It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
So this thread is now a debate thread if God is real or not? Let us get back to the topic. Mrs. OP can you please enumerate some events or teachings or rantings if I may call it by your husband?

Thats not what it is at all, but us who do not believe in a spiritual awakening or whatever do have a right to shoot down that theory and say "Its a medical condition. It has been diagnosed. His actions show it wasn't anything spiritual. Take care of your husband and your kids and make sure your family is okay. This was not at all god related imo"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Stella , thanks for your attempts to fill us in on your ongoing story. Just ignore some of these mean spirited comments and concentrate on what's important....your family and regaining trust between you and your husband. I would suggest you forget about this site for a while and just deal with your home and family. My prayers are with you!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
SOME time ago mi wife start being at home with our new born son, while I was at work in my restaurant business my schedule was very very demanding was gone all day with only half of the sunday off,and the next day I start again my weekly work at the business.One day she start going to this christian church that have their services on saturdays they call this ' SABATTH' and the church is called theSEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST Church.I didnt know how this wind up affecting our lifes,And I WAS THE LAST ONE knowing this!!!!ALL OF THE SUDDEN my wifw start putting BIBLICAL PASSAGES ALL AROUND THE HOUSE!!!! in the bedroom,in the kitchen ,even on the pantry!! on the doors,the living room the babys room,etc IM start being suspicious about something not rigth.All the burst was when i start tearing down the biblical passages that she had as an addition to the furniture.ALL an ALL I BECOME THE ENEMY!!! THE SPIRIT OF DARKNESS!!! I BECOME A DEVILISH PERSON!!! just because i didnt find normal to put up this index cards with the bible written all over.THE next thing i start worring was my son, my baby she start saying that SHE COULD HEAR GODS VOICE, at this point i was freak out,she was normal before, and now she is triying to BE TRAINED AS A PROPHET!!!.....She preached and gattered about 8 different bibles!!I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND!! at this point i was worry about my son,she took him to church every saturday and refuse to help me in the restaurant affairs because it was SABATTH. WE never practiced this religion and now i was an outsider in my OWN HOUSE!!...The damage in progress was inmense to me,one nigth after i was done with work went home and she was gone with my kid i call the phone and ask why she said that it wasnt safe in the house.THATS WHY SHE CALL SOME GROUP OF MISSIONARIES FROM HER CHURCH TO HELP HER TAKE SOME OF HER STUFF.No questions ask WHILE I WAS AT WORK!!!!!!!! She went to one of those SAFE HOUSE WITH MY SON TO LIVE FOR A MONTH,and if i wanted to see him again it had to be in the church grounds,With the pressures of the business and all this WAS A NUT SITUATION. One day at home i found letters that his group of christians had wrote to her as a member asking her to donate her 4O1K,AND TO COMPLY WITH THE TIDE THE 10 PERCENT OF HER INCOME TO DONATE TO THE CHURCH.IT WAS just OVERWHELMING. LATER i found out the kind of donations that she was making behind my back (IN THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS) most of the money was comming from my business she was a stay home mom (didnt have a job). I THINK THAT THE ONLY THING THAT PUT ME TOGETHER WAS THE LOVE FOR MY SON AND NOTHING ELSE. Yes i call the police,yes i seek the medical help,yes i even try to be join her church,and nothing work.HER MIND WAS BLOCKED TO ME AND OPEND TO GOD!!! we found out that she is bipolar,and this can and it will affect other family members.One of the reasons i found out as a possible cause is that in the past of certain familys there where inbreed relations(COUSINS,WITH COUSINS,UNCLES AND NIECES,ETC) is the case very similar to the dogs that have gone tru the same ,they develop certain syndromes,or sickness that does not manifest till adult age.IN THE CASE OF THE BIBLE you can read about this inbreed relations and figure out that the cults that porsue this traditions in our present time, have the same practices,and live in segregation.MY son is a beautiful boy now and hes very close to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
reply to post by neowakko

Oh, I'm not wanting sympathy in the least. I'm more interested in the things he was saying and doing and where he wanted to go too BUT I'm hesitant to post it because I've seen what they do on these boards. I don't want to be ripped to shreds.

But in the sake of 'science' I will tell you that he was insisting on going to west Texas. Specifically Marfa.

I live near Marfa. Not a place you want to visit, especially right now (the cold snap has made it rough out that way, and Oncor Energy is rolling blackouts every 15 minutes).

