It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

www.hollywoodreporter.com

CNN producer Steve Brusk Tweeted, "Anderson said he was punched 10 times in the head as pro-Mubarak mob surrounded him and his crew trying to cover demonstration."

Cooper then escaped to the roof of a nearby building, where he said on air that he and his crew were trying to get to a neutral zone between protestors and pro-Mubarak supporters when they "were set upon by pro-Mubarak supporters punching us in the head. The crowd kept growing, kept throwing punches, kicks...suddenly a young man would look at you and punch you in the face."

Cooper told CNN's live blog that the attackers
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, he better hope they don't discover he doesn't like the ladies.

They'll rip him apart-limb by limb. Honestly, I can't believe he thought he could interject himself between the two parties-at this time.

Prior Preparation Prevent Poor Performance

Guess they don't like his program over there either. The hits probably weren't from people protesting but not liking him.

I have to admit that I think it is funny/odd how news people think they are above us or on another level.

www.hollywoodreporter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/2/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

And they couldn't finish him off?

That mob sucks, no wonder Mubarek is still in power.

Riots just aren't what they used to be.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

On TV it looks like one of those John Wayne bar fights in the old west except 1,000 times larger.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will die down. They got what they wanted. A change in leadership in September.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Funny but not surprising that Mubariks supporters are the one inciting violence. Kind of defeats the whole purpose.

link   
reply to post by anon72

Well the BBC fellas managed it pretty well ... I dont think any of them have had a clobbering yet. Is there perhaps some other reason that he and his crew were attacked?
I was watching the BBC reporters earlier , all of them in the crowd, in the thick of it, talking to people about thier political attitude, and who they thought should be in power. They were speaking to pro Mubarak, and anti Mubarak supporters seperately , and no one got smacked in the head over it ! There was a bit of friendly jostling in the crowd, but when you are standing in the worlds biggest moshpit you really ought to expect that!

link   
reply to post by anon72

I was watching CNN last night and must have been right after this. They were on the roof already when I saw it. I was surprised to hear him saying things like " state supported mob" "rent a mob" " sent here by Mubarak mob" mob, mob, mob. I was confused. He was obviously pissed.

When he was talking all that state supported mob business, I thought, what a propaganda piece this is and expected Egyptian troops to come haul him off on the spot.

To be honest, They put themselves in the danger zone, then expect to be not in danger???

I am surprised more journalist are not punched in the face.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I am surprised more journalist are not punched in the face.

Surprised? Or disappointed?

I guess I am both. Drop some pretty, lying, frat boy with a $10M/year gig in the middle of a riot and getting punched a few times surprises him? He should be beaten, robbed, and pregnant by now if that mob had any motivation at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 2-2-2011 by oibena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I only support this because Cooper has a CIA background and it's good to see at least 1 of them get their butt kicked after all the horrible things they have done.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Egyptians cant punch that good.They are excellent walkers though.They even made a great song about their walking skills-walk like an egyptian,i mastered the dance too

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Well hes not the only one thinking that those pro Mubarak groups are part sponsored by the government. Some are some arent, but it might not have been the most sensible thing ever to go round the streets asking about that sort of thing.
Half a chicken (thats actualy what one pro Mubarak supporter was allegedly paid to show up) will buy you a lot of loyalty in some places.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Maybe you are right, maybe a little disappointed. I mean look at what he say's about a riot....

"The crowd kept growing and throwing more punches and kicks and trying to grab us," said Cooper, who was punched 10 times in the head, according to his producer. "It was pandemonium," he went on. "There was no control to it

NO CONTROL???????????

What a sheltered life he must have had.

I must have missed that in the rules of engagement for riots.

source
edit on 2-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What did he think they would do, kiss him?

Oh, he probably did.

Guess he was wrong, eh?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The report was not entirely true.My sources say anderson cooper was caught lurking outside the sacred tomb of king tut.When the mob asked him what he was doing,he responded by screaming,Mind your own business b*****ches.He then charged the mob with brass knuckles,at which point they put a bigtime beatdown on the well known tv personality.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't agree with Coopers views, but you have to give him credit for being in country... He's ALWAYS in the $#@!. Iraq, Iran, Haiti, and now Cairo. Let's drop Sean Hannity or Glen Beck in there and see how they do. Even though they are personalities & not journalists, it would be interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Haha I wonder if he's still pro Egypt, pro Muslim brotherhood, and pro 'democracy' after seeing their true colors.
Same goes with all of the liberal media.
...but I do feel bad for the guy...no one deserves to get hit in the face 10 times- not even liberals

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I want to see this happen, if only because watching the man get turned to quickly cooling mush would be hilarious. You would just be thinking to your self "Oh man, what was the dude THINKING?" .

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well hes not the only one thinking that those pro Mubarak groups are part sponsored by the government.

This is a surprise to you?

The key words are "pro Mubarak". Of course he would pay them to be "pro". Hypothetically, if I was losing my power, I would do the same thing. A dog backed into a corner will become vicious.

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by anon72

And they couldn't finish him off?

That mob sucks, no wonder Mubarek is still in power.

Riots just aren't what they used to be.

While people are DYING in the streets NOW, you make jokes.

For a moderator your comments are the only joke here. You should be ashamed.

Insular and Ignorant imo.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join