It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in god's name is happening??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Its also because of mystical events. For instance, visions and such. But, I wouldn't expect a non-mystic to understand that.

None of the mystics with whose work I am familiar have related visions of the end of the world, well, certainly not within the next few million years.

So I wouldn't say that these kind of visions are necessarily a mystic thing.

edit on 30-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: word left out

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
Does anyone else feel as though we are living in the end of days?
...So much has happened to humanity since the towers came down it feels like a new reality is starting to emerge and one that is completely alien to say the least.
...I ask you all what in God's name is happening to humanity, the earth and the world as we know it?

My personal theory...
Before the events of 9/11/2001, the world looked different than it does now. Since the world's attention was focused on war for ten years, the geological and political events that took place outside of our boarders went without notice. We were too focused on one specific set of events; thus, everything else in life had fallen out of focus. During the years 2009 and 2010, people started to shake off the feeling of complacency.

Where did all this start?
Between the years 1990 and 1999, people had become complacent because of the millennium milestone. Christian groups were looking forward to the possible return of Christ. Extremist religious groups were committing mass suicides, so they can get to heaven before the end of days. More children started to bring guns to school. Everyone was buying internet stocks, and others were trying to fix the Y2K bug. Even though the government was corrupt, people didn't care because they thought Christ would return.

Once the new millennium had finally arrived (1/1/2000), people realized they took their religious beliefs too literally. At the other end of the spectrum, some religious groups wanted to hasten Armageddon. As one group reflected on redefining their lives, the other group sought to bring the world to an end.

Here comes the kicker... When the internet switched over to forums and social networks (2001-2005), people started to fill their lives with others that shared their world view. Instead of embracing a world of diversity, they now gang up with like minded individuals. As a result of creating online forum cults, the world has become an intolerable place to live. Cult based opinions have become fact, and facts have become opinion. Even though history and science can be tested to establish truth, online forum and social network cults have decided to replace them with 'cult driven opinion'. It is no longer okay for people to think, drink, speak, or dress differently. Social networks have erased social tolerance and civility; thus, they have opened the door to public anarchy and chaos.

Technically, when humanity was about to evolve psychologically, online social networks and the events of 9/11/01 had put human evolution on hold. Humanity has cheated itself an opportunity to become something more, and it was all due to the rise of the internet and war.

When it comes to global and geological changes, they have always occurred on different levels. What makes them more pronounced is that the internet allows you to watch them in real time. Instead of hearing about an earthquake one or two days later, the internet have provided the means to get geological and global news instantly. Since you are now more aware of them, their existence has become more magnified. As a result of this 'good' internet feature, its negative side has started to surface. We now have fear mongering driven by a cult of personality. Even though geological and world events have been taking place forever, the internet has help hastened the doomsayer's and cult movements. Pure science, math, philosophy, and history are being dismissed, so that the events can fit into a perfect cult narrative. Wikipedia, Wikileaks, Facebook, and many other sites try to control the narrative. As a result of different social cult groups not agreeing, people started to physically conflict with one and other.

Get it?

My Prediction...
In order for society to evolve in science, math, and technology, the opinion aspect of the internet needs to be removed permanently. Instead of being a global forum for joining online cults, the internet must be replaced with an all access digital vault of human 'tested' knowledge. We have to tone out the opinions, so that we can re-establish our connection with tested and known facts. I think we are heading into this direction, and it is a good and healthy direction to take.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

If you tone out the opinions, you wouldn't have had this space to have yours. And that is all it is, your opinion.
You can put your faith in man all you want, if man was wise and had the proper wisdom, we wouldn't be going through all this turmoil.
One thing that history proves, it repeats its self.
edit on 30-1-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Its also because of mystical events. For instance, visions and such. But, I wouldn't expect a non-mystic to understand that.

None of the mystics with whose work I am familiar have related visions of the end of the world, well, certainly not within the next few million years.

So I wouldn't say that these kind of visions are necessarily a mystic thing.

edit on 30-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: word left out

OK, I try to be flexible when it comes to terminology. If its not necessarily a mystic thing I am fine with that.

But to clarify, I wasn't referring to the visions and whatnot of others, but my own. And before anyone asks, I don't go into details about such things.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
For your consideration I present the following Poem which appears prophetic, or at least has some application to the present day. I've often thought about it over the years because it's more subtle than first appearance might suggest.

For example, while it appears pertinent to Christianity, the deeper question is whether the world has actually lived and experienced Christ's teachings over the past 2,000 years or have the so-called Christians done literally everything possible to give God a bad name and simply used the Christ to justify monstrosities against humanity?

So on and so forth, throughout the two paragraphs. My personal opinions don't matter but it does seem at least possible that the "end times" are rapidly closing in on us but this doesn't mean the end of the world (planet Earth), just the end for most of humanity, but probably not all.

But even if the end is here for all of humanity does this really matter? It doesn't to me because everything happens for reason, and thus, everything is progressing just as it should and just as it is written in the book of life. Death is an illusion and only offers the chance for eventual Rebirth.