What is in Marfa? The Marfa Lights? I know it is a dumping ground for dead bodies for the Mafioso's.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

It is comforting to accept the Marfa lights as a natural event. It is a remote place and I recommend you take a few days and go to see for yourself. I did and I came away convinced it is quite different from anything I have seen and
well worth the time and effort. Begin at the recommend observation point, the light close to the horizon could quite possiby be refracted from temperature inversion. Then get in your car and drive twenty-miles to what seems to be the source of the lights as seen from the recommended observation point. Stop and get out of your car, when the lights appear directly overhead, moving about in a light show comming together and and moving apart looking somewhat light street lights turning on and off and appearing to be around one thousand feet overhead and directed at you, then write back and explain it to all of us. I have seen the lights as I just described and I have no explaination that fits with my several years and hundreds of hours of flying as a military pilot.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud

I think I explained to you why I thought you were bringing this site down and i hope it opened your mind to not maybe saying some things when posting. This is a fine post, but please dont take me saying you are bringing this site down as trying to shoot down your thoughts. I stated why I thought you brought the site down.

Her argument for a spiritual level is correct. God is something you can not see. If you were to get a spiritual message would you understand how you got it or how it works? Again I told you my thoughts on the spiritual message thing, but I understand what she is trying to say. I myself do not think spiritual messages exist, but I can not disprove them because well you just cant haha. I wish I could I wish I could.

That's cool man. I got what you were trying to say.

I just have a hard time with all this god/jesus/spirit hocus pocus. Or rather I have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that humans who have infinite potential within themselves and who can make things happen for themselves have to keep persisting with crutches like religion and god.

If someone was left isolated on an island in the middle of the pacific as a child with absolutely no outside influence with regards to religion, politics, society etc would a god exist to this person?

The answer is no. Plain and simple. So if he doesn't even know the concept of a god then god doesn't actually exist.

It's all in our minds. After all despite the apparent presence of this all powerful guy up in the sky we are still the only ones who can solve our own problems and answer our own questions.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
Thanks for posting your story. If only I had an understanding woman by my side when my spiritual experiences started to change into nightmares. When I was in my 'darkest hour' (just imagine standing in a room full of mean and horrifying entities trying to purge you from existence) I turned to my family, hoping for some shelter until the storm passed.

Instead, they were told by several of my family who are psychiatrists, I had schizophrenia and a psychotic episode, a malfunction or shortcircuiting of the brain and it was possible I would become aggressive and violent over time, hurting myself or others unless treated ofcourse. I refused their help and took some distance from my family as I am not a violent person at all but was unable to convince them since they viewed me as incapable or defective/unpredictable, along with their faith in modern healthcare and aversion to anything spiritual.

So afraid they were at one time they went to visit me without specifying the time, just dropping by since they would be in the neighbourhood anyway. I was hiking in the woods at that time and when I came back I saw them standing there with the police because they were worried since I didn't open the door or respond, so they busted in my house.

My family kept pressuring me to admit to a hospital and trying to get me to use medication as I was changing a lot because of these spiritual experiences and they didn't have any authority over me anymore, I was no longer that weak person that just seemed to agree with their truths just a phase in growing up in retrospect. But anyway one day I came round their house (announced) to pick up some items they had stored for me but then they said they wanted to talk (or make me believe and agree with their view on life). I said I didn't and we'd talk over email so to sink it all in and talk bout this without any hurry, there'd be plenty of time to discuss things. At that point when they realized they had no control over me and I would leave they locked the doors and kept the keys while they called the police stating I showed aggressive behaviour and that I was diagnosed schizophrenia/psychotic and that they felt threatened.

So I panicked, I didn't see that one coming! It almost appeared as if they wanted me to attack them trying to get the keys to get out of the house as I was very scared, so that they could show bruise marks lateron and have me admitted to a psychiatric hospital. Now as I said I'm completely nonviolent, never even gotten into a fight in my life, (I have even studied ahimsa for some years and practiced aikido which means absolutely nothing to them) so I escaped through a window but outside it dawned on me it would look bad if I ran from the police.

So I waited outside until the police showed up, refused to go but did anyway since they officer was adamant, then I had to sit in a cell for about half an hour until the emergency psychiatrists showed up and talked with them, after which I could go home.

My parents were called to come to the police station but only for the things I came to pick up. All in all it was traumatic and I've never viewed my family as I did before.

Looking back I am glad it happened or I wold never see this side of my family but on the other hand it would have been much easier if I had managed to shut up or had a confidant such as a wife.
edit on 2/2/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/2/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your post and many others including the OP for sharing a part of private lives many never knew or had attempted to understand. This is what ATS is about.

At times, mental problems may be treatable by using drugs, but at times it may do more worse than harm. Many subscribed to the belief that our medical knowledge is perfect and EVERYTHING can be treated with a dispention of drugs.

