It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't Obama admin see this coming in Egypt?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
From the response we are getting from the White House it seems they had no idea this was about to happen nor any plan to reply. After what occured in Tunesia this is utter incompetence on the CIC and his staff. Now with this same type of uprising soon to spread what is the admin prepared to do just sit back and watch our interests in the gulf go up in flames??? Foreign policy under this president has been an absolute failure and this tops the cake.

Meanwhile Obama attends his daughters basketball game and parties it up with Axlerod as the mideast burns. All I can say is he better take the clamps off oil production over here because once the spigot gets shut off in the middle east he'll be looking at folks outside the White House with pitchforks and shovels and the military standing aside just like in Egypt.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Oh I see...this is Obama's fault as well.

I forget...is he the President of the United States...or Egypt?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Obama is actually doing the right thing. It is up to the people of Egypt, not the US, to decide how their country is run. For 30 years, the US supported the dictator Mubarke, and the people have finally said "enough." Backing off and letting them decide is exactly the right decision.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What exactly was he supposed to do? send troops in? lol

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
His laser like focus on creating jobs
deterred him from seeing this.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Where is the proof that they didn't know?? You assume the US government knew nothing of this, so where is your proof. Have you heard the saying "just play dumb."
edit on 31-1-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Where is the proof that they didn't know?? You assume the US government knew nothing of this, so where is your proof. Have you heard the saying "just play dumb."

They were meeting with high level egyptian military in the pentagon right when this started. He had to know something I rekon. They can't be that dumb.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Obama is actually doing the right thing. It is up to the people of Egypt, not the US, to decide how their country is run. For 30 years, the US supported the dictator Mubarke, and the people have finally said "enough." Backing off and letting them decide is exactly the right decision.

The "right thing" is to protect America's interests. We are dependent on foreign oil and now he is letting islamists run wild in Egypt. Believe all the blathering about "freedom fighters" you want on TV that is not the case. Maybe they think it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Obama did not see this comming
Carter did not see it comming either

Both are/were victems of over a century of failed ME policy.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Oh I see...this is Obama's fault as well.

I forget...is he the President of the United States...or Egypt?

As well?? I said he was not prepared to react. He should have been. Sitting back doing nothing is not the course to be taken. As much as you may love the great one he is a joke in foreign affairs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Among Obama's impressive resume, I do not recall soothsayer being listed. Even if Obama could have foreseen what is going on in Egypt, what should he have done about it? What about the rest of the world leaders? should we be critical of them as well? What about Egypt's own leadership...

It is my opinion that Obama is taking the correct course of action here...let the fully capable citizens of Egypt handle their own civil issues.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Obama is good at that and I don't think he's playing.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Yes that may be true, but the people WILL not forget that the US supported Mubarak for 3 decades knowing all along what his regime was doing.

Does this ring a bell? If you were thinking The Shah of iran you win the prize. We did the same thing there and failed to learn our lesson in Egypt.

Whos next after the Islamic Republic of Egypt is created?

ding ding ding yep Saudi Arabia

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I guess the organizers of the revolt forgot to call him up.

Let's be honest. The American government does not want a democratic Egypt. They have stifled any and all movements towards democracy and development in the Middle East for decades with the goal to have domination over the region's vast energy resources. When Obama and Clinton spout that they want what is best for the people, they are lying.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Obama did not see this comming
Carter did not see it comming either

Both are/were victems of over a century of failed ME policy.

The failed policy in the mid east was to prevent the US from providing their own energy. There will never be any peace in the mideast unless everyone non-muslim is killed. Simple.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Even if they did know, what would you suggest we, the US, do? The Egyptians are fed up with their leader and are demanding he step down. It is not for us to decide whether they are right, wrong, or if he should step down. Let them fight for their own freedom. There is no reason for the US or any other country to stick their noses in this, right now. We have no reason to get involved. This includes if we don't like the end result. It's not true freedom unless the people fight for it on their own.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar

Let's be honest. The American government does not want a democratic Egypt. They have stifled any and all movements towards democracy and development in the Middle East for decades with the goal to have domination over the region's vast energy resources. When Obama and Clinton spout that they want what is best for the people, they are lying.

So your telling me we monitor traffic from all over the world picking up "chatter" about everything but got nothing from Egypt this whole time? Hey he figures gas at six bucks a pop will destroy the economy more so have at it egypt civilian unrest. If they shut off the suez all the better I guess. Next up Syria then Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar

Or maybe Obama wants radical islamic lunatics to control that oil. He has said in his book when the time comes he will stand with the muslims. That is a fact.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
His laser like focus on creating jobs
deterred him from seeing this.

I was thinking in the realm of the next great vacation that the american taxpayers can foot the bill on

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Even if they did know, what would you suggest we, the US, do? The Egyptians are fed up with their leader and are demanding he step down. It is not for us to decide whether they are right, wrong, or if he should step down. Let them fight for their own freedom. There is no reason for the US or any other country to stick their noses in this, right now. We have no reason to get involved. This includes if we don't like the end result. It's not true freedom unless the people fight for it on their own.

We stand with Mubarik like we have for thirty years. Right now we along with the EU are letting Israel hang out to dry. Nothing but all out war in the middle east will come of this. Israel whupped em once I guess they better be ready again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join