It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in god's name is happening??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
And one can see, so very clearly, who are agents of division and hate, and who are the ones that could lead the world in a different type of civilization.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
reply to post by pepsi78

I would like to hear more. Would you make a thread about your mystical ideas of love and expand on them? I looked at your past threads, in hope of finding insights into your ideas, but your threads seem to be mostly political in nature...

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

Contrary to you seeing things, the right side of things, going to the light side is giving up on your emotions, love included, giving up on free will, becoming a robot of understanding. You would have to scream just to feel something. It's what enlightment is, you give it all up for knowlege and understanding while you die inside.

Here is a nice description

When you start asking "how do my thoughts come in my mind" like information feed into a machine you begin to freak out, no control at all, you gave it up. Welcome to the light. For-Give and For-get. Froget just to be your self again. . Forgiven so you can forget. When we are forgiven, we forget.
edit on 30-1-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I appreciate your efforts, but I'm having trouble parsing your words.

Nice song though.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Theres been worse times throughout history, I don't think there's anything to indicate we're near the endtimes, other than people scaremongering or worrying needlessly. People living in the Roman Empire during its collapse, during the Black Death or the Mongol raids, even the two world wars would have felt similarily gloomy if not alot worse, but it didn't mean the end was coming. I think there's a few recorded texts from the one/some of the popes in the 6th century predicting the endtimes.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

You have just made an incredible point and I totally agree with you. War, famine and disease have been apart of us since the dawn of time. What is it about this point in time that is different?

A lot more people are waking up everyday and I for one am scared and excited all at the same time. I really feel there is serious change on the horizon. Whether its a spiritual change or we just get plain fed up is the mystery. It may seem hopeless at times, or even pointless but I think humanity is about to do an 'about face'. Let's just pray its for all the right reasons.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Theres been worse times throughout history, I don't think there's anything to indicate we're near the endtimes, other than people scaremongering or worrying needlessly. People living in the Roman Empire during its collapse, during the Black Death or the Mongol raids, even the two world wars would have felt similarily gloomy if not alot worse, but it didn't mean the end was coming. I think there's a few recorded texts from the one/some of the popes in the 6th century predicting the endtimes.

Once again, I posted this on page 4 & 5. You can call it scaremongering or fearmongering. Please explain. I have not hear one explanation of this term yet. It is used too freely used with no explaination. I will continue to post this on all threads until someone can explain what this term means:

Are you speaking for yourself or for everyone else? If it's for yourself, then please go to another thread!
If you are speaking for everyone else, then why?

I have read every comment on this thread, and I do not see anyone in fear. I continue to see the word "Fear Mongering" on blogs, youtube and this site.

Use your common sense. If you are afraid, then don't read these posts. If I turn on SciFi and decide the movie is too scary, then I just turn the channel! Am I suppose to call SciFi and tell them they are fear mongering?

Fear mongering to me would be someone threatening my life! I have never seen anything on here, youtube or blogs that I would call fear mongering. If something is scaring me, I turn the page, change the channel or read another thread! I have never understood the term "fear mongering" and why people continue to use this term.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Wow beautifully written...Coming from a place of.Unconditional love is what i to wish for the world and myself....It can only start with ourselves tho and ripple out to the world one by one....Thank you for the reminder of what I need to work on..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
reply to post by pepsi78

I appreciate your efforts, but I'm having trouble parsing your words.
Nice song though.

It's what you know that will hurt you, ever herd of that saing, what you don't know won't hurt you.
The door opens up and it's all fire, you melt in it ataining knowlege and understanding but giving up on the other side. You know stuff have an understanding but there is a price to pay for enlightment, your soul. It's like santa brings gifts but melts all the nice snow.

.... Like it or not it's what enlightment is, no emotions, no feelings, empty on the inside. You walk, talk like a robot doll, then you go around stating, it's an illusion, it's an illusion because you see others like robots, reallity breaks down. Is that what you call love ? It is the hard core truth. No ho..ho..ho ly water. Like someone said, the kingdom of god is inside of you, like a cent, inocent, you pay with that to gain a better understanding, you pay with your own incocence, once you know you are not incocent any more, you sacrifice your own self to atain enligtment, understanding.

As I see it it's the way it's suppose to be, picking one side will render the other side off.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Once again, I posted this on page 4 & 5. You can call it scaremongering or fearmongering. Please explain. I have not hear one explanation of this term yet. It is used too freely used with no explaination. I will continue to post this on all threads until someone can explain what this term means:

Are you speaking for yourself or for everyone else? If it's for yourself, then please go to another thread!
If you are speaking for everyone else, then why?

