It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO during interview with Georges St-Pierre

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
69 flags for this?

Oh, dear.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out to everyone calling it a viral campaign or to get views:

GSP is pretty famous. He doesn't need stunts to get PPV buys for his fights or to get people to watch a documentary about him. He is one of, if not the most, popular athletes in all of MMA. Pay per views that include him are usually in the top 5 for PPV buys in a year. This documentary about him will sell regardless of this video because the name "GSP" sells. I can also say that, the YouTube views may be slightly inflated because of the UFO, but more than likely they are high because GSP himself is being interviewed.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

After a CLOSER examination of the video, after reading this post, I have to conclude that it does NOT move with the camera. Look again.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The way it disappears looks like a glitch to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Not to get off topic, but the fact remains that the majority of the "trash talk" was for promotion. They always do this with TUF. They both even claimed that at the end of the fight. They have great respect for eachother, and really the trash talk promoted it very well considering it had the most people to ever attend a UFC event. That was the point.

Also, Koscheck got through the whole fight, to me that proves the guy is tough. GSP beat him all the way, but he didn't finish him. Plus, Koscheck pretty much had only one eye that he could see out of. The guy is tough, and I bet he would make you look like a 12 year old girl.

This is coming from someone who was rooting all the way for GSP, but Koscheck actually seems like a nice guy. Like I said, it's called promoting the event.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I am sorry that i do not presently have the skill to post a helpful video or diagram. But learning from the Jerusalem hoax I used some tape and paper to help myself find out whether or not I think the thing moves with the camera. I taped one piece of paper along the top of the roof that is below the thing to 'stabilize' the rooftop. Than I found it helpful to tape another piece straight across the top to help isolate it and give a point of reference. I have concluded to my own satisfaction that the thing does indeed move with the camera. Yes, I think it appears and disappears and generally presents like some kind of weird video-chip-gone-wrong artifact but to my eye it moves with the camera.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Maybe it's just me...but I don't really find a tiny little spec to be amazing or odd...it could be anything really...it's too small to make any real judgments.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Do people seriously think that this is a UFO?.......I mean seriously?, a black dot on an unrelated video! ...........lets cut to the chase, when people talk about UFO's they are generally talking about alien craft, not all the time, but generally, now if there is anyone out there that considers this "dark smudge" to be anything other worldly, then I'm afraid you need a serious reality check!

70+ stars for this!.......I despair with ATS recently!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Smoking gun right here.

Debunkers, please retire.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan
Smoking gun right here.

Debunkers, please retire.

Are you serious?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Are you serious?

Are you seriously asking if he's serious?
It was clearly a joke...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by Argyll

Are you serious?

Are you seriously asking if he's serious?
It was clearly a joke...

Are you seriously asking me if I was seriously asking him if he was serious?

His post could not be anything other than a joke on this thread

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Phenomium

It's CGI. Everyone knows these days with all of the elaborate CGI out there that it would make more sense to create something not so noticeable......and then draw attention to it. How could anyone have spotted that in the first place? Unless it was he who made it?

Fair enough but for a moment please, if you will, can you tell me how a genuine UFO would act then?
Or is everyone saying, UFOs don't even exist anymore now that CGI's are the new fad?

Everything can be deemed CGI'd.
So I think it's only appropriate to apply the opposite now and that's.....prove it. Show me how this is a CGI because I sure as hell can't prove it's a UFO.
Please recreate this.

Thanks friend

That's fair as well, but these days, in the advent of CGI and Hollywood type effects. There is not true way to prove this stuff unless you see it for yourself or unless these aliens show themselves and meet with the president or something. That being said, we can't just blindly accept everything we see on the internet because we cannot tell what is real and what is fake anymore. I don't know if it's real and I don;t know if it's CGI, but because I know that this could be reproduced with CGI in a matter of a couple of minutes. I will have to be skeptic. When there is more hardcore proof that ufo's are really there, then I will accept that. I would be a fool to just believe anything I see on the internet these days without hardcore proof. The old saying "believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" applies to the internet limpidly. Who knows how to fix this problem, but what is .....is.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I studied the video at the canadian website and the same object is there also and disappears just as it did in the youtube video. Very interesting to see this...a ufo faster than a lamborghini...amusing, isn't it? He just dropped in to say hello...and disappeared that quickly, then the lamborghini appears and takes off...maybe it is a reflectionof the sports car in advance...makes me think Rod Serling would love this for twilight zone...very fun incident...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by 12voltz
I have never heard of this Georges St Pierre ,and now i have.Why? because thats what he wants.

