It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very interesting UFO over Cheltenham, UK last night - 30th January 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
ok I have a few images for you all to look at of the same spot taken this evening before the sun went down

This one is a portrait shot of the exact spot it was filmed from. The bright light you see in the first video is mounted on the corner of the building you see

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fe368232340.jpg[/atsimg]

This second one is more like the camera angle of the 1st 2 videos, again the bright light, which i thought was a streat light is actually mounted on the right hand corner of the building, you can see it if zoom in

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77e405dbbe7b.jpg[/atsimg]

and here I have overlaid a grab from one of the later 2 videos to match up the 2 lights and to give an idea of where the ufo was in the sky

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd8bb913ccbb.jpg[/atsimg]

The location is north of central Cheltenham - pointing south east. As stated before he didnt see it move and said it was there a long time

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

The funny thing is though Im not actually that interested in ufo's, not really, always just thought it made sense they were about but had never seen one...in fact I still haven't but a close friend has, and filmed it, so i wanted to see what people here thought, if they had seen anything like this before or if they could tell us what it was

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

did you check on Stellarium yet to rule out a star? We really have to rule that out before we go any further analysing the pictures...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well , I have been knocking around since 07 on this site, and I dont remember anything which precisely matches up in terms of colour, shape, apparant size, movement style or any other factor that I would usualy think of to describe a UFO.
On the other hand I do not claim to have seen everything on the site, and even less in my personal life with my own eyes, so I dont know what to tell you.
I will tell you this though. Whatever that thing is, its not a regular shape. It must have some seriously wierd physical configuration to appear like it did in the night sky.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
After seeing your updated pics its hard to determine exactly what we saw especially with all that line in the way. Seeing your new pictures does help a bit but theres something odd about this im wanting to think cgi now theres no sound, the only moving is the camera the object just sits there and when its all said and done nothing happens the guy just pans the camera to the right and turns it off? bu
edit on 1-2-2011 by ThatGuyInTheKnow because: changed my mind

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow
After seeing your updated pics its hard to determine exactly what we saw especially with all that line in the way. Seeing your new pictures does help a bit but theres something odd about this im wanting to think cgi now theres no sound, the only moving is the camera the object just sits there and when its all said and done nothing happens the guy just pans the camera to the right and turns it off? bu
edit on 1-2-2011 by ThatGuyInTheKnow because: changed my mind

the second vid in the op is the raw film with sound, the one with no sound is the one that I steadied in after effects so we could get a better look at it, but forgot to export it with sound, hope that helps

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
01/02/11 2204 hrs and looking due south and you will see a multi coloured object in the sky as i type this.
I have no eqipment to video this so get out and have a peek.
Im in east anglia.
I HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE AND HAVE HAD LONG DEBATES ON WHAT IT IS

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
When i said no sound i was referring to lack of emotion by the camera operator who is trieng to con us into a hoax. He just seems to non-sholante about a possible ufo sighting hes recording. but thats just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've been to Cheltenham several times. It's a wealthy enclave side by side with pockets of poor housing estates. It's an odd place. I wouldn't choose to live there in a million years.

A couple of points on this;

1. The government listening post GCHQ is there. I'd be interested in learning how close this thing was to it?

2. Secondly, why would this thing choose Cheltenham of all places?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

hi - yeah just downloaded it and looking at it now, amazing bit of kit...I have punched in his gps co-ordinates but is proving inconclusive...and im not too clear on how to use it...got any tips?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow
When i said no sound i was referring to lack of emotion by the camera operator who is trieng to con us into a hoax. He just seems to non-sholante about a possible ufo sighting hes recording. but thats just my opinion.

hahahah... no conning/hoax going on here my friend, just looking for answers - just because he didnt p*** his pants and cry like a girl doesn't mean it's a hoax...as I stated earlier he probably didn't want to talk all over it with the usual what the f***s and all that - also it's important weather this is making any noise or not isnt it?

cheers
edit on 1-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
I've been to Cheltenham several times. It's a wealthy enclave side by side with pockets of poor housing estates. It's an odd place. I wouldn't choose to live there in a million years.

1. The government listening post GCHQ is there. I'd be interested in learning how close this thing was to it?

errr I don't think its your place for to comment on cheltenham.

now back to the point, ill look at where gchq is on the map and try to figure out if it was near by

and why not chose cheltenham, or anywhere else for that matter, I doublt they are snobs

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuyInTheKnow

Im pretty sure its nonchalant ... jus saying.
Have a happy day!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

did you check on Stellarium yet to rule out a star? We really have to rule that out before we go any further analysing the pictures...

hey - just looking at this now and it doesn't look like it's a star...what do you think?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a0126117cae.png[/atsimg]

e2a: cant seem to get the image to scroll, how annoying...maybe I'll make it smaller

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

now back to the point, ill look at where gchq is on the map and try to figure out if it was near by

and why not chose cheltenham, or anywhere else for that matter, I doublt they are snobs

Of course I can comment on Cheltenham. Why? Who's place is it to comment? It's a free society and if I don't like somewhere then I have every right to say it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Of course I can comment on Cheltenham. Why? Who's place is it to comment? It's a free society and if I don't like somewhere then I have every right to say it.

of course you do, but do you not think you might offend a lot of people from Cheltenham?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

of course you do, but do you not think you might offend a lot of people from Cheltenham?

Honestly, I have no intention of causing offence. I think it's wonderful Cheltenham is now on the UFO map, so to speak. I'm just not a big fan of the place. Nor am I of London. Or Swindon. Or Bristol. Or Gloucester. Or several dozen other places I've visited. It's just my opinion. You and others might love it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the photo's, video's and now the daytime photo's too.

This is now legit. My guess is a UFO but thats about it, i am making a comment on the lack of movement and the strange shape. It could be a ET UFO.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I think my earlier post stated what was important and you completely avoided it and attacked me for thinking its a CGI HOAX.

What i said earlier was that besides the noise the object doesn't move its stationary and when your friend decides to pan out he does it to the right so he can put a take off sequence but when he added it the video just looked to fake and thats why he left it there. Thats just my Opinion.

Now disregarding my Opinion.. Why does your friend pan to the right at the end of the video and decide to stop filming? When he told you about the account and explained the story how did he end it? Was he just over it and figured he got ample footage and wanted answers? I'm all for trieng to figure this out but don't get mad because my initial reaction isnt overly excited, Its an odd ufo video.

ThatGuyInTheKnow

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I live in Cheltenham and may also have seen the same things that DoubleDutch saw.

Will post what I saw in a minute.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join