the cry of the people of egypt that isbeing totally ignored by the international news media. Is this on purpose??!!! I am perplexed!!!

I am wondering: How come CNN, the BBC, and others are reporting only the anti-government protests as the voice of the people? This is not justice, this is not the truth. There have been reports that these people are being paid by the government. Not true! I was there with many, many others. I saw the streets.

Now to the situation in Tahrir square. Only a few people (hundreds?) are still there from the original protesters. They have been slowly replaced by other highly organized groups. They all have the same model of cell phones. They all have the same blankets (eye witnesses). THESE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE OF EGYPT.

Some witnesses claim that they don't look Egyptians, and don't sound Egyptians (different accent, different dialect). This is a big organized coup to try to convince the world through the media that egypt wants mubarak to go, and the media is part of the deception.

People in Tahrir square are escalating the situation on purpose to topple President Mubarak for their own hidden agendas. This is typical of the muslim brothers, and everybody in the streets of cairo knows this. We heard people on the streets saying that the plot to take over the country is now clear. The international media doesn't want you to know this.

The escalation of violence in Tahrir square is because of this. Egyptians who love Egypt, the millions that took to the streets yesterday, want this to end. They fully understand that president Mubarak is between a rock and a hard place, that he cannot quench the unrest in Tahrir through the army, so the people want to go to Tahrir to disperse the crowds there by themselves. People in Tahrir are vastly outnumbered. If Egyptians go the Tahrir square to take control of the situation, more chaos will erupt, giving a chance to the international media to blame the President even more.

Don't believe an opportunist like Mohammed El-Baradei who is deceiving the international community into putting pressure on president Mubarak to leave immediately so they can fulfill their own agendas. Franklin Roosevelt said, "Nothing happens by accident in politics. If it happened, somebody made it happen." And this is NOT what Egyptians want! I am an Egyptian. My wife and I were on the streets on Tuesday and Wednesday in support of the current regime, and we saw millions on the streets. If Egypt falls, then neighbouring countries are going to fall one after the other. Someone is behind this!

Phone: (972) 576 8887 | Fax: (972) 576 8899

www.frangipane.org

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

Instead of blaming the International News people, maybe you should look at Iran and the other countries in the Middle East and N. Africa / Europe that are experiencing protests. According to Iran this is the people reclaiming Islam and their countries from foreigners.

If the majority of people support Mubarik, then why is he making arrangements to step down? Based on your post it sounds like the people want him to stay, and what we are seeing on tv is a vocal minorty.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
LOL what a hoax, cool story bro!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
What if US and Israel attempt an engineered Regime change in Egypt, with their usual tactics of propaganda, and covert "Protest Leaders", their plan is to change the regime to one that is more favorable to their interests.

Mubarak has assisted US and Israel policies in the past, but has been hesitant on several issues such as Iran, Israel/Palestine, etcetera....

Hosni Mubarak is generally supportive of Israel. As he has been involved intensely in the Arab League, he has supported Arab efforts to achieve a lasting peace in the region. The current position of the League is that which was endorsed at the Beirut Summit, on 28 March 2002. At the summit the league adopted the Arab Peace Initiative,[34] a Saudi-inspired peace plan for the Arab–Israeli conflict. The initiative offered full normalization of the relations with Israel. In exchange, Israel was demanded to withdraw from all occupied territories, including the Golan Heights, to recognize an independent Palestinian state in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip with East Jerusalem as its capital, as well as a "just solution" for the Palestinian refugees.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

en.wikipedia.org...-Palestinian_conflict

Then, the people took the "Opening" that the revolts portrayed, and they just *RAN WITH IT*, completely swamping the ability of Foreign intelligence agencies to control the revolution.

We have evidence of Israel trained protesters being used for the regime change that would have delivered Egypt to the hands of US and Israel....

But it appears that the revolution took on a life of it's own.

What if this was an attempt at a Coup-d'état that got away from the Instigators?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm not saying the Egyptians weren't ready to see Mubarak go--they want him out true BUT they didn't detest him and they have no wish to see their country collapse.

I want people to consider that what the Eyewitness is telling us may be true. I believe that the international (American primarily) press is lying about what's happening there and painting the agitators as the majority when that's not the case. The agitators are not trying to bring about "freedom" they are trying to create chaos so that a radical Islamic regime can take over. The agitators are in the MINORITY.

There's a deeper agenda. Listen to what the Eyewitness is saying.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The non violent people of Egypt are in the streets wanting a change in their government. Only when the present holders of power in Egypt try by any method available to hold power do good people get hurt. The USA should be there on the ground supplying fresh water, food, and security while the good people of Egypt reorganize their government. Wouldn't that be a change for the USA instead of what we normally do.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hello out there!

Is there anybody, repeat anybody who's willing to consider the possibility that we are being played by the press? Anybody willing to consider that this "uprising" is being orchestrated entirely by people who are looking to take Egypt and the entire Middle East down?

Since we're so quick to blame the U.S. for everything, anybody willing to consider that the U.S. government and liberal press are pushing FOR a radical islamic government in Egypt?

I'll say it again: I believe the Eyewitness from Egypt.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

If American media is to blame then why did they shut down al jazeera but not western media?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

i am willing to consider your possibility. i answered so as to tag this thread in replies. i will read the links you have supplied when i get home later. this possibility was considered with another member into the small hours a few days ago. i myself have been to egypt half a dozen times backpacking and have spoken to many in the past regarding the political situ. what you state could possibly hold merit.
regards fakedirt

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamLael
I believe the Eyewitness from Egypt.

And I don't, he seems like one of the pro-Mubarak supporters who came out of nowhere when the majority of Egyptians before seemed desperate to be on tv heard wanting Mubarak out of power peacefully.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
it seems the consensus at the moment is that a large number of the population are leaning in favour of establishing a parliamentary republic. press tv reported this at 09:45 gmt. three independent unions within egypt are now joining the protests to voice their discontent at wage levels. it is now the 16th day of protests and more locations have seen protests.
regards f

top topics

join