I have read every comment on this thread, and I do not see anyone in fear. I continue to see the word "Fear Mongering" on blogs, youtube and this site.

Use your common sense. If you are afraid, then don't read these posts. If I turn on SciFi and decide the movie is too scary, then I just turn the channel! Am I suppose to call SciFi and tell them they are fear mongering?

Fear mongering to me would be someone threatening my life! I have never seen anything on here, youtube or blogs that I would call fear mongering. If something is scaring me, I turn the page, change the channel or read another thread! I have never understood the term "fear mongering" and why people continue to use this term.

SciFi movies don't purport to be real, whereas many scaremongerers try to tell people that the world is ending at whatever time, in real life, for whatever reason. Saying don't read the posts is stupid, and surely goes against the principles of many people who come to this site.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
reply to post by nakiannunaki

The chaos has always existed in the world, but perhaps our perception of it is changing.

I would have to agree.

Not so long ago thousands of people could perish in natural disasters and most of the worlds inhabitants were oblivious to it , or did not hear of it until months or years later.

Today we have media supersaturation of any major event ..... played over and over and over .

This has a bizarre effect on our Stone Age minds ....... and how we ultimately assess risk in the Modern Age .

Might be of interest...
Dan Gardner - "The Science and Politics of Fear"

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I do not feel that the world is about to end. Your perceptions create your reality. Gathering "news" and opinions from the internet or 24 hour cable has a huge affect on your perceptions. "News" does not have to be accurate, or even relevant to you. The goal is simply to have you come back for more content.

Example: if you lived out in the middle of the woods alone without a radio or TV or much human contact for the last 50 years, you would have no idea about unrest in the middle east, Y2K, 2012, 9/11, the Cuban missile crisis, or any of that other "news." I can pick out spots of woods by my house that have literally been unchanged in any meaningful fashion for probably hundreds of years. If you lived a life of voluntary poverty as a hermit in those woods, you would not know or care about the "news" because it would literally have no affect on your existence. I am not advocating this lifestyle, it just illustrates my point.

All technology carries a price to the end user. Anxiety in the information age is a normal human response to a constant barrage of negative content.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have an answer to your question: "What in God's name is happening?"

Time is accelerating. Time actually has a spiral structure and it is approaching a singularity of ultimate complexity.

It is most unfortunate that the ideas of novelty theory have not disseminated far enough to help people understand what is happening. Not even in the 2012 movements.

I will share some information about this idea from a man named Terence McKenna.

It's heady stuff, but it makes a whole universe of sense when you get down to it.

-----

Fractal Time software a.k.a. Timewave Zero ( by Peter Meyer, from Hermetic Systems: www.hermetic.ch... )

This software illustrates a theory of time, history and the end of history as first described in the book The Invisible Landscape by Terence and Dennis McKenna. As related by Terence McKenna in his book True Hallucinations, the theory of Timewave Zero was revealed to him in the wake of an unusual psychedelic experiment conducted deep in the Amazon jungle in Colombia in 1971, which led to his being instructed in certain transformations of numbers, derived from the King Wen Sequence of I Ching hexagrams, relating to the occurrence of temporal phenomena. This led eventually to a mathematical description of "the timewave", which allegedly correlates time and history with the ebb and flow of something called Novelty, claimed to be a quality intrinsic to the temporal structure of the universe.

A peculiarity of this correlation is that at a certain point a singularity is reached which is the end of history — or at least a transition to a supra-historical order in which our ordinary conceptions of reality will be radically transformed. The date of this point was chosen by McKenna to be December 21, 2012, the date of the winter solstice of that year and also the end of the current era of 13 baktuns in the Maya Calendar (according to the Goodman-Martinez-Thompson correlation 584,283).

A remarkable quality of the timewave is that it is a fractal (although this was not fully revealed until the late 1980s). Once a part of the wave is displayed the software allows you to expand any smaller part. This usually reveals a complexity of structure which persists however much the wave is magnified, a property typical of fractals. The idea that time has a fractal structure (in contrast to the Newtonian conception of time as pure, unstructured, duration) was first proposed by Terence McKenna. It is certainly an intriguing idea worthy of further consideration by physicists.

An interesting part of the theory of Timewave Zero is the notion of historical periods "in resonance" with each other, in which the events of the earlier period are in some sense repeated in the later. The software permits graphical display of different regions of the timewave that are in resonance with each other, and includes the ability to graph the so-called trigrammatic resonances in addition to the major resonances. This Fractal Time software thus permits a proper examination of Terence McKenna's claim to have discovered a property of time in terms of which historical phenomena can be explained and even predicted.

