It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very interesting UFO over Cheltenham, UK last night - 30th January 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I live kinda close to Cheltenham (Near Bath and Glastonbury) and i think its Sirius.

Sirius has been to blame before for this kind of sighting before, plus the fact that the object is stationary makes me think its Sirius reacting to the atmosphere.... Sirius was at the right height and in the area at the time...

I think to be honest if it were anything other than Sirius amateur astronomers would of been all over it in minuets as it reportedly stayed very still for a considerable time...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
I've been to Cheltenham several times. It's a wealthy enclave side by side with pockets of poor housing estates. It's an odd place. I wouldn't choose to live there in a million years.

A couple of points on this;

1. The government listening post GCHQ is there. I'd be interested in learning how close this thing was to it?

2. Secondly, why would this thing choose Cheltenham of all places?

What in the hell has any of your 'points' got to do with the pictures?

I've been to Cheltenham several times. It's a wealthy enclave side by side with pockets of poor housing estates. It's an odd place. I wouldn't choose to live there in a million years

And what the hell has that got to do with anything?

Keep your bigoted thoughts right away from me,

a wealthy enclave side by side with pockets of poor housing
my ARSE.

Tell everyone here what the hell your statement has to do with this?? Are you saying that people with lower incomes cant see or that their views or ideas or videos or photographs are of any less value than anyone else's?

Your post should be removed. You disgust me.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It was Sunday night, about midnight. After finishing some work on my laptop I switched off the lights to go to sleep when I noticed a bright pinpoint of light through a gap my closed Venetian blind.

I thought that it must be a bright star so I opened my blind up to get a better look.

The light looked like the brightest star I have ever seen in the sky. It twinkled like I have never seen a star twinkle before. I could see glimpses of all the colours of the rainbow.

Some of the other stars in the sky also seemed brighter than usual.

As the light did not move and it twinkled like a star I just assumed it was a star.

I probably looked at it for 2-3 minutes.

Note that my window faces due south.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

What in the hell has any of your 'points' got to do with the pictures?

Keep your bigoted thoughts right away from me,

a wealthy enclave side by side with pockets of poor housing
my ARSE.

Tell everyone here what the hell your statement has to do with this?? Are you saying that people with lower incomes cant see or that their views or ideas or videos or photographs are of any less value than anyone else's?

Your post should be removed. You disgust me.

Excuse me???

I'm perfectly entitled to my opinions and will happily express them. How are my opinions in any way bigoted? YOU are the one putting words in my mouth!! I am merely expressing my view on the place where this was filmed since I used to commute to work near there once and I know the area well. As I said, it is just my opinion. If you don't like it fine, but don't become so defensive over someone expressing what they think about somewhere.

I was stating that as a place it has very wealthy people living alongside very poor people in different neighbourhoods and there is very little in between. How is that in any way bigoted? If I prefer to live in an area which is more diverse or has a more representative spread of socioeconomic groups and is more representative of society. Where is the harm in that?

What disgusts me is people like you reading comments and opinions made by someone and totally misrepresenting or distorting the points they are trying to make...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok soooooo, here is where we are so far with this...initially 2 videos posted, one raw footage and one steadied to get a better look.

2 more video's provided upon request, one showing 2 of them in the sky at the same time, the one on the right slightly obscured by the trees

day time photo's from the exact same spot upon request.

time/direction details and gps co-ordinates provided upon request - to re-cap, around midnight, 30th jan 2011, facing south - south east - I can u2u gps co-ordinates if your interested at which point you can go onto google earth and verify location and direction using that big square building as a reference point

so we know it isn't:

A helicopter or plane as it was in the same spot most of the night

A light on a hill as the photo's clearly show no hill

cgi because I know the person who filmed it

One possibility is it's a star as pointed out by Versa (top man thanks for looking into this). I actually sent him the gps co-ordinates u2u so he could check it out and he thinks it could be Sirius, which I agree it could be....although there are a couple of reasons it might not be

1. I have never seen a star that looks like that close up, very strange but as he stated to me it could be atmospheric distortions, I'll have a look into this.

2. In the 3rd video I posted (2nd page of this thread) you can clearly see a second light in the sky, to the right and slightly lower, which the camera operator zooms in and is the same as the other one

3. Here is a screen grab of where Sirius is at that time on that night. Now my friend was facing south/south east, I can provide gps co-ordinates (u2u) so you can check it out on both Google earth and starellium - anyway as you can see from this grab (my friend was facing center image) the light would have been center image, quite a way from where Sirius is...now I'm not saying it isn't Sirius just that to me it looks like it isn't...someone please feel free to prove me wrong.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40071b5c7834.png[/atsimg]

so what is it?

I was hoping for some serious astronomer types to chip in (thanks again to Versa for his input although he does admit to not being any kind of star nerd) or possibly someone else with video or photo's of something similar, come on ats-ers...at least provide a good explanation, im still scratching my head...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ive had a quick look around tinternet for odd images of sirius that look like these but have had no joy...here's the oddest one I could fine..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d10ce0741d5.jpg[/atsimg]

anyone else got any ideas?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow
reply to post by doubledutch

I think my earlier post stated what was important and you completely avoided it and attacked me for thinking its a CGI HOAX.

What i said earlier was that besides the noise the object doesn't move its stationary and when your friend decides to pan out he does it to the right so he can put a take off sequence but when he added it the video just looked to fake and thats why he left it there. Thats just my Opinion.

