It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in god's name is happening??

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
reply to post by hawaii50th

When you look inside yourself, you'll see the face of G_d. Except the trap lies where mankind subverts G_d's perspective for their own. Make no delusion of what you "think" G_d would think; but that's man's arrogance to assume to know the unknowable mind of G_d. All preconceptions must be set-aside and full acceptance attained to even glimpse this reality.

It IS what it IS.

I agree with you partly, that yes man's arrogance can make him think that he knows the mind of God, that's when man tries to mold God to his own thinking and image, this is folly.
That is why God sent Christ into the world to teach man the mind of God, but the man has to be willing to let Christ into his heart. Man has to humble himself sincerely and honestly and admit his sin and guilt and be honest with himself. Than he can begin to understand the mind of God, this the Holy spirit will teach and guide when man is in constant prayer.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So you ask what in God's name is happening. It's an inquiry of our minds...which seek out excuses of reasons why something already perfectly laid out, is rejected, even in troubling times. We've done this before, analyzing, putting our heads together, studying, wringing our hands in despair or standing elated with a new age revelation dug up from the old... yet the gospel was still rejected and because it was so, most all became deceased even in the hereafter, but that is in the future, but only transpired because we were short by just a few, to manifest the gospel's reality. Human ego, with all it's pride, thought it could handle direct contact with God-Force with ancient-religions/sub-religions/individual-spirituality, which only blew-out minds, shattering them into thoughtless dust particles because the force's power stands greater than human conceptualization with out Christ Jesus as Master. So, another chance is being offered for public consideration. Consider this a second coming of the message, which then leads to the physical second coming of Jesus Christ's return and our eternal life which is finally uncorrupted, loving and beautiful, that which you seek. A real and true family awaits. Remember these parts?

"Jesus Christ came to earth, lived a perfect life, and was Crucified on a cross in order to atone for YOUR sins with His Sacrificial Blood. All that is required for YOU to claim this unmerited favor and become "Born Again" is to:

Repent - Feel sorry for YOUR sin; turn from YOUR sin.

2 Peter 3:9 (NIV) The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Acts 3:19-20 (NIV) Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20 and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you--even Jesus.

Acts 17:30 (NIV) In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Believe - in YOUR heart that Jesus Christ is the Lord God, and that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Believe that Jesus Christ's Sacrificial Blood has the power to cleanse YOU from YOUR sins.

John 3:36 (NIV) "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Confess - YOUR sins in prayer to Jesus Christ, and ask Jesus Christ to forgive YOU for sinning. Pray/talk to Jesus Christ wherever YOU are physically located, like YOU would talk to another man; Jesus Christ is YOUR Master, and He will hear YOU.

1 John 1:9 (NIV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Confess - to other people that Jesus Christ is the Lord, and YOUR Lord, verbally and/or written.

Romans 10:9-10 (NIV) That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Receive - Pray/talk to Jesus Christ like YOU would talk to another man, and ask Jesus Christ into YOUR heart as YOUR Lord and God; then receive Him.

John 1:12 (NIV) Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

Comply - with God's law, which includes baptism.

2 Timothy 2:19 (NIV) Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

John 8:10-11 (NIV) Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" 11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

God has guaranteed through God's Holy Word, that YOU will find God when YOU seek God with all of YOUR heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

While YOU are seeking God, and before YOU become "Born Again", YOU will not be able to stop from sinning; because, like Simon Peter prior to the Day of Pentecost, YOU will still have a dead sinful spirit.

1 John 2:1 (NIV) My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

When YOU become "Born Again" YOU will become a complete new person, because YOUR formerly dead, sinful spirit will have come to spiritual life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

When YOU become "Born Again" of the Holy Spirit of Life, YOU will be able to live without committing ANY sin.

