It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why didn't Obama admin see this coming in Egypt?

page: 3
3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


What exactly was he supposed to do? send troops in? lol


That's how Bush fought off global warming..
Deployed 30,000 troops to the sun.

Too bad it didn't work in Afghanistan.
edit on 31-1-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
What behaviors has he displayed or words has he said that would validate this assumption?


You're right.

It's been widely reported that obowma has been attending parties while this whole mess - that could ultimately have a wonderful or terrible effect on the U.S - goes down.

Remind anyone else of what they said about the Roman emperor Nero?


Please do me the courtesy of not pulling out a fragment of what I said and then twisting my words to parlay into your lame point. If this isn't against the T&C, it should be. .



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


America: World Police!



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It isn't too late to make Sarah Palin a special envoy and send her over to fix it for you.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
What behaviors has he displayed or words has he said that would validate this assumption?


You're right.

It's been widely reported that obowma has been attending parties while this whole mess - that could ultimately have a wonderful or terrible effect on the U.S - goes down.

Remind anyone else of what they said about the Roman emperor Nero?


Please do me the courtesy of not pulling out a fragment of what I said and then twisting my words to parlay into your lame point. If this isn't against the T&C, it should be. .


I couldn't have been clearer.

The title of the thread is: Why didn't Obama admin see this coming in Egypt?

You asked what behaviors has obama shown that support the idea he didn't see the middle east problems coming.

I chose to answer that one question - which is hardly a T&C violation - by showing that he is attending parties and thus not seeming or acting too concerned.

Should have been simple enough to understand.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That's funny they didn't see things coming they're jumping in with this quick enough:

______beforeitsnews/story/387/947/Statement_from_National_Security_Council_Spokesman_Tommy_Vietor_on_Events_Surrounding_Strategy_31_Protests.html

This is from the Fedral Gov.,

What do you think - are they trying to look more caring? I don't know what to think now?



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Why didn't Obama admin see this coming in Egypt?



For the same reason Bush didn't see 911? /sarcasm

As others have so eloquently stated, did you expect preemptive action? I'd say we have a crisis or two brewing on the home front not to mention 2 wars. Had he taken any preemptive measures what so ever, there would have been the same tantrums by the Right. Why are we spending that money over there blah,blah blah.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


What exactly was he supposed to do? send troops in? lol


That's how Bush fought off global warming..
Deployed 30,000 troops to the sun.


I heard they went at night to avoid the scorching heat and radiation.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
well they need to give me a job then.....i saw this a mile away.

the US thought they could support these marches to get reform, but the people wanted him out completely and his regime that puts foreigners before its people.

the US thought that they could nip this in the bud....but cant...doh!...lol....duh.

look the U.S. THINK THAT MUBARAK HAS CREATED A CLIMATE AND A SITUATION IN EGYPT THAT SUITS HIM....PLAYING BOTH SIDES EAST AND WEST TO STAY IN POWER.
THEY THINK HE IS NOT CLAMPING DOWN HARD ENOUGH ON CERTAIN ASPECTS OF SOCIETY.

this is ignorant...he is a genius that has managed to keep the WORLD happy...suppressing any right wing POLITICAL VIEW any one has....in favour of the west.. but now the people want the wests REGIME out....ouch! using your own blueprint against you....got to sting lol

still I THINK ISREAL WILL DO A SHOW OF FORCE SOON IN SINAI....PROBABLY STRIKING A TARGET...THIS ANXIETY WILL START A WAR.

I WANT TO SAY TO THE WEST CALM DOWN AND STOP BEING ANXIOUS...LOSING MUBARAK DOES NOT MEAN AN ISLAMIC STATE....THEY DIDNT GET ONE IN BEFORE I DONT THINK IT WILL BE ONE NOW...EGYPTIANS WANT AN EGYPTIAN WHO IS PART OF THE PEOPLE...A SOCIALIST...BUT THEY DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE STANCE OF THE ARMY

edit on 31-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Lindsey Williams says the oil execs did see this comming and he did say for the last two years or more that "the conflict in the middle east" would start at the beginning of 2011.
He said all along the oil execs said there would be no war with Iran before now and there hasn't been.

