It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Master Mason

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Interesting info if this is True,One will understand who Masons are as i told Freemasons has lost their Track after the Egyptian civilization,we need to awake all masons towards Love and Compassion.

Jesus Christ and Freemasonry It should be impossible for a high-level Freemason to deny that Jesus Christ is a profoundly important figure in the Masonic tradition. However, denial is very much incumbent on any Freemason privy to this information because it is one of the biggest secrets of Freemasonry. However I see no reason why the knowledge of Jesus's 'building work' should be the sole preserve, in perpetuity, of this unaccountable cabal of po-faced plutocrats. In early Christianity there were two parts of the Church, the exoteric Church and the esoteric Church (or Gnostic Church). The former was open to everyone, the latter was a form of mystery religion with secret rites and initiation ceremonies. The forebears of the modern exoteric Church tried to extirpate the esoteric part because it was an obstacle to their dream of global hegemony. However, it was the esoteric Church that was the original heart of Christianity and the exoteric Church was intended only as a sop to engage the simple masses. The Freemasons, at least in the higher and more esoteric degrees, believe themselves to be the heirs of gnostic Christianity.

Source

edit on 1-2-2011 by Arcot because: Updated Source

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
That's a heck of an assertion without any sort of evidence. Is there masonic symbolism in Christian imagery, or did Jesus use a lot of masonic terminology? And if you DO provide anything, how do you plan to show that it is something more than a case of masons merely quoting Jesus, since he did predate them by 1700 years.

As far as the gnostic church, that's everybody's favorite underdog, with the templars painted as the guys in the black cowboy hats who ride into town and start shooting up the place. Fine fodder for historical thrillers, but less useful for describing the actual ebb and flow of ideas through history.

all the best

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcot

I look forward to other Masons, Kabbalists, Gnostics, and skeptics educating us in this thread. I am a Master Mason, and I have read on ATS and other sites that Jesus may have been a Mason, and we know that John the Baptist is a keystone in Freemasonry. I hope this thread produces a lot of great information!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
INTERESTING FACT: jesus went to india where he learnt to lower his heart rate so they thought he was dead.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Who was the “Grand Architect of the Universe" .... At the signing of the Declaration?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There is some interesting information on this website:

www.jesus8880.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I will be interested too see someone make this connection because I believe the masons influnce on the present state of the world and the past but that would be a big secret. The only connection I can coorelate is the Knights Templars joining the masons. After discovering the secret bloodline of Jesus. But all of that could be more history mumbo jumbo.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Who was the “Grand Architect of the Universe" .... At the signing of the Declaration?

There is and has only ever been one GAOTU. Time is irrelavent.

That is the number one key tenet of Freemasonry, "One, ever-living God." Now the name of that God is not important, all religions are accepted.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Jesus was most likely never a mason. He was born into the Eesenes as were his parents. The Essenes had communities all over the region as far away as Pakistan. India and the himilayas are part of his history. Budhist scripture dated back to his time talks of him.

The Essenes were much more than a secret political group of craftsman and architects like the mason at that time. They renounced normal life and chose to live outside it. They also used selective breeding of the highest masters to create the masiah. The Essenes were welcomed and welcomed themselves all faiths or truths. I would say there could have been learning sessions from masters of any faith including the Freemasons but it's a huge stretch to pin him to any connections to masons. Its like saying he was Budhist, zorastrian, or Hindu. He may have learned from their masters but that's prob it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

There is and has only ever been one GAOTU. Time is irrelavent.

That is the number one key tenet of Freemasonry, "One, ever-living God." Now the name of that God is not important, all religions are accepted.

I would humbly amend your statement with the phrase, "to the fraternity." As in - Now the name of that God is not important to the fraternity. It is, however, of the highest importance to most of our members. If "most" is too much to assume, then "many."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AtticusNoble

Thank you, you are correct, I was only trying to be proactive that nobody jumped on the first part of my statement about there being "one" in a thread about Jesus, and start making derailing assumptions.

You are correct that the name has importance individually to many or most members, but Freemasonry as a fraternity does not discriminate based on religion. We have Christian, Jewish, and Muslim members all over the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well said.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Not sure about the Mason connection, but there most definitely is an esoteric connection. Interesting that from age 12 (numerologically a 3 as 1+2=3) nothing is recorded of Jesus' life until age 30 (also a 3), where he performed his miracles and "mission" for 3 years until the age of 33 when he was crucified. Just sayin...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would say that if anyone thinks the name of God is not important in Freemasonry, they either have not been exalted to the degree of Royal Arch Mason or received the degree of Perfection in the Ancient and Accepted Rite. Or, if they have, have not paid much attention!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Now.....we constantly correct people by saying there is no such thing as 33rd degree in "Masonry" there are only 3 degrees in Masonry, everything else is appendent bodies. So, we can't switch now. The things you mention are not in the 3 degrees of Freemasonry, they are only in the two appendent bodies.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The Royal Arch degree is considered the highest degree in Craft Masonry, and is listed as the "Supreme Order" in the Constitution of the United Grand Lodge of England. This came as a result from the merger of the Antient and Modern Grand Lodges, the former of which conferred the Royal Arch degree in the Blue Lodge upon Past Masters, as it was considered too important to confer upon all Masons indiscriminately.

Also, I have never spoken of those degrees as "appendant". I realize they are treated that way in much of the USA, but they aren't really "appendant". For example, the Scottish Rite is a complete system of Masonry, beginning with Apprentice and ending with Sovereign Grand Inspector General. Outside of English speaking countries, most Blue Lodges are Scottish Rite bodies, so to speak of it as "appendant" isn't really accurate.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I know things are a little different in European Masonry, but surely the 3rd Degree still states that "no higher honor" can be bestowed upon you by anybody? There isn't any requirement to go beyond 3 degrees, and it doesn't make someone any more or less of a Mason to go beyond those 3 degrees, so therefore, anything learned after the 3rd Degree would not be a core lesson of Masonry, it would be part of something else, something appendent to Masonry. No?

A little more on topic, what do you think of the chances of Jesus being a Mason? I think the chances are pretty decent in favor of it because of his relation to Saint John.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I asked a mason once if Jesus was a freemason and he said Jesus was too busy to have been one but if John the Baptist was a cousin of Jesus and he "baptised" Jesus then it might be possible that Jesus had been a mason himself.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantien

Ok this is an interesting point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join