It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Master Mason

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There will always be esoteric connections between mystics of different traditions, even if they have had no contact or affiliation or influence on each other. Its the nature of mysticism to produce esoterica, and the esoteric models they produce will be similar because the underlying archetypes are the same for everyone. No direct contact is required.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I know things are a little different in European Masonry, but surely the 3rd Degree still states that "no higher honor" can be bestowed upon you by anybody?

Such a statement is not found in the third degree as worked in my jurisdiction, nor do I recall ever hearing it in other jurisdictions. In the first degree in many jurisdictions, however, it is said that the apron is the highest honor that can be bestowed.

There isn't any requirement to go beyond 3 degrees, and it doesn't make someone any more or less of a Mason to go beyond those 3 degrees, so therefore, anything learned after the 3rd Degree would not be a core lesson of Masonry, it would be part of something else, something appendent to Masonry. No?

I would say no. You are certainly correct that there is no requirement for a Master Mason to receive the Holy Royal Arch, but on the other hand, there is no technical requirement for an Apprentice to receive the degree of Fellow Craft. The Apprentice elects to receive the degree of Fellow Craft of his own free will and accord because he seeks more light in Masonry, but the Order of Fellow Crafts is not "appendant" to the Order of Apprentices. In like manner, Master Masons may elect to seek more light in Masonry in the Royal Arch or Order of Perfection.

Also, when you say anything learned after the 3rd degree would not be a core lesson in Masonry, I must disagree. The third degree was not even worked in 1717 when the Premiere Grand Lodge was founded in London. The Antients appeared to have begun working the Royal Arch and Master Mason degrees at about the same time, and the 14° of the Scottish Rite can be seen as French version of the Royal Arch.

A little more on topic, what do you think of the chances of Jesus being a Mason? I think the chances are pretty decent in favor of it because of his relation to Saint John.

That would depend on what the OP meant by "Mason". Obviously, Jesus didn't don a Masonic apron, Senior Deacon's jewel, and tux and head out to the Lodge on Thursday nights. However, if by "Mason" the OP meant "initiate", that's a different story. There is good reason to believe that Jesus may have been an Essene, which could sort have been considered the "Freemasonry" of that place and time.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Not sure about the Mason connection, but there most definitely is an esoteric connection. Interesting that from age 12 (numerologically a 3 as 1+2=3) nothing is recorded of Jesus' life until age 30 (also a 3), where he performed his miracles and "mission" for 3 years until the age of 33 when he was crucified. Just sayin...
The lost years are chronicled in Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. A good read.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
INTERESTING FACT: jesus went to india where he learnt to lower his heart rate so they thought he was dead.

Interesting.I always thought he was in India for 18y.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I would say that if anyone thinks the name of God is not important in Freemasonry, they either have not been exalted to the degree of Royal Arch Mason or received the degree of Perfection in the Ancient and Accepted Rite. Or, if they have, have not paid much attention!

Sounds like I really need to finish up the Master Craftsman program or try to recall more from that REALLY long reunion here in the New Orleans Valley. ;-) (Going to do the former once I can catch a breather in medical studies.)

Seriously though, I know well those letters you're referring to and took your meaning. I simply meant that many of us knew God's name before we advanced to degrees along side the blue lodge and find that name important even though the fraternity doesn't necessarily (from an initiatic standpoint).

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcot

That early Christianity had an esoteric component is not a secret of Freemasonry. It's not a secret of anyone willing to read their history (though they were one church with two components; the Gnostic/Synoptic [best available word] divide comes along later and is another story). It's also well-known, possibly more among non-Masonic historians than Masonic ones, that a school of Masonic history purports that early Christianity is the source of Masonic ritual. Though I am a Mason, this information came to me by and large from studies in topics only tangentially related to Freemasonry.

