It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefHuntingBear

Chief,
While I think we are completely off topic here, I never said I thought I was truly a Queen. My stepdad used the term in a derogatory way and so I took the name to spite him. I honestly don't even know who the Queen of Sheba was. I will agree with you that native cultures didn't use tobacco or alcohol in their daily lives. It was introduced to their culture with ill affects. I know this, and I'm sure most people know this but this thread offends many people who call themselves "American's" because we are (in my brother's words) "ordinary citizens" trying to live our lives the best we can. Yes, I agree that man in general has wreaked havoc and violence upon one another from the beginning of time 'till now. My big brother, who became addicted to coc aine and then meth and spent time in prison learned about our culture there. Funny thing is that we weren't taught of our culture at all because it was not "cool" back in the seventies and eighties to be Native. I do think that those who rail against the "American" and incite us to protest against our government have no idea how difficult that task is. They came, more than all the stars in the sky, to invade this country and they succeeded. My grandpa was sent to Carisle Boarding School out east and he ran away from that place with Jim Thorpe. I've seen letters that my mom has when he describes himself as a, "Good Indian that can make it in the White man's world." The truth is, he really wasn't all that successful because he too got caught up in alcohol and didn't make it. This world we live in is comprised of many men, many colors now and I have to identify with being American at this point. Nothing is going to bring us back to the past, and if it does, it will be hardship first. I am an American and it does offend me to be demeaned by others because of what my government does. Maybe this makes sense to you, perhaps not. Yet it irks me to hear that I am not a worthy citizen of this Earth. The fact is, we are all human with the same desires for self-worth and happiness.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I like your OP and I think it was very well thought out and informative. S+F

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I personally think this is well written post and very true, but what is the average american supposed to do?its the rich and wealthy that run the country,I personally think you need to live outside America to see how crazy the goverment and bankers are? I wont say what country im from but we kinda stereotype americans as stupid, The American Dream so good you have to be asleep for it to happen

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
yea... we know! but maybe you should stop putting the blame on american citizens because they are zombies... right? Therefore they don't know any better. I know that a person would have to have a decent amount of knowledge of the corruption to even have the drive to read this post so chances are no one that matters will read this. MAYBE somebody needs to expose the US government to the whole world, then americans would wake up. AND ITS NOT GONNA BE ME... i may help though

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm the average American also.....I take offense in your summarization of America. No it is not perfect. You forgot to mention all the money the US spreads around the world to help other nations to fight hunger and child labor, improve farming methods, assist with disasters, and spread democracy. I would rather be living in an imperfect America than be living in Lybia with a dictator holding me down. At least I ve had a chance to eek out a life for myself.

edit on 25-2-2011 by liveyourlife because: bad typing

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Legitimacy

And you wonder why people talk about american's the way they do... just wow, sure made yourself look brilliant there!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenbullet56

by confronting someone who is obviously lying? hmmmm, i hope nobody thinks ill of me for that...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I don't appreciate poeple like you attacking people, and mistaking your opinions for fact!
You will never be able to accept you're wrong cause you've been brainwashed to think otherwise, and then you attack people who don't agree with you? You are a real winner! Have fun with your life.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenbullet56

I understand that I am supposed to capitalize I when it is used. The reason I don't is because I'm used to using Word, which does it automatically. If you noticed, I also don't use a cap letter at the beginning of sentences, again because of my experience/familiarity with word. The arrogance gets turned on when someone(you) jumps into a discussion with the sole purpose of talking down about both myself and other americans. The fact that you generalize both americans, and american military members says nothing of you, much less leaves you no room at all to call us jerks. With that being said, I still love hockey, and despite what you think of us, and me, I find Canada to be a very beautiful country and have nothing but respect for its citizens... CHEERS!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Legitimacy

The arrogance was turned on before I jumped in, hence why I jumped in, and I understand if you use M$ word, but it won't do you any good to rely on anything to do stuff for you. We are in a time now, where people need to embrace eachother, and try to understand other people's views, not attack them for thier ways, or thier opinions! I spend alot of time with americans, alot of them are very arrogant, disrespectful, talk down to anyone who doesn't share thier views, and fit the stereotype perfectly. You may not be to thier extremes, but Chief made some good points, you should try to learn from some of them, and just ignore what you don't like, you don't have to comment on everything he says... just drags things on, anyway the american people are not to blame, but your rulers are very responsible for what thier majority people, and country has become!
edit on 27-2-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join