1 John 3:4-10 (NIV) Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Ensure that YOU are a "Born Again" Child of God, evidenced by the ONLY Biblically referenced proof, found in 1 John 2:3-4 printed below:

1 John 2:3-4 (NIV) We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

God's commands were illuminated by Jesus Christ in Matthew 22:37-40 printed below:

Matthew 22:37-40 (NIV) Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

YOUR acceptance of Jesus Christ as YOUR Lord and God begins as an indentured servant relationship. Because of YOUR sin, YOU have incurred a debt that YOU must pay for with YOUR life. Jesus Christ is offering to assume YOUR debt for YOU. If YOU accept Jesus Christ's terms, Jesus Christ will pay off YOUR debt. In exchange, YOU must agree to become Jesus Christ's indentured servant and work off YOUR debt to Jesus Christ. YOUR debt is far greater than YOU can ever pay off in YOUR lifetime. Consequently, YOU must agree to become Jesus Christ's servant until YOUR death.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

If YOU do not agree to become Jesus Christ's indentured servant, then Jesus Christ does not assume YOUR debt.

Luke 19:27 (NIV) "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.' "

As Jesus Christ's indentured servant, Jesus Christ directs YOU to forgive the spiritual debts that other people have incurred with YOU, just as Jesus Christ has forgiven YOUR debt. If YOU as Jesus Christ's indentured servant fail to do as YOUR Master requests, then YOU have violated the terms of YOUR indentured servant-hood, breeched YOUR indentured servant hood contract and rendered YOUR contract null and void. YOUR debt will then be restored to YOU.

Matthew 18:23-35 (NIV) "Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt. "The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go. "But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded. "His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.' "But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened. "Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

I have personally chosen to become Jesus Christ's indentured servant, because on Judgment day when anyone steps up to the Judgment bar of God and says, "I have this charge against her"; Jesus Christ will say, "I have paid that debt in full." WOW, INDENTURED SERVANT-HOOD TO JESUS CHRIST IS A GREAT DEAL!

Even though I am Jesus Christ's indentured servant, Jesus Christ has made me His friend.

John 15:9-17 (NIV) "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other."

Jesus Christ has not only made me His friend, Jesus Christ has adopted me into His family.

Matthew 12:46-50 (NIV) While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you." He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Ephesians 2:19 (NIV) Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household,

Hebrews 2:11 (NIV) Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers."

www.cynet.com...

Jesus Christ is the Lord and is my Lord. You will know if this is for you if He has been calling you. This time, hear Him. He choses you and you have a choice to heed His call or not.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It can all be summed up in this one verse

John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)

For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

Or another translation

John 3:16 (New American Standard Bible)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

And more in-depth

John 3:11-21 (Amplified Bible)

11I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, We speak only of what we know [we know absolutely what we are talking about]; we have actually seen what we are testifying to [we were eyewitnesses of it]. And still you do not receive our testimony [you reject and refuse our evidence--that of Myself and of all those who are born of the Spirit].

12If I have told you of things that happen right here on the earth and yet none of you believes Me, how can you believe (trust Me, adhere to Me, rely on Me) if I tell you of heavenly things?

13And yet no one has ever gone up to heaven, but there is One Who has come down from heaven--the Son of Man [Himself], [a]Who is (dwells, has His home) in heaven.

14And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert [on a pole], so must [so it is necessary that] the Son of Man be lifted up [on the cross],

15In order that everyone who believes in Him [who cleaves to Him, trusts Him, and relies on Him] may not perish, but have eternal life and [actually] live forever!

16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

18He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation--he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's name.]

19The [basis of the] judgment (indictment, the test by which men are judged, the ground for the sentence) lies in this: the Light has come into the world, and people have loved the darkness rather than and more than the Light, for their works (deeds) were evil.

20For every wrongdoer hates (loathes, detests) the Light, and will not come out into the Light but shrinks from it, lest his works (his deeds, his activities, his conduct) be exposed and reproved.

21But he who practices truth [who does what is right] comes out into the Light; so that his works may be plainly shown to be what they are--wrought with God [divinely prompted, done with God's help, in dependence upon Him].

<< 10  11  12   >>

join