He is a multi-title champion in the world of mixed martial arts. MMA and Octagon cage fighting. trust me, to those wo watch bare knucle/submission fighting......this guy needs no UFO or introduction. He is well known without the UFO.

yes to those who give a monkeys about two men acting like chimps.

What do you think feminism is? That's right, a bunch of women acting like men who act like chimps. There are women MMA fighters too, and the sport is on an even keel, so clearly you don't know what you are talking about. You just had to give your re-buttle didn't you. I guess pride in a person betrays you when you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
okay here goes. been watching forum for a while, believer in what some people call crazy shiit?...yes

this? massive no. I am someone involved in the media... nothing special i add, but i do have a very good (not wishing to overfloat my own boat) knowledge of 'professional' film making...From basic cinematography to production marketing to Cgi editing. listing these three particularly as they are my major strengths 'ie. I really dont do sound well'.

this video screams at me as a hoax for two reasons;

1. (Imho most damning) The 'ufo' image flickers out at the end... this footage is of high quality. If the shape in question was real it would not 'flicker' out as it dissipates. (Watch it again). In adobe final cut/ after effects/premiere (editing software) there are a number of high quality transitions that allow for all sorts of fading, additive dissolves, fade in/out etc. Unfortunately the higher the quality, the lower resolution the cg image, and the more obvious the natural lighting, the harder to hide and the more obvious these transitions become. (It takes high quality, specific built transitions, that normally result in aberrations that only someone closely looking at the video would notice, much to the chagrin of the editor usually.) Despite being your average filmmaker, and unable to avoid this aberration at the end of a transition an editor could also turn to after effects to back up their image. As a professionally trained editor the first thing that you need to do in quality CGI is make sure the image 'tracks'. This means lining up the footage and taking points throughout its appearance to line it up with its surroundings based on knowledge of the object in question. Now this is normally fine as you could rely on good old physics and hard study of the object to evaluate its behaviour. Now in this instance that's not available so instead the editor is forced to rely on basic instinct which is to line it up with a fixed point in the footage 'normally a contrasting and solid corner nearest as possible to the point in question'. this is why the shape doesnt quite look right and doesnt feel material. Finally it also has no particular lighting from its surroundings affecting it, even when it is fading out or changing materiality (however you see it) If something/anything was changing its position or relativity it would display light artifacts of some kind in a visible way (no doubt more so in a non visible way, but i dont have the knowledge or technology to investigate this)

2. The one I have less pro/skills working knowledge of is production marketing, other than to say that if I was a lesser/or more well known filmographer for that matter, looking to make money, and i got a lucky break securing a boxing star who had a relatively well known (comical or not) fear of aliens, I would do my best to make that video important to any demographic I could in order to make that video go viral. Youtube advertising itself is worth a lot if you can get enough peeps clicking on the vid even to debunk the thing. Yes it's not exactly highbrow or likely to land you a Tarantino contract but it certainly pays the bills.

I'm very sorry to say it but this whole video reminds me of a WWF/WWE 'drama interlude'. If you want more convincing evidence then I recommend you go back to the Jerusalem UFO thread. There is still unanswered questions there it seems.

Being cynical and having the knowledge to do it myself, I wonder if the well known OP is testing the ATS audience, because i find it hard to believe he'd not spot this one. (apologies if off the mark with this comment)

Note: For those hardcore believers in this particular video who ask... 'how do you know a UFO wouldnt flicker out like this?' ... I answer simply 'I dont'. However as a believer in the weight of evidence (human history) as opposed to single scientific proof (show me the inside of its fuselage 'then' I will believe) , I will say I have heard/read/seen a lot of 'evidence' for extra/intra terrestrial UFO's and to date haven't seen another that flickers out that remains unclassified as a hoax.

If it matters I hope i'm wrong and ET's like smashing peoples brains out for sport too. (sarcastic but hopefully taken in light humour)

MM

regards
edit on 5/2/11 by MediaMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/11 by MediaMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow. Nice Vid.
Definitely a HD camera. thats all videographers use nowadays.
It materializes or something.
probably deactivated its cloaking device..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalChef

Yes and im pretty sure that I can see a grey alien making an ice cream sundae out of bits of cow. Mcdonalds was probably closed...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I ironic part is that the UFO disappears right before the lambo arrives and they turn around.... coincidence?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join