He also said that oil would go to 150 to 200 hun a barrel by this year's end and this looks like the excuse to cause that to happen too...

and...
Obamas blind retirement fund Vanguard sold massive BP stocks just before the Deep Water disaster...
So I'm sure he saw this coming and I am sure that the US guv and Soros and the other globalists are pushing this agenda too...
another scam....exporting demo(lition)ocracy
yay.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Do you really think a bunch of "protestors" and "freedom fighters" will run any government in Egypt? They'll be killed in the streets if they try. Look who is being installed as the so called leader of the minions. Irans puppet from the IAEA. Wake up people. This is the work of militant islamists and our media stands right there on the front lines with em along with obama. The final blow to our economy is within reach.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarmSun
It isn't too late to make Sarah Palin a special envoy and send her over to fix it for you.


She could do a helluva lot better than hillary. Hell muslims hate women anyway why is that hag running around the middle east to begin with. They don't respect her at all just like when bush had that alien condi rice running around.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


Its possible that Obama didn't see this coming, but he may not have been in the loop. Its also possible that he knew this was coming because he was briefed by those who do know, and trust me, they know! All communictions are monitored using very powerful computer intelligence gathering systems that can sort out important information in milliseconds. Responses to that information are made according to the risk level assessment. If its actionable, action will be taken, guarranteed!



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
They're between the devil and the deep blue sea and they've lost their rudder.

They are so afraid of Islamic extremists taking the helm but the people of Egypt are demonstrating against Authoritarinism these are not people who would give that up for a more exteme regime (Dont think so)

So the US Gov has to be guilty of playing that one a bit heavy. What is more likely is that they couldn't give a monkeys about the people. It's there control of Mubarak they have been enjoying. The guy has provided a buffer zone for Isreal and they know that the Egyption People do not support what Isreal has been doing to the Palastinians but because of Mubarak they have had to put it on the back burner. Now that is what the US is afraid of - the Egyptians won't allow an extremist brotherhood to take over (they're shouting for democracy) but whoever takes over will because of their need for Democracy, be forced to address what is happening in Palastine.

This will change the whole game plan bearing in mind all the other pieces in the equation.

Hence they know that the worlds stock exchange will be based on many other risks (new risks) hence these business meetings at high level.
There are so many possible reasons for this meeting but while they devide us they themselves like to be united in their cause and outlook.

Just a thought - we'll wait and see????



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
They all saw it coming. Bush even addressed reaching out to the Muslim Brotherhood about 5 years ago.

The true irony is how gullible people are.



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wait...you're serious? The last time I checked, Obama was the President, not the Numero Uno Psychic. Egypt has had the same government for decades, so it's about the last place around that area of the world that one would expect such a thing to happen in.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


I agree with the OP.

I feel the Obama Administration is really dropping the ball on this one. Just like all the other presidents, he will just be remembered as another president indirectly supporting brutal dictatorships. I am sure he knew exactly what was going to happen in egypt, like many of us have. Perhaps not all of us knew the specific date, but it is pretty obvious that revolution was likely in that entire region considering the circumstances.

Our government needs to acknowledge the festering wound that is our foreign policy in the middle east. It can no longer be ignored.

I wonder if this level of exposure on msm of Americas hypocrisy will help people realize how #ed up we are.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross
 


And yet all you keep hearing on the news is gas may go up because of whats happening....My thoughts have been this will be a good excuse to raise prices so THEY can make a even BIGGER profit!!



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


How would you know he did not see it comming?



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
They're between the devil and the deep blue sea and they've lost their rudder.

They are so afraid of Islamic extremists taking the helm but the people of Egypt are demonstrating against Authoritarinism these are not people who would give that up for a more exteme regime (Dont think so)

So the US Gov has to be guilty of playing that one a bit heavy. What is more likely is that they couldn't give a monkeys about the people. It's there control of Mubarak they have been enjoying. The guy has provided a buffer zone for Isreal and they know that the Egyption People do not support what Isreal has been doing to the Palastinians but because of Mubarak they have had to put it on the back burner. Now that is what the US is afraid of - the Egyptians won't allow an extremist brotherhood to take over (they're shouting for democracy) but whoever takes over will because of their need for Democracy, be forced to address what is happening in Palastine.

This will change the whole game plan bearing in mind all the other pieces in the equation.

Hence they know that the worlds stock exchange will be based on many other risks (new risks) hence these business meetings at high level.
There are so many possible reasons for this meeting but while they devide us they themselves like to be united in their cause and outlook.

Just a thought - we'll wait and see????
Agreed this is the most well reasoned response I have seen this since The Revolution started in Tunisia.I will say this The Administration may not have seen this coming and for good or bad Obama will be known as the guy who had the Global Revolution happen on his watch.I stand with the Movement.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join