Nothing can be more further than the truth. Many of medical science are still only theories and we are still in the infancy of comprehending how our mind fully functions.

Careful counselling, patience and love are better solutions for the more non-violent types of behaviour, or if ignorance is used, even the non-violent will turn violent as is only a natural defense mechanism in ALL humans regardless of mental state.

Observations of behavioural patterns over time of such people will then conclusive evidences of mental disturbances or normal changes of thinking conceptualisations be found and only then can it be treated or accepted acordingly, so long as one is not forced into a defensive position that may turn violent over time. The family unit is vital in such treatment and acceptance to help a human adapt to change temperament, environments and situations.

If the family unit does not care and left to impersonal caregivers whom will use drugs as the easy way out, then that human life will be doomed to insanity, even if he had never been insane in the first place and just simply and temporarily 'freaked out' - a politically correct term, or spiritual awakening - a spiritual term.

Everyday, we learn something new, some of which can be used to help others so that none be left behind. Only blue pill addicts refused to accept change or will only presume their limited knowledge is perfect
edit on 2-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Not sure if you are familiar with kundalini.... you should give it a look .. try visiting the website www.kundalinisupport.com .. Sounds like your husband had a kundalini experience..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
you have me interested...but it does sound like a psychotic break to me. The eyes closed thing sounds like what i have heard before when i worked in a mental hospital dealing with admissions in an acute care facility.

BTW, you are in Texas? You use terms like DPS and MHMR, which are Texas State departments.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
you have me interested...but it does sound like a psychotic break to me. The eyes closed thing sounds like what i have heard before when i worked in a mental hospital dealing with admissions in an acute care facility.

BTW, you are in Texas? You use terms like DPS and MHMR, which are Texas State departments.

Yes. Trying to keep it somewhat anonymous but it's hard.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
wow

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
Couldn't a sudden awakening cause someone to be bi-polar? If what you had thought of the world around you etc all of a sudden changed over a split seconds time? I believe the diagnosis could be correct, but the awakening could have happened.

I agree. If you hold one view of reality and then all of a sudden, for an unknown reason, see reality in a completely different way in a single moment, you're gonna flip your lid! I think this goes to show why we should realize that a full disclosure as to how our world really works and if we are not alone in the universe cannot happen. People would go MAD! Not everyone, but a whole heck of a lot of people. We who are aware that things are not as they seem will be filled with a strange sense of joy, relief, and also apprehension, but we will be able to at least handle it in some way. Others who hold on to the idea that what you see is what is real save for their god(s) and neterworlds, will have a coniption fit and will be completely unpredictable in how they will handle the news.

I think that the OP's husband's experience is a great example of why what I say is most likely true. As a side note, another example would be the claim that Andrea Yates, the mother married to a NASA employee who killed her 5 children, simply went crazy because her husband divulged something to her that turned her world upside down. This is pure conjecture but it is something I ponder on from time-to-time.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Hey. I am amazed at what I read. It was very similar to an experience I've have with a close friend of mine long ago. I didn't even have to finish to tell you the man suffers bipolar. My friend was normal, fine, and dandy, and one day woke up and sounded nuts when she started to talk. She too was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and she is currently on meds and has been for 3 years and you wouldn't even know that she has bipolar disorder now. This is totally normal for a person to just get some "spiritual awakening" but in reality, it is the chemicals in your head going bonkers. It's a very common occurrence to people just starting to experience bipolar. Please do not think that this is anything besides the onset of a mental illness, because it's not. It's no conspiracy. He needs help.

Don't listen to many of these people bashing drugs on here. They are to be taken seriously. There is no cure for many mental illnesses without them. Some people on here sound crazy, and want to excuse this for a spiritual awakening by a spirit or some other far fetched BS. This is no time to try and make up a fairytale. Mental illness can be proven by certain brain scans, such as the SPECT. It is clearly visible on these scans.

Many people think antidepressants, anti-psychotics, etc, are mindcontrol, or some BS, but in reality they are a wonderful tool in aiding a person's mental health when needed. (the fact that they are over prescribed by greedy doctors is sickening though).

Also, please consider making him EXERCISE, EAT HEALTHY, and GET ON A GOOD SLEEP SCHEDULE. These three things are very important.

Sound mind, sound body.

Good luck. This is a very treatable situation and I feel for you and wish you all the best.

