It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I disagree. Mods are Humans also and are even allow to reply.

Some people respond to things in ways you may not like but it doens't make their opinions any less important.

And, I believe, once they make a post to the topic etc the Mod hat comes off.

Not one person here is or has made fun of the Egyptian concerns.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Geez , I thought Bleeding Heart Liberals like Cooper knew how to " Relate ' To the Masses......Oh well , hope he has good Health Insurance ...

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Exactly my point.

While people are dying in the streets, some idiot in a $5000 dollar suit and $100,000 worth of equipment inserts himself into the middle of it, and when they react violently, and he gets a little bruised up, he suddenly calls them an "out of control mob."

My comments are not a joke, the situation is a joke. Not the riot situation, the reporter situation. He is lucky to have survived, and the fact that he is still broadcasting is proof that the people on the ground are much more intelligent and civilized than he deserves! If they are such an uncivilized mob, should have finished him off.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It may look like that on TV, but people are dying there. There are women and children among the pro-democracy protesters. They are being stoned and injured, firebombed, having concrete blocks, furniture and satellite dishes dropped on them from buildings above by thugs who came there expressly to attack them and suppress the demonstration. Its no joke.

And Mubarak wont last until September. This is a full on revolution, it won't die down.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Too bad they didn't finish the little MSM ego maniac off.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by anon72

Haha I wonder if he's still pro Egypt, pro Muslim brotherhood, and pro 'democracy' after seeing their true colors.
Same goes with all of the liberal media.
...but I do feel bad for the guy...no one deserves to get hit in the face 10 times- not even liberals

What?!!

"After seing their true colours"? AND *ranting* against the people who are pro 'democracy' ?

Ahh! is this a statement from some delusional fascist, or?

Sorry, but you must be seriously confused dude!

Anderson wasn't attacked by the anti-Mubarak supporters and the Muslim Brotherhood at the Tahrir Square!

It was the Pro-Mubarak crowd (with plainclothes police & security forces) who were attacking Anderson Cooper and the CNN crew!

Please get the facts right!

Peace!
edit on 2-2-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

link   
Another source has reported before running away,anderson did land a few clean shots.However,they were the girlie slaps that are real awkward.After landing 3 clean slaps,the recipient fell down laughing hysterically.It was at this point anderson cooper ran in humiliation to a rooftop to regroup.He was seen going through a martial arts kata screaming, im hong kong phooey and ill chop you to pieces.His staff arrived shortly to subdue him.All reports have him resting comfortably at the local sauna house.

link   
reply to post by freedish

Come on, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

edit on 2-2-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm glad he's ok and before we go making judgments, I think some investigating needs to be done to see if someone or more than one are responsible for bringing this about to achieve a greater objective. As for you that bash this man, he had no trouble calling out BP & the Federal government for their lies and misuse of power during the oil spill.
edit on 2-2-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Finish him off?

Are you saying that an innocent man should have been killed?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

No its not a shock, Im just saying that to provide context to Coopers statements about the paid protesters. Yes he said these things while pretty angry, but it makes them no less true, is what I was basicaly trying to say there. Sorry of that was not clear.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Seems that way. Some people only want morality and justice when it benefits them.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Show me an innocent man.

I am saying exactly what I said. Is it me today, or has everyone caught the mamby-pamby flu?

The guy took a few punches because he was between two, violent, opposing crowds of protestors in a volatile country on the verge, or maybe in the middle of a revolution. AND he called them a "mob" that was "out of control" yet somehow him and his expensive equipment survived?

I am saying, if things are so bad, why didn't they finish him off? I am saying, what did he expect to happen? I am saying, why isn't he thankful to be alive, and why isn't he applauding them for the restraint they showed?

Head over to Murder Row in New Orleans. Wait til the rival gangs in the two housing projects go at one another one night, and grab your camcorder and get between them and try to talk. Tell me how that works out, and then tell me if Anderson Cooper is justified in calling these people out of control!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am really looking to travel.I want to go somewhere where it is warm.I bet with these people having their jerry springer auditions,i can get a cheap rate.I will call my travel agent now.I wonder if they have any camels available .

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If you are an American, you will know in our country one is innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

You sir are no judge or jury.

I assure you I do not have mamby pamby flu.

I also do not advocate violence against innocent people.

If the text was taken out of context, then it should be clearer. I wouldn't want to end up on a stupid list for something taken out of context.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I hear there are some great buys on antiquities right now too! Don't forget to pack light and leave room for all the souvenirs you can bring home.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

He was attacked by Mubarak's supporters.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Maybe it is me, it just seems ATS is particularly serious and bleeding-heart today. I don't have a lot of empathy for the beds so many people have made, and then whine about lying in, especially rich, pretty-boy celebrities. I have a lot of work to do, maybe I will take a short sabbatical for the afternoon and see if my attitude improves. If not, then I'll know for sure it was you guys, LOL!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by brindle

I hear there are some great buys on antiquities right now too! Don't forget to pack light and leave room for all the souvenirs you can bring home.
You were reading my mind,what better time to find some buried treasure?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, I didn't see the fight or after (cable was knocked out in storm) but I watching when the pro Mubarak crowd started getting rowdy. Ben Wedeman and Anderson were talking and it was Ben that said the pro Mubarak people were a paid rent a mob.

He said during elections and protests Mubarak pays people 20 pounds per person to "support" him and cause trouble. He said it is neither uncommon or unheard of, it's common knowledge. I'm gonna take his word for it as he actually lives in Cairo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join