It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I find it disturbing that a moderator would advocate for such a thing.

I don't think it's right to advocate for such violence on a site like this.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

great stuff

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not defending the MSM by any means - however Anderson stood the ground pretty well during the BP diaster so I am hoping he wasn't hurt.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Anderson was fighting back.After the incident ,he told reporters he had the mob exactly where he wanted them.He was about to open a can of whoop butt.He said he was just using the rope a dope .He claimed he was about to unleash a barrage of punches,the like of which the middle east hasnt seen since the iron shiek fought the russian bear ivan koloff.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Really..??? You think that's advocating?? Anyone on here has the right to express their beliefs, just as we see the illogical battle between Christians and Atheism on here. Just remember there are no limitations to perception and it's just as ignorant to hold yours on a pedistal.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by nerbot

......some idiot in a $5000 dollar suit and $100,000 worth of equipment....

Maybe if you actually read the article in the OP and look at the picture you would realise that there is NO $5000 suit and no mention of $100,000 worth of equipment. Your comments on this are unfounded and made to justify your prejudice.

he suddenly calls them an "out of control mob."

They WERE out of control. Educate yourself:
AljazeeraLive on youtube

My comments are not a joke, the situation is a joke. Not the riot situation, the reporter situation.

Well, he's there and you're not so kudos to him for giving a damn and helping inform the outside world on the attrocities currently occuring.

I understand your point of view even if I don't know who this guy you joke about is, but to say:

And they couldn't finish him off?
That mob sucks, no wonder Mubarek is still in power.
Riots just aren't what they used to be.

Is still ignorant imo.

Have your fun while murder and destruction continues on the streets of Cairo.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

Well you figure, when it's reported that someone was attacked and one of the replies was "And they didn't finish him off?", would you not think that was advocating for them to finish him off, as in kill him?

I know this site is famous for disinfo and pushing a hidden agenda and that just jumped out when I read it. It's not professional.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The silver fox was not sly enough this time........hahahaha. Now if only politicians and celebrities could receive the same heart warming hospitality. One hell of a greeting isn't it.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

They WERE out of control.

I'll say it one last time. If they "WERE" out of control, then why did he only get pushed around and hit a little, and why was he still able to leave and continue broadcasting? And, the equipment that a network correspondent broadcasts with is at least $100k, probably a lot more, I was giving a conservative estimate.

I'll step out now, as my comments seem to have led us down the wrong road. My opinions are my own, becoming a Moderator does not change one's personality. I will continue to post my opinions as a member first. The extra little label under my name is something I don't mind doing and I am honored to have been chosen to help out, but it doesn't pay anything, and it won't change the way I post.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If i were anderson coopers kin folk,i would be on a plane to cairo.When i got there,then you would see angry.
edit on 2-2-2011 by brindle because: mistake

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
I only support this because Cooper has a CIA background and it's good to see at least 1 of them get their butt kicked after all the horrible things they have done.

You got proof of this CIA background? It seems dubious given the following 2 points

1. He's gay
2. He's rich as cream even before he started as a journalist because his mother was a vanderbilt... yep, those vanderbilts.

Also, the mob that attacked him was not the anti-gov mob... it was the pro-mubarak mob

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well if you're going to be playing in the fire, expect to get burned. "Out of control mob"??? These people are in the midst of something far bigger than Mr. Cooper and his agenda to put on a show for MSM. If the media wants to wants to directly engage at that level to cover a story, then expect to become a part of it. Anderson Cooper is nothing but a smug MSM puppet and is completely irrelevant to what is going on. In my opinion, the media is very unprofessional to say the least to even feel like they have a free pass to everything they stick their nose in. Calling a moderator "unprofessional" for those comments are far from logical when you compare it to MSM. I really wouldn't question the Moderator's professionalism relative to any other journalistic or opinionated mediums. On 9/11 our own government advocated ruthless violence against an entity that we don't even know actually exists; this tone also translated into the MSM..oh but that was okay.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Let these egyptians fight it out.This isnt our problem.Our problem is the devaluation of our currency,our high unemployment,govt spending...We have all the oil we need right here.Better yet,fly some over to be guests on the jerry springer show.The show could use a good egyptian brawl

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sky News reporter Alex Crawford was caught up by protesters filming them when some of the mob thought she and other reporters were pro-Mubarak. They got ushered into their hotel pretty quickly until the hotel kicked them out fearing attacks against the building and staff for having them there.
edit on 2-2-2011 by curious7 because: Wrong name of reporter, sorry

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would say Egypt is a concern for the US. The US gives them over a billion dollars a year in USAID. So if we are to forget about them and let them do what they want then lets start by not giving them anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You know much about intelligence services?

1. He's gay 2. He's rich as cream even before he started as a journalist because his mother was a vanderbilt... yep, those vanderbilts

Both of these are great stuffing when you send a resume' to the CIA.

Edit to add:
Throw 'International Journalist' on that resume'.... and you're sure to be hired!

edit on 2-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The Egyptian Health Ministry have just said a member of the security forces has been killed in the clashes in Cairo.... It is beleived that he is a conscript, probably a policeman...

As they are NO WHERE to be seen then that must MEAN that the PRO-Mubarak forces were 'off-duty' or plain clothed Police ???

PDUK

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

You're not getting the point, are you?

You do realize that calling for violence against people only emboldens the MSM and the government and their case against you?

I see that no one learned from Jared Lougher.

link   
Kind of funny that CNN hasn't said a word about this all day and doesn't even have it on their website. You know damn well if one of their top Newsboys got hurt, they wouldn't shut up about it for days.
Not only that, but Fox News would have a field day with that story. Yet....nothing. I call bogus.
edit on 2/2/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
I don't agree with Coopers views, but you have to give him credit for being in country...

Why should he or any other "journalist" get credit for being in country?

They aren't there to tell you what's happening. They are there for the money shot.

The other poster is right. They are arrogant and see themselves as above the rest. They go to "report the news" but don't give a damn about what's really going on. They just want to get their version on the air and make that big ole biased media paycheck.

The Egyptians didn't buy into Coopers crap? Maybe they are smarter than Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join