It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin
Hey check this out. Some more cool stuff from the bible for you

"I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed." [Jer. 13:14; 48:10]

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Numbers 31:17-18)

"The Lord commands: "... slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women" (Ezechial 9:4-6)

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their women with child ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

It's like spreading the gospel of Ted Bundy

It goes to show how shallow your knowledge of our Creator is and with that shallowness lies your agenda.

Those words by our divine messengers were written of an ancient time, when barbarism and human sacrifices, as well as all kinds of acts that today, with our education in social, political and sciences would deem them as atrocities. But during the ancient days, they were not, and those whom speak out were often brutualized, just as many today whom speak out against tyranny is condemn and shackled, if he is not silence outright from the start.

All humanity are children of our Creator. He love us all and will be fair to all. We children will have our childish squabbles from time to time, and like any father, He will overlook such childish antics and hope that in time, with our free will, will grow out of it and work together to fulfill our destiny.

But unfortunately for our ancestors, whom were only mere children in terms of knowledge, and cannot be taught concepts that they are not ready for, akin to attempting teaching calculas to a 5 year old kid. However, with their free will, they had not only fought against each other, they committed all sorts of heinous acts against each other.

Should our Heavenly Father just remain silent, I ask you, FATGOBLIN, when thousands of the victims cries out for justice?

You were quick to point out how 'cool' that our Creator had been seemingly 'merciless' to a group of our ancestors, but had you seen, and read what they had horrifyingly done to another group of humanity on their free will? Or do you condone every and all kind of atrocities be committed and continued by humanity for eternity?
edit on 3-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Souds alot like a nottle of Green Fairy Absynth and a few stubbies of Green Goblin Cider

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Hey there…

I’ve been following your thread for quite a while now and I’m glad your husband is feeling a bit better. I was wondering if your husband had any contact/knowledge of the Bible and Jesus, prior to his experience?

I’m not sure if your husband knows anything about the Bible, but one verse that I can recommend reading, is John 14, which is arguably the best verse that talks about receiving the Holy Spirit.

I believe both of you have shown a lot of heart and courage, from what you have both been through. I’m not sure how I would have handled something like this myself. But from what I have read, and considering those difficult circumstances, you guys did great, so don’t be too hard on yourselves.

God bless you both…

- JC

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Hey there…

I’ve been following your thread for quite a while now and I’m glad your husband is feeling a bit better. I was wondering if your husband had any contact/knowledge of the Bible and Jesus, prior to his experience?

I’m not sure if your husband knows anything about the Bible, but one verse that I can recommend reading, is John 14, which is arguably the best verse that talks about receiving the Holy Spirit.

I believe both of you have shown a lot of heart and courage, from what you have both been through. I’m not sure how I would have handled something like this myself. But from what I have read, and considering those difficult circumstances, you guys did great, so don’t be too hard on yourselves.

God bless you both…

- JC

He said: Yes I did have previous contact with the Bible but I didn't know whether to believe it or not. I felt like it was just something so you wouldn't be afraid of death. Also, Santa Clause and the tooth fairy made it hard to believe in it. The exposure I had to the Bible was mainly from my best friend that died a couple of years ago at 96 years of age. He was the best man at my wedding. We would be working outside and he would just bring up a story from the Bible or say something like Thou Shalt Not Steal.
Thank you for you the suggested reading.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

Souds alot like a nottle of Green Fairy Absynth and a few stubbies of Green Goblin Cider

I have no idea what you are talking about.... Sorry.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It is hazardous for me to say much without a face to face etc. etc. etc. etc.

HOWEVER, this psychologist doubts he's bi-polar.

It sounds to me like folks jumped on a labeling bandwagon out of their own biases.

Please tell your hubby I'm praying for him and pulling for him.

I'd personally encourage him to see a GOOD Christian therapist--WHO IS OPEN TO SUCH SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES--contact Focus On The Family for such a referral and ask the right questions before bothering to make an appointment--would have to be a psychiatrist, I guess to validate getting off the meds. I doubt he needs the meds.

He's just coping with a whole huge paradigm shift so who wouldn't be saying a lot of energetic NEW TO HIM THINGS after such a spiritual awakening.

