It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't Obama admin see this coming in Egypt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
USA has handed over 60 odd Billion bucks to Egypt in the last 30 odd years !!! "Nah i cant see it being any interest in the US or the joe thats running it now"... Golf is more important...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

America: World Police!

The police are supposed to uphold the rule of law. There's another word to describe the policy the op is advocating and it has nothing to with the law.....it'll come to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Nah....its not the work of extremists. Its the work of people sick and tired of a corrupt and oppressive regime.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why didn't Obama admin see this coming in Egypt?

I will roll the dice and assume this is a legitimate question.

This is (a) the CIA's job, (b) a false assumption that the CIA didn't see it comming.

Hosni Mubarak has been in office for 30 years, is 82 years old and has refused to discuss any form of transition.

It has always been on the US/CIA/State Departments radar that sh*& would hit the fan in Egypt sometime in the next few years either through Mubarak dieing or revolution. It has just been a question of when.

So I find the assumption in the OP unssupported, unplausable, wholey illogical, uninformed etc.

edit on 1-2-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Call me what you will which just shows where you stand. This is all part of the worldwide caliphate that Obama is a party too. Million man march anybody??? Community organizers unite mooslim brudderhood and obama and his minions are one.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As for all you wondering how I deduce Obama has no clue did you listen to the SOTU?? While he was blathering about windmills Egypt was getting ready to go up in smoke. If all his CIA etc knew this was coming why didn't he take a stand right there? Either he is for another islamic state or against it. He decides to not squeak. Maybe the teleprompter didn't want to talk about it?

Why is it when a democrat is in power an radical islamic state comes from it? Carter-Iran.......Clinton-Kosovo........Obama-Egypt.

I've read where all this comes from not dealing with our problems in these certain areas for years. But when Bush does deal with a problem its all wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Believe me they knew this was coming long before any of us. I certainly did not see this coming. But, I don't have the knowledge and intel that this adminsration has. A blind eye has been turned on this whole region by the current admin. since the first couple of weeks in office. Remember Obama's apology tour?

This admin. is viewed as being weak by a strong enemy. They prey on weakness and I expect more nations to fall in the weeks and months ahead. Jordan will be next then Saudi Arabia. Syria and Turkey are already gone and the US is rapidly losing its foothold.

There is trouble ahead... and we have an administration that turns its back and buries its head in the sand. We last saw this Carter #1 was in office. Now Carter #2 is carrying out the rest of the agenda.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Obama hasn't seen the first damned thing since he got into office.

Plus, the Psychic Network has gone out of business.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Call me what you will which just shows where you stand. This is all part of the worldwide caliphate that Obama is a party too. Million man march anybody??? Community organizers unite mooslim brudderhood and obama and his minions are one.

This statement makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why did they need to see it?

Not the US. Job to watch the world, the sooner the entire nation figures this out the better.

Will probably save money too.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Why is it when a democrat is in power an radical islamic state comes from it? Carter-Iran.......Clinton-Kosovo........Obama-Egypt.

uhhh. what? Islamic State?
There is no official or state religion of Kosovo. They are 90% Muslim...dating back to the 15th century...they are also a democracy.

Your statements are oddly wrong. I guess I just think differently as I would not claim something unless I at least had some idea what I was talking about.

Here start with wikipedia on Kosovo...en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The eruption in Egypt has left White House officials scrambling to manage a major international crisis after briefly enjoying their best run in more than a year. “We’re struggling to figure all this out,” said a top official who was among the many White House advisers who spent the weekend calibrating the public and private diplomacy. President Barack Obama’s closest aides are buoyed by a political resurgence, an embryonic but apparently real economic recovery and a White House reorganization that most West Wingers applaud. But now these officials fret that new instability in the Middle East

Yep their all over it like stink on poopy. lol.

link

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

There is no official or state religion of Kosovo. They are 90% Muslim...dating back to the 15th century...they are also a democracy.

Your statements are oddly wrong. I guess I just think differently as I claim something unless I at least had some idea what I was talking about.

PRISTINA, Yugoslavia, Sept. 12 (RNS)--Kosovo's Muslim leaders are tackling the enormous task of repairing nearly half the region's mosques damaged by war-- and educating an Islamic public largely ignorant of its faith. If the leaders of Kosovo's overwhelmingly dominant faith succeed, they may well create what one religion expert here believes will be Europe's "second Muslim state" after neighboring Albania. Indeed, Kosovo's Grand Mufti, Rexhep Boja, the Muslims' spiritual head who has carefully avoided politics, is adamant on one political question: whether Kosovo will someday be rejoined with predominantly Orthodox Serbia. "The people will not accept it. I won't either," said Boja, 54, in an interview in his office at the Islamic Faculty here. "After what happened, we just cannot accept it." Kosovo remains part of Serb-dominated Yugoslavia under the terms of the United Nations Security Council resolution that ended last year's NATO bombing and allowed for the return of more than 700,000 ethnic Albanian refugees to the province. In practice, U.N. administrators are in charge and ethnic Serbs are steadily fleeing Kosovo.

www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Oh cool the opinion of some random unknown man calling himself an expert is now a fact.