It's when you make assumptions beyond this that the ground gets more tenuous.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I would say no. You are certainly correct that there is no requirement for a Master Mason to receive the Holy Royal Arch, but on the other hand, there is no technical requirement for an Apprentice to receive the degree of Fellow Craft. The Apprentice elects to receive the degree of Fellow Craft of his own free will and accord because he seeks more light in Masonry, but the Order of Fellow Crafts is not "appendant" to the Order of Apprentices. In like manner, Master Masons may elect to seek more light in Masonry in the Royal Arch or Order of Perfection.

Also, when you say anything learned after the 3rd degree would not be a core lesson in Masonry, I must disagree. The third degree was not even worked in 1717 when the Premiere Grand Lodge was founded in London. The Antients appeared to have begun working the Royal Arch and Master Mason degrees at about the same time, and the 14° of the Scottish Rite can be seen as French version of the Royal Arch.

A question for those of us still in the minor leagues, research-wise: are you saying you consider the Royal Arch the completion of traditional Freemasonry? I don't think you'd be alone in that if you were, and though I'm withholding judgment on the matter until I join the York Rite in 2012, I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No they just take Bible references and keep painting Jesus Christ as something else, how else does the devil try and swing the truth by saying he is something esle other than the Son of God?

Psalm 118
22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
23 the LORD has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 The LORD has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.

Matthew 21
Jesus Comes to Jerusalem as King

42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
“‘The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes’

Acts 4:11
Jesus is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’

1 Peter 2:6
For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”

1 Peter 2:7
Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, “The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,”

No Jesus was not a Free Mason he was the maker in the flesh and since then people and organisations have used this term for their doing so when people ask if Jesus was a Mason they are really being lead down a path against his realiability of who he says he is.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213

A question for those of us still in the minor leagues, research-wise: are you saying you consider the Royal Arch the completion of traditional Freemasonry? I don't think you'd be alone in that if you were, and though I'm withholding judgment on the matter until I join the York Rite in 2012, I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion.

Basically, yes. When the Antient Masons merged with the Free and Accepted Masons, one of the key agreements was to no longer work in the Royal Arch in the Lodge, but instead to establish the Chapter for exalting candidates. However, the basic premise is the same. In the Master's degree, there is the Lost Word of Masonry. Obviously, the Master's degree does not teach all there is in Freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Obviously, the Master's degree does not teach all there is in Freemasonry.

Anyone who thinks that needs to remember what kind of light is sought in the Master Mason degree.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Obviously, the Master's degree does not teach all there is in Freemasonry.

I'd have to disagree. A Master Mason is privileged to all there is to do or know in Freemasonry. They can serve as a Worshipful Master, or even Grand Master. All of the tools and allegories are open to them. Any Master Mason can attend "open books." As a Master Mason, they can experience all that Masonry has to offer and spend a lifetime just mastering the practice of those first three degrees. Just learning the lessons taught by the basic working tools takes a lifetime to master, and even then none of us can become perfect, so our work will never be done.

There is undoubtedly more, and interesting knowledge in the higher degrees, but I still contend that it is "appendent" to Masonry, and not a core of it. I also contend that the idea that more knowledge exists, or that there is a higher level than "Master Mason" goes against everything we learn in the first 3 degrees. I also contend that the idea that there are actually "higher-level" Masons would be fuel on the conspiracy fire that there is some elite group of Masons running the show. We constantly battle and debate to kill that conspiracy, but you are lending it some credibility.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcot

SnF Although I'm happy enough with Jesus Christ just being Master of all.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
About the Venerable Master Mason יהושוע Ben Pandira, יהשוה משיחא:

Aberamentho

"The sacred name of the great Being who sent his Human Soul to the Earth two thousand years ago and came to be known as Jesus."

"Jesus, -- that is Aberamentho, -- said..." - The Pistis Sophia Unveiled by Samael Aun Weor

"Christ is the Leader of the Great White Lodge"

"Some Theosophists still believe that above Jesus Christ there are more elevated beings; yet, those diverted, wretched souls are mistaken, because Jesus Christ is a “Paramarthasatya” who renounced the Absolute in order to come to this valley of tears.

