It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Hello Stella and hello to your husband. I hope you are both baring up ok

I have a quick question for mr stella if he's up to answering any more?

Does he see or feel that this is a religious experience or a spiritual one?

And does this experience connect directly to religion or not...I guess what I'm trying to find out is if the god that is communicating with him is the god talked about in the bible or just god?...what are mr stella's thoughts on organised religion?

sorry a couple of questions there...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have a few questions for the OP, not the husband...

- Do you have anyone staying with you at the moment for added safety and just to generally help out ?

- Have you locked up any guns, weapons or medications that are in your house?

- Are you planning to or have you left your children alone with your husband since this episode he has had ?

- If he asks you to go on another car trip, are you going to go ?

- What if your husband takes another "not so sweet" turn and your teen is unable to secretly text anyone for help?

- Do you have a number on standby that you can call (such as a crisis assessment team or mental health servce) if need be ?

You don't need to answer these questions on this forum, but please keep them in the back of your mind.

I know your husband may be calm and serene now but it is a good idea to have a plan, just in case anything happens (I'm not saying it will...but its best to be prepared..)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

A few questions for you padre.

If God himself gave them free will then why does he have a problem with what they do?

I have always believed that we are here to learn lessons so we have to have free will to do wrong and then learn the lesson from our wrong doing. I think God probably looks at us like we look at our children when they do wrong. We don't like it but we realize that they have to learn.

If he does have a problem with that (and apparently he does) then isn't it his own fault for giving them free will?

We wouldn't be as interesting to watch if we didn't have free will.

Free will means making your own choices and your own decisions. But according to Mr. Almighty if we don't do what he says we're all going to be punished. So please tell me what exactly is the POINT of giving us free will and HOW is it free will if we HAVE to do what he says to be 'saved'?

I think that when we die we punish ourselves for our bad choices. I think we will feel the pain that we caused to others. I don't think this happens for eternity. I think it only happens during the reviewing process. I think then we are to choose to return to earth or not for another go round so to speak. Until the game is over that is.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten

I have always believed that we are here to learn lessons so we have to have free will to do wrong and then learn the lesson from our wrong doing. I think God probably looks at us like we look at our children when they do wrong. We don't like it but we realize that they have to learn.

And the point of us learning lessons is what exactly? To live up to the expectations of a schizoid ghost? No thanks. I am the master of my own fate and commander of my own ship.

We wouldn't be as interesting to watch if we didn't have free will.

So basically god is the ultimate voyeur. Now THAT makes sense (especially if it involves Megan Fox)

I think that when we die we punish ourselves for our bad choices. I think we will feel the pain that we caused to others. I don't think this happens for eternity. I think it only happens during the reviewing process. I think then we are to choose to return to earth or not for another go round so to speak. Until the game is over that is.

For someone who says 'I think' a lot, I really doubt you do.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

I say 'I think' a lot because i know that all of this is my opinion. Whether it is correct or not waits to be seen.

As to why God wants us to learn lessons.... I have no idea. But I have really been trying to figure it out. I use to have a theory that he was preparing us to be Gods of our own worlds... but that was a very very long time ago and not sure I think that now.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

It sounds like your spiritual views are almost exactly the same as mine. I figured all this out on my own after serving in the Army and being a Lutheran all my life.

FatGoblin needs to change his name to Fat Troll. Sounds like he just wants to argue but whatever, everyone has to find God within themselves. My wife was in the same position as your husband a few years ago. Pretty much asleep, but open minded to things. Although her awakening was nowhere near as dramatic or as quick as your husbands. More of a gradual process through things I would mention or articles I would show her from time to time on the news/propaganda machine. Also being an Army wife was a real eye opener for her.

I hope your husband and your family are well and I will pray for yall. peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

As to why God wants us to learn lessons.... I have no idea. But I have really been trying to figure it out. I use to have a theory that he was preparing us to be Gods of our own worlds... but that was a very very long time ago and not sure I think that now.

Well, I can share what I think, and of course with anything else on ATS, take what you want and leave the rest. But I really believe that our real lives are on the other side. We come here to experience aspects of Gods creation that we can never get over there. We'll never know what fear of death is in heaven. Or what its like to worry about a losing a loved one. Or being lonely. Or being homeless. Or getting robbed and victimized. Or robbing and victimizing etc. etc.

I dream alot about being a soldier. I believe I was one in this life and maybe several before because battlefields are where we see the worst aspects of ourselves and humanity in general. Anyways, just what I think.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I say 'I think' a lot because i know that all of this is my opinion. Whether it is correct or not waits to be seen.

Stella, you are correct as you think, for its your own conceptualisation based upon what you had been taught and experienced in life to form such opinions.

Our Creator gave us free will with the gift of life for He wants no robots, or he could have made all human robots, obey His commands and spare Himself the headache. But He didn't. He wanted us to be able to make decisions on the spot, the way a representtve of a company will have to do far from a company's HQ, and to make the right decisions.

There is no way every situation can be programmed for a similar result, the way the rabbatical jews had attempted and are doing. The only constant in life is change, and every scenario and situation is far far different from one to another. There may be no time to consult or debate for a decision, and if robots were placed in such situations, disaster awaits, for it will not function as it cannot compute its outcome.

But a human being, if properly guided, will be able to make decisions on the spot, based upon guidelines that he had been taught since young, and the right ones, unless he knows the right ones but decides to use the wrong ones for some ulterior motive, as happened in the course of human history.

But still, our Creator understands that we are not perfect, and will make mistakes, and thus His compassion, love and mercy for us when we make mistakes. So long as we learn from it, pay the price for such mistakes, correct them, we are free to evolve to fulfill our destiny.