I suppose I shouldn't give my opinion of the OP as it may simply become a fact on ATS.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Does anyone think that the situation in Egypt is not going to lead to some sort of major 'conflict'? The global corporations who make huge sums of money off of supplying crude oil and natural gas, who use the Suez Canal to transport all sorts of commodities from global suppliers to their customers, will NOT just sit back and watch whats going on if these resources were slowed or stopped, especially if the 'Muslim Brotherhood' takes over, which would cause the global economy to really tank. Add to that there is an oil pipeline that runs from the Red Sea to the port of Alexandria, Egypt, where crude oil is pumped to waiting tankers to go to European and Amercian markets, and that Israel is dependent on sources in Egypt to provide electricity to that nation, would it come as any surprise to see the global corporations and their 'forces' acting to protect those resources? What nations are providing arms and technologies to the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran? Russia and China! This is a very dangerous situation folks! All its going to take is one little 'spark', and the whole thing goes off!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Oh cool the opinion of some random unknown man calling himself an expert is now a fact.

I suppose I shouldn't give my opinion of the OP as it may simply become a fact on ATS.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

I guess you know more than Kosovo's Grand Mufti. I'm impressed.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
Does anyone think that the situation in Egypt is not going to lead to some sort of major 'conflict'? The global corporations who make huge sums of money off of supplying crude oil and natural gas, who use the Suez Canal to transport all sorts of commodities from global suppliers to their customers, will NOT just sit back and watch whats going on if these resources were slowed or stopped, especially if the 'Muslim Brotherhood' takes over, which would cause the global economy to really tank. Add to that there is an oil pipeline that runs from the Red Sea to the port of Alexandria, Egypt, where crude oil is pumped to waiting tankers to go to European and Amercian markets, and that Israel is dependent on sources in Egypt to provide electricity to that nation, would it come as any surprise to see the global corporations and their 'forces' acting to protect those resources? What nations are providing arms and technologies to the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran? Russia and China! This is a very dangerous situation folks! All its going to take is one little 'spark', and the whole thing goes off!

Of course it will if there is any messin with da oil. More than the oil though like you say we along with the EU have left Israel hangin in the breeze on this one. They may just say the hell with it and charge back into the Sinai and get the party going???

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Your statements are oddly wrong. I guess I just think differently as I claim something unless I at least had some idea what I was talking about.

PRISTINA, Yugoslavia, Sept. 12 (RNS)--Kosovo's Muslim leaders are tackling the enormous task of repairing nearly half the region's mosques damaged by war-- and educating an Islamic public largely ignorant of its faith.

If the leaders of Kosovo's overwhelmingly dominant faith succeed, they may well create what one religion expert here believes will be Europe's "second Muslim state" after neighboring Albania. Indeed, Kosovo's Grand Mufti, Rexhep Boja, the Muslims' spiritual head who has carefully avoided politics, .

www.beliefnet.com...

Did you read your post? Kosovo is not an Islamic State...They are rebuilding Mosques..big deal. The are a democracy and a secular society by contemporary accounts.

It is odd that you would claim they became an Islamic State under Clinton when that is plainly not true then or now.

BTW - Beliefnet as a source? really? No agenda there..

link

Well that explains it. i am debating with an 11 year old.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

PRISTINA, Yugoslavia, Sept. 12 (RNS)--Kosovo's Muslim leaders are tackling the enormous task of repairing nearly half the region's mosques damaged by war-- and educating an Islamic public largely ignorant of its faith.

If the leaders of Kosovo's overwhelmingly dominant faith succeed, they may well create what one religion expert here believes will be Europe's "second Muslim state" after neighboring Albania. Indeed, Kosovo's Grand Mufti, Rexhep Boja, the Muslims' spiritual head who has carefully avoided politics, .

www.beliefnet.com...

Did you read your post? Kosovo is not an Islamic State...They are rebuilding Mosques..big deal. The are a democracy and a secular society by contemporary accounts.

It is odd that you would claim they became an Islamic State under Clinton when that is plainly not true then or now.

BTW - Beliefnet as a source? really? No agenda there..

link

Well that explains it. i am debating with an 11 year old.

No your running because your wrong. 90% muslim in Kosovo. Mujahedin or however you spell it flocked to fight meanwhile Clinton slaughtered innocent civilians supporting them through the air.

Now back to the topic at hand since one coward has run.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This statement makes no sense.

He is slyly asserting that the African-American civil rights movement is a secret "Mooslim", (Communist too, why not?), plot to destroy America.

FAIL

edit on 2/1/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join