The jerks anger me who did this to him.

CONGRATS TO HIM. Time is short--PRAISE GOD HE WOKE UP BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE! YEA! GOD! YEA HUBBY!

Feel free to U2U me if you wish, with more detailed questions.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
It goes to show how shallow your knowledge of our Creator is and with that shallowness lies your agenda.

Really? This Creator you talk about? Have you EVER met him? Has ANYONE ever met him?

The answer is a gigantic NO (but of course you and countless others convince themselves otherwise)

So how is your 'knowledge' of something that doesn't even exist any less or any more than mine?

Those words by our divine messengers were written of an ancient time, when barbarism and human sacrifices, as well as all kinds of acts that today, with our education in social, political and sciences would deem them as atrocities. But during the ancient days, they were not, and those whom speak out were often brutualized, just as many today whom speak out against tyranny is condemn and shackled, if he is not silence outright from the start.

Yeah sure for a 'loving and merciful' God why should 'time' matter? That is a pitiful excuse for a clear biblical contradiction.

All humanity are children of our Creator. He love us all and will be fair to all. We children will have our childish squabbles from time to time, and like any father, He will overlook such childish antics and hope that in time, with our free will, will grow out of it and work together to fulfill our destiny.

What free will? Apparently we HAVE to worship him and do things in HIS name to attain 'salvation' so where in blazes does 'free will' come in?

If he gave us free will then he should have no problem with whatever path we chose in life rather than going ''RAWWRRR YOU WILL ALL BURNNNN IN HELLLL IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN MEEEE''' every now and then.

But unfortunately for our ancestors, whom were only mere children in terms of knowledge, and cannot be taught concepts that they are not ready for, akin to attempting teaching calculas to a 5 year old kid.

Wow the arrogance. What makes you think our ancestors knew less than we do? Is it because we have fancy cell phones and laptops and ipads and stuff? Our ancestors knew far MORE than us and we're the ones who seem to have lost real 'understanding' about things.

However, with their free will, they had not only fought against each other, they committed all sorts of heinous acts against each other.

Yeah and the world is so radically different today right?

Should our Heavenly Father just remain silent, I ask you, FATGOBLIN, when thousands of the victims cries out for justice?

No he shouldn't. Which is why I ask where IS he now then? Are you saying there aren't thousands around the world NOT crying out for justice and mercy right now? Well then let this all powerful chap show himself and mete out justice and right the wrongs. But hey, he hasn't done that ever since...........ummm........THE BIBLE.

What

A

Scam.

You were quick to point out how 'cool' that our Creator had been seemingly 'merciless' to a group of our ancestors, but had you seen, and read what they had horrifyingly done to another group of humanity on their free will? Or do you condone every and all kind of atrocities be committed and continued by humanity for eternity?
edit on 3-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

A few questions for you padre.

If God himself gave them free will then why does he have a problem with what they do?

If he does have a problem with that (and apparently he does) then isn't it his own fault for giving them free will?

Free will means making your own choices and your own decisions. But according to Mr. Almighty if we don't do what he says we're all going to be punished. So please tell me what exactly is the POINT of giving us free will and HOW is it free will if we HAVE to do what he says to be 'saved'?

And PLEASE don't give me the whole 'god has a plan blah blah' BS.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

May I just say and ask...

You, in your opinion as a Psychologist say he is not bi-polar but has found God.

You seem to also be religious judging by your post (Saying "Yay God, Yay Hubby") etc

Can I ask, if someone came to you presenting the exact same symptoms but saying it was Allah giving them these messages, or the witches Goddess, or Shiva or whatever....would you give the same diagnosis?
Would you say that they found Allah or Shiva etc and good on them ?
Or would you think they have a mental illness?

Just wondering if this diagnosis would change if another God was involved.

I am just curious. I do not mean any offense.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

You write much, rave and rant, and yet HAD NOT answered my questions, only plying with more illogical constructs of one liners in attempts to break my post up. Why the avoidance? Why your fear to answer simple questions, but instead to show off your ego, a sense of inferority complex within you? Do you need meds?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This whole thread is beyond weird! I made a comment back on page 16 when she posted her "second story" of what happened. All you guys dumb-found me!!! Lets break this down as simple as possible all. All i see here are theories, bi-polor-ness, and spiritual awakening.