"Jesus Christ is a leader of all souls, an inhabitant of the Absolute."

- The Major Mysteries by Samael Aun Weor

A related thread:

The White Lodge and the Aryan Race

edit on 1-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and a royal arch mason.

Jesus was just Jesus, as he taught about himself. He didn't "need" masonry or any other system. Student K got it right (again!). Read his/her post for the skinny.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Jesus Christ was a Brother to Mankind. He was not a Master Mason. The difference is that to be a Master Mason one has to ask, and if found qualified, he may be admitted into the Brotherhood of the lodge.

With Christ the Spirit decides who is welcomed into the Brotherhood. While all Mankind are Brothers and Sisters, the realisation of that Brotherhood and the effects we have on one another is something well beyond the control of Man. It is something strictly of spirit and only God himself decides who is worthy and well qualified to have such an experience.

I have known many Masons who are Brothers, and I have known many Brothers and Sisters who are not Masons. Through the veil, there is no difference.

Follower of Christ

The above link is relevant to the discussion.

Disclaimer: I was I,P,R in 2006, became Master of my lodge in 2009, was suspended in 2010 for legal issues concerning Marijuana use. Just so you know my background on the subject.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

LOL. Sorry. We don't usually suspend unless it is a felony?

Nice post though, and nice thoughts!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
LOL. Sorry. We don't usually suspend unless it is a felony?

Nice post though, and nice thoughts!

The charges are felony charges my friend. When my house was raided the officers found a handful of roaches and a bunch of seeds. Due to the seeds, my charges went from minor possession to felony manufacturing.

As it has not been to trial yet, I am not convicted. If you doubt my integrity, I will gladly share what courthouse you can retrieve the information from. U2U me if your that curious.

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. My lodge did what was correct according to the by-laws of my state. They did what was for the good of the lodge. Do not mistake my statement as a condemnation against the lodge. It was just a disclosure.
edit on 1-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
To a certain extent, Jesus speaks out against the powers of Solomon, which are sorcery and Masonry, since Solomon forced demons to help him set the cornerstones of the Temple. Jesus says, that when it comes to handling demons and wisdom, he's greater than Solomon. That he's gone beyond what is generally accepted as correct and great recognized power.

Of course, this gets him in hot water with the Pharisees, but hey, that's the way the story goes.

So it's hard to tell if he's actually for or against the idea of hidden knowledge and power being used for personal gain, or whether he is just angling to control it, himself. The political wrangling in the New Testament is kind of obfuscated, but you can kind of read between the lines as to what is going on.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
To a certain extent, Jesus speaks out against the powers of Solomon, which are sorcery and Masonry, since Solomon forced demons to help him set the cornerstones of the Temple. Jesus says, that when it comes to handling demons and wisdom, he's greater than Solomon. That he's gone beyond what is generally accepted as correct and great recognized power.

Of course, this gets him in hot water with the Pharisees, but hey, that's the way the story goes.

So it's hard to tell if he's actually for or against the idea of hidden knowledge and power being used for personal gain, or whether he is just angling to control it, himself. The political wrangling in the New Testament is kind of obfuscated, but you can kind of read between the lines as to what is going on.

There is no power greater than unconditional love my friend. It conquers all. That is what Jesus was explaining.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

It's also well-known, possibly more among non-Masonic historians than Masonic ones, that a school of Masonic history purports that early Christianity is the source of Masonic ritual.

And the source of early Christianity? There are a lot of similarities between Roman god Mithras and Christ. A lot of that goes back to sun god worship dating back to ancient Egypt and possibly before. In fact, there are a lot of things like baptism and other elements that people consider to be a basic part of Chrisitanity that actually were practiced in Egypt well prior to the emergence of Christianity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join