Should we instead disregard our errors and continue performing them, despite many others sent to warn us, then we will not only destroy ourselves in the process, but may drag and harm many more, contaiminating and dooming them. Thus, those of us who have no remorse must be punish and removed. Justice to the others demands of it.

The gift of free will is NOT for human to do as they please. With that power of freedom comes responsibilities to others, to live, achieve our common aspirations in life contributing to our society and evolution of our species, to fulfil our destiny to the stars. No man is born out of a rock or can claim to have no responsibilities unless he is an outcaste living on some deserted island alone.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

See that's what I don't get. No one has any idea why god does anything. All they do is come up with excuses for everything he apparently does or doesn't do.

Could it not be that he just doesn't exist, which is why you can't figure it out?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

yes they do... it's called "the golden rule" and that is one of many things... maybe some research is in order ?

The Golden Rule is based on the principle Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 7:12: "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them," adding, "for this is the Law and the Prophets." The significance of Jesus Christ's statement here is huge. What we call the Golden Rule is the summation of God's entire way of life. Why? Because God's way is all about outgoing concern for others. That's why Jesus Christ later says of the two great commandments ("You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with your soul, and with all your mind" and "You shall love your neighbor as yourself") that, "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" (Matthew 22:37-40).

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I'm not sure I see the connection

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

See that's what I don't get. No one has any idea why god does anything. All they do is come up with excuses for everything he apparently does or doesn't do.

Could it not be that he just doesn't exist, which is why you can't figure it out?

Or maybe because peoples perception = reality and everyones perception is different. Therefore all truth is different. I like to read about peoples near death experiences. And they seem to have one common theme in all of them, the christians see jesus, the muslims see allah/muhammad, the hindus see krishna, and on and on. And the ones that see God and ask him which religions are correct are met with the same answer. "Any of them that help you get to know me better." So maybe you should find your own truth instead of doubting others there bud.

edit on 4-2-2011 by ghostsoldier78 because: bad wording

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I'm not sure I see the connection

I do...

is the summation of God's entire way of life.

if you want others to understand you, you must show them understanding.
edit on 2/4/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
Or maybe because peoples perception = reality and everyones perception is different. Therefore all truth is different. I like to read about peoples near death experiences. And they seem to have one common theme in all of them, the christians see jesus, the muslims see allah/muhammad, the hindus see krishna, and on and on. And the ones that see God and ask him which religions are correct are met with the same answer. "Any of them that help you get to know me better." So maybe you should find your own truth instead of doubting others there bud.

truth is not flexible... it is absolute, it is love, it is the life light of all.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

if you want others to understand you, you must understand them.

And then what? We all go back to square one with everyone trying not to step on anyone's toes or ruffle any feathers out of fear of not being understood.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

if you want others to understand you, you must understand them.

And then what? We all go back to square one with everyone trying not to step on anyone's toes or ruffle any feathers out of fear of not being understood.

no I just say it is about acceptance... the majority of the planet well over 92% documented are Theists, that means they believe in a higher power other than their own.

we have to understand why this is so.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Okay, I'm hesitant but here goes....

He says there is going to be a huge meteor that will hit the earth with a bunch of smaller ones following it.

He says he thinks something is going to happen on the day of the superbowl... not sure.

He says that God is really an alien. He now believes in God, reads the Bible and prays every day.

There was much more but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind.

Hi,

Sorry i haven't followed this thread since page 1, but something about your comment struck me this morning when I viewed something on YT. You mentioned the day of the superbowl but you're not exactly sure. Listen to what he says at 00.43. Just something to think about....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banora_White
I have a few questions for the OP, not the husband...

- Do you have anyone staying with you at the moment for added safety and just to generally help out ?

- Have you locked up any guns, weapons or medications that are in your house?

- Are you planning to or have you left your children alone with your husband since this episode he has had ?

- If he asks you to go on another car trip, are you going to go ?

- What if your husband takes another "not so sweet" turn and your teen is unable to secretly text anyone for help?

- Do you have a number on standby that you can call (such as a crisis assessment team or mental health servce) if need be ?

You don't need to answer these questions on this forum, but please keep them in the back of your mind.

I know your husband may be calm and serene now but it is a good idea to have a plan, just in case anything happens (I'm not saying it will...but its best to be prepared..)

Im not working in the med field anymore, but you've expressed what I was thinking in your posts
The behavior and actions he is displaying are pretty typical of those Id seen with mental issues in the decade I spent working in an ER. Ive seen Drs prescribe without any time given for assessment. SOme here have claimed they do not do that... apparently they have never worked in a situation that proves different. They sometimes write a script and send you home for your family to deal with or send you to the floor where they put the folks on meds and observe.
Im not surprised at all by the police arresting him and the next step being the hospital.. most of the folks Id seen were brought in BY the police and not being brought in by family or walk ins. Ive also seen the same people repeatedly brought back in when they feel or their family feels they are well and they get off the meds.

From the description alone it doesnt sound like any "awakening" to me. Thats just my opinion. People you love and know can become dangerous for a plethora of reasons. I wonder why she would see someone in obvious pain and confusion as an awakening.. My issue is her choosing to take a trip with him with her children if she knew he was in trouble. Seems like an odd decision to me.How does one not realize it and make appropriate decisions concerning kids who have no say in it? Rhetorical question
I fear that many times people project their own ideas into a situation with a friend or loved one and dont see the truth of the issue.

She (he) has never expressed here if he agrees that his behavior was inappropriate and that he caused her to fear him. I dont see any indication that he is considering that his "awakening" has caused others fear and pain.... and he was considering ( attempting to make) making decisions which would have negatively impacted his own children.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join