- a mental health sufferer whose mother researches at U-Penn in Philadelphia for anti psychotic drugs.
edit on 2-2-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I dohn't know what to think of it either. Back in 2000, I was in the Navy and this guy I worked with who was known to be the party animal and heavy drinker, he came into work one day and started acting the exact same way as you described with your husband. It is..I don't even know how to describe it. I don't think it's being bipolar, something definitely changed about him and not just his thoughts. The way he talked, looked at you, walked...always happy and smiling, trying to get others to wake up to God. I've never seen anything like it before, he too never went to church before it happened.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by neowakko

Oh, I'm not wanting sympathy in the least. I'm more interested in the things he was saying and doing and where he wanted to go too BUT I'm hesitant to post it because I've seen what they do on these boards. I don't want to be ripped to shreds.

But in the sake of 'science' I will tell you that he was insisting on going to west Texas. Specifically Marfa.

He sounds like the guy from Close encounters of the third kind. He knows what happened somewhere deep down inside of him. He knows what thought preceded this sudden change. He asked for this in one way or another whether he realizes it or not and the higher powers decided to give it to him. It's a lot to handle and some can't handle it unless they have grounded, practical support. A conspiracy gal might not have been the practical structure that would have best served him after such an otherworldly experience.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm really not trying to be critical here, but there are several parts of your story that really worry me.

If my husband suddenly began acting "strangely" and asked me to pack up my kids (out of the blue) and put them in the car so we could all take a trip together.... well.... let's just say I wouldn't pack up the kids, put them in the car and go. For one thing, you're in a situation that you aren't "clear about" (such as what is going on with your husband) and you are endangering them because of this uncertainty. When it comes to our children, their well- being is the most important thing and you can't take that lightly, even though you said you "know your husband."

Bi-polar disorder can be tricky---and until you get a clear diagnosis from a psychiatrist, you need to approach this situation with some common sense. There doesn't need to be an incident to incite a manic episode---it can happen without apparent cause or reason.

It would be nice to think that someone can--out of the blue--have some sort of spiritual experience. It can and does happen. But the chances are (and it sounds very likely) that he's having some sort of bi-polar episode are much greater.

I'm not insisting that he would ever harm your children, but what you don't want to do is to get on the "bi-polar rollercoaster" and drag your children along with you. You want to keep your kids in a good routine right now, with lots of love and stability at home until their Dad feels better. Dont just assume he's "seen Jesus." It would be smart of you to decide he could very well be having some sort of bi-polar episdoe. Keep your wits about you right now and make good decisions.

And always put your children first.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if nothing happens during, after or before the super bowl then your husband is definitely bi-polar

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
marfa.... he was doing something that was not spurred by bi-polar nothing...
now the spirit world has two poles....as long as we depend on the God of the bible, we are invincible...in fact once one believes in Jesus
(yahushua )....no matter what they do or say from that point on...they are destined to have eternal life, period.
marfa...hmmmm location of unexplained lights seen by thousands and filmed for decades, also a weather break-over location (the marfa line ) i have a hundred questions for him.!!

To the OP, can you put your husband online so we can ask him some questions please?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I don't have details about the asteroid. I try to get them out of him but he doesn't really know either I guess. Now he hardly talks about the 'messages' cause he doesn't trust anyone. He only trusts me sometimes.

Pay attention to the messages. Write them down somewhere if you can. It won't hurt to keep track of the messages. He may not say as many any more because the medicine may be clouding things a bit. Still, if he's still getting the messages despite the medicine, they must be pretty strong messages.

Is he having visions (dreams when he is awake)? I am sure he is seeing other parts of the future besides what you have told us. Is he hearing a voice?

While it is always good to be cautious because you have other people to be concerned about as well, pay attention to the messages themselves. Are they helpful warnings? Are they things he/you have to do to prepare?

Messages to do things harmful to him/you/the people around you are a big concern. However, these sound like warning messages to me, like he has to get ready. If he has to pack a bag, why not pack a bag? If you can go to Marfa this weekend, why not go?

I believe people around the world are receiving messages such as the one your husband has received. Pay attention to the messages. If they are positive and can only help you, I suggest following them. Why not be safe than sorry?

However, only you know the content of all the messages. Only you can tell if these messages are positive or negative in nature, if they are meant to help your family or harm it. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

reply to post by metalshredmetal

No. He doesn't want to be safe. He wants to be in the middle of the whole sha-bang helping everyone. He is ready to die for the cause. I have to remind him that he has children that need his protection.

oh, holy wow. a new twist. honestly it sounds to me like he has had a visit from an ET. either that, or a mental check-up. if he is right, we will see soon enough.

I don't think ATS has ever had a prediction that came true.

There have been many threads with hundreds of flags and stars that only ended up being proven false. The prediction that is. I remember the D4rk Knight threads...nothing ever came of all of his interesting and entertaining predictions.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join