It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert explains god of the gaps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

By the way. I did not rich in here to defend anything. This thread just so happened to be the top of the recent post list, and I was wondering what God of the gaps is.

... funnily enough, so was I! Alhough from the title I thought it was some sarcastic slight at the gaps in ToE.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sinnthia

Notice the footer on my posts. I am on mobile and can't watch videos at the moment.

Furthermore, I was nit responding to the OP, but to another post, as referenced by the "reply to" header in my original post

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sinnthia

Blame JaxonRoberts for the rabbit trail. He made the comments TS that got us off on this tangent.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

MM so i refered to clip as "clips" now all the sudden i didnt watch the video.......

I see in your rush to emotion youve made quite a lot of assumptions.......

Lemony simply asked a question in response to the post......

You replied in typical bait fashion to engage in a bit of banter.......i obliged....because i saw it for what it was......and was simply making that point, that one question is just as valid as the other...

And possibly have the same answer.......

Ill say again, I thought the clip was very funny, I actually watch Colbert quite often
edit on 5-2-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This thread is showing a funny trend

O'Reilly:"Where does the tide come from?"
Colbert:"Where does the moon come from?"

And now ATS members:

How was life created?

Still waiting for science to answer that one

Still not an explanation for how the Universe came into being

Did it actually "come" into being or has it always been there in some form or fashion...

Where did the elements come from?

Some people are clearly missing the point

Especially if they follow up with hogwash like...

Time was created by the creation of the universe. Therefore the creator of the universe would be outside time. This means That this Creator would not be following the laws of science of this universe, meaning it would not necessarily need a Creator.

Simple logic to follow, unless one is ignorant.

Without providing a single shred of evidence backing up their claims!

Or what I'd call "crazy talk":

and colbert knows all the answers. he traded his soul to the nwo for a million dollar paycheck and a pat on his head from his illuminati dog handlers.

i can't stand people who go out of their way to rag on God and try to change and confuse peoples beliefs out of pure evil. colbert knows the truth. all nwo shills know it. they choose worldly goods and false power over God.

all humans on earth know the truth. the only difference is that some peoples ability to comprehend and understand universal truth's are dormant.

Here's a clue:

No one has all the answers, and you can't just say it's magic (god) whenever you dont' have the answer. History shows us that the track record of "god did it" is really really bad. In ancient times, they believed storms to be a "sign of god"...Paterson still does, but he's crazy...but we now know that's hogwash. Same goes for comets, fire, plagues, and other "miracles".

There's only really 2 choices:

1) We have an objective, scientific answer.
2) We don't know.

There is no option 3) that involves magic!!

That's why taking any religious scripture literally is nothing but self-delusion. You can follow philosophies, but trying to explain stuff you don't have the answer to with magic is laughable!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I like how it says straight out, the sequence of events that led to nucleic acids is not known.
To elaborate on that: It should be noted that the chronology of these events performing their own little miracles.
Could stretch as far as infinite.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Truly, verily a most excellent find, thanks for bringing it!!!

"Tide goes in, tide goes out..."

Priceless!!

(Sounds like a laundry detergent commercial, dunnit??)

BTW....can we say "pinhead" on ATS??

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

O'Reilly & Beck gave Colbert a crazy amount of material lately...they should get royalty fees

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
S&F, my friend, great post.

At first I laughed, then, upon seeing some of the moronic replies to your post, I cried.
Now, it is perfectly clear why 99% of these two-legged idiotic trolls get stupider by the hour. It is sad to see a TV station, if you can call it that, maintain such an ignorant person on it's staff. Then, we have questions on the replies, to your post, that are on the level of kindergarten kids, in most countries...

No wonder the States are going down the drain, with intellectually challenged people on TV, preaching to a whole new generation of stupid, moronic idiots, that have no knowledge, and, above all, no capacity for rational thinking...

To all you religious idiots: You can defend god, with reason and faith; you shouldn't try to defend him, with ignorance, and stupidity...it really makes him look bad, and is a slap in the face to every intelligent, cultured, and knowledgeable people, that maintain their faith, and their god...

As for F** N***, it's the laughing stock of the rest of the world, and a stain on all Americans.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ahhhh, but young Padawan....there are some very, very solid hypotheses...nay, theories...testable, and compellingly feasible:

... the sequence of events that led to nucleic acids is not known.

BEHOLD!!, this is but one:

(NOTE from YouTube author):

This has been CONFIRMED in Dr. Jack Szostak's LAB. 2009 Nobel Laurette in medicine for his work on telomerase.

Of course, some people may prefer to join "Papa Bear" O'Reilly in the 13th century mindset, and view of the 'world'......

edit on 5 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by MrXYZ

Again. For the people who fail to read, but knee-jerk.

IT WAS A RESPOMSE TO THE SECOND POST IN THE THEAD, NOT THE OP.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by weedwhacker

Again, who created the elements?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by JaxonRoberts

How was life created?

Still waiting for science to answer that one

How was "God" created?

Still waiting for any religion to explain that one.

What you're suggesting is that there is an infinite regression of causes
God is the uncaused cause or there is an infinite regression of causes.
An infinite regression of causes requires an infinite amount of time and that's impossible.
So there must be an uncaused cause somewhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

But you're asking people to answer something no one has an answer to (yet). That's exactly what Colbert makes fun of

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

How was "God" created?

Still waiting for any religion to explain that one.

The concept of God pretty much excludes his "creation." The infinitely eternal "I Am" is the closest a finite mind can probably come to grasping it.

That infinite eternal, however, can be presupposed by a rather illuminating conundrum in the statement, "There is no such thing as 'nothing.'

I'm not a 'religion' but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Always nice to see a goob like O'Reilly get slammed nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
and colbert knows all the answers. he traded his soul to the nwo for a million dollar paycheck and a pat on his head from his illuminati dog handlers.

i can't stand people who go out of their way to rag on God and try to change and confuse peoples beliefs out of pure evil. colbert knows the truth. all nwo shills know it. they choose worldly goods and false power over God.

all humans on earth know the truth. the only difference is that some peoples ability to comprehend and understand universal truth's are dormant.

I am pretty sure i am a human on Earth and i dont know the truth. Tell me the truth, i think i have the ability to comprehend and understand but what is there to understand?

Is there a God all around us ? Around 7 y/o children dying a painful drawn out death through cancer or some other horrible disease? homeless people starving and dying whilst religious institutions are the largest land owners ?

Tell me this "truth" my friend. Enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Also already explained... Nuclear fusion inside of stellar bodies... Our star, the Sun, for instance converts hydrogen into helium... The larger the star, the heavier the elements it 'creates'... Ours is a third generation star... You must be a 'graduate' of our 'stellar' public education system, since you seem to lack even basic Earth Science knowledge...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Not knowing in iteself isn't bad, but blatantly ignoring facts, or refusing to even do your own research is bad. Especially if you take the "easy way out" and just claim some invisible deity is responsible

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I could not agree with you more... It's taking the idiot's way out... Instead of using intelligence and reason, they use voodoo and mumbo jumbo to explain 'everything'...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Nuclear fusion inside of stellar bodies...

"OK, everybody, sing along!"

"Ohhhhhh...the Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas,
a Gigantic Nuclear Fur-nace.

Where Hydrogen is built into He-Li-Um,
At a Temperature of Millions of Degrees...."

I AM THE SUN! WORSHIP ME!!

edit on 5 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join