Lets go back to the beginning we have a man whose i dont think i caught his age but will assume 30+ who has a normal job 2 kids a wife and family( i mean family as people outside his wife and kids.)

Ok so we have the pre-req's now lets go to the next step.

He apparently had what his wife calls a revelation where all of a sudden after 11 years of knowing the man has come to a broader sense of the world and decided to talk about it with his conspiracy-gun-hoe- wife.

He then goes to work spouting of (sorry for the rude context) religious bullsh!t talking about the supposed (planet x/ niburu) wiping out earth and alien contact

Am i the only one who finds this next part crazy i assume all you or most have had a job in one time of there life or another, The boss calls and wants to verify with the wife hes not on drugs and is perfectly normal. Because dude is talking about weirdo sh!t at work that he has never talked about before.

Its ok to pick up a new train of thought and even express it at work sh!t i did the same when ancient astronauts came out but what concerns me is the man in question did so in an orderly fashion which brought alarms not only to friends but the big cheese the boss up stairs in which resulted in a phone call home to his better half.

Next that concerns me is the trip! The trip it self doesn't concern me i could care-less (i dont know the sex) if his teen-age daughter/son didn't want to go on the trip or if he told her/him not to do there homework they were not going tomorrow blah blah. But what concerns me is that the teen-age daughter/son thought there dad was acting so weird that the texting of a family friend would keep em safe, and what happened the teen-ager whined so much so they could stop and pee, and what did she do bolted to the family friend car and took off.

Are none of you guys seeing these red lights? The whole story if freaking weird and i personally am glad the family members were smarter than STELLA and called the cops dude was fuccking off for sure.

We dont know nothing but the story this lady provided, whose to say she didnt cheat on the guy or she spent all dudes money and now have to file bankruptcy theres alot of factors were not gonna know. Just really take in what you read i didnt even go into particulars when hes spouting sh!t off about dieing and making sure his wife will be ok in front of cops. Anyone whose got a ball-sack for brains no you dont say weird stuff like that in front of a cop so i dont know this is just my opinion but lets really looks at this basically before we start believing the OP's story of a (joan of arc) wakening which she didn't say just my own personal flair to let you guys how silly this really sounds and look for positive answers.

Ive never really looked into bi-poler syndrome but i know a couple of people with it and i know it messes with there personality but sh!t this is pretty freaking weird dude went beyond switching personalities he went form extremes like hot and cold.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banora_White
reply to post by BO XIAN

May I just say and ask...

You, in your opinion as a Psychologist say he is not bi-polar but has found God.

You seem to also be religious judging by your post (Saying "Yay God, Yay Hubby") etc

Can I ask, if someone came to you presenting the exact same symptoms but saying it was Allah giving them these messages, or the witches Goddess, or Shiva or whatever....would you give the same diagnosis?
Would you say that they found Allah or Shiva etc and good on them ?
Or would you think they have a mental illness?

Just wondering if this diagnosis would change if another God was involved.

I am just curious. I do not mean any offense.

Excellent questions. I'd like to hear what 'answers' all these people will come up with.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Fatgoblin

You write much, rave and rant, and yet HAD NOT answered my questions, only plying with more illogical constructs of one liners in attempts to break my post up. Why the avoidance?

Err I did answer your 'questions'. My questions to you WERE my answers.

And similarly I could ask you and your ilk the exact same question. WHY THE AVOIDANCE? Year in year out never a logical or reasonable answer when anyone asks something touchy about god and religion.

Why your fear to answer simple questions, but instead to show off your ego, a sense of inferority complex within you?

Of course, after all didn't god make us in his likeness

Do you need meds?

