It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen 'Wolf Pack' Arrested for kidnapping and hanging a boy [he survived] Bullying out of control?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
America's youth getting more out of control? Teens video taped themselves attacking a 13 year old boy, stuffing him in a tree and then hanging him from a 7 foot high fence. Luckily, he was not seriously hurt but in a strange twist, the victim has been told not to return to his middle-school class and his family was forced to move after receiving additional threats. Take a look at the video. Disturbing in more ways then one...

Authorities in Pennsylvania say they arrested a "wolf pack" of teenagers in connection with an assault on a 13-year-old boy who police say was kidnapped and hung from a fence post.

Nadin Khoury, of Upper Darby, Pa., was walking home from school on Jan. 11 when he was attacked by a group of teenagers who punched, kicked and dragged him through the snow before stuffing him in a tree and hanging him by his coat on a 7-foot-high fence, police said.

"When I got down from off the tree, they caught me again and starting kicking me and punching me," Nadin said. "And they put me on the gate."

Video Link

News link - NY Daily

News link - Fox

edit on 1-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ahh...tough'n up kid...these types of experiences will put hair on your chest~

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Not funny.

This kind of bullying is getting out of control. Especially when a VICTIM is warned not to come back to his school, for his own safety, by the school itself. Something is very wrong, with that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Ahh...tough'n up kid...these types of experiences will put hair on your chest~

do you need help?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Will love the day when these punks, and others like them roll up on an armed citizen. More the reason for hi-cap magazines.

Deebo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

As the saying goes, twelve mangy dogs can kill a lion.

That said, the lion's going to take a few out, and no one will cry.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
These things have been happening since boys discovered they had hands that could form fists.
But, doesn't make it right.
What should have happened is the boys father takes his son to the house of each kid, and they go at it in he backyard.
The fathers also need to discuss the fact that one of the kids is a bully and needs to be reminded what happens to bullys.

Exact type of thing that happened to me growing up. 4 kids vs. me. Whipped up on each one when it was a fair fight.

edit on 1-2-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

link   

and if it was your 13 yr old child would you say the same. Self defense is needed but a group of kids vs 1? Thats cowardly...

edit on 1-2-2011 by inthemass because: (no reason given)

link   
I've been bullied.....and used to be a bully myself, BUT sh1t just got out of hand, folks.
Back in the days, my boys and I just did for the fun of it ..... at some point we were forced (by our parents) to go over bullied individuals' house to apologize .... as growing older I understand what is right and what is not. Sh1t end right there and then.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You know, if this was some backyard "boys will be boys" kinda thing, maybe not so serious, but this kid was warned not to come back to school (by officials) and his family had to move (because of threats) this is not the same thing that you're describing.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
America's youth getting more out of control?

...bullies arent a new problem... we just hear about it more than we did prior to the internet...

...if this boy's mom hadnt pressed charges, we probably wouldnt be hearing about this one since he wasnt hospitalized or killed...

...this boy's school administration is part of the problem... they told him not to come back to school, which is punishing the victim, imo... i'd like to hear their excuse for that...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Why the need for a trial? The video evidence should be enough for the police to charge the bullies, unless the parents are looking for money by the parents of the bullies.

I never found a school board that I liked. Why are they telling the victum he isnt allowed in school? Do they think the bullies are the victums? It wouldn't surprise me.

Please keep us updated if you discover anything new with this story.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

You know, if this was some backyard "boys will be boys" kinda thing, maybe not so serious, but this kid was warned not to come back to school (by officials) and his family had to move (because of threats) this is not the same thing that you're describing.

Sounds like the officials are bullys as well. I think that the kid and the family should stick up for themselves. I would have no problem telling where they could stick their advice and warnings.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The officials are bullies? or are they being realistic in that they cannot provide protection for their students? If the latter, what does that say about the district and those who attend?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm usually all about calm, rational, peaceful resolution. It's kinda my thing.

Having stated that...

That group of bullies needed the absolute TAR beat out of them. There in the streets, not in the courts.

You can hear that poor little boy crying and screaming, cowering, whimpering.

If you can stand there, in a group, each of you twice the target's size, and age(approx).'

If you can stand there and inflict harm and humiliation on a poor soul while it screams, pleads and cowers...

You need the holy hell beat out of you. Street justice style.

Had I seen that firsthand, or had that victim been my child, well I'd probably be in jail right now.

X

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

This is bad. But when I first moved to a new area as a kid a (70's) popular boy flirted with me on the first day of school and it resulted in a dog back besetting me every day after school...until I came up with a strategy thanks to my older brother. And that was that.

This is really not new, OP. Bully gangs have always been around public schools in urban areas like this. Usually it is just verbal and social harassment rather than violent. But this is nothing new.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Never said it wasn't new... but is it getting worse? If not, is how children are being taught to handle it, now lacking?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Not funny.

This kind of bullying is getting out of control. Especially when a VICTIM is warned not to come back to his school, for his own safety, by the school itself. Something is very wrong, with that.

I have to assume that maybe the "victim" was actually the problem if the school warned him not to come back. Sometimes people have a way of picking, prodding, and tormenting their peers while in a safe environment, but then they can't take the retribution when it happens outside of that safe zone.

I'm not sure we'll ever get the backstory, but based on the school's reaction, I don't think this was an innocent victim.

Also, since the "wolfpack" didn't do any permanent damage, and basically hung him on a fence by his coat (a favorite prank of ours when I was this age), it doesn't seem as if these "bullies" really intended to do any harm. We used to hang my little brother and his buddies up on fences, light poles, or whatever we could find when it was winter and they had big coats. We even hung a couple of them up by their underwear in a super-wedgie pose one day! We were kids, it happens. My brother and I are very close, there wasn't any permanent psychological mamby-pambyism, just kids being kids. He learned to hold his own, and he returned some lumps later on.

I also had an experience with some little crybaby in school that was constantly tormenting girls, and whining to administration that he was bullied, and playing the victim, but in the shadows he was threatening rape, and window peeping, and making prank calls, and taking perverted pictures, we all knew it, but he had the ear of the administration and he was off-limits at school, but one night I caught him outside a girlfriends window, and I beat him until I couldn't lift my arms any more, then her brother stepped in and took over and beat him some more, and would you believe he was back talking more smack the next week? He did wind up having a short life though, so I guess he eventually rubbed the wrong person the right way......or vice versa?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hate to break it to ya, but hazing, in all degrees is a facet of life. Deal with it~!

BTW, what evidence does anyone have that the poor lil black kid was innocent? Remember, there are two sides to every story~ For all we know, the lil kid stole some rims off of the older kids car, or maybe slept with the older kids sister? And thats my point, we dont know.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by sara123123

Never said it wasn't new... but is it getting worse? If not, is how children are being taught to handle it, now lacking?

I think it is getting worse, but I think it is getting worse because the adults and law are meddling too much. There has to be a certain amount of right of passage.

As an example, if I get new dogs, and I try my best to keep them separated, they will do everything in their power to get at one another and probably fight. But, if I throw them in the yard and leave them alone, the fight will be short-lived and a natural organization will form. It doesn't matter how many dogs I throw out there, as long as I let nature take its course, the dogs will learn to co-exist, but if I start meddling, the dogs are liable to kill one another. Worse yet, I am liable to get hurt while I meddle. *************** That is where we are now. We are meddling so much, that the kids can't learn to co-exist, and the kids and the administration are all getting hurt because of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join