Another illusion, or Maya, is that the Consciousness that exists within all of us needs a specific vessel (the human form in this case) because the reality is that "we" need it, while it doesn't "need" us. Any evolved vessel will do. Certainly we are made in God's image... but that image is Spirit and not material.

In short, there's really nothing serious to worry about because whatever is going to happen, will happen, and we're basically just along for the ride at (present). And as you might surmise, it's probably better to enjoy life in the moment for tomorrow you may die. But too bad if one passes as a fear-filled monkey.

I have no worries whatsoever and offer this Yeats poem for your consideration: Bon Voyage and Good Luck.

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
William Butler Yeats (1865-1939) wrote the above poem in 1919 in the aftermath
of the first World War.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But to clarify, I wasn't referring to the visions and whatnot of others, but my own. And before anyone asks, I don't go into details about such things
reply to post by Student X

That does clarify the matter, thanks.

As to personal visions, I respect your need to keep them confidential.

The only thing I would add is that it is notoriously tricky to identify an accurate time scale in visions.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
Does anyone else feel as though we are living in the end of days?

So much has happened to humanity since the towers came down it feels like a new reality is starting to emerge and one that is completely alien to say the least.

In which ever direction we choose to look there seems to be total chaos.

You know, these types of feelings are pretty normal, especially now since we are exposed to so much news all the time. Thanks to the internet, and devices like the iphone or i pad (pick your device), we can know what's going on all around the world as it happens, all the time. The internet before 9/11 wasn't quite what it is now. Cell phones weren't quite what they are now. There was no facebook or twitter or texting. Social media wasn't what it is now.

News travels fast and it's in our face ALL THE TIME. It's not necessarily that there are more natural catastrophes or revolts or wars or mass animal deaths than there were 100 or 500 years ago. We're just exposed to more of the chaos now thanks to technology.

And when we come to ATS or goto any news website we are exposed to anything (and everything) that's going on around the world.

But this feeling of doom and gloom has been around for thousands of years. Remember the Dark Ages

You should check out a book called " Future Shock" by Alvin Toffler. It was written in 1970 and is a great read. It may go a long way in explaining what you may be feeling. To sum up the term Future Shock: It is a personal perception of "too much change in too short a period of time". And an inability to cope with all this change which seems to be happening so quickly
edit on 30-1-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
reply to post by SecondComing

You are so very wrong. Global communications systems, in and of themselves, would be fine, but the technologies to monitor, manipulate, and control human perceptions are an integral part of this system. Who, or what, controls the system controls the people, and the level of control is increasing. There is no real freedom in such a system, just the illusion of it.

Freedom is a state of mind as those who have discovered this Truth despite, or perhaps because of, their torture and imprisonment... like Nelson Mandela (for example)... and is the stuff of many current movies. But this State doesn't come easily and often arrives only by virtue of almost inconceivable pain.. Just like anything really worth having..

Some might call it an Enlightened State which results from the experience of Truths that can only come from within... and never from books, which merely represent the all too obvious limits of Man's knowledge.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling and add content

edit on 30-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

If anyone wants to know the why's and when's the symbolism is all over the place. Read Apollyon Rising 2012.
Lays everything right out there for you. I can now sit back and watch it all fall into place.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It feels like time is speeding up to me, and everything is becoming more intense and at a quicker pace. I find the more intense everything gets, the opposite effect happens to me. I feel like I'm being drained, physically and mentally to the point of where I just want to sleep for years and its hard to concentrate. Anyone else feeling like this?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Originally posted by LanMan54
reply to post by SecondComing

You are so very wrong. Global communications systems, in and of themselves, would be fine, but the technologies to monitor, manipulate, and control human perceptions are an integral part of this system. Who, or what, controls the system controls the people, and the level of control is increasing. There is no real freedom in such a system, just the illusion of it.

Freedom is a state of mind as those who have discovered this Truth despite, or perhaps because of, their torture and imprisonment like Nelson Mandella (for example)... and is the stuff of many current movies. But this State doesn't come easy and often comes by virtue of almost inconceivable pain.. Just like all things really worth having..

Some might call it an Enlightened State which comes from the experience of Truth that can only come from within... and never from books which merely represent the all too obvious limits of Man's knowledge.

What a nice post.

I see the word enlightenment thrown around quite a bit, almost always with the connotation of "lack of mind." I think i even saw somewhere (maybe this thread?) it is "losing ones soul." Good to see someone who can conceptualize it in some way this one finds relevant. Its interesting, how it is simply realizing what was there all along. A cycle like all else. The "result" is so often misconstrued as the "activity." Like trying to grab a piece of debris floating in water..

Oh well, as they say, c'est la vie!
thanks for your post.

I still say, "end of the world" or not, is just focusing on semantics. Whether the world is "worse" now, or "worse" at some point in history, is also semantics. We, the people can make a change now. We, the people, need to realize and accept responsibility for our actions on an individual basis (this means YOU reader). To prevent the atrocities that have occurred throughout history, or in the present as well as the future, what solution will be brought forth? What base will humans choose as the consistent point of all of their actions? Do humans really think coming at the solution from the same incoherent pseudo-political base will somehow turn a different result, this time? It is insanity.

