It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very interesting UFO over Cheltenham, UK last night - 30th January 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
S&F by the way for the thread, hopefully the thread will keep going and you can rule out all the obvious options. I'm still in the Sirius camp atm if I can find another thread with similar images I'll link it on here for you but like you siad fingers crossed we'll get more people contributing.
By the way I'd had rather a lot to drink last night and might of over reacted to one of the post on here so I apologize
oh and I'm a she not a he

Hey versa, im sorry , I will go back and edit all posts referring to 'he'..I don't know why but just assume it's all men/boys on here, im sorry. And thanks for your help on this, much appreciated. If you can find anything in any other threads then brilliant, and don't worry, he deserved it! good work!

thanks

e2a: rats! just tried to edit the older posts and cant..I guess your a 'he' from now on!
edit on 2-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
hahahahahahahaha...this is funny:

this sighting was reported along with ats on Gloucester's local rag here

brilliant!...free pr for ats if nothing else
edit on 2-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
hahahahahahahaha...this is funny:

this sighting was reported along with ats on Gloucester's local rag here

brilliant!

lol nice
is the article referring to your friends pics or others? If there were multiple sightings and pics/vids then good stuffs!
Don't worry about making me into a man for a night it makes me feel capable of changing a few light bulbs

Keep the thread up its an interesting one (oh and I do agree he did deserve it) off to bed now good luck with the research!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

no im afraid it's this one...they messaged me on you tube but interestingly never actually spoke to me or my friend...just kinda made it up...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c91d74b31be3.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
At first I thought it looked like lights from a village or works in the distance, but the more I looked It started looking like something with a light source inside it, for EXAMPLE....a halloween lantern (pumpkin/turnip).

The lack of movement doesn't help.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

(oh and I do agree he did deserve it)

And this from someone who lives in Glastonbury!?!?!?
LMAO!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
At first I thought it looked like lights from a village or works in the distance, but the more I looked It started looking like something with a light source inside it, for EXAMPLE....a halloween lantern (pumpkin/turnip).

The lack of movement doesn't help.

hi - if you read the whole thread you'll see it isn't a turnip, cant be, unless they can fly
turnip, that's a good one!

go to page 3, has a bunch of photo's on it shot the following day

no flying turnips in cheltenham

edit on 3-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Somebody could have put one up a tree :-p and besides, who knows what the future has in store, a future Baldrick could cross pollinate a country turnip with a flying pig shaped candle.

All I'm saying is it had that appearance, and what can be said about the apparent lack of movement?

Can you see what mean though? About it looking like a light inside something as you can see shadowing on the "eyes and mouth" (if you went with the turnip idea)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by doubledutch

Somebody could have put one up a tree :-p and besides, who knows what the future has in store, a future Baldrick could cross pollinate a country turnip with a flying pig shaped candle.

All I'm saying is it had that appearance, and what can be said about the apparent lack of movement?

Can you see what mean though? About it looking like a light inside something as you can see shadowing on the "eyes and mouth" (if you went with the turnip idea)

hi - I see what your saying but I 100% sure it wasn't a turnip

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hi DoubleDutch!

Your friend said page 1 of this topic:

we saw over 100 of these. All a variety of colours and some moving differently or just disappearing

100 is a wide number and I'm curious on why nobody else reported any similar sightings around Cheltenham!

Interstingly, there's a company in Cheltenham who sold all sorts of chinese lanterns: Cotswold Sky Lanterns...

Maybe there was an event around there? Or maybe they tried a new model?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights

(oh and I do agree he did deserve it)

And this from someone who lives in Glastonbury!?!?!?
LMAO!

Actually I live NEAR Glastonbury but again that has nothing to do with the OP other than I am in the general area in Somerset. Clearly you have some strange ideas about where people live having a bearing on on the validity or otherwise of their posts.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Still hoping your going to get some of the more experienced members looking in on the thread Double Dutch because I haven't had time to look for the Sirius UFO threads I've seen before and I'd like to see you get some decent help!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here is a video of Sirius doing strange things, its not the same as your video but it does show a star pulling shapes etc

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its also just occurred to me that it might be worth checking where the ISS was that night?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

The ISS would have to of been in a very low orbit for it to have showed up on film like that, i think we could rule that out. Its had me puzzled since i first posted in the thread. I cant help thinking its lights on a hillside although the picture overlap that was posted earlier, seems to prove me wrong.

I just dont know what to think.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

yes the picture overlap has me stumped too but I swear I've seen very very similar images before on here (the shattering bit) but I just don't know how to find them as I probably didn't respond in the thread...

I dont really know how to work out where the ISS was at that time but it would be good to see it ruled out....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Stellarium has a satellite feature, if you havent got it i recommend you getting it, its a free download. Install it, use google earth to find your co-ordinates, enter them in stellarium as your location and away you go. You can roll time forward and backwards to see what was in your skies at a particular time.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Yes I have it (see above posts
)
maybe Double Dutch could give that a go and see what it comes up with?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Here is a video of Sirius doing strange things, its not the same as your video but it does show a star pulling shapes etc

wow that's crazy...thanks for the post, really interesting and i totally see what you mean about sirius...interesting

and yeah used stallerium, brilliant bit of kit, there are a couple that do appear later on, around 1 am but that was an hour and a half after this was filmed and they seem to be in the wrong place...also this was apparently in the same spot for a long time, they move quite quick, hmmm...still not sure what it is...I guess we'll never know

it's also been picked by a few ufo sights...not that that actually means anything

here

here

and here

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hi Doubledutch, nice video, before you posted the over lapped pics I was sure it was a star as seen through a thick row of trees but unless the angles can be made to match as a different perspective then it seems it was in clear sky.

Looks like a giant moth to me

Most likely one of those run down giant moths that would live in a place like Cheltenham........

And that's meant to be a joke

I don't know what 'the lights ' was on but he or she seemed more focused about the quality of where people live than the subject, very strange. Nowt wrong with Cheltenham as far as I saw, looked like a million and one places across the UK.

I live in a place called Northolt, just on the edge of London and trust me, its a complete pooh hole

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join