You should be asking the OP and about 70% of the other posters on this thread that.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Let me start off by i just came across this site last night and this was the first story i read. I stayed up till 4am reading the pages of posts and its been on my mind all day. The part i was most intrigued by was the whole going to texas and the whole superbowl thing, also i've been having the strangest feeling about something bigger than a football game is gonna happen sunday, but when i came across this link prison planet top story i felt like i needed to share this with you and get your opinion. Y'all seem like incredible people and are very lucky to have each other. I wish y'all the best

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nolaG5

Let me start off by i just came across this site last night and this was the first story i read. I stayed up till 4am reading the pages of posts and its been on my mind all day. The part i was most intrigued by was the whole going to texas and the whole superbowl thing, also i've been having the strangest feeling about something bigger than a football game is gonna happen sunday, but when i came across this link prison planet top story i felt like i needed to share this with you and get your opinion. Y'all seem like incredible people and are very lucky to have each other. I wish y'all the best

Can you, or someone say what that link is about please? I'd appreciate it, this pc won't let me access that site for some dumb reason.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I was wondering about the cause. Maybe it was already suggested earlier in the thread and I overlooked it. Also I think I should mention I'm not a christian, not anything, but not anti-anything either.

So could it be your husband put out a fire at someone's house who was very religious (could be either Christian or something opposite like satanism/voodoo) and maybe died in a fire some weeks before he had his epiphany? Maybe he picked up something, or followed him, or whatever reason he needed at some level put up defenses against this and found a defense in Christianity, maybe at some level he wanted to go along with this spirit?

Anyways I doubt your husband is up to his divine mission, seeking out those who are without faith. Fighting physical fires is one thing, fighting other people's inner or mental fire (greed/lust/anger) is another thing altogether. Might be better just to spend all time for biblestudy and be a hero to the wife and kids instead of going out and telling folks the good message. If that is what he is planning to do if I read correctly.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

my friend, are you involved with Scientology ?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
talking to the husband if he cares to drop back in at any point: i would recommend monitoring your thoughts as best you can and try to make sense of them with respect to your own experiences. try to stay away from other peoples suggestions as they can drastically change your perception of who you are. trying to identify someone else's thoughts amongst your own can be difficult and you could lose yourself within your own mind. im not saying you should avoid reading religious or philosophical texts, i am just warning you to take what you make of something that someone else as written with a grain of salt. your own interpretation of someone else's thoughts can be just as harmful to you as poison. once you have found your own "rythm" if you will, then i recommend reading anything and everything you find even the slightest interest in as it will enrich your life immensely.

as far as medication goes, i cannot say for sure what effect it has as i was not medicated through my experience. my experience led me down a dark and terrifying path, but through God, i will say, i found my way. in the end one can only know oneself, and i am who i am. i died but through Christ i was reborn.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yes, but the bible is the 'word of god' to Christians and Jews and was directly inspired by god himself (allegedly). Regardless of when it was written, it still says in the 10 commandments "thou shalt not kill" Yet god is asking people to directly break a law he has himself made.

What about the story in the new testament where some kids call an old fella baldy, who then asks god for help. God then sends down a group of bears and they kill the boys.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Yes, but the bible is the 'word of god' to Christians and Jews and was directly inspired by god himself (allegedly). Regardless of when it was written, it still says in the 10 commandments "thou shalt not kill" Yet god is asking people to directly break a law he has himself made.

What about the story in the new testament where some kids call an old fella baldy, who then asks god for help. God then sends down a group of bears and they kill the boys.

You did not ask me a question. You accused our common Creator of asking people to directly break a law He Himself has made. And I worthy enough to answer on our Creator's behalf?

No, I am not. Seek and ye shall find. And only through your personal search for honest answers will you fully understand what He had to do, to humans whom had rejected humanity and resorted to uncivilised paths and barbarism to get their way with the precious gift of free will.

Secondly, to your second accusation, again you did not ask me a question. And again you accused an ancestor who hurled curses at utterly disrepectful kids, uncommon behaviour by children during that ancient age, and our common Creator send a group of bears to kill those boys. This account was recorded in the OLD testament, not the new one, just for your info, in the books of kings chapter 2. Did you even read it before you make such accusations? Nope, I guess you didnt but saw fit to comment without any prior knowledge.

And again, am I worthy to answer on behalf of the prophet and messenger Elisaha? No, I am not. My answer to you is to spend more time on the subject, if it is answers you seek of the divine, even if you are not spiritual in any way, lest you commit the error of ignorance, just as any human would on subjects that they are not familiar with so that they may form a better understanding in order to contribute something worthy in a disscussion.

Cheers.

edit on 4-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join