Timewave Zero ( text from fusionanomaly.net... )

Terence McKenna's software plotting the fractals of "novelty" over many thousands of years of earth's history, up to 2012 C.E., at which point novelty will reach the state of infinite culmination. He defines novelty, of course, as "the density of connectedness" or the "degree of complexity." The I Ching says that Time is a series of identifiable elements in flux. There are 64 of these "elements." He also believes that what we today call the I Ching is but a tiny fragment of a once immense device, now forever lost.

Looking at the I Ching from a quantum physics perspective, Terence and his brother Dennis discovered a wave pattern in the ordering of the Tarot's trigrams and hexagrams that suggested time could be mapped. One of the oldest "structured abstractions" known, the I Ching has been found scratched on the 6,000 year-old shoulder bone of a sheep. Since the I Ching is particularly concerned with the dynamic relationships and transformations that archetypes undergo, McKenna intuited that the I Ching must also be deeply involved with the nature of time as the necessary condition for the manifestation of archetypes as categories of experience.

Centering his attention on examining the King Wen sequence of sixty four hexagrams, McKenna's search for the ordering principles that lay behind it managed to translate what was essentially a mystical diagram into a rationally apprehensible, mathematical model. Working with Peter Meyer, McKenna developed a personal computer software package that takes his discoveries concerning the I Ching and creates time maps based upon them. These time maps, or novelty maps, show the ebb an flow of connectedness, or novelty, in any span of time from a few days to tens of millennia.

In McKenna's novelty map, when the graph line moves downward, novelty is assumed to be increasing. When there is movement away from the base line, novelty is assumed to be decreasing in favor of habitual forms of activity. According to this graph, one trend toward greater novelty reached its culmination around 2700 B.C., precisely at the height of the Old Kingdom pyramid-building phase. Perhaps most remarkable of all McKenna's discoveries was the fact that the only point in the entire wave that has a quantified value of zero is December 21, 2012 A.D. -- the same date that has been interpreted as the Mayan Calendar's end of time.

The Timewave zero model shows the past 1,500 years to have been highly novel times that have oscillated at levels of novelty very close to the horizontal axis, the maximized "zero state." When the zero point is reached, the wave passes out of the past and into the future. We are approaching a point, says McKenna, "when the rational and acausal tendencies inherent in time may again reverse their positions of dominance."

McKenna views history, with it's hunger for completion, as "an anomaly... a complete fluke," in which "all ideas of salvation, enlightenment, or utopia may be taken to be expressions in consciousness of the drive of energy to free itself from the limitations of three-dimensional space." As history races toward it's denouement, evolution is carried out of strictly biological confines and into the mental realm where language and other abstractions begin to pull us together toward "a complex attractor that exists ahead of us in time." This"concrescence," says McKenna is now so close that it can be felt in the sense of accelerating time and complexity.

McKenna discusses the repercussions of our collective approach to Timewave Zero and how psychedelics can be used to condition ourselves for our upcoming move into of the body of eternity and out of three-dimensional time and space.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Terence McKenna (RIP) wrote extensively on this issue. If you have spent any time on ATS then I feel sure that you are aware of his timewave zero program.

I do not buy into any 2012 nonsense, but what I do see as valid is the form of the timewave that was written of by McKenna.

He uses the interconnectedness of the world through computers to calculate an exponential "speeding up" of time.

The more interconnected we are, the more information we have available to us.

The entire world is a cycle of death and rebirth. This is the basis for every single religion known on this planet.
(and by religion, I refer to any type of deist religion)

The more interconnected we are, the more aware we become of ourselves.
The more aware we become of our own power to manifest through will then....

We either become more enlightened or more frightened.

Which will you choose?

Remember... We don't have forever to make this choice. This game has a time limit.

It is just a ride man.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm so glad egypt's people had the courage to do this. It's more my style than the america I live in.
If americans had the balls to do the same,they wouldnt do so,because they dont have the balls to be labeled as a "terrorist".

I have been bullied by the american government for 2 years now,and if something like this happened in america i would be on the front lines,I AM! sick of bieng oppressed. I broke no laws and they threw me in jail 4 times,then the 5th time came around and they threw me in jail illegally. That's right, our own government broke the law,throwing me in jail. I even told them,as they were arressting me,"i did not break the law,this is illegall what you are doing,how do you sleep at night?". They threw me in jail anyways,and a few days later a group got me out of jail free of charge,because i did not break the law. If i had broken the law and they did have the right to throw me in jail i would have spent 6 months,not the 3 days i did.

It's these kind of events,that are pushing people to the breaking point. I get angry every single day,just thinking how my government bullied me around,making my life miserable. Every single day, I am cursed to think about what my government has put me through.

