End the slander : Obama is a Christian

page: 3
14
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So what do we have solid, concrete? Obama is not a Muslim. Obama SAYS he's a Christian. Oh and one poster wants an atheist President..
edit on 3-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


By their fruits shall you know them . . .

Actions peak louder than words . . .

se where I am going with this?



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


By their fruits shall you know them . . .

Actions peak louder than words . . .

se where I am going with this?


YES!




posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
here is obama's own words at 1:18 www.youtube.com...



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrisGris

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


Are you saying it is slander to think he may be a Muslim?



It's against his stated beliefs to think it.

It's libel to say it, and slander to write it.

Though because we are American, you are free to say, think and write the libel and slander you choose against the President of the US of A.

Cheers.


I'm sorry, I just have to ask, do you know anything about law? If you're a lawyer or a paralegal, go back to school. Slander is a civil matter and handled in civil court. Libel is a criminal matter and dealt with in a criminal court. Slander and/or libel can be communicated in any form and must be stated as facts. Opinions (generally considered as such), unless coming from experts in a specifically related field or from people who control public opinion cannot be libel. Look it up.

BTW, I am not a lawyer, just a lowly engineer and physicist, so see a lawyer for highly accurate information (and even that may change considering the number of new laws per year being pushed through).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/3.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: added a line to clarify



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Is it still slander if Obama says it?

www.youtube.com...



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


That is this whole topic

lol


Hell . . . that accurately describes most of the threads and posters on ATS.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents
 



Originally posted by nocents
Is it still slander if Obama says it?

www.youtube.com...


He said it in the context that McCain defended his "Muslim" faith and never stooped to go there.

Remeber this?


Streeeeeeeetch. That is seriously pathetic by the way.
edit on 3-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


That is this whole topic

lol


Hell . . . that accurately describes most of the threads and posters on ATS.


Except you of course.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I could give a rats ass either way.

As long as he isn't sacrificing goats on the White House lawn...WHO GIVES A DAMN.


Rumor says that's his mother-in-law............ and that was before she got to the White House.

I read that the Santeria ceremony she had her friend perform for her was done IN the White House; I doubt it entailed sacrificing any goats, although I do wonder if they had chicken for dinner that night.


Obama DOES carry a lot of lucky charms in his pocket though.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So obama has to choose Christian or Muslim so what would he choose he must please the Christians and he must please the Muslims. Muslims obama
Christians
^Y^
edit on 3-2-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


I'm really amazed by this, he left no room for doubt. He didn't just say it, he elaborated on it.
It wasn't just, I'm a Christian.

Do you think this is something that's happened recently to cause him to open up and say this? In such manner?
I've never heard a President say that before.
edit on 3-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)


well, I'm inclined to believe he may be an atheist, secretly, because he did make a statement during the campaign, something about "bitter people clinging to their guns and RELIGION......

Also, and I know many other Christians are for this also, but he is an ardent supporter of ABORTION, even PARTIAL BIRTH abortion.

That doesn't fit in very well with this statement he made in his address at the National Prayer Breakfast, does it?


But until that day, we’re called to work on behalf of a God that chose justice and mercy and compassion to the most vulnerable.


And, he is also an ardent supporter (and possible practitioner) of homosexuality, even naming June LBGT month,

And, he is apparently a supporter of war and killing, because not only did he not fulfill his promise to bring the troops home, but I believe he upped the troop levels in Afghanistan, and upped bombings by drones in Pakistan,

And not only did he not close Guantanamo Bay as he said he would, but he supports torture, and I think he recently said it would be ok to submit American' to rendition, torture, indefinite incarceration and possible killings.

Yeah, that sounds like a true follower of Jesus Christ.

You know, the OP is right. He MUST be a Christian, because a lot of Christians I know are OK with those things as well.

Actually, I think Jesus said, love your enemies, love your brother as yourself, love God.

And that's what a true Christian, and a true follower of Jesus Christ would be trying to do. But that's just my opinion.
edit on 3-2-2011 by sezsue because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by kinda kurious
 


If you say so…




 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by kinda kurious
 


If you say so…


For sure as long as we overlook your assurance last year regarding imminent run on banks that never happened.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


Edit: Oops it was already posted


edit on 3-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
*sigh* yes. Im aware of the law. My bad, I got it backwards. I should have checked before posting.

Though, at least I knew there was a distinction, legally, between setting said versus written. Which is more than you.

But you are right, you are clearly unaware of the law in this matter! Thanks for noticing.



Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]




Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by GrisGris

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


Are you saying it is slander to think he may be a Muslim?



It's against his stated beliefs to think it.

It's libel to say it, and slander to write it.

Though because we are American, you are free to say, think and write the libel and slander you choose against the President of the US of A.

Cheers.


I'm sorry, I just have to ask, do you know anything about law? If you're a lawyer or a paralegal, go back to school. Slander is a civil matter and handled in civil court. Libel is a criminal matter and dealt with in a criminal court. Slander and/or libel can be communicated in any form and must be stated as facts. Opinions (generally considered as such), unless coming from experts in a specifically related field or from people who control public opinion cannot be libel. Look it up.

BTW, I am not a lawyer, just a lowly engineer and physicist, so see a lawyer for highly accurate information (and even that may change considering the number of new laws per year being pushed through).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/3.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: added a line to clarify
edit on 3-2-2011 by GrisGris because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-2-2011 by GrisGris because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-2-2011 by GrisGris because: Touchscreen corrections



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here's another!!



Should I go on?



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
wait wait one more!!!!




Has this thread been debunked yet???



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality


example would be some country leaders who murder without any thought , like Mugabe.is he Christian? No




...Surely you did not mean to imply that only non Christians commit murder... Ever heard of a man named Hitler?

Just in case you haven't

Look, how about we redial our moral compasses and decide not to judge a man by their religion, but by their ACTIONS...

I am by know means coming out in support of Obama... Quite frankly... His actions... Well... He gets a thumbs down from me in some ways and a thumbs up in others.

But it really is time that we let go of the old and outdated issues in judging a person, such as what religion they are or are not... I truly believe he is a Christian and I promise you, if he were a muslim he would have done the same exact job he has done... Because running the country has nothing to do with his religion....

Judge a man by their actions, not by pointless exterior things, such as looks, religion etc....



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious
 


Oh. OK. I think I get it now, it is becoming clear. All I need to do is say I am a Christian and everyone just accepts that as truth. All he said was, "My Christian faith then has been a sustaining force for me over these last few years." and you take that as proof that Obama is a die hard Bible thumping Bible quote throwing Christian?
I highly doubt this constitutes proof.





new topics
top topics
 
14
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum