It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

If it were Alex Jones, people on here would be kissing up to him at every chance.

Remember people, birds of a feather flock together. I wouldn't be surprised if 'ol Alex has some strings that lead back to the CIA as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It may look like that on TV, but people are dying there. There are women and children among the pro-democracy protesters. They are being stoned and injured, firebombed, having concrete blocks, furniture and satellite dishes dropped on them from buildings above by thugs who came there expressly to attack them and suppress the demonstration. Its no joke.

And Mubarak wont last until September. This is a full on revolution, it won't die down.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, eventually people will get tired and hungry.
They will calm down and wait until September.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The radicals with an agenda will raise hell and demand all sorts of things.
It looks like a play very similar to what George Soros would orchestrate.
Act I, Act II, Act III.....intermission....Act IV and then finally ........The Goal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The truth is that the overwhelming majority of the population got what they wanted.
A different leader will be in charge in September.
It may look a lot like Iraq. Chaos but then order.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
egypt.usaid.gov...

A PARTNERSHIP FOR PROSPERITY
The U.S. Government through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has made significant contributions over the past 30 years to help improve the quality of life of all Egyptians. Nationwide programs in health, education, trade facilitation, small and micro-enterprise, tourism, and infrastructure development have benefited Egyptians acrosscountry, especially those in under-served areas. US economic assistance to Egypt through the United States Agency for International Development has totaled more than $28.6 billion since 1975.

28.6 billion given to them since 1975.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yeah sorry, I meant Alex Crawford, I went back to edit her correct surname in my post

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As soon as Cooper and his two sidekicks started in with the "Rent a mob" rhetoric last night I knew the "Rent a mob rhetoric" was simply pure Intelligence Community propaganda. Did you see their shifty little eyes darting off camera, constantly checking with their "producers/handlers" to make sure they were "on topic" - i.e. sending the "right" message to us poor, blind sheeple...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

why do people care

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Anybody involved with giving any other country financial aid at this time,given the dire straits our country is in,the inabillty to pay our own debts as a country,should be terminated immediately.All foreign aid needs to be stopped indefinitely.A general population vote needs to be stablished on foreign aid immediately.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Kind of funny that CNN hasn't said a word about this all day and doesn't even have it on their website. You know damn well if one of their top Newsboys got hurt, they wouldn't shut up about it for days.
Not only that, but Fox News would have a field day with that story. Yet....nothing. I call bogus.
edit on 2/2/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

They talked about it a number of times today. They were on the phone with Cooper in the last hour.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

My guess is ats members will be more supportive of Alex Jones than AC.

IDK I think AC is a decent guy and here he is again risking his safety for a job that he doesn't need. My opinion is at some level he genuinely cares about getting the "truth" out. Do I think he deserves my 100% trust, no but he does try to maintain a level of integrity. Let's face it he doesn't need to be in any of these places, he's been loaded from birth, this is his choice.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

It is on CNN's website.

edit on 2-2-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by anon72

And they couldn't finish him off?

That mob sucks, no wonder Mubarek is still in power.

Riots just aren't what they used to be.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Head over to Murder Row in New Orleans. Wait til the rival gangs in the two housing projects go at one another one night, and grab your camcorder and get between them and try to talk. Tell me how that works out, and then tell me if Anderson Cooper is justified in calling these people out of control!

That is quite ironic. I was thinking the same thing when I found out what all the fuss was about. I mean he should call it like it is rather than talk about what a bunch of savages that are surrounding him.

"Folks, I am in the middle of a possible revolution. I am taking a great risk out here and can understand how a lawless territory can not go as planned. I'll get back to you".

I lived in New Orleans for 10 years before Katrina. I know an out of control mob, years before the storm, and am damn lucky to be alive.

They don't bitch slap, chant and let you leave with your belongings. He was around a non hostile group.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

My point is, it had to be staged. Because CNN hasn't made a single mention of it all day today. Thats how CNN downplays a scripted "incident". They just don't mention it. If it weren't staged, you bet CNN would be all over this and it would be a constant headline.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

They have mentioned it. It's on their webiste, with video, and another poster saw it on tv.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Funny...I've had my TV on CNN all day and haven't heard or seen a single word about it.

link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
As soon as Cooper and his two sidekicks started in with the "Rent a mob" rhetoric last night I knew the "Rent a mob rhetoric" was simply pure Intelligence Community propaganda. Did you see their shifty little eyes darting off camera, constantly checking with their "producers/handlers" to make sure they were "on topic" - i.e. sending the "right" message to us poor, blind sheeple...

Yeah, they never miss a trick.

--------------------------------------------------
It must be written in the liberal bible somewhere.
- Never Let A Perfectly Good Crisis Go To Waste. -
Chris Mathews is also trying to teach the American people how to think.
Bill O'Reilly busted him again.
Comcast better fire him soon if they want a successful NBC.

link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The radicals with an agenda will raise hell and demand all sorts of things.

"The radicals with an agenda" ?

What?!!

Por favor!

Are you seriously that indoctrinated?

This is a popular public uprising by the people of Egypt from all walks of life WHO WANT DEMOCRACY and their FREEDOM!

They are fighting against Mubarak's authoritarian dictatorship which btw is sponsored by the US!

"The radicals with an agenda will raise hell and demand all sorts of things"

Yeah! the people of Egypt will demand the end of the dictatorship AND they want their freaking human rights and democracy!

:shk:

edit on 2-2-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Be that as it may, I figured I'd post it since people are too focused on Cooper being attacked for who he is and his personal life rather than the possibility that the crowds are sporadically attacking whoever they believe is more supportive of their opposing view.

Lets not allow personal feeling on the guy to cloud judgment, especially since Alex Crawford was also attacked and she has been a respected Middle East correspondent for a number of years.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

IDK I think AC is a decent guy and here he is again risking his safety for a job that he doesn't need. My opinion is at some level he genuinely cares about getting the "truth" out. Do I think he deserves my 100% trust, no but he does try to maintain a level of integrity. Let's face it he doesn't need to be in any of these places, he's been loaded from birth, this is his choice.

Honestly I don't think Cooper 'is all there' during his Hurrican Katrina escapades he and his crew actually came up on a stranded dog, perched on a little make shift island of wood and boxes he had found to get up out of the flood waters.

Cooper surmized he would be thirsty, and while sadly lamenting he could do nothing to help the dog but to give it some fresh non-poluted water he puts a couple bottles of bottle water on the platform with the dog, with the twist tops still securely on, like the dog is going to untwist the tops later and drink them.

With friends like Anderson who needs enemies?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i personnaly think the US should mind thier own business when it comes to Egypt,
like obama makig these statemenst when his heath care bill is being sought after...

Mubaruk has been in power for thrity years, oh so thats why we care, he a customer, yea
you guys didnt notice the M1A1 Abhrams, and M113 APCs that are patroling the streets,

im thinking those were bought from america, i have been watching aljeezra trying to see if i can
ID the types of small arms the military is carrying too, cause they still have other tanks
like T-64's if in not mistaken...

and here comes cooper [im gonna go to these protest and ask a bunch of pissed off people how they feel]
they should have sent sanjay gupta

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join