I said before, the proposed solution is unconditional Love. some have problems with the semantics of the word. It seems many will use such excuses to skip over the notion being presented. Experientially, the same could be accomplished through calling it a state of unconditional respect. The words used are not relevant, as many would like to make them. The action is what matters. But it most certainly is a choice.

What are some other solutions, then? If such a thing (Love) is so repulsive to some?

It seems many simply sit on the sidelines and say things like "change is inevitable," or "what can be done, anyway?" The same ones sure seem to prosthelytize fervently about "how it has to be." Well, who knows, unless one tries? It is a decision where not making a decision is still a choice that will yield results. In a finite time frame, one chooses what to do with each moment, whether that ends in a couple of years, or in eighty. Choosing to do nothing still results in the time frame moving forward towards inevitable death. People so readily give up, before they have even begun.. Only to realize the waste when at deaths door.

What will people choose to live, consistently, in their short time alive? Not even consistently, but will a true choice be made at all? I know what this one will choose, with consistency, as a state. I also know there are not many who will choose the same thing, as it requires more strength, bravery, and willpower than most think they are capable of conjuring. But everyone has it in them. everyone. The more that arrive in this state, the easier it will become. It will be passed down, through the generations, as has the culture of death, destruction, division, and hate. Many would wolf down the earth itself.. no, the "universe" itself.. if their mouths were large enough.

We, as humans, will choose what they will do, on an individual level. the result will be for all to see in the "future," as history. time will tell, but i know what this one will choose to do, in words, actions, and in my heart.. regardless of if i am to die this very moment, or in 2000 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I believe az time passes toward the release of my existence to the world many things will occur. They can all be stopped and or controlled by collective thought. We are getting close to all on Earth focusing thought to rid Earth of TPTB/"evil"/greed. Earth will be the new focus of all on Earth. We will start learning things of the spirit at an ever increasing rate. Dimensions? Yes!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
No, the world isn't ending. Why does everyone think this because of current events?

I can't speak for anyone else, but as for why I believe the "world" is "ending" is not only because of current events. Its also because of mystical events. For instance, visions and such. But, I wouldn't expect a non-mystic to understand that.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but you don't foresee any events or visions that others here do not.

Get off your high horse of BS bud

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just browsing and saw this, thought it was fitting lol. From 2 Timothy 3:1-5

(1) But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: (2) For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, (3) unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, (4) traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, (5) having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Shockingly true really.
edit on 30-1-2011 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Humans have always seemed to feel as though the end of days were upon them.

I don't. I don't expect to see world shattering events. I once did, but I no lnger do.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

This has ALWAYS been true.

It's all perspective.

If you have a highly religious belief, that imposes a moral code then undoubtedly you would think the world that didn't follow you were heathens.

This idea was true before the bible was written, and will be so when the bible is forgotten.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerberus00
It feels like time is speeding up to me, and everything is becoming more intense and at a quicker pace. I find the more intense everything gets, the opposite effect happens to me. I feel like I'm being drained, physically and mentally to the point of where I just want to sleep for years and its hard to concentrate. Anyone else feeling like this?

I completely understand this feeling, and I think that it is helpful to talk about it and get it out of your head.

You simply typing your emotions helped me relate to someone, and makes me feel less... alone.
And for that I thank you.

The world is speeding up and our brain can only process information so quickly. When the rate of social change (quite an ambiguous notion) becomes faster than our brain can process information then we enter into the state of what Alvin Toffler referred to as future shock. (props to the poster who already mentioned this guy)

I am responding to you because I am hoping that me sharing these feeling can alleviate them a bit, for the both of us.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by ghaleon12

This has ALWAYS been true.

It's all perspective.

If you have a highly religious belief, that imposes a moral code then undoubtedly you would think the world that didn't follow you were heathens.

This idea was true before the bible was written, and will be so when the bible is forgotten.

Yeah that has always been true. It isn't really about Christians vs. "heathens" since as a whole, everyone is failing. But don't add your religious hate to this thread, there are better places to discuss your vices that doesn't distract from this thread.

It should be said though that some of the problems are getting worse. People I'm sure have heard this, but when asked if the 60's or so whether students felt they were "an important person" it was only like 1 in 10 that said yes, now it's more like 8 out of 10 think they are important. There are trends that show things are not at the same level as they have always been, I think that's fair to say.

Basically what it says in that part of Timothy simply, is that community is declining. Is that true?
edit on 30-1-2011 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The world is burning around us but it's only just started. Things are going to get a lot worse and soon. It doesn't take a blind man or an idiot to see the patterns and it's sad. Our race is capable of such amazing and horrifying things and yet this seems to be the end of the road. We already reached the pinnacle while we were busy dreaming of our future conquests. At least it's going to be an interesting ride...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join