It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New superman cast!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
New superman has been cast.

Any opinons? personally I dont think he looks the part, superman has always been handsome and neat looking this wannabe grity version is trying to milk nolans batman. I think they need to play closer attention to the source material like nolan did. Superman is NOT gritty IMO.

www.bigshinyrobot.com...
edit on 31-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

Any opinons? personally I dont think he looks the part, superman has always been handsome and neat looking this wannabe grity version is trying to milk nolans batman. I think they need to play closer attention to the source material like nolan did. Superman is NOT gritty IMO.

www.bigshinyrobot.com...

You have got to be kidding me ! I think this character is spreading rumors to help his career .I would wait for a better source to confirm .

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Wait... superman movie..

slated for DEC 2012?

maybe its not a movie. they are making him INTO superman to save us in 2012!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
MTV
ABC
Entertainment Weekly
the rest

I think its save to say...
This is true.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Henry Cavill is a fantastic actor, and I feel that after the DISASTER that was Superman Returns and it's sequel they need to change things up a bit.

I just don't think that the comics translate well into cinema in this day and age, Superman needs an edge.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Superman Returns was only a disaster because of the story....had nothing to do with the actors. Brandon Routh absolutely channeled Christopher Reeve, and Spacey did a great Luthor...

The whole kid out of wedlock bit, and the silly master plot (and ability of Superman to lift a whole lot of Kryptonite) is what doomed the movie...

Guess we'll see once we see this guy in the red, yellow and blue...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Superman Returns was only a disaster because of the story....had nothing to do with the actors. Brandon Routh absolutely channeled Christopher Reeve, and Spacey did a great Luthor...

The whole kid out of wedlock bit, and the silly master plot (and ability of Superman to lift a whole lot of Kryptonite) is what doomed the movie...

Guess we'll see once we see this guy in the red, yellow and blue...

You are so right that the story line sucked. Little man being Supe's kid though was an interesting twist. I did want to see where they went with that. Guess we will never know.

This is so exciting for me though, New Superman movie in 2012, oh by the way I'm the world's biggest superman fan!!!!!

ps I have always hoped fr Tom Welling to suit up on the big screen.
edit on 31-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Not sure why they didn't go there...(Tom Welling).

Is it that maybe Smallville is so far from what the movie audience knows of Superman? Still though, they would have had a built in fan base here...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The only thing I ever read about not using Welling, is that they wanted to stay away from the blue tights on the show. Who knows maybe this one will be a one shot too, and then Welling will take over what really should be his role, or maybe we'll get a GA film haha

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

www.bigshinyrobot.com...

You do realise Nolan is in on this right? Producer and Co-Writer.

Hoping he will make it plausible enough to bring Bats and Supes together, it needs to be in a gritty world for that to happen. I don't expect him to have the beard in the movie.

As much as I enjoy Smallville, it's an ultimate cheese fest of the highest proportions and will never work on the big screen, sorry.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Everyone was saying the same thing when Brandon Routh got the part in "Superman Returns". It was odd in that Brandon Routh is younger than Tom Welling. I also think Brandon Routh did an awesome job in the last film and I wouldn't have minded his return in this one.

The movie is currently titled "The Man of Steel" and is being directed by Zach Snyder who previously directed "300" and "Watchmen". The script is written by David Goyer and Jonathon Nolan who also wrote "The Dark Knight". The story reportedly involves Lex Luthor and Brainiac.

Nolan has stated before that the films will not be connected and says their movie franchises exist in separate worlds, so I wouldn't expect any crossovers. "The Dark Knight Rises" is scheduled to open on July 20, 2012 and "The Man of Steel" is scheduled for later that December.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I am wondering if the story line will be a complete reboot as stated in some of the articles, a la Hulk a few years back. If it is, the choice of name is a good idea, the initail reboot of Supes in the comic book realm was a 6 part miniseries back in 1986 entitled simply "The Man of Steel" following the "Crisis on Infinite Earths"

Ok you guys got my comic book geek to come out, happy?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It definitely is a reboot. Superman and Lois won't have a kid, and I doubt it will reference any of the Donner films. An interview mentioned that it won't be an origin story, and the film expects the audience to already know the basics.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
Nolan has stated before that the films will not be connected and says their movie franchises exist in separate worlds, so I wouldn't expect any crossovers. "The Dark Knight Rises" is scheduled to open on July 20, 2012 and "The Man of Steel" is scheduled for later that December.

But wouldnt it have been great

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I wouldn't rule it out, film-makers do it all the time, tell you one thing in an attempt to keep things under wraps.
It generally involve's signing confidentiality contracts. They're not allowed to say "yeah, we might do this if the Supes film works out well".

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure what Batman could bring to the table that Superman couldn't handle, unless Kryptonite was involved....

Let's face it, Batman and Superman are like polar opposites...

Superman - godlike powers, more powerful than any other known super hero (or villain)
Batman - regular guy, just good training and equipment (and smarts)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I thought Routh was great too. I have no idea why he's not returning.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

it would probably be the old comic story, Batman is a 'vigilante' wanted by the 'legitimate' law in Gotham. Superman being the big boy scout that he is decides to go and apprehend the vigilante, only to find out that they have more in common than they first thought, and then work together.

That story goes back quite some time, it would be interesting to see the 21st century take on it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Bringing those two together creates space for the Justice League of America.

Start off with the 2 most acceptable before you bring in all the others.

There's actually too much logic in joining these two.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Thats why I think the Smallville idea should have been explored. They already established the characters of Supergirl, Green Arrow, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Hawkman....

The only thing left would be the intro of Bats.

The show is a bit cheesy and campy, but it has the core audience, I just wish I could watch it more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join