It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me identitfy object in mirror

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
First off hello I have now hit my 20 posts so I can post this in the correct section.
Basically I need help with the below image.
I took this photo at Christmas in 2008 the photo was taken for our facebook christmas album of our xmas decorations, anyway around 2 days after I took the photo I was in bed going through the pics on the camera when I noticed the black shadow in the corner of the mirror it stood out straight away and I started to try and zoom in and see if it was a reflection of some sort but I couldnt figure it out.
I have added some pics for you all to see, the first is the actual photo the next 2 are the photo with the area zoomed in and circled plus a orb looking thing circled but it could honestly be dust or something, the 3rd picture I took at the time I discovered the strange image in the mirror.
Now a bit about the room it's pretty much 10ft square with 1 door which is behind me there was nobody else in the room with me at the time just the dog which you can see sat near the foot of the fireplace.
To me it looks like a face but I am might be just imagining things it actually looks to be in the mirror or reflecting as though it is stood right next to it in which case you would see what ever it is stood there.
Next I have never had any problems in the house and none since and I have never seen a ghost and I am not sure I believe in them at all.
I just want peoples honest opinions as to what they think it is I have shown it to a few friends who have said the same as me that you can see the shape of a head ect and that it looks to be in the mirror/right next to it.
Please help me identify if it is something or what it is?.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the picture but that is an interesting little shrine you got going on there...

I can't really make out what it could be honestly, sorry I can't help much
edit on 2-2-2011 by Sly1one because: on topic

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I'm not sure about the picture but that is an interesting little shrine you got going on there...

I can't really make out what it could be honestly, sorry I can't help much
edit on 2-2-2011 by Sly1one because: on topic

Thanks anyway haha yeah all Xmas cards never know were to put them all

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure about what you think is in the mirror, but the blue eyed schnauzer is freaking me the $&@k out!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

Haha yeah she does look strange with her eyes reflecting like that

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Looks like something peeking at you.

CX

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Not sure, but you have the cutest demon eyed dog ever there.

One question, in the mirror reflection there is a picture on the wall, it appears to show a couple of people in it (is that right). Is there a shadow next to the darker figure on the right as you look at it? It almost looks like it could be the...wait for it...i'm about to confuse myself....the reflection in the wall photo of the person who is reflected in the mirror.

Now if that makes sense, you're a better person than i'll ever be.

CX

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Not sure, but you have the cutest demon eyed dog ever there.

One question, in the mirror reflection there is a picture on the wall, it appears to show a couple of people in it (is that right). Is there a shadow next to the darker figure on the right as you look at it? It almost looks like it could be the...wait for it...i'm about to confuse myself....the reflection in the wall photo of the person who is reflected in the mirror.

Now if that makes sense, you're a better person than i'll ever be.

CX

Yeah kinda understand you haha The picture on the wall is one of those giant pics from Ikea of New York think it's times square its huge but you can see that, thats in the background if you get me and the shadow type thing is right up close/in the mirror dont you think?.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazz-14
Looks like something peeking at you.

Thanks for helping me not sleep tonight haha I am in that room now typing on here but like I say this is the only thing that has ever happend in the house nothing since either

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
By the way the light above it is the standard lamp we have in the corner of opposite side of the room if you get me????. so you can tell how bloomin close the shadow is to the mirror compared to the distance of the lamp.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
wow so u know something about angles or putting a picture ontop ofapicture
good try tho

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
wow so u know something about angles or putting a picture ontop ofapicture
good try tho

Thanks for the reply and I do want every ones opinion like I said... now I know how hard it is getting people to believe you.

edit on 2-2-2011 by sharky980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sharky980

Wow, I don't know what that is. If there wasn't another person in the room then I'm stumped! To me, it doesn't even look like a shadow... looks pretty solid. It blocks out the light. Very strange, I'll give you that much! If you can discount all the likely, "normal" stuff and it's none of that, then that kind of leaves paranormal! And NOTHING strange has ever happened in the house? No out of place noises, or odd feelings or anything???

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

No nothing has ever happend no noises nothing strange at all it was just this annoying photo it annoys me because I just cant figure it out, maybe its just some weird reflection from the camera I have tried taking loads of pics from different angles to try and catch something I even had my girlfriend stand in various places in the room to see reflections not sure what I can do guess I will just keep it as a bit of mystery.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

ok so this is what i think
there is an orb (i dont believe in them as being anything other then problem with the camera)

but maybe
that orb is how the alien in the picture it is an alien face thats for sure,travels into our dimension
now why would he be there ? maybe where he is its somewhere else completly
but then why would the mirror be there for him to be in the reflection?

mirrors are very trippy tho
very hmm not human or something
like a quick glimpse into what really is happening
i can always catch my brain either thinking before ive thought or doing something without thinking
stand by mode.

i just dont know but i do want to believe u (that u didnt tamper with the pic)

edit on 2-2-2011 by questcequecest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

At first I couldn't see what you were talking about but then when you showed the close-up I then saw what does look like a face with a tall, (stretched even), enlarged looking head. Very creepy indeed as almost all paranormal photos are. But, then it started to look like the back side of a dog with the nose just being the tail. The tall hump like head began to look like the top of a dogs, for lack of better words, his butt. Could it be possible that there was a dog in the room at the same time that was walking 'away' from the mirror or sitting/standing there watching the picture being taken and that the dogs 'backside' was reflecting in the mirror?

just a thought.
Bzzzzzz

ps: reminds me of that funny video of a dog with a pair of sunglasses on his backside where his stubby tail was the nose

edit on 2/2/2011 by BuzzingOn because: added ps part

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's Darth Vader! "sharky I am your father"

Now take my demonic pooch for walkies,may the force be with you!
sings "der der der da da der da da der"

Now that i have had my little fun i;m not sure? looks like a Radio with the flex showing?
And the "Orb" does look a little blueish and a bit bigger than the Dust one's.
Do you feel any presence in the room? are you still in the room/house?
edit on 2/2/2011 by stealthyaroura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
...the dark shape in the bottom left corner of the mirror looks like a lamp base - sorta like this one...
www.lampinfo.com...

...in your last pic, which doesnt show the dark shape, you (or someone) removed two things (one off white, one brownish - books maybe) that were previously below the "chin" of the dark shape, laying up against the mirror... thats a bit suspicious...

...the orb is either a finger smudge or a smudge from your dog's nose...

...about the dark shape... it does seem to look like a profile... reminds me of a grey because of the long sloping shape of the face - but - its mouth area is more like a human skeleton... at the bottom right, around the mouth / chin area, if you look real close, theres a creepy shadowy face looking right at ya...

...examples of pareidolia (i cant remember that dang word about half the time but not today, lol) - or - perhaps, something intentionally contrived - but - thats jmo..

en.wikipedia.org...

...btw, really cute dog...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
To me it looks like a head and face. It appears as tho it is very close to the mirror as everything else is in the background. Also I see nothing on the shelf in front of the mirror that would cause this image. Interesting but I am perlexed What ever it is it was there in 08 and hopefully is gone now. Do you recall any other strange happenings at that time? Love ya little demon doggy!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It looks like the back of a girls head, with her hair tossled. I think you may have captured a partial apparition. Its possible its residual, infact if its similiar to yours or anyone in your family it very well may even be yours. Ive captured things like this on occasion. It can be startling, but unless your having significant paranormal actiivity its nothing to be concerned over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join