It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the slander : Obama is a Christian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The purpose of this thread is to dispel the myth that President Obama is a Muslim.

This morning I watched our President deliver his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. Before he delivered his prepared speech, he began by saying that he has accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior. Here are some highlights:

For almost 60 years, going back to President Eisenhower, this gathering has been attended by our President.  It’s a tradition that I’m proud to uphold not only as a fellow believer but as an elected leader whose entry into public service was actually through the church.

In the wake of failures and disappointments I’ve questioned what God had in store for me and been reminded that God’s plans for us may not always match our own short-sighted desires.

My Christian faith then has been a sustaining force for me over these last few years. 

I pray that God will show me and all of us the limits of our understanding, and open our ears and our hearts to our brothers and sisters with different points of view; that such reminders of our shared hopes and our shared dreams and our shared limitations as children of God will reveal the way forward that we can travel together.

When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, and I ask Him to give me the strength to do right by our country and its people.  And when I go to bed at night I wait on the Lord, and I ask Him to forgive me my sins, and look after my family and the American people, and make me an instrument of His will.

Full transcript and Video

The concept of faith and religion lies in each person's heart. No one but that person can truly know their ideology. To so emphatically and openly express his devout faith toward Christianity serves to dispel any notion that he is a Muslim as it would serve as direct contradiction to the Koran. So stop the Insanity.

The End!

(Disclaimer: Admittedly I am not a fan of organized religion but I am extremely spiritual. I am guided by seeking truth and submit this thread in that vein.)

edit on 3-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I honestly don't know how anyone can honestly seriously still believe that Obama is a Muslim.

Good job in trying to put the lies to rest...I tried something similar with the healthcare waivers, but no one wanted to talk about facts.

I hope you get a better response...however I'm thinking you are going to here a lot of "I don't care what he says...I KNOW he is a Muslim".

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Judge a man by his actions, and not by his words....

Using this method is much more accurate than simply believing whatever obama says...

His actions and words normally indicate that he is NOT Christian..

He has openly mocked the bible. Shredded the constitution and bill of rights... Something a real Christian would never consider..

Obama is the personification of the OPPOSITE of Christian...

He is only saying he is Christian now because of the seemingly near next election..

I'll bet you are not a Christian, otherwise you would definitely know that obama is definitely not a Christian..

What's even funnier is that Obama constantly tries to convince people he is Christian, but can't, because his actions keep regressing that effort back to the scrap heap of propaganda.

He may be be a Muslim, I have seen evidence to suggest he is, (his own admission on many occasions)

But he certainly not a Christian..
edit on 3-2-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Im still undecided about Obama's religion but i can just as easily quote Obama about him being Muslim as much as you can about him being Christian.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-2-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The idea that Obama is a Muslim doesn't really make an awful lot of sense. From what I've read, his father, although raised a Muslim, was an atheist, and in any case, Obama Sr. didn't have much influence in raising his son.

There is a possibility that Obama is an atheist or non-religious, but being ambitious, decided to become a Christian so as to have a better chance of succeeding in American politics. Even then, he was a member of his church since 1988.

While none of us know for certain about Obama's personal beliefs, based on the evidence we have, it can only be correct to conclude that he is a Christian.

I don't know why people are so bothered about their leader's personal beliefs or disbeliefs, as this shouldn't be relevant in how they do their job - as long as they can separate the two.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

good points, but actually through the ages, it has been very important for people to know a presidents beliefs, and they have made a point to always find out these things...

Knowing this help people understand what kind of moral compass a person has..

example would be some country leaders who murder without any thought , like Mugabe.is he Christian? No

Back in the day, when JFK was running, he told the press he was Catholic... That made a lot of people nervous and also was written about.. He apparantly was the first Catholic president..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

He may be be a Muslim, I have seen evidence to suggest he is

Would you care to share this "evidence"???

Besides a taken out of context quote from an interview where he clearly mis-spoke???

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
And when the lord can't be found Barry Sotoro waits on Lawrence Sinclair.....Why would anyone believe what a lier has to say about anything......He is evil incarnate.....
edit on 3-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Judge a man by his actions, and not by his words....

Using this method is much more accurate than simply believing whatever obama says...

His actions and words normally indicate that he is NOT Christian..

He has openly mocked the bible. Shredded the constitution and bill of rights... Something a real Christian would never consider..

But he certainly not a Christian..

It seems to me you may not fully understand what you are saying. If you look at what Obama has focused on as a President, I would think it implies a Christian attitude. He seeks to expand health coverage to the neediest - the weak and poor.

Shredding the constitution and bill of rights?!? Do you know our consitution and bill of rights was created by men and not Jesus?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Wow, I was not aware of those claims. Is that purely your own opinion or can you provide elucidation? A link or two would suffice. Thanks.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Wait wait wait...
So because a man, who we all know is the king of rhetoric, decides to use some pretty words and claim he is a christian... you believe him? Hmm... did you also believe they would find WMD in Iraq? That the Patriot Act was good for us? That WTC 7 just fell because...?

Nah. Obama is a liar. I personally do not believe a word he says. In fact, it's fair to say if he says it, you should believe the very opposite.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

Lol yeah,

I know that those documents weren't written by Jesus,

But the way obama treats those documents is certainly not done in a Christian manner, capiche?

As I said before, if you were Christian yourself, you would then understand this..

Even people who aren't Christian can understand that though..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsBringIt
Im still undecided about Obama's religion but i can just as easily quote Obama about him being Muslim as much as you can about him being Christian.

www.youtube.com...[

HA HA. Can you read? Here is the disclaimer at the beginning of your link.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d0802a3d02a.png[/atsimg]

Can you say inference?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Since someone asked for proof,

You can google "obama mocks bible" and see 61,000 results...

One of them is Obama himself speaking what he believes...

Obama speaks

Or you could just openly admit that you love and support obama so much, that no matter what he says and does, you will still support and adore him and always try and help him by repeating his lies.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Wait wait wait...
So because a man, who we all know is the king of rhetoric, decides to use some pretty words and claim he is a christian... you believe him? Hmm... did you also believe they would find WMD in Iraq? That the Patriot Act was good for us? That WTC 7 just fell because...?

Clever technique attempting to equate him with things he had no direct relation to. (Renewed PA maybe) Is that a guilt by association angle? Isn't that like, Do you still beat your kids? Fallacy. :shk:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I was just showing you a few quotes, which as i said i could do, i wasnt claiming he was Muslim.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Cool. Then there is some common ground.

No capiche. I'm ordained and I have no idea what you mean. Explain...links?

Lol yeah,

I know that those documents weren't written by Jesus,

But the way obama treats those documents is certainly not done in a Christian manner, capiche?

As I said before, if you were Christian yourself, you would then understand this..

Even people who aren't Christian can understand that though..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I am very sorry, but if you don't understand those things, then I really can't help you further...

I laid it all out in simple terms for you.. Sorry it wasn't sufficient..

You might try some basic research on the topics you don't understand..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I could give a rats ass either way.

As long as he isn't sacrificing goats on the White House lawn...WHO GIVES A DAMN.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

Originally posted by LetsBringIt

I was just showing you a few quotes, which as i said i could do, i wasnt claiming he was Muslim.

Thanks as I sincerely appreciate that as it seres to prove the point. Providing quotes of "claims" that are easily refuted by fact illustrates the unsubstantiated smear machine is in full gear. You are new, as a reminder the mantra of ATS is Deny Ignorance. Welcome.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join