It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen 'Wolf Pack' Arrested for kidnapping and hanging a boy [he survived] Bullying out of control?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Ahh...tough'n up kid...these types of experiences will put hair on your chest~

I have a few dollars, lets fly you out here to Arizona. Lets toughen you up too and see how fast you rescind that stupid statement.
edit on 1-2-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
totally not surprised. "Land of the Free" yeah right. "land of lets do what ever the [snip] we want" is more accurate.

Hazing, any bullying, is outright assault. I used to play for sports teams and have had a few "try" to haze me. I sound like a pussy, but I ran out of locker room each time. Then mouthed off the guys for trying. (im big, but I did not want to fight for nothing. I made my point. You want me on the team, DONT haze me!, or else I will just drop off the team and tell everyone its because my teammates are animals and I want no part. There was never hazing done at the school after that. I got my point across.

BTW Im known in my circle as the one to stop arguements or fights.. For some reason no one wants to even try to piss me off.. lol lol.. great for me, cause Im a lover

edit on 1/2/11 by masqua because: censor circumvention removed

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
first you get the address of the parents for each bully

then you make a cocktail of sand suitable for paint stripping, sugar and rust and 1/2 gallon of high proof spirits
for each tank

then you find their cars and pour the substrate in to the gas tanks

go home and await results

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Group of cowardice jerks.... Attacks a kid much smaller than them... The second that some one their size comes up, or rather, the second the fight becomes a bit more fair, they run off like the cowards they are....

What can I say? I am glad those thugs are off the street for now.... Hope this kid is safer in his new home.... But it really sucks that he had to move away just to be safe..... It's a crazy world....

edit on 1-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I used to play for sports teams and have had a few "try" to haze me. I sound like a pussy, but I ran out of locker room each time. Then mouthed off the guys for trying. (im big, but I did not want to fight for nothing. I made my point. You want me on the team, DONT haze me!, or else I will just drop off the team and tell everyone its because my teammates are animals and I want no part. There was never hazing done at the school after that. I got my point across.

I don't believe in hazing just for the sake of hazing, but I also don't believe in running from anything....ever. I have a hard time believing you made any point by running, except for what you already pointed out.

They should have let you leave the team, who wants a crybaby or coward on their team? It isn't fighting over "nothing" if you are defending yourself. In most cases, you don't even have to win, you just have to stand up for yourself, and the bullying stops, and you are now a trusted member of the team. Things get hard sometimes, it doesn't matter if it is in a close football game, a warzone, or a bathroom in a bar, your trusted friends and mates need to know that you are willing and capable of standing up for yourself. That is what hazing is all about. Who has the tenacity to make it and who doesn't, because we don't want to find that quality out when the game or our life is on the line, we want to know it ahead of time!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by macman

The officials are bullies? or are they being realistic in that they cannot provide protection for their students? If the latter, what does that say about the district and those who attend?

You put that the officials urged the family to move. The officials are playing bully and victim.
The school should not be urging families to move. They should do their job, educate and protect the child when in their care.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by sara123123

Never said it wasn't new... but is it getting worse? If not, is how children are being taught to handle it, now lacking?

Well, I think you are right that it is worse now because there is a lack of teaching kids how to handle it. It is my parents who sent me to my brother and my brother and his friends to took care of it for me. When my youngest was being bullied and came to me, I had him go to his older brother and his brother and his friends handled it. When it happened to another little kid in the neighborhood (single child), and his mom came to me, I told her to tell her son to talk to my youngest son about it. He and his friends stopped it from happening. If I had not had an older brother, I would have gone to some older boys at church... Boys are both bullies and nobel. Depends on what part of them is being called upon to manifest in life.

When my boys were young they had a non-violent program at school where they tried to get the boys to sign a pledge that they would never use violence. I would not let them sign that oath. They are strong people and good people and they may need to defend themselves or some woman from being raped some day - with violence. I had them taught them to fight but was a "extremist" about good character and using your head/self discipline. One of those boys actually did stop a gang rape as a college student.

So you see the difference between brainless "non-violence" and character educated power? We don't have character educated power anymore for males.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
first you get the address of the parents for each bully

then you make a cocktail of sand suitable for paint stripping, sugar and rust and 1/2 gallon of high proof spirits
for each tank

then you find their cars and pour the substrate in to the gas tanks

go home and await results

Sorry, but that is just as cowardice as 4 on 1.
Face to face. 1 on 1.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't believe in hazing just for the sake of hazing, but I also don't believe in running from anything....ever. I have a hard time believing you made any point by running, except for what you already pointed out.

They should have let you leave the team, who wants a crybaby or coward on their team?

So he is a crybaby because he did not want to be hazed? What?

You talk about him saying that he should have stood up for himself... Are you aware that standing up for yourself does not always mean fighting? Apparently not. If you disagree, just you ask Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

There is more than one way to handle a bully. Yes, Fighting is one. But not all people are willing to do that. Other people use their heads rather than their fists.... This man you call a cry baby, used his head and it worked....

So whether he stood up to them by using his fists or not, he still stood up to them... Shame on you for even suggesting other wise.