Now disregarding my Opinion.. Why does your friend pan to the right at the end of the video and decide to stop filming? When he told you about the account and explained the story how did he end it? Was he just over it and figured he got ample footage and wanted answers? I'm all for trieng to figure this out but don't get mad because my initial reaction isnt overly excited, Its an odd ufo video.

ThatGuyInTheKnow

hi - listen I didn't get mad, in any way, just a tad annoyed that people keep calling me a hoaxer or accuse me of lying...read the entire thread...and chill out . I have stated many times that I have no need to hoax, I am a grown man, why on earth would I want to hoax - bonkers... and cgi
you give me waaaay to much credit...
If you read the thread you will see that im not even saying its et, just an unidentified flying object/lights in the sky/strange object...not everyone is out to get you my friend

now can we get back to trying to figure out what it is please

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
None of the repliers have actually took notice that I also saw the same exact object over stafford.

and it was no way a star either

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
no your wrong ^ i noticed what you said, im just trieng to figure out why the op wont answer any of my questions?
i know you said you saw the same thing so maybe you can fill in the blanks? how did the craft leave did it simply pulsate and when i say pulsate all lights went off then on then off and that was that it was gone or did it zip line east west north south? To the Op u quoted me again and only responded to my negative-ness can you answer the second half where it clearly says disregarding my Opinion those are questions that everyone wants answered!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Doubledutch... brilliant research so far mate

The shape of the object certain is strange and judging by the day photo, the object was in the sky on a clear night. I know that it was clear as I don't live too far.

I don't believe this is a helicopter, balloons, lanterns, satalite or even a star for that matter.

CGI isn't my exepertise but judging by the video, I can't even say it looks CGI either. This one truely has me stumped!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

cheers, yeah i have put a fair bit of time in...more than i thought i would but i am keen to try and figure out what it is...has us stumped as well!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow
no your wrong ^ i noticed what you said, im just trieng to figure out why the op wont answer any of my questions?
i know you said you saw the same thing so maybe you can fill in the blanks? how did the craft leave did it simply pulsate and when i say pulsate all lights went off then on then off and that was that it was gone or did it zip line east west north south? To the Op u quoted me again and only responded to my negative-ness can you answer the second half where it clearly says disregarding my Opinion those are questions that everyone wants answered!

i didn't avoid them - your accusing me of hoaxing, I have explained this isn't a hoax...your opinion on cgi, camera movement and the rest is simply silly, over analytical nerderyness, I have tried to explain what is going on here, have supplied all the evidence i can and your still banging on. If you think it's a hoax and that's you decision then leave the thread...but I will try and answer anyway

"What i said earlier was that besides the noise the object doesn't move its stationary and when your friend decides to pan out he does it to the right so he can put a take off sequence but when he added it the video just looked to fake and thats why he left it there. Thats just my Opinion. "

ok he pans to the right...if he had panned to the left would that have made a difference? when you say take off sequence do you mean the object taking off? that's nuts, its sits in the same spot and doesn't move, it's the camera that moves not the object? nothing is added to this, it's just been steadied so you can see what it is...there's 2 versions of the original footage and 2 other clips...some photo's and screen grabs and a star chart...

"Why does your friend pan to the right at the end of the video and decide to stop filming? When he told you about the account and explained the story how did he end it? Was he just over it and figured he got ample footage and wanted answers? I'm all for trying to figure this out but don't get mad because my initial reaction isn't overly excited, Its an odd ufo video"

eeeeer I don't know, why didn't he pan to the left...I don't know, why are you asking silly questions about camera movement, I have no idea. The one thing I can say is that he left after filming these clips to go and stand on a hill and look for more...and as i said I didn't get mad, just a bit annoyed at being called a liar.

so to sum up, im telling you it's not cgi - you don't believe me, and I agree it is an odd biy of footage, thats why its on here... there is one thing I can do, and that's send you the raw footage if you like? it's a .mod file which is direct from his camera. If you like I can transfer it over?

edit on 2-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
double post...and god we don't that twice!

edit on 2-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Anyone come up with the theory that this Ufo could have something to do with the recent Earthquake not far from cheltenham.

Check it out here:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Peace.
ALS

Actually forget it the date of the quake was January 17th
edit on 2-2-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
S&F by the way for the thread, hopefully the thread will keep going and you can rule out all the obvious options. I'm still in the Sirius camp atm if I can find another thread with similar images I'll link it on here for you but like you siad fingers crossed we'll get more people contributing.
By the way I'd had rather a lot to drink last night and might of over reacted to one of the post on here so I apologize
oh and I'm a she not a he

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've never seen anything like this. If it's a real one, that's really out of this world. Or is it the result of defectives electric cables? Hmm.. I guess not. I'll opt for a Drone.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I checked the direction of the object I saw and it was between 205 and 215 degrees (SSW),

I'm leaning towards it being a star - may have looked brighter than normal due to the atmospheric conditions
edit on 2-2-2011 by Draker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Is is just me or in the first 5 seconds of the last video posted does it look like a man holding a flashlight pointed towards the camera?
Examine closely, at the highest pixel setting from the youtube post.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
when they got to the highest point they could see hundreds of them...... would this not rule out a star?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
when they got to the highest point they could see hundreds of them...... would this not rule out a star?

not really because the atmosphere can cause this 'shattering' effect.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join