Down with tyranny,in with the new,citizen ruled government.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

doesnt it tell u something that the world changes for u since u are member here? ...its just selective perception. Now we think much is happening cause we read bizarre stuff here.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sibilance

I do not feel that the world is about to end.

But doesn't that depend on what you mean by world? I mean, it seems to me that most people who think the 'world is about to end' don't actually think the planet is going to blow up in an explosion, and don't think that humanity is going to actually go extinct.

I feel like the various structures we have built, be they political, religious, bureaucratic, scientific, etc are about to end. So if I were to say, "the world is about to end", those are the things I would be referring to. Not the physical planet itself, and not Humanity itself. We are entering an anti-structural, liminal period of communitas.

Again.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I completely disagree with your rant,its what you do not know that will kill you.
Self preservation,comes from understanding what will take away your preserve.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

That was an excellent presentation of McKenna's ideas. Most people tend to focus on the doom and gloom aspect of his theory.

I actually met the man in 1998. It's hard to believe that was almost thirteen years ago.

The first time that I had heard of his theory was when it came straight from the horse's mouth.

I talked fairly extensively to him. He had just been diagnosed with cancer at the time and it was apparent that he had come to terms with his own existence and only desired to relay this information.

He saw this timewave as a reason NOT to be afraid.
He likened the idea of being alive presently to being alive during the discovery of fire or written language, but exponentially more effective upon life as we know it.

All I can say is this...

Life is just a ride man and the best that we can do is love every minute of it, strap in, and hold on.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

He knows too much, let's get him

Hey look it's something like that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
Does anyone else feel as though we are living in the end of days?

So much has happened to humanity since the towers came down it feels like a new reality is starting to emerge and one that is completely alien to say the least.

In which ever direction we choose to look there seems to be total chaos.

We can take nature for example, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, cold weather and I’m sure this summer will bring with it, its own new set of problems and on and on and on...

The earth, the people, the world its all changing and it's changing really fast.
Perhaps it is just me and I am too involved in stories like mass animal deaths and disclosure and the like or perhaps something really is happening. I just can't help feel that the current rioting in Egypt is the line that humanity is crossing into a new realm of reality.

With this event, just the amount of people involved it is becoming more and more intensified.
We now have a salacious culture with each event needing to be more powerful than the one before..
It is almost like a lust and desire for extremism without us even realising that we are in fact secretly gluttonous for more chaos.

We are now active participants in the revolution and we are the ones taking a stand, we are the ones waving weapons and throwing stones, we are fighting and dying. The time of peaceful protests have come to an end.

From here on in every march, every protest will have a sense of world unity to it. We no longer fight the small fight but come together to wage war against the machine.

It is my belief that we are at this very moment crossing a precipice where the future is unknown to the majority and yet the minority control it all.

The bottom line is that if the world government really wanted peace then they would send an ambassador to tell the world they are laying down their arms and distributing world wealth equally. These people in power do not even care about money they are beyond that. Money is a commodity for the layman. They move in circles of great power and influence where money has no effect.

Yes these riots may settle but the world will never be the same we will continue to make the next event even greater than the last until we come face to face with the enemy in an all out war. That is the way things are heading and it seems there is no stopping it save a messiah, Christ, or Ufo world event taking place.

I ask you all what in God's name is happening to humanity, the earth and the world as we know it....?

In answer to this and I know that this will most likely be shot down because most just choose to reject it. Partly because over time it seemed to never happen, so they think. In relation to man's understanding time is not fully understood when it comes to the divine plan, the divine mind and for the One that came to prepare the way.

The One that came for all mankind to save them from ultimate destruction was rejected by many and accepted by the few.
The statement was made, that ever since the towers came down a new reality began. Actually it started way before that, the difference is that it has picked up the pace and strange things are happening faster and faster as we move on into the future.
The most profound things that really started it all was the first two world wars, after that was the return of the Jews to Israel. Next was the industrial revolution, than came the technological revolution. With the wall in Berlin coming down the pace started to pick up, than the one event that put it at even a faster pace was when the twin towers came down. Now we are in a period that seems to be bringing changes by the week and by the day.

It would be simple to truly understand what is really happening, if everyone would just recognize and accept that there is a God and that He did send someone called the Messiah to show us the way. But this idea is just blatantly most times rejected, and that is just the way it is.

So many prefer to look at other directions, philosophy, new age which is actually ancient paganism with some new ideas added, E.T.'s and UFO's.
If the true spiritual approach would be taken, than the true nature of all of the above would be seen and realized for what it really is and really stands for. An awakening would take place in individuals that would open their minds eye to the truth and see it for what it really is.

We live in a world of extreme dangerous times to our physical life and for our soul.

The choice that we make will determine our eternity.
edit on 30-1-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join