Think about this. Fighting a bully may get them to leave you alone... But does it stop that bully from just going after another person? Does it? Sure maybe you are being left alone now, but how can you sleep, knowing that there are others being bullied now?

This person used their head and thanks to him, no one was bullied anymore.... See what I am getting at? Fists may work short term... but the long term solution to violence..... Is not more violence....

edit on 1-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Those guys were big - that kid was small.
They were many - that kid was one.
They were stupid - he was smart.
They are in jail - he is free.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Let's try to keep civil while discussing the topic.

On a thread about bullying, the way forward is to not bully or cast negative comments about your fellow members.
edit on 1/2/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I see your point, but I was speaking in the narrow term of the sports team that he was a member of. In that narrow environment, a person should embrace the testosterone fueled rituals, earn their bones, and become a respected member of that unit........if they so desire. OR they should not be on that team in the first place. But, running away, and then talking smack in some other safety zone (be it coaches, parents, or cheerleaders) is an extremely slimy way to handle it.

I will admit that standing up to a bully is not the best approach in all situations, and could even get a person hurt or killed. It is important to use your head, and be aware of your situation. I will also admit that running away in an extreme circumstance is very prudent!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My main argument here is, how do we know that the "victim" or the "small" or the "1" was not the guilty party, and the "bullies" were not giving a well-deserved warning or justified retribution?

I see these facts, and they make me think something is amiss:
1. The school asked the "victim" to not return.
2. The "bullies" didn't do any major harm, and their actions were mostly prankster.

Maybe they really were bad kids, a gang, bullies, or just plain mean, and maybe they deserve to be in jail, BUT we can't tell that can we? Because maybe the other kid was a bad kid, and he had gotten away with a lot because he was small, and because he played a good victim, and maybe he was finally getting some just desserts?

I just want to be devil's advocate here and remind us all that things are not so clear cut as a headline, label, or soundbite would have us believe. In most cases, when you get to the bottom of a story, there is much, much more to it!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I will admit that standing up to a bully is not the best approach in all situations, and could even get a person hurt or killed. It is important to use your head, and be aware of your situation. I will also admit that running away in an extreme circumstance is very prudent!

That, I agree with... I admit, I have never backed down from a fight. But at the same time I have never started one either... Going around talking smack would only make a bullying situation worse in most cases. That is not to say that one should not ask for help from a teacher, parent or coach though.

Sometimes, standing up to a person, using your fists is just stupid.... But again, I have never backed down from a fight, even if it seemed like I did not have much of a chance.... I always had more respect for myself on a personal level, standing up, rather than just running off... But as we agree... Sometimes, the smartest thing to do, is to back off and just get help....

But yeah, running off and talking smack... Just... dumb.

So basically, fighting is not always the answer. Sometimes the best way to handle it is to get help.

Again, I have never backed down from a bully. Period.... But that is not always smart.... It's worked for me. But not all people can fight, like I can.

I want to make it clear that when I say I have always fought.... Fighting has ALWAYS been a LAST resort for me. I never went looking to fight anyone. I've always tried to handle things diplomatically, if you will... When that doesn't work.... Then... Well....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Le Colonel

I used to play for sports teams and have had a few "try" to haze me. I sound like a pussy, but I ran out of locker room each time. Then mouthed off the guys for trying. (im big, but I did not want to fight for nothing. I made my point. You want me on the team, DONT haze me!, or else I will just drop off the team and tell everyone its because my teammates are animals and I want no part. There was never hazing done at the school after that. I got my point across.

They should have let you leave the team, who wants a crybaby or coward on their team? It isn't fighting over "nothing" if you are defending yourself. In most cases, you don't even have to win, you just have to stand up for yourself, and the bullying stops, and you are now a trusted member of the team. Things get hard sometimes, it doesn't matter if it is in a close football game, a warzone, or a bathroom in a bar, your trusted friends and mates need to know that you are willing and capable of standing up for yourself. That is what hazing is all about. Who has the tenacity to make it and who doesn't, because we don't want to find that quality out when the game or our life is on the line, we want to know it ahead of time!

HAHA so I should have stayed and got beaten on. Stripped naked and whipped.. nice thought there "forum moderator" Its not being coward to back away from a bunch of animals.

And I did leave the teams, because most of these guys turned out to be womanizing assholes who enjoy making fun of anyone and everyone. Not really my cup of tea. By your comment, I would imagine that you would be great friends with the nonhumans

edit to add: I never back down from a fight, in fact I will throw myself into situations to even out the playing field. I was talking highschool, and it is NEVER cool to pick on and assault someone.. regardless of what YOU think,
edit on 1-2-2011 by Le Colonel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is a very fine line between the categories of hazing, boys will be boys, and bullying. Who decides what that line is, when it's crossed and how it's handled?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was aggressively bullied, when I was that age, or at least until the first time I fought back. They just have to learn not to be seen as an easy target. I was picked on because I typically didn't do anything to defend myself. I would have gotten in trouble at home, and I was a good kid you know. The bullies pretty much left me alone once they got the idea that any day could be the day I try to bash their head in again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join